AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-24, 22:32   Link #361
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Funny you ask that. I'm still on chapter 12 doing sidequests, but I played a ton of Muzet in my party and linking during the game. I can say this to satisfy your curiosity. Here's some skit and Muzet specific tidbits that sums up how much she transitioned during the first game.

Spoiler for Muzet Tidbits:

So what do you think?
Hmm, mah Franky Jr. Does not know how to react to this news...anyhow, if you pay the debt, I think the prize is having the special onsen scene as your game ending.
Old 2014-08-25, 03:06   Link #362
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Yes, completely repaying off your debt will get your an additional animated cutscene at the end of the game. Other than that, the rewards are really just tomes, rare potions/items, and costumes... most of which are "No Jacket [insert character here]".

The official guide came free with my game... so I mean, if there's any questions, I should be able to answer them.
Old 2014-08-25, 06:20   Link #363
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Yes, completely repaying off your debt will get your an additional animated cutscene at the end of the game. Other than that, the rewards are really just tomes, rare potions/items, and costumes... most of which are "No Jacket [insert character here]".

The official guide came free with my game... so I mean, if there's any questions, I should be able to answer them.
Are any of the elite beasts from the first game? Cause that 2 headed mantis scorpion thing looked awfully familiar.
Old 2014-08-25, 07:20   Link #364
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Are any of the elite beasts from the first game? Cause that 2 headed mantis scorpion thing looked awfully familiar.
I found two unique monsters in the starting zones around the main city, a large scorpion and a pincer-tail beetle-sort of creature.

EDIT:

Sorry, misread, but yeah that second beetle I described was from the first game, or at least the design was similar.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 07:50   Link #365
com_gwp

Quote:
Yea, Xillia 2 has a lot (really a lot) of recycled content, just reshuffled around the game world. The giganto fights are mostly the same, except they fall under the hunting quests now.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 14:59   Link #366
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Yeah, as everyone has said... the Elite Beasts in this game are all recycled from the first game. Ranging from the ones you would encounter on the World Map, to the Devil Arm beasts, to some of the actual bosses you fought during the story.
Old 2014-08-27, 17:53   Link #367
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just got online yesterday on psn and OMFG! I didn't check any dlc on tales of Xillia series only got the day one dlc's and I saw that TX1 had over 50 DLC's and TX2 has over 30 DLC's.

Did some research and found out that that there are anime costumes as well. Oh what the hell character customization is paid for this game? As much as I really like the Teepo accessory not getting any, they should be unlockable.

mini rant /end
Old 2014-08-28, 15:45   Link #368
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, just played Muzét's first chapter, and now, I feel as though, being Ludger, I wanna grab a screwdriver and force that wristband off, I don't care if I die, just so I never have to watch THAT again.
Old 2014-08-30, 10:14   Link #369
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Are the SP bonus worth the grind? So far I've been doing at least the second star but now its getting to me @_@
Old 2014-08-30, 11:09   Link #370
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Are the SP bonus worth the grind? So far I've been doing at least the second star but now its getting to me @_@
Grinds are never worth it, but that's just my way of play. It's not like the game is particularly hard to beat or anything, so why bother?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 11:13   Link #371
GDB

Don't bother grinding anything except MAYBE quests (which I'd call more of a side thing than grinding, since I don't believe they continue to repopulate infinitely... if they do, don't grind them) until like... right before the first ending split. You get better orbs later on to make it easier, plus you'll have a better idea of what you want.

Also, for that first ending split, if you're trying to get all the endings... have a lot of gold. You're possibly going to need to max out Revive Dolls (I think the max is 15 or 20). When I did it, I think I used all but 2.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 18:51   Link #372
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nah nah, I mean the SP bonus you get from killing a certain number of mobs, it was +2 SP for 15 killed, +4 SP for 30, and I assume the last one is +8 SP for 150.
Old 2014-09-04, 05:22   Link #373
Zakoo

I don't think I ever cried so much for a game, Be it normal ending :

Spoiler for super spoil:
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 18:45   Link #374
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So there are multiple endings on this game huh. Hmm...
Old 2014-09-04, 18:50   Link #375
GDB

Yeah, but you don't have to play through multiple times to get them. They're choices that are solely influenced by the choice right before the branch.

My suggestion is (of course, have multiple save files so you don't screw anything up) go Bad End first, since it pops up first. Have a full stock of Revive Dolls, because odds are you'll need them unless you're a freaking monster at the game. Then normal end, then true/good end (forget what it's officially called).
Old 2014-09-04, 20:51   Link #376
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

3 separate files saves. Great gotta grind again with choices, but that's a RPG for you.

Might take a look at a walkthrough with TX2 since I finished the first TX without a walkthrough though I haven't done Jude's point of view on the game.
Old 2014-09-04, 20:55   Link #377
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
3 separate files saves. Great gotta grind again with choices, but that's a RPG for you.
Maybe I didn't type it properly. Basically, you'd run through an ending, then reload, run the next, reload, then run the last. Double check with others on whether you need to save on separate files or if you can save after an ending and reload to right before the choice, as I cannot recall.

But you don't have to run through 3 separate times. And the choices don't really mean anything other than fun dialogue and friendship meters that raise normally anyway (it's just faster).
Old 2014-09-05, 17:13   Link #378
Galaxian

What chapter is the first branch in?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 18:08   Link #379
GDB

I think it's in Chapter 15, but I'm not positive.
Old 2014-09-06, 03:06   Link #380
Zakoo

Indeed it is just after you receive a letter from your brother.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote