AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Favourite Character(s) Poll
Akiyama Mio 83 38.43%
Hirasawa Yui 84 38.89%
Tainaka Ritsu 84 38.89%
Kotobuki Tsumugi 64 29.63%
Nakano Azusa 89 41.20%
Hirasawa Ui 41 18.98%
Suzuki Jun 26 12.04%
Manabe Nodoka 25 11.57%
Yamanaka Sawako 39 18.06%
Tachibana Himeko 30 13.89%
Ton-chan 22 10.19%
Other 9 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-03, 08:54   Link #21
Saphira Veera
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord of fire View Post
yui and ritsu for me. On their own they're amusing as it is, but together they're comedy gold.

I expect this poll to be either in mio's favor as time goes by, or that she and yui will have to fight for first place.
i totally agreee!! :d :d
Old 2010-10-03, 08:57   Link #22
Rhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I expect this poll to be either in Mio's favor as time goes by, or that she and Yui will have to fight for first place.
True, but by the looks of things it seems like Azusa will be fighting for it too.
Old 2010-10-03, 09:16   Link #23
krko
The Movie is Coming

Azusa, Mio, and Yui are the three pillars of K-On's popularity, with Ritsu and Mugi being their foundations.
Old 2010-10-03, 16:21   Link #24
kitten320

Kinda sad though, since without Mugi and especially Ritsu, those 3 wouldn't get to shine that much...

They are popular only to those 2. Well Azusa is more popular thanks to Yui... But Yui's and Mio's popularity definetly holds thanks to those 2.
Old 2010-10-03, 18:52   Link #25
Friday
Im shy too...

Ton chan for life!!!!!

didn't know it was a MULTI CHOICE!!! poll, in the title should have "Multi Choice". Can we scrape this and start again?????
so I can vote for more other than Ton chan

Last edited by Friday; 2010-10-03 at 19:10.
Old 2010-10-03, 19:33   Link #26
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Azunyan and Yui tied for the first with 28 votes ea, while Mio ranks second with 27 votes.

I am obviously for Azunyan. She's the cutest character in the entire series, nuff said. Tsundere + Loli + Catgirl = moe overload, plus she's kind of pretty when she lets her hair down - kokeshii. What actually adds to her cuteness is her pessimistic interpretation of every of her band members, and her motor mouth which made her say all sorts of wrong things at the wrong time.

Mugi comes second. I am kind of appalled by her closet lesbian tendencies and dirty mind. Of course, that is Mugivision™ for you. Though I don't really like her character being bowdlerised in the anime - I was wishing for the amusement when the other girls get freaked out by her turning on while watching them get intimate. Dammit, where is my Act 2 Scene 5 from R&J?

Mio and Ritsu rank third on my list. The yuri-osanajimi-manzai/semeuke couple and their funny antics are rather cute. Mio tied with Ritsu because of her boobs and stripes, while the latter's energy really rubs off me positively.

Ui is kind of an interesting character design. She is portrayed as a yamato nadeshiko (a severely endangered breed of females) and as a siscon. What is the most unique part is that her character was not originally designed to radiate the disturbing yandere vibes, yet it somehow was perceived as so by the fans. Especially the way that she is usually seen with a kitchen knife or similar cutlery in her hands.

Sawako's character is one-of-a-kind. Rarely do you see music teachers with a metalhead rocker background, and she pulls her disguise off so perfectly with the glasses and the demure expressions most of the time.

Nodoka and Yui act as perfect foils for each other, with Nodoka being the highty-tighty super responsible seitokai, while Yui being the completely useless airhead-genius. They need each other - with Nodoka paying special attention to the less-able students in the school to make her shine, while Yui (and the irresponsible President of the keionbu who is too busy with her lover) make her look extremely responsible and meticulous for her role as head of the student council.

Jun's role may be small, but she is nonetheless an important character in Azunyan's development, and the latter's upgrade from kuudere to tsundere, as well as leading to Azunyan's admissions of having weird ideas (Aren't waitresses supposed to wear cat ears?, naming Jun's cat Azunyan #2, etc). Her constant teasing Azunyan while Ui is trying to play nice is humourous at times - it is just like a puppy poking a cat who is trying to take a nap. Subsequently she helps to expose Azunyan's greatest fears - loneliness and rejection, beneath all that tsuntsun exterior.

The ex-seitokai, Megumi Sogabe is one of the funniest characters in the series. Beneath that super-responsible and respectable exterior, she is actually abusing her authority and power to create the Mio fanclub, and even to the extent of stalking the latter to update fanclub news! Though whether if she is under the influence of Mugivision™ is not known.

Noteworthy recurring Classmates

Himeko is an interesting extra as the girl who sits beside the biggest idiot in the entire series, and probably under the auspices of Mugivision™, she started to have feelings for the latter. She somehow sets an example as one of the few students in school who can work part time, take part in school activities and graduate without problems, yet is still able to mix well with her classmates. Plus, she is the other bishoujo in 3-2, with another being Mio herself.

Another of the two interesting classmates are Satou Akane and Taki Eri, the two volleyballing coke addicts. If cake and tea are synonymous to drugs and alcohol, then coke would be considered alternative drugs/steroids (coke does have high sugar content to provide for energy anyway ). Akane was clean until Eri introduced her to coke, which supposedly got her addicted too (talk about bad friends ). Another thing is that Akane-Eri are rather similar to Mio-Ritsu, both pairing a quiet and reserved one to a energetic and noisy other.

Takahashi Fuuko (the meganekko who made the farewell card for Sawako) is your typical, quiet girl who radiates an unexpected amount of moe in episode 24. Usually seen reading, she got her hair trimmed to neck level and bundled up(probably an art so as to distinguish between her and Mio, since both of them have hime-cuts). Her most hilarious and defining scene as a complete glasses-girl was her definition of the keionbu as "interesting" (much to the shock of the club musicians) - using formal vocabulary at the wrong time.

Not much from the other classmates that attract attention though. This part could certainly use a little touch-up in the movie.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-10-03, 19:59   Link #27
kitten320

You could have included un-emotional Ichigo^^
Old 2010-10-03, 23:18   Link #28
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Voted for one and only Ricchan.
And himeko, cos she seemed really cool.
Old 2010-10-03, 23:58   Link #29
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yeh, same here. I don't really understan why Mio is so popular. Except some Moe scenes and the whole Mitsu thingy, there is nothing special about her. Actually it is almost always thanks to Ritsu that she gets to shine.
*finally gets back enough confidence to reply to this quote* Okay, I'm good. My heart has healed.

Ahem. I think we're missing the fact here that KyoAni misinterpreted what 'moe' is really about, and really makes Mio look like a cute but shallow character, especially in Season Two. 'Moe' could be something that really shows the pureness and innocence of a girl. People claim that they see this in Yui more, but I just find more love to be present in Mio's lyrics than Yui's ones (which are just plain cutesy without meaning, save U&I, to be honest) - and I resent KyoAni/Kakifly for not emphasizing on Mio's loving side, or her seemingly coddled background (her calling her mother 'mama' makes it look like her parents were babying her her whole life).

Favoritism indeed, for choosing Ritsu/Yui over Mio. And don't get me started with Azusa. You say that Kakifly favors Mio? No, they are only milking Mio of her moeness to make money and attract readers. If anything, Ritsu, Yui, and Azusa were more favored in terms of providing proper character development. They didn't give a shit about giving Mio anything quality when there's potential to be done so.

Anyway, as I said before, I'd love to know what Mio's winning story (the one she was forced to read in front of the whole school) was about. I could just see a girl who dreams about Fairy Tales and stuff, but you know, not really having it come true what with the reality shit and stuff. I say she is forced to act 'mature' when all she really wants is just to have fun. My suspicion is that her parents are behind this (but I'm half-joking about this ).

Oh, and why is that people claim that K-On's story being boring (but cute) is okay because it's related to 'your daily life', but having Mio being boring but realistic is not? Sure, let's like Ritsu and Yui who are less similar to real people than Mio is.

Phew. End rant. Start your bickering now. Oh, and I find it sad that Mio fans are only satisfied with Mio being cutesy and moeish, not having any wills of seeing improvements in her character (or having the intelligence to see the potentiality of this happening). It's just... sad.
Old 2010-10-04, 03:38   Link #30
Sparvid
*hic*

Ritsu: My favorite Great at setting off events leading to a fun plot.

Tsumugi: I'm still interested in her take on everyday life. Too bad there weren't more Mugicentric episodes...

Azusa: She's grown on me throughout the second season, and at the end I really want to see more of how she'll do as club president.

Jun: She stands out from many of the other minor characters in a good way. Another reason why I want to see what's going to happen to the club.

Himeko:

Other: Shizuka, cause she's just adorable, and often smiling.

Closely followed by Chizuru (glasses + forehead)
Old 2010-10-04, 04:47   Link #31
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Voted for:

Yui: I want her to win as a Yui fan. period.

Azunyan, Ui, and Jun: I like this trio, especially 'cus they made the most amusing conversations in this season. Besides, they're a lot lot cuter in this second season. lol.

Ton-chan: ALL HAIL THE SACRED TURTLE BY YUI-CHAN! XD (lol)
Old 2010-10-04, 08:01   Link #32
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

My vote went to all five HTT girls, Ui, and Sawa-chan. I considered adding Jun, but she just didn't see enough screen time for her to leave much of a lasting impression for me.
Old 2010-10-04, 08:32   Link #33
Saphira Veera
*Author

Smile

Darn, Azu-nyan's getting first place... >.< Ricchan!!!!!!

Sakura Kyouko
Old 2010-10-04, 11:46   Link #34
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Takahashi Fuuko (the meganekko who made the farewell card for Sawako)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
is your typical, quiet girl who radiates an unexpected amount of moe in episode 24. Usually seen reading, she got her hair trimmed to neck level and bundled up(probably an art so as to distinguish between her and Mio, since both of them have hime-cuts). Her most hilarious and defining scene as a complete glasses-girl was her definition of the keionbu as "interesting" (much to the shock of the club musicians) - using formal vocabulary at the wrong time.
Dude, you're talking about Miyamoto Akiyo, not Fuuko.

Just saiyan.
Old 2010-10-04, 16:01   Link #35
keroro gunsou

Azusa & Yui will get many voters in this thread, But go Ritsu !!!
Old 2010-10-04, 16:34   Link #36
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
Azusa & Yui will get many voters in this thread, But go Ritsu !!!
Seems like there are a lot of Ritsu fans now :O She's finally getting the attention she deserves ;D
Old 2010-10-04, 17:11   Link #37
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh hell this easy choice for me, I'm just gonna do what I did in the previous poll and select everyone.
I won't fight the urge to "tone it down and select just a few" I got no reason to and it would be a pointless fight cause I'd be lying to myself if I thought none of these characters were a favorite.
Plus when it comes to favorite character(s) polls I end up selecting anyone and everyone that I even just remotely like

I'll say this tho, when K-ON! started out Mio was my most favorite character of the series but thats changed now, Mugi-chan now holds crown here followed by Himeko then Mio.
Old 2010-10-04, 19:24   Link #38
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Seems like there are a lot of Ritsu fans now :O She's finally getting the attention she deserves ;D
Yui wont lose to Mio >;D but those are my two fav characters so i can care less if one is a head of the other
Old 2010-10-05, 13:39   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I enjoy all the characters.. but I checked Ritsu, Azusa, and Jun simply because they seemed to bring the most novelty and revealed character insights during the daily activities during the season. The other characters were fairly static... well, Yui did spend most of the season being a deer in the headlights over "growing up". Mio and Mugi pretty much stayed in their defined envelopes as did the others.
Old 2010-10-05, 15:32   Link #40
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Favorite characters . . . eh, I'll just go right down the line:

Yui - Yui gets loads of development in Season Two. If Season One weren't such moe-bait, she'd have gotten loads of character development in Season One too. In S1, she's a clueless slacker who doesn't know what she wants to do. She gets by because her sister (apparently) got all the common sense, and she has +5 cramming skills. In the S1 OVA, we find she's also both fearless, and didn't make charisma her dump-stat. In S2, her idiot-savant personality shifts towards "brilliant, but lazy." She knows she's loafing and relying on her charisma, and careful expectation management through eccentricity, to get by. And yet, both Episode 20 songs were penned by her. She has a sense of showmanship unparalleled by anyone else in the band. She knows what she's doing around the house. She succeeds in getting into the sort of school Mugi and Mio can get into. Most of all, she's often the driving force behind HTT.

Ritsu - Ritsu gets character development in S2 as well. In spite of her genki personality, she's the one who is most aware of what HTT really is. She's the one wondering whether they'd ever be good enough to take the stage at a summer rock festival. She's the one who feels insecure about her image. She's the one who drags Mio everywhere (regardless of Mio's suitability for dealing with the situation at hand) because she doesn't want to go it alone. Ritsu just wants to have fun while she can, before the end of school and the start of "real life." Sure she dragged Mio into the music club, but the club presidency is just a title, a means to an end. And that end is "How much fun can Ritsu cram into her high school experience?" The paperwork is perpetually neglected because she'd rather be playing the drums, or having Mugi's tea and cake, or hanging out with Mio, or serving as Yui's straight-man and comic foil.

Mio - Mio gets virtually no character development whatsoever in S2. She's still a moe-blob who is terrified of her own shadow, has zero self-confidence, and is dragged into things against her will so often by her polar-opposite best friend, that she often feels the need to act out in violence. Why did she get no character development? Either because KyoAni decided to be conservative and not change anything that might offend her rabid otaku fanbase. Or they were fed up by the fact that Mio got a rabid otaku fanbase and Mio's complete stasis is a result of a "Take that!" against the rabid otaku fanbase. Which is a shame, because so much could've been done with Mio as a character.

Mugi - She goes from someone who sees the world in shades of yuri to someone who obsesses over what ordinary people do with their lives. Mugi is a tragic, tragic character dealing with what is clearly a crippling lack of emotional / social contact and development as a child. Her notion of how those on the other side of the rich/poor gap behave seems to be derived entirely from comic books and sitcoms. She feels envy at the modestly dysfunctional relationship Mio and Ritsu share. She never grew past the childhood teatime with Mister Bunny and Mister Bear . . . jumping at the chance of making it teatime with real people. In short, she's the one most likely to grow up to be an axe murderer. When you think about it, Mugi's kinda creepy. Don't think too much on it, just have some more tea and cake . . . it'll make it all better.

Azusa - She comes from a family of musicians. She has a Fender Mustang, but by the gods, she's earned it. Her One Sane Man role was played for laughs in S1. In S2, we find that her suave, ultra-mature facade is just that. At heart, she secretly loves the things her clubmates do. She's the one who begs her friends not to go, not to graduate. Yet, at the same time, she has her own friends and her own interests, and she ultimately parleys them into a continuation of the club. She also may, or may not, be a closet lesbian. The world will never know.

Ui - In S1, she was the tireless epitome of jealous siscon. In S2, she's Azusa's friend. Regarding her sister: On one hand, she seems to give Yui less credit than she deserves. On the other, she enables her sister's bad behavior. She's still the tireless epitome of siscon.

Jun - Nameless redshirt in S1. Named redshirt recurring minor character for S2, whose purpose is to be a foil for Azusa's character development and exclaim about how jealous she is of Azusa and the rest of Hokago Tea Time.

Offdensen Nodoka - In a universe where HTT actually continues after school, she's the one most likely to end up as their manager and mastermind their conquest of the world in an apocalypse of moe. She's the one who knows what Yui is capable of, and she's never one to pull punches when she talks to Yui and the other girls. She's the putative mastermind behind the HTT fan solidarity stunt in Episode 20.

Subway Molester Man Sawako - She constantly battled with her friend Norimi to see who was the best guitarist back in the day. Her incarnation of the LMC had them taking on Anglo names and shredding like Eddie Van Halen. She has a habit of taking things waaaay too far.

Other assorted redshirts - They have names? Oh yeah, they have names. And unique appearances and voice actresses.

So who am I voting for? Yui and Ritsu.