AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-14, 09:36   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Angel Beats! - Requests for new threads

Since the Angel Beats! forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Angel Beats! thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2010-04-14, 10:25   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So are we going to get seperate threads for the Light Novels and Manga?
Old 2010-04-14, 13:02   Link #3
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Only if you ask nicely.
Old 2010-04-14, 13:04   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Pretty Please?
Old 2010-04-14, 13:05   Link #5
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Well played. I'll have the threads up shortly.
Old 2010-04-14, 13:19   Link #6
Deshwiran

Is it possible to have a character discussion thread for TK? Apart from his blatant awesomeness,he's one of the most original characters in the show and also one of the most voted in the popularity poll so pretty please for this too?
Old 2010-04-14, 16:56   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm afraid that... no can do.
So far, this character was shown only as "exotic" considering his style and speech pattern, nothing past this point.
In a sense, there isn't much pertinent subjects that members can discuss about TK at this point of the series.

This may be the case in the future (such like his background being unfolded for instance), but so far, if a thread were to be created for this character, its purpose would be basically about appreciation for a character looks/style and... that's it.
Unless a character becomes "developed enough", interesting as a subject of discussion, they won't have any individual thread.

However, we may create "general character discussion" threads, encompassing characters within a said group (like SSS, god's side [temp.], etc). We will see to it.
Old 2010-04-17, 21:46   Link #8
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm afraid that... no can do.
So far, this character was shown only as "exotic" considering his style and speech pattern, nothing past this point.
In a sense, there isn't much pertinent subjects that members can discuss about TK at this point of the series.
You could still discuss which drug TK took too much of that finally did him in
Lsd? Cocaine? Heroine? ...
Old 2010-04-18, 14:39   Link #9
Hedd
Random Object

With as much of the threads being almost consumed by it, maybe an Angel Beats Theology thread is needed.
Old 2010-04-18, 14:45   Link #10
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
With as much of the threads being almost consumed by it, maybe an Angel Beats Theology thread is needed.
Wouldn't a "Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers)" thread be standard title for such a thread judging from other sections?

Though I agree we really could use one here with how much of it been going on in the other threads.
MAL
Old 2010-04-24, 05:45   Link #11
Roardel

Character Discussion - Yui-nyan!
Why this thread doesn't exist? She might be the 4th main character next to Otonashi, Yuri and Tenshi.
Old 2010-04-25, 03:23   Link #12
Lukix
. . .

What about Character Discussion - Hinata? He is main protagonist of Angel Beats! Track Zero, after all...
Old 2010-04-27, 22:25   Link #13
Kudryavka

I'd like to request an "Angel Beats - Novel Translation Thread," similar to the one in the Bakemonogatari sub-forum. If you need a chapter to kickstart it, here's Chapter Zero, a prologue of sorts, translated by Sub Smith. http://subsmith.wordpress.com/2010/0...ocket-for-two/
Old 2010-04-28, 10:02   Link #14
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I'd like to request an "Angel Beats - Novel Translation Thread,"
Thread Created.

Now, as far as characters' threads requests go, I don't think a new thread can be opened basing on a single episode. Yui had little screentime in episode 3 and several in episode 4, but we don't know her role yet. Same goes for Hinata and the others. If episode 5 turns out to be focused on a particular character again, being him Matsushita, Takeyama or anyone else aside the 3 main characters, please don't rush asking characters' threads for them.

This is my generic line of thinking. In practical terms, a Yui thread would seem more likely at this point of time, since her role looks unpredictable and different from the others. But I want to see a bit more (at least 1 ep) before deciding.
Old 2010-05-02, 12:02   Link #15
Kudryavka

Would changing
Spoiler for Spoiler for ep 5:
be undoable?
Old 2010-05-02, 12:28   Link #16
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Can we have a thread for "Angel Beats! - Character Discussion - Hinata (novel spoiler)"

In just 10 pages, he probably has more depth than Otanashi up to episode 5.
Old 2010-05-02, 12:35   Link #17
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is no need for novel spoiler mention in the title, though it will be a courtesy to keep the novel "spoilers" within spoilers tags, with proper spoiler tag title.

Anyway, I'm going to create it: surely, even with the anime material alone, I think Hinata is the only "grunt SSS" that has a proper character background and development.
Old 2010-05-02, 12:45   Link #18
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Would changing
Spoiler for Spoiler for ep 5:
be undoable?
I knew this kind of request would have come and already addressed the matter on whether or not the Tenshi thread's title should be changed. You can read the discussion in this page.

In short, change rejected.
Old 2010-05-02, 13:45   Link #19
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I knew this kind of request would have come and already addressed the matter on whether or not the Tenshi thread's title should be changed. You can read the discussion in this page.

In short, change rejected.
Ok, makes sense.
Old 2010-05-07, 14:41   Link #20
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Can you please open a thread about Girls Dead Monsters? Something regarding their music and their musical instruments, it would be awesome, the blue Fender Jazzmaster the guitarist there got is so beautiful.
Closed Thread