AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-30, 09:00   Link #1
Syaoran
Inactive Member

[Manga] Chapter 333 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

ナルト333: 相性・・・ (Affinity...)
Short Summary:
Shikamaru managed to immobilize both Hidan and Kakazu using his shadow. This time Hidan start panicking, saying it will be over for both of them now. Shikamaru confirm this, as het tells them they're done for the second he caught them. Kakazu remains silent, watching as Shikamaru's shadow extends into Hidan's direction.

As Shikamaru's shadow hit Hidan's, Kakashi is silently observing from a safe distance. Hidan gets agitated and insults Shikamaru. Together with this, something picks up one of the chakra loaded blades from the ground.

This time they will go down. Shikamaru makes Hidan hold his scythe firmly, while Hidan's sis swearing whatever Shikamaru'll try, he's going to be sorry afterwards.
As Shikamaru suggests Hidan to shut up, he makes him attack Kakazu with the huge scythe. Hidan warned Kakazu just in time so Kakazu can duck.

Just when Kakazu avoids getting cut, Hidan congratulates him for the move. Shikamaru is unpleasantly surprised to see Kakazu's extension coming out of the ground holding the tagged blade.

Ino and Chouji also noticed that arm from their hiding spots. The hand drops the blade on the ground and more of Kakazu's black threads move from the hole.
Shikamaru realizes that Kakazu must have done it after hiding behind a smoke screen earlier on.

Kakazu tells Shikamaru how he was one step ahead of him when he thought it was already over. He figured out Shikamaru's range of action and unlike his partner (Hidan), he can think. Even if planned, the battle doesn't always go the way you intented.
Hidan is not very happy about the "my partner" part of the speech. Then again, Shikamaru makes Hidan charge Kakazu.

Shikamaru makes Hidan swing his scythe violently, making Kakazu retreat until he's driven into a corner. Hidan's yelling at Kakazu to do something as he cannot control his body. Then gives Chouji the signal to attack.

Chouji comes rolling from above right onto Hidan and Kakazu using Nikudan Hari Sensha. Both of them are stunned at seeing Chouji approaching at high speed.

Kakazu performs a hand seal just before getting hit at full force by the rolling Chouji. The impact is so powerful the earth under their feet cracks and collapses.

In the meantime, Naruto is standing at the bottom of an enormous crater, with the wind still blowing through it. While Naruto is catching his breath, Yamato is hiding his face behind arm, still not believing the terrific power he just witnessed.
Naruto is excited as he almost got it, by the idea of being able to bring Sasuke back. Yamato remains silent, looking thoughtfully.

Yamato then speaks... Naruto should watch out for Sasuke's fire jutsu. Naruto is surprised at this and Yamato explains it's because of the elemental vulnerability of nature manipulation.
To put it simple, each nature has its own advantages and vulnerabilities against other elements. Since Naruto doesn't really get it, Yamato decides to draw a picture.

In the example of fire, fire has an advantage over wind, but a vulnerability towards water. 'Simplified', it means that Naruto's wind element jutsu will always lose against Sasuke's fire jutsu.
When Naruto asks why that's so, Yamato explains that wind feeds fire, but water puts it out. So if Naruto uses a wind jutsu to counter Sasuke's fire jutsu, he'll make Sasuke's jutsu stronger and lose.

On the other hand, wind has an advantage over lighting, meaning Naruto can beat Sasuke's ultimate lightning jutsu: Chidori Nagashi. Yamato tells him he's lucky not having an earth affinity...
Naruto than asks if he has the right affinity for Sasuke... but before he can finish his question, Yamato confirms only wind can beat lightning. But ... that's not what Naruto meant.

No... Naruto meant the only thing that can keep a fire from dying and give it even more power... is wind.
Yamato pauses for a while and just says: "True."
Back at Shikamaru, Chouji asks what's the thing with Kakuzu. Shikamaru says it's just like Raidou senpai said.

Kakazu can harden his body like steel... and he confirms Shikamaru's good analysis. No physical attack can harm him.
Now it's Akatsuki's turn. Hidan wants Kakuzu to break Shikamaru's jutsu.

Suddenly Kakuzu's expression changes! He's pinned by Kakashi's arm, loaded with Raikiri! Hidan is totally shocked by the sight as well as Shikamaru, Chouji and Ino.

Kakuzu doesn't understand it ... he didn't even sense Kakashi's presence. Kakashi tells him the seal he performed just a few seconds ago is an earth affinity seal.
Being able to read his seals at that speed and the level of lightning manipulation used, Kakuzu knows who he's dealing with. Unfortunately for him, he got matched with the wrong person today and he's gonna die now, like Kakashi says...
An illustration will maybe follow later ...
A interesting 'fact' I discovered, is that in Hattori clan's family tree, there's been a certain Naruto, being a very skilled Ninja as well \(^ ^)/

Last edited by Syaoran; 2006-12-01 at 03:33.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 09:13   Link #2
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Naruto seemed to have re-invented a small nuclear bomb. I guess he re-created the technique 4-tailed version of him used against Oro.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 09:24   Link #3
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Naruto seemed to have re-invented a small nuclear bomb. I guess he re-created the technique 4-tailed version of him used against Oro.
-Nuclear bomb you say? Well if that's the case then there may be hope for him after all.

-This chapter was indeed good and I'm glad that the Kakashi we saw in ch.331 earlier is indeed the "real" deal. For some reason I would have disliked it if it was just Naruto using a Henge to go with Shikamaru's team. What I want to know now is how Kakuzu will get himself out of this predicament (you know as well as I do that he isn't done for)? After all, he was on the direct receiving blast of Kakashi's Raikiri...

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2006-11-30 at 09:36.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 09:36   Link #4
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Yeah, no way Kakuzu is done for.. Though I'm curious of how he's going to survive a raikiri through his chest.
I think that he's able to manipulate his internal organs, somehow.. perhaps he's moved his vital points to other locations or something, just a wild guess.
We havent seen his 'true' face, nor do we know anything about him, or even seen his famous berserker moves. Akatsuki aint going down without flashbacks and background storylines.
IMO this was one of the best chapters in a long time, really pumped me up.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 09:43   Link #5
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme View Post
IMO this was one of the best chapters in a long time, really pumped me up.
-Yeah, hopefully this "pumped up" excitement will get us through the week until the new chaper comes out.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 10:13   Link #6
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Uhm... this new jutsu of Naruto seems a little too powerfull...

Imagine it when it hits a person....it'll be like looking at the explosion of 10 grenades...without distance..50 cm...since he detonates it from his own hands..

The impact it has on the opponent would mean he gets hit aswell right?

Anyway...I doubt Kakuzu dies so fast...because it makes him look like your average jounin...and Ino also need to step in...

Ninpou Shinran Shin No Jutsu! (and make them fight eachother...) they dont even need to use the shadows...with Ino
Old 2006-11-30, 10:19   Link #7
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

By the way, don't forget that Naruto's jutsu still seems to be incomplete. If the level of improvement we will observe in going from the incomplete version of wind-Rasengan to the complete one is similar to what we had observed in going from incomplete Rasengan to complete Rasengan, imagine the change we will observe next, and the finalized power of wind-Rasengan. I can't wait to see it in action.

After checking the lines corresponding to the next week's chapter, this might really be the end for Kakuzu. Regarding Kakuzu, it just says, "Kakuzu falls!", with no question mark.

Also, what will be the whole story that preview talks about? Story about their childhood or Akatsuki plans?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 10:22   Link #8
flexx

wtf... kakashi is just great

You got to love this chapter.
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 10:30   Link #9
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
My Analysis Of 333

Well I just read this, great chapter really it answered allot of things. First and foremost Shikamaru said "I wont screw the order up this time." this totally say's that Shikamaru meant he wont screw up on who he should kill / attack first that being Mr.Fix It like I guessed in the chapter 332 discussion, if you want to kill something that keeps getting fixed (Hidan) you kill what fixes it first (Kakuzu).

The other thing is, I'm glad that Kakazu didn’t find out how to break from Kage Mane because the thought of that pissed me off, he let one of his arm's go underground right after the first pair of tag's exploded, so I'm glad that you cant beat the Kage Mane.

I thought Chouji's jutsu was pretty sweet it reminded me of when Jiraiya tried to harden his hair in to spikes during the Orochimaru fight, speaking of Jutsu's Naruto's new Jutsu looks NUT’S like Syzlet mentioned "Naruto seemed to have re-invented a small nuclear bomb"

Something very interesting that I made an observation on, in this chapter which I think is a foreshadow "Your wind-element jutsu will lose against Sasuke's fire-element jutsu. The only way to beat fire is water." I think this foreshadows that Naruto's 2nd element might be water (assuming he has one) I say this because a while back when the whole element stuff was reviled I mentioned the only element left for Naruto is really Water, due to all the others being taken by other Konoha Ninja and becoming something special to them and perhaps their clan EX: Sasuke/Uchiha fire.

Another observation I made is "So if you countered Sasuke's fire jutsu with a wind jutsu of the same strength you'd only make the fire stronger" In other words if Naruto's new jutsu over power's sasuke's fire jutsu the wind weakness does not apply.

"Naruto: The only power that can save a fire from dying ad give it even more power is wind." >_> This says to me Sasuke will get stronger, good means the manga wont be ending any time soon and Naruto will keep coming up with more shit possibly even find out his second element is water.

I love how kakashi looks with his hand through Kakuzu's chest its perfect. Kakashi's Lightning Edge looks as good as always, even better then the Chidori if you ask me. As for Kakuzu no he's not dead I'm still going with what I said earlier in the Chapter 332 discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Considering his body part's are kind of tied together by string's, I wouldn’t be surprised if he can move them around on the Inside as well. In any case, no way Kakauzu will die that quick, because when it comes to Naruto its always a "I show you mine, you show me yours we both surprise each other" kind of deal. Next (in 334 obviously 333 is Kakashi's stage) it's Kakashi's turn to be impressed, by something that Kakuzu does.
The other thing that makes me think Kakuzu is not dead is "Text: He sees through everything...he breaks through everything! Kakashi displays his true abilities once again!" If Kakuzu is dead, kakashi cant really show off because Hidan is a lame ass ^_^.

One last thing, I had a small epiphany of Naruto's stupidity and I realized its not that Naruto is stupid, his character is made that way to provided explanations for people who don’t understand and need a farther/better explanation. Remember this is a Shounen Manga when Naruto asks "How come?" (How come wind is weaker then fire and water is stronger then fire) Is it because Naruto is stupid? Yes, but his character is like this because this provides the viewer's who don’t know the answer, AN answer and does not make THEM feel stupid, makes Naruto look stupid.
Old 2006-11-30, 10:45   Link #10
Oberon

Nice chapter overall, though I think Kishimoto could start to let Naruto seem at least a bit smarter after all this time. The way he looked, I thought he was at the very limit of his abstract thinking capabilities. Kishimoto could have let Naruto make some more of those conclusions instead of getting everything explained to. Concernig the rock-paper-scissor principle, I'm looking forward to the upcoming "Nen" battles.

So, Wind enhances Fire. Do I smell a "combined power double whopper Naruto&Sasuke final ultimate with sugar on top beat the uber bad guy no jutsu"?

I'd be (positively) surprised if Kishimoto was willing to off one of the bad guys so quickly. It would let Kakashi hog a bit of the fame after quite a while (compared to the oh so fast growing "wow they're already that good I can retire soon" 2nd generation). Though I wouldn't count Kazuku out just jet. There still might be a jutsu that'll let us see those beloved zoomed in shocked face pages we can't get enough of.

Last edited by Oberon; 2006-11-30 at 11:17. Reason: spelling
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 10:53   Link #11
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
so amazed how Kakuzu can still talk or even stand after getting raikiri through he heart -_______-||| and again he might be an immortal, woopdy doo
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 11:43   Link #12
MobiuS

Immortality is the new black, just for the record.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 12:02   Link #13
majin_vegeta

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS View Post
Immortality is the new black, just for the record.
Haha, yeah that seems to be the case with this arc. Everyone is immortal now days. I am looking for some more kishi's fetish with Highlander like characters.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 12:07   Link #14
Wong82

I thought this chapter was great! Kakashi is such a bad ass at times, he needs more of those moments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Uhm... this new jutsu of Naruto seems a little too powerfull...
Do you expect anything less? i mean rasengan was already super powerful as is and doing something kakashi and the 4th couldn't do already made the jutsu 20 times stronger if not more.
Wong82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 12:12   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

Interesting Chapter.

First of it seems that Naruto is planning on helping Sasuke on his revenge? Maybe a Foreshadow of Sasuke and Naruto fighting Against Itachi?

Then Cool Kakshi and showing of one of the most important aspect of the Sharingan, Analyzed And counter/cancels a Jutsu effect.

And the one of the funnies moment of the Manga:

Kakkuzu: I actually Think, unlike my partner.

Hidan pissed of: What the heck was that “unlike my partner” BS?

Hilarious
Old 2006-11-30, 12:12   Link #16
majin_vegeta

Ah you guys are so lucky, I won't be able to read the actual raw until friday.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 12:24   Link #17
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

It's not like most guys here can actually read all that stuff...its translated ....anyway yeah i didnt expect THAT much from this new jutsu...

Also I didnt see any kage bunshins go poof! while we saw Naruto like that....

IF he has that jutsu one handed or without Kage Bunshin...i'd be very happy.

But Water > Fire was pretty obvious....
3rd Hokage: Katon Karyuu Endan!!
2nd Hokage: Suiton Sujin Heki! (and Sandaimes attack was useless instantly)

However this weakness, strenghts vs, vs, is sounding awfully like Pokemon or something like that...
Old 2006-11-30, 12:52   Link #18
Zerokule

Yeah, I'm happy that it's really Kakashi, he's proven again what a badass he is. Naruto's definately forshadowed to help Sasuke kill Itachi and his "new" jutsu may have some promise if Kishimoto can relight the flames of creativity. All in all a great chapter, I was definately pumped when Kakashi pwned Kakuzu.
Zerokule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 13:24   Link #19
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

Hell yes Kakashi!! Even if its inevitably not the end for Kakuzu, awesome pose awesome drawing Kishi.

A side note. Itachi and Shark-face (forgot his name) The Uchiha fire element would lose to his water element then. Maybe they are more even than I first thought.

I'm not sure this chapter foreshadows Naruto helping Sasuke, I doubt Kishimoto would justify Sasuke's revenge he hasnt shown Sasuke's ideals to be a good thing so far. I do think that it shows furthermore a circular theory related to the two rivals. They will keep making each other stronger fire to wind, wind to lightning, fire to wind again... Its like Kakashi said, 'As long as those two live' They ll be battling each other.
Soulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 13:31   Link #20
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
But Water > Fire was pretty obvious....
3rd Hokage: Katon Karyuu Endan!!
2nd Hokage: Suiton Sujin Heki! (and Sandaimes attack was useless instantly)
True
Also, remember what Sarutobi defended himself with against the wave of water? That's right! A wall of earth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran at First post
Together with this, Shikamaru's shadow lifts one of the chakra loaded blades from the ground.
*correction*
Actually, it was Kakuzu's arm that lifted the blade up, not the shadow.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote