AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-12-26, 00:06   Link #5541
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Okay, so let me get this straight. It continues from the last chapter, when out of nowhere Ginka appears. That's interesting in itself, but just then Machina appears as well. Wounded at that. Asking for help..

What?

Okay, I did predict that Machina would be wounded at some point, although I didn't imagine it would happen this way. Ginka wipes the floor with an already weakened Machi quite easily, possibly jumping to the conclusion that he's an enemy, after which Sakuya proceeds to bribe him with delicious hamburgers. She's quite successful at that, and Machi happily complies(no, there's no Saku x Machi flag here, don't be silly!).

After they get info from Machi (assuming he was bribed for that), Hayate and Isumi are already in Athena's mansion. And... Isumi gets lost.....

While Hayate gets assaulted by a Minotaur...

Hata, I'm having trouble processing this. What's this now? Comedy? Well, can't say that I don't like it, but while it's okay to a certain degree, I'd prefer if this chapter kept it's serious demeanor, like the previous one.

Well, continuing on...

Hayate fights the Minotaur, while Isumi finds Athena. It's as we predicted, sort of..

While Hayate isn't fighting Machina, he is stalled by an opponent, so Isumi may easily face Athena, and...?

Lose?

There wasn't even a battle scene. Hayate finds her captured by Midas' giant skeleton hand already when he arrives there, after beating the Minotaur (easily at that). I guess she got caught off guard?

Athena then challenges Hayate to a sword duel, similar to the one they had in the EoTW arc, though it's Midas that's in control now. Unlike when they fought as children, there won't be a tie this time. Midas will show no mercy towards Hayate, but it's still apparent that he's oblivious to the fact that the gem is broken! That might really be the trump card, but then again, Isumi is his hostage...

He might use her to bargain with Hayate after he learns about the fate of the gem, and his control over Athena starts to wane. But how and for what?

I'd like to say that it's certain victory for Hayate, but as things have been progressing, with one surprise after another, and many too different twists that I didn't even consider, well... anything goes at this point.

But, well, they WILL return to Japan. That is certain. So nobody will die, and Hayate will return back happy, or sort of happy at least. I hope Hata will conclude this in a proper manner, as well as set the stage for the next important arc. Perhaps we'll get a "break" after this arc? It would be nice to see more of Athena's development, and interaction with the other characters before they move on to the second serious arc, which will probably include Himegami, and Mikado.

Anyway, I'd also like to point at the clock in one of the spoiler pictures. Doesn't it look awfully like the one from the RG? Did Midas try to recreate a replica, or is it just for decoration with no deeper meaning?

Overall this chapter feels sort of rushed. Too many things were thrown into the mix. We might get a conclusion to this arc faster this way, though.

Thoughts?
Old 2009-12-26, 05:03   Link #5542
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Well Brah I wouldn't really generalize the chapter as entirely comical, or whatever you perceived. Judging from the picture spoilers, yes it looked silly (contrast to serious stuff from ch253) but I wouldn't really believe that its just a silly chapter, without text spoilers anyway.

Who knows, Machina may well be laughing at the pictures, but they might be talking very seriously when the text spoilers arrive (new style of story progression I guess. . )

Minotaurs? . .
. .

Now where did you get that? I can't imagine Hayate fighting off a 10 feet monster like that. . Maybe Machina could fight that and transform into the snake and turn into a beast war! Or Godzilla style of fighting btw.

EDIT:

Just saw the spoiler pics..

Nevermind what I just said, hmmm. Ummm, what can I say. . Finally?
Old 2009-12-26, 08:39   Link #5543
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

The Minotaur almost makes sense...I know that it was kept by a king of Minos but I don't recall if that was also Midas' kingdom in mythology. Either way it is a decent mythological reference and probably a good excuse to show that our favorite butler (no, not Himuro) is back in action at last.

I'd like to see how these new events play out. For one, I have to wonder if Hayate could fight Athena seriously after all he is doing all of this to save her, not to fight her and risk hurting her. Still, if Isumi is in danger then he's probably going to do something awesome...like break out his Mortal Blow and save Isumi with the speed of wind and take out Midas' hand in one shot before they can blink or something.

Naturally the damn gem has to come into play sometime and I suppose I would like to see him fight Athena. Well I guess I just have to wait until January now.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 22:26   Link #5544
leoblack9

*Sees Hayate pawn a 8-10 foot monster*
. .

Is this me or does Hayate decide for himself whether to lose or not? Maybe he occasionally loses to show Nagi that it's a challenge to overcome (ala-RPG) and make her motivated to cheer him on. .

Nah, its just wierd.
Old 2009-12-27, 00:33   Link #5545
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

???????
eh?
So what's up now?
Either Athena or Hayate Win,
Vote for him if you want this arc to end!!!!!!!!!!
ARGHHHHHH,
Just kill her man,
i can't take this arc anymore!!!!!!!
Anyway, Minotaur is easily pawned,
What is this, Age Of Mythology?
Old 2009-12-27, 09:02   Link #5546
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Hi everyone,
First post in this forum.
Well, I bet some of you guys recognized me in Mangafox forum.
Anyway, speaking of what happen, this will be an epic battle between Athena(Midas) and Hayate.

@Wolf
Age Of Mythology huh?
What did you think about that?
Beside fighting with mythical creatures like a minotaur, was it because of the battle between Athena vs Hayate is also related to the Age Of Mythology?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 10:05   Link #5547
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Xero8420, welcome to the VOID... VOID... VOID... VOID... VOID... VOID... VOID... wow.. echo..

Oh, I remember AoM. Quite a fun game, but 2002, eh? Ouch... that's a long time ago...

I think it had a lot to do with Greece, did it not? It certainly had many mythological creatures, and there were gods as well.

Per any chance, was there Midas involved in the game as well, or at least mentioned? That would be somewhat interesting to know. Perhaps I should replay it one of these days.. haha..

Well, anyway, I'll bring some of the MangaFox conversation over here, and I'll start by posing a few questions for anyone that's interested in predicting the outcome...

1. In the spoilers of the latest chapter the strange clock that we've seen in the RG is visible, and the room itself looks a lot like the RG like some said. Is Midas trying to recreate it? What could he possibly accomplish by doing that? His goal is to return there. What could he possibly gain by creating a copy? Nostalgia? Haha...

2. Did Ginka really beat Machina by herself? That's impressive, considering that Isumi couldn't beat him with one of her strongest spells, and she is regarded as the strongest in the family. Perhaps Machina's powers only nullify magical attacks, and since Ginka uses physical attacks (mostly chains), she beat him? He looked quite tame and cooperative after he was tied to the tree. True, the hamburgers played their role, but wouldn't he soil his pride, his gratefulness towards Athena, and perhaps even some deeper feelings by accepting Sakuya's bribe?

At first I thought that he was beaten up by Athena or Midas, but it's still unknown how much he actually knows about the situation, since he looks pretty dense and ignorant most of the time. If he willingly helped Midas by protecting him against the dragon spell cast by Isumi in one of the past chapters, then I'd assume that Midas has no reason of hurting him, and Athena has been seen to interact with him quite... "normally".. well, for her norms...

Guess it was Ginka that did him in, eh? But she lost against Hayate that time.. or was it only because she ran out of power before she concluded her attack? Hmmm... she might be more powerful than I thought.

It would make sense, though, if he came to see them asking for help? Or perhaps to get the gem from Hayate himself before Midas and Athena merge, and it's too late?

3. leo, I don't think that Hayate loses on purpose at times, but the manga is indeed split into a loony part, where all sorts of crazy things happen, and a serious part, where the craziness is cut down by a decent amount...

Anyway, perhaps I'm the only one who considers this chapter to be a bit rushed, since it incorporates the defeat of Machi, Isumi, and the Minotaur, and ends with a classy cliffhanger, foreshowing the upcoming sword duel between Athena and Hayate, though it's probably Midas that's in control now. Though I have to wonder why he gave him the sword, and the opportunity to defend himself?

My bet is on Midas for the first part, and on Hayate on the second part of the duel. I guess it'll be concluded in a quick manner just like this chapter, and that Midas will eventually succumb to Athena's will after the broken gem is revealed before him, or something like that...

Hmm... I wonder what Hata will do. I'm still convinced that Midas will be defeated and possess Aika next, but who knows, eh?

Perhaps Hata took a few tips from Kubo? That would be funny... hahaha..
Old 2009-12-27, 10:11   Link #5548
IndoViking

As long as Kubofication doesn't happen in HnG, i'm fine with whatever curveballs Hata-sensei might throw us.
Old 2009-12-27, 11:36   Link #5549
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
What is this, Age Of Mythology?
Does the name Athena and the title Shield of Aegis ring a bell? From the beginning, everything involve Athena is magical anyway, so it's fine.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 19:35   Link #5550
Wolfnagi

So this is AOM,
use cheats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler for AOM:

So it is magical heh?
never think of it,
thinking about Japanese magic,
no relation at all except Isumi.
hmmmm?
Old 2009-12-29, 05:15   Link #5551
leoblack9

Well there's a 99% chance that Hayate might lose. .

OH did I hear that 1% is the same as 100%? Nevermind.

I don't know if the chapter's rushed or not, but maybe some Jap fans complained to Hata, realizing that it was dragging too long already. Or am I just thinking stuff?

Quote:
Perhaps Hata took a few tips from Kubo? That would be funny... hahaha..
Inb4MachinaExplodes

Nahh, but their both susceptible to constant trolling. . And Midas and Mikado is probably trolling everyone right now. .
Old 2009-12-31, 20:39   Link #5552
Wolfnagi

Anyway guys,
chapter 255 is out on January 13,
so it will take a while,
anyway, Happy New Year 2010
Old 2010-01-07, 03:38   Link #5553
LLHayate-Kun
Butler In Debt

Send a message via MSN to LLHayate-Kun
yo been a while since ive been in here im eagerly anticipating new spoilers of chapter 255 i'll make a countdown lol 3 days australian time well i'll see if i can get awsum pics and sigs on here catcha round guys
LLHayate-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 07:48   Link #5554
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I was so pleased with this chapter, especially once I got to read the translated version. To begin with, we finally see the hope of some conclusion between the Hayate-Athena situation. Second, it had Hayate back in his butler suit and actually kicking some serious ass totally without even trying. And my favorite...they finally broke the fourth wall again, and there was a bit of joking in it. I think we may finally get back to some humor soon, perhaps to go along with some less angsty drama.

We can have all kinds of stories now. Like Machina could be the only male friend Hayate actually has his own age. We already have ship-teasing between Machi and Sakuya, and it was even funny too. I personally can't wait to see the chaos that is Nagi trying to learn more about the 'real' world. Bear in mind that she can't even make a cup of tea by herself, so she is damn lucky that she still has Maria and Haayte.

That reminds me...what do you guys think is going to happen to Klaus? He seems very loyal so he will probably pop in once in a while like he does now and Tama will most likely move with them (if they have to). I just hope they keep going to Hakuou, though it could be fun to see Hayate and Nagi going to Ayumu's normal school. I don't know, but I really hope the next chapter or two ends this on a good note.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 08:22   Link #5555
LLHayate-Kun
Butler In Debt

Send a message via MSN to LLHayate-Kun
lol i knwo wat u mean im a huge voter for machina being a freind to hayate that would be so awsum XD
and machina and sakuya i think thats a gr8 couple IMO XD

cant wait for spoilers bring em on XD
LLHayate-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 23:22   Link #5556
Used Can

Spoiler Pic

Spoiler for Chapter 255:
Old 2010-01-08, 01:11   Link #5557
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler Pic

Spoiler for Chapter 255:
Long time, no see Can! It's good to see you again

Spoiler for chapter 255 - The First Word:
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 02:04   Link #5558
Used Can

I'm back for mor.... I mean, I had no idea you guys had kept up on discussing. Also, I had no idea the raw for 254 had come much earlier. I just read it yesterday, and then I checked the spoilers in the 2ch thread today. Anyway, good to see you as well, mate. Also, this place is a bit too quiet. Haha...

I've got to say I'm a bit surprised by the level of art pulled in the previous chapter. I mean, that Minotaur was very well done. I wouldn't mind if he keeps on adding more nice designs like that one. All the same, I've got to say I found it funny how quickly Hayate defeat the same Minotaur that beat Machina. But, well, he did say once he felt much better whenever he wore his butler outfit. So, I guess that's how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Oh, so those monsters also showed up at that hotel? I don't remember looking that in the spoiler pics, but well, I just skimmed through them.

Anyway, so, basically, their whole convo was about whether Athena wanted to leave the RG 10 years ago, and then ending it with Hayate thanking her for taking care of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
What happened?
Old 2010-01-08, 06:24   Link #5559
leoblack9

Wow you guys suddenly appeared like critters waking up from hibernation outta their holes, I say welcome back to both of ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usud Can

The words Hayate wanted to convey to Athena were: "Thank you for taking care of me."
Quote:
Originally Posted by primulur
I've got pics for all the pages, but won't be posting here and I don't think anyone will.

-Athena uses 'fake' stone which has powers to summon legendary monsters and she summons monsters at the hotel Nagi and others are in.

-Hayate and Athena argues about whether Athena wanted to come out of Royal Garden 10 years ago or not for a bit.

That's all I can say for now.

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2010-01-08, 08:30   Link #5560
Wolfnagi

So if everyone's back then,
this is good,
Cause most of us have migrated to MangaFox forums,
anyway,
for chapter 255,
The monsters comes out like Heartless from KH (Kingdom Heart)
Its a parody!!!!

Tags
comedy, shounen