Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-02-26, 22:17   Link #161
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
yes sasuke will dodge susanoo and say HA i knew you would escape, which is why i jutsu is this!
BamBAm
then itachi falls form teh sky going HA i knew you would dodge susanoo, which is why my true final jutsu is TsukiAmaNoo no jutsu
and
well teh repition is virtually endless, now isn't it?
omg this arc is killing me slowly and painfully But at least the removal of the cloak is pretty much the Akatsuki death-sentence trademark
Old 2008-02-26, 22:22   Link #162
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
omg this arc is killing me slowly and painfully But at least the removal of the cloak is pretty much the Akatsuki death-sentence trademark
I can't wait for Konan's death-sentence.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 22:35   Link #163
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I can't wait for Konan's death-sentence.
I don't know, I always thought that Konan looked like Killy from Nihei's Blame!, so her without the cloak is a little...iffy for me . Plus, since she is a woman, there will be only two choices: 1) she kills herself once Pein buys the farm from Naruto; or 2) she becomes like, say, Seijiro from Rurouni Kenshin, and wanders the land. Either way, it is safe to assume that she will never fight another man in the series, and will be reduced to fighting Sakura or, worse yet, Hinata .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 22:38   Link #164
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
I don't know, I always thought that Konan looked like Killy from Nihei's Blame!, so her without the cloak is a little...iffy for me . Plus, since she is a woman, there will be only two choices: 1) she kills herself once Pein buys the farm from Naruto; or 2) she becomes like, say, Seijiro from Rurouni Kenshin, and wanders the land. Either way, it is safe to assume that she will never fight another man in the series, and will be reduced to fighting Sakura or, worse yet, Hinata .
What if she's the *Spy* she did fight pretty crappy against Jiraiya. Either way I always pictured her turning good since she sucks so much that its unbelievable.
Old 2008-02-26, 22:48   Link #165
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
What if she's the *Spy* she did fight pretty crappy against Jiraiya. Either way I always pictured her turning good since she sucks so much that its unbelievable.
LOL, agree. You can't really fear someone that has such a glarring weakness. Her greatest secondary weakness is little kids wielding crayons and finger-paint . She could be the "spy" though, in fact she makes just as much sense as a spy as Zetsu does. Hopefully we will find out
Old 2008-02-26, 23:36   Link #166
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
it is quite simple that Sasuke was given a little bit too much power up, especially compared to naruto who received the same amount of trainning and we have seen nothing but a Shuriken Rasengan.
Naruto improved less than Sakura. Than SAKURA...

Quote:
and will be reduced to fighting Sakura or, worse yet, Hinata .
I fail to see a downside here. Since Konan's going to lose horribly no matter what (she's in Akatsuki AND a woman, she's just plain fucked), she might as well give Hinata a canon victory in the process...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 23:48   Link #167
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
she might as well give Hinata a canon victory in the process...
YAY I'll go get my pom-poms!
Old 2008-02-27, 00:18   Link #168
Ashura3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
Naruto improved less than Sakura. Than SAKURA...
A couple of things I'd like to point out:

1. Sakura was at a much lower starting point in terms of ablity compared to both Sasuke and Naruto. She was also considered to be one of the brightest students in the academy and was noted to have superb chakra control. Thus, it's no surprise that her improvement outshines the rest of Team 7's.

2. When have you seen a real chance for Naruto to showcase his skills in Part 2?
  • He couldn't go all out for a bell test.
  • Deidara was running away, very different from a showcase fight dynamic like Sasuke vs Deidara.
  • Orochimaru is an extremely high level opponent who managed to goad Naruto into going into a tailed state. While this points out Naruto's lack of temper control about an issue that's very dear to him, it doesn't reflect his fighting prowess as a ninja outside of going tail.
  • He was practically running empty both physically and mentally once he confronted Sasuke. Remember that this was after going into a 4 tailed state versus Orochimaru (and arguably nearly killing him).
  • Kakuzu was completely annihilated by Naruto's jutsu. Two controversies about this fight: 1. Kakuzu was dumbed down. How do we know? Perhaps Naruto was simply that fast. It could be argued that Itachi was dumbed down for his Sasuke fight. For all intents and purposes, the author meant to show Naruto defeat Kakuzu quickly and utterly. 2. Naruto would've been hit by Kakuzu during his first attack if he hadn't been saved by Kakashi/Yamato. Well, so what? He would simply gotten back up again. The guy survived having an arm in his chest! It should be noted though that Kakuzu did take a lot of damage before Naruto entered the scene... but this only adds to the fact that we have yet to seen a proper fight between Naruto and a worthy opponent.
Five instances where Naruto could've showcased his fighting abilities but didn't due to plot/Kishi's intentions. Now, I'm not saying that Naruto is some Hokage-level ninja. What I am saying is that we simply don't know how strong he is right now. There's been no good indicator yet in Part 2 to give a conclusive answer.
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 00:49   Link #169

Has it occurred to anyone that this may simply be another body switch technique by Pein? Sasuki kills Itachi to find a dead body and Itachi awakens elsewhere calling Tobi that Sasuke has grown, but is still not ready? At which point Tobi escapes fleetingly frightened of Naruto's scary rise from the pond ending the arc?

Kishi can then say that Sasuke is only as powerful as whatever percent chakra Itachi gave the host body. Sasuke then realizes he may truly need MS to defeat Madara by gaining EMS from Itachi and begins the hunt for Naruto.
AvatarAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 00:56   Link #170
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarAlpha View Post
Has it occurred to anyone that this may simply be another body switch technique by Pein? Sasuki kills Itachi to find a dead body and Itachi awakens elsewhere calling Tobi that Sasuke has grown, but is still not ready? At which point Tobi escapes fleetingly frightened of Naruto's scary rise from the pond ending the arc?

Kishi can then say that Sasuke is only as powerful as whatever percent chakra Itachi gave the host body. Sasuke then realizes he may truly need MS to defeat Madara by gaining EMS from Itachi and begins the hunt for Naruto.
This idea has been discussed, and it has some merit. But it begs the question, if Sasuke can beat a whatever percent clone, what is to stop him from training for a month or two and coming back to defeat the real Itachi? Naruto and Kakashi eaisly defeated a 30% clone, so this clone would have to be at least 80% to 90% Itachi's power. As I said, if that is true, then there is nothing actually stopping Sasuke from currently defeating Itachi. And keeping Itachi alive would be a great disservice to Sasuke and Itachi. Better to die now in a tough fight, than to die miserably like Orochimaru in a bed.

But, if we do not want this to be real, well we can go back to the tried and true response that this is all a genjutsu. Whatever the case, someone is gonna be pissed .
Old 2008-02-27, 01:25   Link #171
chitgoks

i bet this fight wont end now.. when it's about to end, theyll switch it to naruto's fight against tobi, thus delaying the suspense of who actually won...
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 01:37   Link #172
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
i bet this fight wont end now.. when it's about to end, theyll switch it to naruto's fight against tobi, thus delaying the suspense of who actually won...
But they do that anyway just like with Pein Vs Jiraiya etc, besides the spoiler hasn't been officially confirmed as true yet, has it?
Old 2008-02-27, 05:12   Link #173
carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Indeed. Of the three members of team 7 that trained under the 3 sannin, naruto has had the least development by far. However, something tells me that the future has in store a training event for naruto via the elder frogs. Its not enough to simply reveal pain's identity, but like how oro raised sasuke to fight itachi, they will also teach him how to combat pain.

i actually believe that sasuke and itachi are way more stronger than what has been presented to us here, simple because they are fighting their "counter-class". sharingan vs sharingan pretty much cancels out any mid-high lvl genjutsu any1 might throw at them. even tsukiyomi was countered.

so kishi had to resort to ninjutsu and taijutsu.

but the point is that had sasuke faced off with another akatsuki member that is stronger than deidara, im sure our assumptions on his power-up will rise even more.
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 05:34   Link #174
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

[QUOTE=Ryuujin;1425575]Naruto improved less than Sakura. Than SAKURA...

So what! Atleast Jiraiya made sure that Naruto isnt atleast a virgin anymore he gained alot of experienced in those fields.
Sasuke had to deal with men all the time..and Sakura was obviously getting impatient..and made even attempts on Naruto..nuff said..

Hinata still faints..so she didnt made more progress then her own fantasy.
The rest...well atleast Naruto belongs to the grown ups
Old 2008-02-27, 07:53   Link #175
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
I wouldn't mind that actually, though I'd be in suspense all the same. I didn't expect the fight to go on this swiftly personally. Then again, ditto to Pain/Jiraiya battle. I just hope Kishimoto doesn't rush things.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 09:50   Link #176
unameit

Quote:
This idea has been discussed, and it has some merit. But it begs the question, if Sasuke can beat a whatever percent clone, what is to stop him from training for a month or two and coming back to defeat the real Itachi? Naruto and Kakashi eaisly defeated a 30% clone, so this clone would have to be at least 80% to 90% Itachi's power. As I said, if that is true, then there is nothing actually stopping Sasuke from currently defeating Itachi. And keeping Itachi alive would be a great disservice to Sasuke and Itachi. Better to die now in a tough fight, than to die miserably like Orochimaru in a bed.

But, if we do not want this to be real, well we can go back to the tried and true response that this is all a genjutsu. Whatever the case, someone is gonna be pissed .
What makes you say so? If it is indeed a clone than I would like to think the power won't be over than 70%... 100% and 70% still have big gaps about it so based on the fight if Sasuke could only barely defeat itachi then 71% itachi could defeat sasuke... Maybe Tsukuiyomi can be countered because it's not in full power, who knows?

To say Sasuke could go back and training for a month or two then coming back at itachi again and own him easily is a very naive thinking... 1st, just because you training for a month doesn't mean it's a sure thing that you will improve in godly manner, plus no more teacher in sasuke case.. And IF sasuke does improve, what makes you think itachi won't?? If itachi realize that sasuke could defeat 70% itachi then I doubt he will stay quiet 'n do nothing n wait for sasuke to kill him..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 10:50   Link #177
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Don't misunderstand me, I don't challenge your opinion as "wrong" or "bad" I was just curious about the reasons of this opinion and now that I know I merely arg about them. That's what I do.
If you don't want to, we can just stop is all
No, it’s fine after all it’s the point of a forum to share ideas and thoughts about a subject we share interest in. It just seemed like I stepped on your toes or something, a misunderstanding on my part.

1. I don’t recall ever seeing it done by Oro, I was under the impression that it’s a jutsu we have never seen.
2. See # 1
3. Good observation I have never noticed that.
4. Yeah I know almost every jutsu is life hack but I just expected something more to null Ameterasu. Something Flashy maybe.
5. We both agree here
6. I will not deny that my view on the last chapter was influenced by the spoiler. I will add though that when I first read that I had a completely different image in my head. I thought that it would be something cool and that the word “special” was use as a description. I was highly disappointed when I saw the picture.
7. Yes I do. I wanted the battle to be epic and no matter how I try to make it epic in my head I still can’t shake the feeling that Ameterasu was brushed off after all the hype. Had Sasuke used his “that jutsu” to counter Ameterasu to create a stalemate to open this new chapter would have been more satisfying especially since Sasuke described it as just like Ameterasu.

Kishimoto made the bad guys too powerful and it’s resulting in a lot of hard to swallow victories for the good guys.
ILikeSquiReLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 11:07   Link #178
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashura3 View Post
A couple of things I'd like to point out:

1. Sakura was at a much lower starting point in terms of ablity compared to both Sasuke and Naruto. She was also considered to be one of the brightest students in the academy and was noted to have superb chakra control. Thus, it's no surprise that her improvement outshines the rest of Team 7's.

2. When have you seen a real chance for Naruto to showcase his skills in Part 2?
  • He couldn't go all out for a bell test.
  • Deidara was running away, very different from a showcase fight dynamic like Sasuke vs Deidara.
  • Orochimaru is an extremely high level opponent who managed to goad Naruto into going into a tailed state. While this points out Naruto's lack of temper control about an issue that's very dear to him, it doesn't reflect his fighting prowess as a ninja outside of going tail.
  • He was practically running empty both physically and mentally once he confronted Sasuke. Remember that this was after going into a 4 tailed state versus Orochimaru (and arguably nearly killing him).
  • Kakuzu was completely annihilated by Naruto's jutsu. Two controversies about this fight: 1. Kakuzu was dumbed down. How do we know? Perhaps Naruto was simply that fast. It could be argued that Itachi was dumbed down for his Sasuke fight. For all intents and purposes, the author meant to show Naruto defeat Kakuzu quickly and utterly. 2. Naruto would've been hit by Kakuzu during his first attack if he hadn't been saved by Kakashi/Yamato. Well, so what? He would simply gotten back up again. The guy survived having an arm in his chest! It should be noted though that Kakuzu did take a lot of damage before Naruto entered the scene... but this only adds to the fact that we have yet to seen a proper fight between Naruto and a worthy opponent.
Five instances where Naruto could've showcased his fighting abilities but didn't due to plot/Kishi's intentions. Now, I'm not saying that Naruto is some Hokage-level ninja. What I am saying is that we simply don't know how strong he is right now. There's been no good indicator yet in Part 2 to give a conclusive answer.
Why couldnt he "go all out" for the bell test?

Yes. Kakuzu was dumbed down. With all his years and years and years of experince he fell for that simple minded trick? No wonder this fight is so contraversial.
Itachi was dumbed down as well. Sasuke victiry just looked a bit too easy.

I dont think Naruto would have gotten back up after having his heart removed.(which made no sence in it self since Akatsuki need all the jinchuriki alive)
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 11:19   Link #179
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSquiReLz View Post
1. I don’t recall ever seeing it done by Oro, I was under the impression that it’s a jutsu we have never seen.
You are talking about the Special Kawarami, right?

Maybe you are not making the connection of the Jutsu, because it is hard to forget such gross Jutsu, Oro used it more than once against Naruto, is the Jutsu were Oro got out of his mouth,like if he was a Snake shedding skin.
Old 2008-02-27, 11:51   Link #180
unameit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Why couldnt he "go all out" for the bell test?

Yes. Kakuzu was dumbed down. With all his years and years and years of experince he fell for that simple minded trick? No wonder this fight is so contraversial.
Itachi was dumbed down as well. Sasuke victiry just looked a bit too easy.

I dont think Naruto would have gotten back up after having his heart removed.(which made no sence in it self since Akatsuki need all the jinchuriki alive)
'bout that fight, its just like one of those fillers, When naruto always win..in an odd way, i would like to say.. 'Guess that's the special power the main character has..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote