AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-17, 15:35   Link #19901
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Quick question: how is Carim addressed and referred to? I've got "Holy Carim" here, but I forget if I put that there as a placeholder or if that's really how she's called.
Well....pretty much everyone called her "Knight Carim" in StrikerS
Old 2008-02-17, 15:43   Link #19902
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
No. Chief has powered armor and nobody complained. The fact is we're all still wary about you, especially after that "Mecha suit that turns a C-rank into an A-rank and spams cartridges to make them fire S-rank spells." That's like taking a Civic engine, NOSing it up to maybe Integra levels, and expecting it to beat a Hemi. And frankly... to be honest, a lot of people were rubbed the wrong way with your rather arrogant entry into OC.
Actually, I did complain. In fact, I still don't like it, but I'm mostly letting it go because he's OFM material, and OFM operates outside normal TSAB rules anyway.

The moment 'mass production' of said armor is even mentioned is when I start kicking the hornet nest again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
And of course, the typical counter for 'why haven't we seen it' would be: Absence of Proof is not Proof of Absence.
What I meant was that the TSAB shows no sign whatsoever that they are using power armor, making it an alien element into the Nanohaverse. It's the same reason why I was so vocal about your flight squadron and mass weapons usage, go down that path to deep and you end up with a story that makes you scrach your head and wonder 'am I reading an army story or something? I thought this was about Nanoha!' the further yuou deviate from canon, the stranger your story gets, untill it gets to the point where nobody even recognises its set in the Nanohaverse.

Quote:
So nobody complains about the armor I presented from pretty much day one until I actually find a picture of what it's supposed to look like?
I believe we already complained about it quite a lot, we were just more concerned at what it did at the time then how it looked.

Quote:
Cannon arguments may be worth taking into account. But this time it's just Keroko having a beef with my choice of Aesthetics. A beef about it turning into massive numbers of mecha when I have already stated that the model is prototype. As in, one of a kind.
The amusing thing is that I was mentioning Power Armors in general. I was already getting increasingly twitchy by several other people anxious to introduce 'frames' and 'armors' yours was simply the last drop.
Old 2008-02-17, 15:51   Link #19903
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
I think that an equally relevant question is: why do you want to include that into the story?

Personally, I don't care what you do for your story. Put in space battles, put in powered armour, put in giant mecha, whatever. I really don't care. What I do care about, however, is that you make it work.

Make it a fanfic. We're already at a disadvantage here, since we want to write a fanfic, but we're using original characters, or canon characters warped into original characters with little in common but the name. If you change even more things, then after a certain point (different for everyone, writer and reader), the question arises: why is this even set in the Nanoha-verse? Why would the average fan of the series want to read the story?

Make it plausible. For every bit of original invention I put into my story, I sit back and consider it from every angle. Why do I want to do this? "Because it's cool" is not a good enough answer. Everything has to have a reason in the story, and the reasons all have to tie together into a coherent whole. Everything gets the same treatment: do I really need that plot device in there for the sake of the story? If I took it out, what happens to the story?

Most of all, though, make it a good story. Even if you have a reason and it fits into the story, maybe it doesn't fit as well as you thought. That's why we're showing our works to each other: to gain feedback. Personally, I'd be ecstatic if someone were to go through my story with a fine-toothed comb and point out every single mistake I made. Because that requires a special kind of dedication which I struggle to achieve.

If you can answer all of those questions, then I have no problems with your motivations. I might have problems with the end results (after all, I have problems with how StrikerS went down), but that's a different matter.

It's sort of like a matter of trust: I, as a reader, trust that you'll be able to dish out a good story even after all my misgivings about it. Don't betray that trust.

(EDIT: This, incidentally, applies in general.)
Thank you, a voice of reason.
Incidently, AS fanfiction, to a certain extent you have to realize that we're writing it because we want to have fun, and that we're mixing and matching things because we like them. Making them fit is the hard part.

Which I am working on as always.
Old 2008-02-17, 15:54   Link #19904
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
We do have modern plate armor. It's just that to have it practical is mass intensive, bulky, and generally impractical to wear because of that weight and bulk making soldiers a sitting duck.
Plus you die faster while running in an EOD suit, which is essentially what modern plate armor is.

Quote:
Spoiler for Power Armor is NOW!:

Only trouble left is portable power for it really.
Slap a magic power system on there and you're good to go.
To be honest, now that I remember, there is powered armor in the Nanoverse, or at least Fanon. The powered armor units used by the Erusian Military and Erusian Resistance during the War of Subjugation. And let's not forget the costs of such things as well - I doubt these units will see mass-production, since the costs are going to be huge. And even if the exoframe works and runs around, putting on the armor increases bulk, making you a bigger target, plus there's no real evidence that armor really helps against magical shots - there's inference that Barrier Jackets provide some protection, and that's a whole other shitstorm I won't get into at 4 am, plus bulking up is not a good idea in CQB; I remember reading that Delta Force, when doing an airliner takedown, doesn't use body armor because the idea is to strike fast and deadly.

Also...HEAT and EFP warheads WILL penetrate plate armor. There is no such thing as a perfect defense, beyond "Don't get hit."

Quote:
So nobody complains about the armor I presented from pretty much day one until I actually find a picture of what it's supposed to look like?
It would appear so. *shrug* It's not my fault this is the only free time I've had. My timing can suck at times. Besides, most of us are willing to let things like powered armor slid, provided reasonable. Kagerou mentioned the Erusian Military using powered armore in the War of Subjugation. To be fair, we were mostly complaining on what it did rather than what it looked like.

Quote:
Don't start that bull argument with me Goose. I've scaled the abilities back already like asked. I've got the project work slated for the big-assed-essay which I'm going to take time on. (Not hammer together in three hours. Which incidently, my use of only FOUR hours was called SLAPPED together.) I scrapped my biggest controversial idea... I'm doing my work.
Regardless of the fact that the abilities were scaled back, regardless of the fact that you're scrapping your controversial idea of weapons stockpiles (which I seem to have missed in the days I was sick), you now have this rep, which is a cause for wariness whenever your name shows up.

The point I was trying to make to you, ATC, is that you were complaining about writing 2000 words. I wrote 3000 words in 3 hours give or take, so it can be done. As for the content, I suppose I am cheating, in that all those words were typed as I sorted out almost 4 months worth of work and worked through plotholes and inconsistencies. You want bull? How about your arguments for a fighter squadron keeping a stockpile of banned weapons? Your arguments were on using magic guns, and then you tried to make that fit to stockpiles of banned weapons. Now that's bull.

One of the issues that I'm raising in my OFM works is that as the years go by it's harder to get spare parts for the OFM's guns simply because the TSAB has been blowing up and destroying every last gun on Erusia (apart from the pistols the Gardai use, which can only fire tranq rounds).

Quote:
Nobody had a beef with the fact that I keep REPEATEDLY mentioning it as powered armor, as an exoskeleton, as something weighing a whole lot with lots of metal. I even posted THIS image early on with nobody showing any real concern. Nobody... Not until I put up a vid that shows it looks like an armored football player robot. Up until this it was concerns about power levels when I was still sketchy on them and working on them.
Chinese New Year. Worst time of the year to put up anything. Plus Kha's crack has been drowning everything lately.

Quote:
Cannon arguments may be worth taking into account. But this time it's just Keroko having a beef with my choice of Aesthetics. A beef about it turning into massive numbers of mecha when I have already stated that the model is prototype. As in, one of a kind.
Which begs the question, again, of why you're having powered armor by the TSAB when this is a MAGICAL GIRL SHOW and the TSAB has barrier jackets which work fine enough, thank you very much. (Surely you remember how bureaucracies love their habits) What's your rationale? What point does this serve? Chief has his armor, yes. It's part of him. So we worked out a backstory for him and his armor. We worked out when and where he can use it. Even found some -wonder of wonders- disadvantages for his armor.

This reminds me, I need to go and tell Kha "Oh hell no, making the Infinity Library a seperate faction with Frames and mecha is NOT what I was talking about when I said they had a seperate charter."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Actually, I did complain. In fact, I still don't like it, but I'm mostly letting it go because he's OFM material, and OFM operates outside normal TSAB rules anyway.
I'd forgotten about that. What I've been doing in the bits of writings still on my hard drive has been to emphasise Master Chief the man, and not his armor.

Quote:
What I meant was that the TSAB shows no sign whatsoever that they are using power armor, making it an alien element into the Nanohaverse. It's the same reason why I was so vocal about your flight squadron and mass weapons usage, go down that path to deep and you end up with a story that makes you scrach your head and wonder 'am I reading an army story or something? I thought this was about Nanoha!' the further yuou deviate from canon, the stranger your story gets, untill it gets to the point where nobody even recognises its set in the Nanohaverse.
TK brought this up to myself and Kegerou while we were still prepping, reminding us that guns notwithstanding, this is the Nanoha universe we're playing in, and we need to follow its rules and make our stuff still fit into the Nanoverse.

*sighs* Now to Sleep 1 hour, wake up and go to work *sighs* Looking forward to another 20 hour day.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-17, 16:12   Link #19905
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
err... i thought we took up beef right from the start, didn't we? everything from general concept to the armaments to terminology...

...let's see, i've read up to the sparring match between the suit and the two aces, and based on that i did let it slide, but if you want to bring in the audience with an argument like "no one complained" then i might as well speak up.

Quote:
No.
Don't start that bull argument with me Goose. I've scaled the abilities back already like asked. I've got the project work slated for the big-assed-essay which I'm going to take time on. (Not hammer together in three hours. Which incidently, my use of only FOUR hours was called SLAPPED together.) I scrapped my biggest controversial idea... I'm doing my work.
well, it's not technically bull, but the argument is rather offensively formed...
And i'm not touching the time factor with a 10 foot pole, everyone writes at a different pace, so hours can't really be used as an adequate measurement unit...

Quote:
Nobody had a beef with the fact that I keep REPEATEDLY mentioning it as powered armor, as an exoskeleton, as something weighing a whole lot with lots of metal. I even posted THIS image early on with nobody showing any real concern. Nobody... Not until I put up a vid that shows it looks like an armored football player robot. Up until this it was concerns about power levels when I was still sketchy on them and working on them.
Well if you really want an answer to that, it's probably because you've shown to be a hard ass when it comes to defending your work, as well as tenacious as hell...
So no one bothered, they probably figured that if you want to make it that badly, then go ahead... It's just the few haxxbusters around that take up beef with you about it... but even they don't have unlimited amounts of energy to throw at your face, so you get it like mail... extremely late.

Quote:
That's because it IS a prototype, keroko is thinking ahead... a prototype that's already at a stage where it can be used in combat to that degree?
You bet it's going into mass production... hence, more than one... i doubt that kerokos argument has any more substance than that, something that will be a problem in the future.

Now, as for wild gooses arguments, i do think that he has it somewhat correct, the entire "C to A who can use S rank spells" was the main point that rubbed everyone the wrong way... and i remember your counter to that "it's not something that's meant to be used continuously" now although correct, i'd like to point out that jumping from A to AA to AA+ to AAA to AAA+ to S is a long friggin jump, and according to manga, fate at AAA said that chrono being AAA+ meant that he was going to beat her without even breaking a sweat. we're talking about some radical differences in power when we're jumping a single friggin rank from AAA to AAA+, which is exactly why someone who's already being forced to A casting something rated S seems insanity, if not downright impossible.

I haven't been following much, but did you implement the modular structure that i proposed? Because without it you've got some serious haxx built into your machine...

...as for how you're viewed, we can point out that you did come in with a crash, threw this idea of yours in our face, then proceeded to pound it in our face until we'd give up resisting the idea. Most people kinda tend to stop trying to force you to see reason, i'll grant that i didn't, instead i thought that most of the glaring problems about the suit had already been solved: you downgraded it a bit and with the modular concept it seemed downright interesting, adding a fun tactical side to engagements in cases where the wrong module was put into use ...

So, shall we get this thing going again for another 4 pages then?

Edit: that's what i get for taking so long to post this... both wild goose and keroko had time to post replies already...
Edit 2: removed an extra "or" from there, no idea how that snuck up on me...
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-02-17, 16:12   Link #19906
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Not that I'm complaining about doing 2000 or 3000 word essays. (I sometimes write POSTS that long on a regular basis) But I remind that I was asked to spend a week on it alone, just to cover an area of backstory HISTORY that wasn't even supposed to be in the forefront of the story itself except as little snippets here and there. Something I like to call a 'useless task'.
Spoiler for I am NOT bowing down to the Terrible Trivium!:

Since then I've found a method to do it without submitting to the Trivium and have it slated.

EDIT:

@SpaceBrotha:
You had a beef not with that it's armor or powered armor, but with the fact that I equipped it with conventional shot and rapid fire shot, a sniper rifle, a rotary cannon, single round missile launcher, and artillery mode all at once to cover multiple aspects of combat.

And I do plan on pulling the artillery mode off it and leaving that as modular. But I'm keeping the standard rifle mode, the rotary cannon (thing's still inaccurate) and making its 'power' mode the Lance Rifle.

I'm also writing in that the AI onboard is constantly rebalancing energy. (Ever play the Xwing series? It handles energy management like an ELS system. Watch this video and watch the display in the X wing Cockpit marked E L S. Or Engines, Lasers, Shields. Especially watch the speed indicator at the bottom of the instrument panel when the ELS is readjusted.)
Essentially, the armor will have to rapidly go from attack, to engine, to defense rapidly. But cannot do all three at once. ELS management makes fights so much more interesting.

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-02-17 at 16:34.
Old 2008-02-17, 17:03   Link #19907
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
I'm actually going to jump in the fray with this one, simply because it seems worthwhile. I'm going to use my G3C Ghost Armor as a foil to ATCs armor, simply because they seem to be complete opposites in function and serve as decent foils to each other.

From what I can gather, ATC's armor (the name escapes me; I'm going to call it Metal Gear for now) is designed to be a heavy-assault and augment armor, essentially turning the user of it into a mobile walking weapons platform . Metal Gear's equipment is designed to be able to pump the unit from a mere C rank to a AAA/S rank with the use of cartridges, along with giving them all sorts of nifty gadgets. In theory, this sounds like a good idea; turning a grunt into a AAA rank? Yes plz. In practice? Totally different.

Let's look at cost, for starters. These things would have to be damn expensive, on par with a Main Battle Tank in the modern time if not more. Like Goose mentioned, it'd be a 30 to 300 syndrome. You could build one Metal Gear armor, or you could build 10 (using an example) Infantry Fighting Vehicles (not that the TSAB has those, I think). Cost does not outweigh utility. I'm sure if they could afford to mass-produce it, they would build legions of Metal Gear suits. But they can't. Maintenance costs alone would be scary.

Now let's observe what it does to the user. You're proposing that you take a C rank mage and turn them into an A rank at the least. Coupled with the Cartridge system, which is proven to strain the user's body, you're bumping them up to an S rank. If Nanoha, an S rank, is worn by using such a huge number of cartridges, I would think a C rank would die from them. I see these things being used in limited, very short, engagements; I would put an hour of operational time at the most. That's to prevent damage to one's Linker Core (well, permanent damage). But some engagements can last even longer, taking days.

Finally, let's just assume that a unit of Metal Gear-equipped ground forces goes haywire or rebels. Now you have a platoon of enhanced super-soldiers running around killing people willy-nilly. And you definitely don't want that.

I'm going to use my Ghost Armor now as a foil.

The Ghost Armor is designed to be a supplemental utility to the mage. To expound, it focuses on stealth while providing the mage with a defense thicker than your standard Barrier Jacket. This is because of the second Device that the Armor emits out of, the Charge Device, which processes and stores the armor. Running semi-dependently on the mage's Linker Core, the armor provides minimal wear and tear on their Core, allowing for extended engagements. The Storage Device that usually comes with it is a rifle-shaped Storage Device that allows for most standard TSAB attacks. Furthermore, the cloaking system, while the heat output it high, provides near-total invisibility, greatly increasing utility of mages when they're tracking their targets.

But like with Metal Gear, there are heavy drawbacks to why you will never see massive production of these things. First off, like Metal Gear, the cost is almost prohibitive. While not as expensive as Metal Gear, dedicated cloaking technology is still in its infancy, and thus costly to maintain. The armor itself, with all the bells and whistles it comes with, is also expensive. Totaling up the costs of everything, I'm going to estimate that it costs about 1/3 of that of Metal Gear. A 3 for 10 ratio, if you will. For one suit of Ghost Armor, you could build 3 IFVs. Not as bad a tradeoff as Metal Gear, but prohibitive enough that there are very few of these in production, and which is why I expressed that only some Enforcers and the OFM use it.

On the user, the wear isn't nearly as bad as Metal Gear. However, the drawback with Ghost Armor is the cloaking tech. The technology is extremely sensitive to user magic, and whilst cloaked a mage is unable to cast any spells, not even flight. This means that you're not going to be sniping a target from 3000 meters while cloaked. You're not binding someone while cloaked, and you're sure as hell not going to be casting anything defensive while cloaked. Though invisible, you're also totally vulnerable. Most people wouldn't like this, though others can see its function and adapt.

Finally, just for kicks, let's pit Emili against Crash. Ghost Armor versus Metal Gear. Emili is AA rank, and Crash is... well, I forgot, sorry. The point is that Metal Gear augments his rank.

If they start at range, then both would have a good fight. Emili is a combat specialist, and she enjoys ranged attacks. It would come down to Emili evading Crash's attacks, since Emili's Ghost Armor can't stand up to the power of Metal Gear's attacks, and Crash just standing there and taking it, because IIRC Metal Gear is really tough.
Old 2008-02-17, 17:17   Link #19908
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

I haven't really named the Armor anything other than Battery Armor.

I have essentially two visions for it.

1: Shock Trooper. Like you mention above, the heavily brute power version for brief engagements. Something for beefing up a spec-ops unit when they go in against a heavily entrenched enemy of some kind. Something to bring the power of the sparse Aces down on the location like a Clap of thunder.
This is the initial design. Crash wears it in my sound cinema.

2: Heavy Combat.
The second version, which Crash will use in the story (Because Cooper adjusted it), is less shock troop, and more heavy assault and movement. It still has firepower, it still has defense power, and it's still more for rapid engagements. But its sustainable compared to the shock trooper image. The idea is to give a mage more staying power in a drawn out fight... so it has more energy management features and efficiency focus rather than pumping up the power. (Example, in the end combat segment, you saw how crash made use of the limitations of the efficiency when he Lanced Nanoha while standing on her barrier.)

I think I'll call the first model the Adrenus (After Adrenaline, something that gives a brief super boost for a short time.)

The second one I don't know. Wait, yes I do. The second mocel terns you into a super athlete... Athlete, Olympics... Olympian Armor.

BAM!

I'm off to work. I'll think about it on my drive.

EDIT: Oh. Crash is B- rank Overall in across the board stats. He ranks a C (Average) in the Magic Power catagory on his own.
Old 2008-02-17, 18:58   Link #19909
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Not that I'm complaining about doing 2000 or 3000 word essays. (I sometimes write POSTS that long on a regular basis) But I remind that I was asked to spend a week on it alone, just to cover an area of backstory HISTORY that wasn't even supposed to be in the forefront of the story itself except as little snippets here and there. Something I like to call a 'useless task'.
Six months ago, the first idea for Erusia involved an oval-shaped planet that placed itself under a time dilation field, advancing rapdily, really really really fast, and taking to the stars and meeting the TSAB head on before being eventually driven back and stalemated wherupon it hit the time dilation field and began rapidly advancing once again. He'd put in about a month of planning and effort into this.

The finished Erusian/Subjugation War articles make no references to this because this idea was dropped.

All in all, the Erusian backstory that was worked out and is part of Alpha Canon was essentially rewritten completely after being junked. It was, in your own words, useless. It hasn't been touched on in writing, save for slight allusions here and there and twitching when the name A. J. Ivanovich comes up. This backstory history is not at the forefront of any of the writings that we're doing. It doesn't come up except here and there. And we did it anyway.

So, in three words: Suck it up. If working out the backstory is good enough for J.R.R. Tolkein, then goddamnit it's good enough for us!

Quote:
You had a beef not with that it's armor or powered armor, but with the fact that I equipped it with conventional shot and rapid fire shot, a sniper rifle, a rotary cannon, single round missile launcher, and artillery mode all at once to cover multiple aspects of combat.
To be honest, I'm actually annoyed at myself for not pointing out the old adage "Jack of all trades, master of none." I prefer a certain degree of specialisation - easier to program and maintain, afterall. Riflemen use the rifle options, support use the long-range weapons, rather than one guy trying to do everything at one time.

Quote:
I'm also writing in that the AI onboard is constantly rebalancing energy. (Ever play the Xwing series? It handles energy management like an ELS system. Watch this video and watch the display in the X wing Cockpit marked E L S. Or Engines, Lasers, Shields. Especially watch the speed indicator at the bottom of the instrument panel when the ELS is readjusted.)
Essentially, the armor will have to rapidly go from attack, to engine, to defense rapidly. But cannot do all three at once. ELS management makes fights so much more interesting.
Now, see, aren't things much more interesting when you carefully think about stuff instead of "zomg this is awesome bow to it!"

Will continue during lunch break; heading off to work.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-17, 19:09   Link #19910
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

To be honest, I'm actually annoyed at myself for not pointing out the old adage "Jack of all trades, master of none." I prefer a certain degree of specialisation - easier to program and maintain, afterall. Riflemen use the rifle options, support use the long-range weapons, rather than one guy trying to do everything at one time.
It also make up more interesting inter-character dynamics. In canon cast, we have the three Aces who excel at their own different fields.

As for the powered suit topic, when they got brought up in fictions they were barely capable of flying, maybe they have jet-packs for brief and long jumps, and that's about it.
(I have Red Eyes SAAs and Heinlein's power suits from Starship Troopers in mind)
Old 2008-02-17, 19:10   Link #19911
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

@Powered Armor discussion:

Keroko has several valid points about deploying too many of them. Canonically, we're seeing none of them, and as much as the girls remind us of mecha, that's about it. The closest I ever got to power armor early in Rebuilt of StrikerS is some troopers masquerading as Thors from Battletech. Masquerading means "he's firing one device in his left hand, he's holding another on his right and what's with that fat tube strapped to his shoulder?"

This is why I think the Power Armor is vital to the type of force Midchilda is, but is never seen in canon:

Midchilda is arguably the most central of the Core Worlds, deep within the Blue Zone, and therefore is strictly civilian territory. Like we don't see tanks patrolling the streets of Manhatten everyday, we don't see the TSAB, which I believe is acting as a police force in the Blue Zone, flying around in bulky armors and scaring the daylights out of tourists. The most we ever see are SWAT teams, and we get that in the Enforcers.

Power armor, due to the protection and power offered, are the magical world's legal weapons of war. Short of invoking Martial Law, you're never gonna see them operating on home soil.

However, here's the catch that should have been invoked in canon: When even the Enforcers and pretty much all ground troops are in trouble, it's time to call in the elite. Granted, Regius has been manipulating the works forcing the transfer of such resources off-planet, and the Brains helped that happen, it is impossible, in fact mind-bogglingly suicidal, to transfer all self-defence assets off-planet without invoking a major political backlash.

"But canon has no parliament/electorial system to speak of!"

And one would expect that kind of system to rule the entire of the Inner Space in peace?

That's another change in Rebuilt so that things would make sense; The government has been changed to having the High Council acting like a Senate to the Lower and Upper Houses of Parliament, allowing adequate representation of all worlds, and that Bills and Acts can be properly debated before enactment. I'm giving the Houses enough power to Veto the High Council's decisions if more that 75% of the MPs agree.

Makes for more sense, more drama, and what I believe would bring out more of Carym as the representative of the Belka Aligned Territories outside of Midchilda.

So at the end of the day, the High Council could only move some gear off-planet, leaving a token force floating in orbit. That would mean a very small handful of Frames amongst the mage-dominant battle group able to respond to the Gadgets' assault on 912.

However, if Chrono had been thinking carefully, he would've noticed that only the Frames stood any chance of resisting more the Gadgets' AMF. With most of his assets missing in action, his arms are pretty much tied until the tide changes. That's I've only 2 Overframes operating for the Navy before 912.

It'll be a political game after that to try and bring the Frames back and even deploy them, but that's a Rebuilt plot. And until then, we're gonna see like 1 official Frame every few chapters.

That's excluding Celestial Being, since they are vigilante and free from bureacracy.

Quote:
You were talking about the Wolkenritter, last I recall Sakura was not one of the Wolkenritter.

I mean, otherwise we already have a perfect archer. Take your pick, Teana, Nanoha, Vice.

Caster would be Hayate, or Reinforce I. Probably Reinforce I.

Berserker might as well be Subaru, heck, she went berserk even better then Vita.

Assasin, best choice would probably be Teana, strangely enough. Stealth spells are genius assasination skills.

Rider... best bet would be Erio or Caro.

Lancer, this one is tricky. Not counting OC's, Zest would seem the best choice in terms of weapons, Nanoha going in second. Personallity wise I'd say Vita.

Saber is Signum. Too many paralels not to.
Wait wait wait...

Spoiler for Long Explanation:
Tesla uses a javelin type device, or am I mistaken...?

*goes off to check*

Quote:
Quick question: how is Carim addressed and referred to? I've got "Holy Carim" here, but I forget if I put that there as a placeholder or if that's really how she's called.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Well....pretty much everyone called her "Knight Carim" in StrikerS
I've seen Paladin Carim, Cardinal Carim...

Last edited by Kha; 2008-02-17 at 19:25.
Old 2008-02-17, 19:38   Link #19912
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Holy crap! Four more pages to the HOLY 10,000!

All stations! Full power!!!!

@ Tears of Northern Wind: my apology for the contents. well, there's always the Special DVD UNCUT version

Time for quick backlog recap.

===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And don't forget AKARED

*runs from CrackBusters*

Quote:
Yes, like that

Waiting for the extras in the DVD version =)

*runs*
Will do.

*runs*

Quote:
And now you're gonna be checkin' out Kamen Rider... bug magnet indeed

*dodges*

All that's left is for Keroko to be left with some Antlions

*runs*

===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
As well as grope her knights anytime she wants...

*runs*
WANT THIS NAO

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Epic finish is...EPIC!!
Actually, there's the epilogue.

=========

Quote:
And after some delays, finally starting off PROFILE TIME

for the second of the Belkarangers, the Honest Heart, and Ebony Justice, Mayura Lee Labatt

Here's Part I: History

Spoiler for Chronicles of the Roaring Fist:

Hurray for Mayura!

Quote:
For some reason I find this chapter wierd, even for my style of writing.

Nonetheless, here's the 2nd Update to Mayura Labatt's profile -

Part II: Personality

Spoiler for length:
So does this mean piss Mayura and die?

===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
Kha I see that you've been hard at work overseas... Don't think I'll forgive you for slacking off just because you miss me.

^_^

Kagerou that was one swell piece of writing! I wish I could write like that!

(How do you guys do that noddy thing?)

And hello everyone... I hope Kha hasn't been too much trouble... What's with this place being called Cadia anyway? And I even see that Kha made an OC called Canoness... What's with all these WH40K madness?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

OMFG HOW ON AZEROTH DID YOU FIND ME HERE?!?!?!?!?!

(runs off screaming incoherently)

Please don't kill me... You'll never get the 160g back if I'm dead.

It's called Cadia because of Outer Cadia. Really long story, as you can tell from the 19k++ posts...

Canoness is Maria from Mai Otome actually. You know, the one who caused everyone to jump at her looks when she transformed? But yeah I got inspired by the Adepta's awesomeness. I know you love them.

(Should I? Should I not? Should I? Should I not? Should I? Should I not? Should I? Should I not?)

Er... Anyway...

PLZ FEEL FREE TO MAKE AN OC HERE!

(I said it! I'm so gonna regret this... )
*cue dramatic music*

Dun! DUN! DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, welcome to the world, Anita. Hope you'll enjoy your stay.

============

Quote:
Not in the mood for too much crack, and there's enough in Signum herself already anyway. Just left with stuffing more crack into her lifestory. :3

LIGHTNING-02
Rebuilt of Signum

Spoiler for space:
Spoiler for space:
Quote:
Spoiler for Offensive:
Hell yes! Lamia Signum Loveless!!!! She is indeed made of and

And credits for including the ever-kickass Koujinsen.

=================

Quote:

I'd rather bring Eldora V here
*cue theme of El Dora V*

Quote:
Yes, more meganekko is good
I concur.

Quote:
Band of Brothers?

Spoiler for *salutes*:
*salutes*

Quote:
Aaaah, there's Kojinsen

Though who's the unlucky Ex-Number?
I've been wondering of that, too.

===========

Quote:
BAND OF CADIA

"I am not a hero, but I served in the company of Nano."

-----------

I've been wondering to make a pseudo-sequel of my 2007 Animax Anime Competition's entry (or at least, something like the Girls-with-Guns trilogy *points to Noir, Madlax & El Cazador de la Bruja*). So my question is: should I follow my tried-and-tested "sniper boy" formula or just go with something entirely new?

Thanks.
Old 2008-02-17, 19:45   Link #19913
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Holy crap! Four more pages to the HOLY 10,000!
20,000 actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
So does this mean piss Mayura and die?
Something like that, though that's true for all the rangers

I guess you haven't seen Mayura's latest entry then? You'll like who I brought in there

Quote:
I've been wondering to make a pseudo-sequel of my 2007 Animax Anime Competition's entry (or at least, something like the Girls-with-Guns trilogy *points to Noir, Madlax & El Cazador de la Bruja*). So my question is: should I follow my tried-and-tested "sniper boy" formula or just go with something entirely new?

Thanks.
Well, if the sniper formula bags you a competition-worthy entry then go for it Even better with meganekko MILF onboard

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-17, 19:50   Link #19914
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Grandis: Just what I wanted to hear! Well, that's that!

Grandis: Since when did you get tasked with protecting even other females that way...?
Arcas: Since I decided that I wasn't an insensitive jerk who gets off on teasing girls...including HIS OWN GIRLFRIEND.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
They come to me.
Well, whatever drugs you're taking to make it happen...

...STOP IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

...Yes, yes I have.

I wasn't referring to YOU in specific...

Quote:
The question is though, why would he think it's USB's ?

Curious curious...
'Cause of the humor.

Quote:
Ever since the "Ascension" Ceremony.

Get it? Ascension?
Ha ha. Yes. VERY funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
That is liable to be shot...

With a GN Mega Launcher preferably...

*runs*
Do you even WHERE & WHO "that" is from?

Quote:
Hey who's afraid? Me? AFRAID?! No tsundere can resist my cha--

*dictionary lands very close*

It's a long running joke of how she acts like Anna from Shaman King, and ever since then she's been hammering me with every tsun immitation.

That was the latest.

But that just why I keep coming back apparently.

<laughs @ inability to deal w/Tsundere>

Kha, I thought we'd already established that the Master Tsundere Handler in this merry little band was ME.

Quote:
So Arcas is not only a sis-con, he's a lolicon as well?

*ducks inside foxhole*

Ehh...not quite. It's more of a D.Gray-Man thing - like how Komui acts when someone says THOSE THREE WORDS...

But no. Arcas is no lolicon - not seriously anyway - if he is, it's more in the vein of Irie from Higurashi - played purely for comedy.

Quote:
As long as she's wearing a ponytail, I'd die happy

*jumps into trench*
That's because you're a moron.

Quote:
Hmm, small backlog, obviously its weekend. Good for me, as I'm enjoying myself immensely with the -now translated- Utawarerumono game (and being seriously amazed at how much Touka and Signum are alike in personallity and apearance).
Wait, seriously? Translated into English? WHERE CAN I FIND THIS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post

Girl POWAH beats any other kind of POWAH

I'll have to debate you on that...the greatest in the world is:

UGUU~ POWAH!!!
Old 2008-02-17, 19:56   Link #19915
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Keroko has several valid points about deploying too many of them. Canonically, we're seeing none of them, and as much as the girls remind us of mecha, that's about it. The closest I ever got to power armor early in Rebuilt of StrikerS is some troopers masquerading as Thors from Battletech. Masquerading means "he's firing one device in his left hand, he's holding another on his right and what's with that fat tube strapped to his shoulder?"

This is why I think the Power Armor is vital to the type of force Midchilda is, but is never seen in canon:

Midchilda is arguably the most central of the Core Worlds, deep within the Blue Zone, and therefore is strictly civilian territory. Like we don't see tanks patrolling the streets of Manhatten everyday, we don't see the TSAB, which I believe is acting as a police force in the Blue Zone, flying around in bulky armors and scaring the daylights out of tourists. The most we ever see are SWAT teams, and we get that in the Enforcers.

Power armor, due to the protection and power offered, are the magical world's legal weapons of war. Short of invoking Martial Law, you're never gonna see them operating on home soil.

However, here's the catch that should have been invoked in canon: When even the Enforcers and pretty much all ground troops are in trouble, it's time to call in the elite. Granted, Regius has been manipulating the works forcing the transfer of such resources off-planet, and the Brains helped that happen, it is impossible, in fact mind-bogglingly suicidal, to transfer all self-defence assets off-planet without invoking a major political backlash.

And one would expect that kind of system to rule the entire of the Inner Space in peace?

That's another change in Rebuilt so that things would make sense; The government has been changed to having the High Council acting like a Senate to the Lower and Upper Houses of Parliament, allowing adequate representation of all worlds, and that Bills and Acts can be properly debated before enactment. I'm giving the Houses enough power to Veto the High Council's decisions if more that 75% of the MPs agree.

Makes for more sense, more drama, and what I believe would bring out more of Carym as the representative of the Belka Aligned Territories outside of Midchilda.

So at the end of the day, the High Council could only move some gear off-planet, leaving a token force floating in orbit. That would mean a very small handful of Frames amongst the mage-dominant battle group able to respond to the Gadgets' assault on 912.

However, if Chrono had been thinking carefully, he would've noticed that only the Frames stood any chance of resisting more the Gadgets' AMF. With most of his assets missing in action, his arms are pretty much tied until the tide changes. That's I've only 2 Overframes operating for the Navy before 912.

It'll be a political game after that to try and bring the Frames back and even deploy them, but that's a Rebuilt plot. And until then, we're gonna see like 1 official Frame every few chapters.

That's excluding Celestial Being, since they are vigilante and free from bureacracy.
*rubs eyes tiredly* Kha, you do realize that I opose power armors as a whole because they make no frikkin sense in the Nanohaverse, right? It's not so much that we don't see them, its just that, to quote Goose, this is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, 'Mobile Soldier' Lyrical Nanoha.

I will allow rare exceptions, such as the Chief, and even the admirals prototype (though he has some explaining to do why an official research facillity is working on that stuff)

But the TSAB itself fielding power armors, frames, whatever you want to call it?

No. Way.

I'm drawing a firm line here, this is a show about magic, a world about magic. To turn this into the next 'battle of the cybernetics' would destroy that world. We wouldn't even recognise it as the Nanoha world anymore. Where's the magic? Where's the seemingly impossible but stylish battle clothing? Gone and replaced with steel plates and wires.

Tell me, and answer this one honestly, is that how you see Nanoha?

Quote:
Wait wait wait...

Spoiler for Long Explanation:
Tesla uses a javelin type device, or am I mistaken...?
Glaive, technically. But it transforms into a javelin to use Sturmzeichen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Arcas: Since I decided that I wasn't an insensitive jerk who gets off on teasing girls...including HIS OWN GIRLFRIEND.
Keroko-chan: *pokes Arcas in the back of his head* No, instead you're an insensitive jerk who does everything he can to avoid us getting boyfriends.
Old 2008-02-17, 20:02   Link #19916
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:

and the closest thing that amounts to having too many of them is for one group/s to have them in reserve/backup/tool of last resort, and for said group to not operate in the civil Blue and Green Zones, leaving the neutral Yellow and hostile Orange and especially dangerous Red zones to said group/s with suits- well as for me, no TSAB in the Orange and Red zones though- a third party takes care of them.

the AX is one such group... even rebuilt does not mention them...

Though the closest i can think to anything powered armor-ish which is even remotely feasible as of now are the Otome-type robes...

Quote:

Or better yet, Revive the Tripartite of TSAB, Parliament (new name for the 'Secretariat')/CA (Civil Authority) and a third party? *ahem*cough*GDI*cough*

though i was thinking of a Constitutional Monarchy instead...

may serve justice to my Royal Character...

One is independent of the other two, but one's decisions can affect all three...

Luckily, the TSAB has chosen wisely so far in rebuilt, not allowing the civil authority to take action...

If things were different and that the civil authority has dealt with it with a 'special rule' - the Cradle would have been taken down at 500 feet terran...

And a very cracky thing entered my mind...

What if the TSAB also has/had this motto as well...

We begin the Armed Intervention of Conflict with Magic...

*runs from Thrones*

Quote:
*goes off to check*

I've seen Paladin Carim, Cardinal Carim...
I brought in the Cardinal...

and also Pope Carim...

*runs from Vatican AX*

====

Yes... I'm not feeling well...

Last edited by Saint X; 2008-02-17 at 20:14.
Old 2008-02-17, 20:24   Link #19917
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
20,000 actually

Quote:
Something like that, though that's true for all the rangers

I guess you haven't seen Mayura's latest entry then? You'll like who I brought in there
There is? Link please.

Quote:
Well, if the sniper formula bags you a competition-worthy entry then go for it Even better with meganekko MILF onboard

*runs*
Meganekko MILF? I like where this is going.

In before Stalker.

*runs*
Old 2008-02-17, 20:27   Link #19918
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
There is? Link please.
Here

Quote:
Meganekko MILF? I like where this is going.

In before Stalker.

*runs*
Yes, you must have Meganekko MILF for GREAT JUSTICE!!!

*headshot >>> Lowe*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-17, 20:28   Link #19919
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Right, Scene VI now. Just a quick info dump, really, has some OFM character development.

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Chapter One, Scene VI:
Old 2008-02-17, 20:38   Link #19920
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Right, Scene VI now. Just a quick info dump, really, has some OFM character development.

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Chapter One, Scene VI:
Aah, so Keroko is safe, though righting a raging infection One of the few times good ole' Nelth is useful

It's sounding more and more like the Swarm every second, next thing you know a Protoss Mothership comes in and...

The question of who Araidne is is intriguing though, and with the ex-Lightnings being the swarm's next target I'm really looking forward to where this goes

Closed Thread