AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-05-02, 20:32   Link #1
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yurumates

OVA based on the 4-koma comic strip by saxsun. Slice-of-life humor reminiscent of Hidamari Sketch but with a drier wit. I found it hilarious. Three girls and a guy living in a boarding house while they go to various cram schools in Tokyo, hoping to get into a college.

Excellent voice work by Momoi Halko, Kuwatani Natsuko, Matsuki Miyu (who is outstanding) and Hino Satoshi. A series of short pieces just like a comic strip, depending largely on the skills of the seiyuu to sell the humor. OPED written and performed by Momoi Halko.

Directed by a complete unknown, Tsukimizato Tomohiro 月見里智弘, for indeprox animation and Takeshobo publishing. Uses a mix of Flash and 2D animation. Not a lot of motion, but the humor and aesthetics work for me. Only one episode, as far as I can tell, released 24 April 2009.

Japanese fans of the comic say this reproduces the feeling of the original very well.

Japanese title: DVD ゆるめいつ

Anime News Network
page
Japanese Wikipedia page
official site

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-02 at 21:21.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 06:08   Link #2
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i wonder if this series has a huge fan base? like u know, the previous 4komas like e.g. azumanga daioh, lucky star, & currently k-on! & so on
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 12:48   Link #3
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Looks rather cute. But no subs.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 02:42   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Looks like Frostii have released a fansub. Look forward to watching this.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 05:52   Link #5
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just saw it.

Funny as hell. That's all you need to know.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 06:26   Link #6
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

4-koma with a GUY in it? So rare, it's shocking.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 08:23   Link #7
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
4-koma with a GUY in it? So rare, it's shocking.
& this is not a h@rem genre?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 12:00   Link #8
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'd just want to say that that's some pretty great voice acting there.

I mean it's a bunch of suprising work actually. You have Kuwatani Natsuko sans her excess Suiseiseki desu-fest voicing Sae and Matsuki Miyu doling out Hidamari's Yoshinoya with a touch of alcoholism in Kumi. I'm not familiar with Yurume's VA so I can't comment much.

Biggest surprise is the voice of lone male, Matsuyoshi, by Satoshi Hino. If you recognize that, yes, that's Yuuji/Saito of Shana/Zero. Specifically, the voice of Yuuji/Saito NOT being Yuuji/Saito. So much for typecasting!
Old 2009-08-15, 12:06   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Biggest surprise is the voice of lone male, Matsuyoshi, by Satoshi Hino. If you recognize that, yes, that's Yuuji/Saito of Shana/Zero. Specifically, the voice of Yuuji/Saito NOT being Yuuji/Saito. So much for typecasting!
He's done a large collection of character that are nothing like Yuuji or Saito though. Have you only heard him voice those two characters or something?
Old 2009-08-15, 12:08   Link #10
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well anyway I am of the opinion that this should be made into a series, also retaining it's original animation style.

I haven't laughed myself to the point of flatulence on a 4-koma adaptation since Lucky Star.
Old 2009-08-15, 12:36   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So you just go and ignore my question?
Old 2009-08-15, 13:20   Link #12
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
I am surprised that the one voice referenced here as "unknown" is my all-time favorite person Haruko Momoi, the Queen of Akihabara. She also sings the OP and ED. I guess that, surprisingly with her definitive moe moe voice, she hasn't really done all that much anime voice work. She concentrates much more on her idoru career.

This really is a pure yonkoma lifted straight from the page, even maintaining the simple drawing.

I didn't get the connection with the cicada. The little cut stories didn't even seem relevant to the surrounding strips.
Old 2009-08-15, 13:26   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
I am surprised that the one voice referenced here as "unknown" is my all-time favorite person Haruko Momoi
Oh believe me, all i needed to know was that Haruko Momoi was voicing a character in this for me to watch it.
Old 2009-08-15, 13:30   Link #14
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

For me, she was both the necessary and the sufficient condition to watch it.
Old 2009-08-15, 14:06   Link #15
Blaat

It took me like 30 minutes to warm up to the show and then it was over. Also Haruko Momoi sounded way too much like Yukari Tamura in this episode.
Old 2009-08-15, 14:19   Link #16
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
After watching this, I've come to the following conclusion. It needs to be a TV series like now. Definitely rather amusing in a laid back way.
Old 2009-08-15, 14:22   Link #17
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
It took me like 30 minutes to warm up to the show and then it was over. Also Haruko Momoi sounded way too much like Yukari Tamura in this episode.
Yeah, she's not a kid anymore. But then Yukarin is pretty moe herself in so many roles. And they did work together as rivals in Nurse Witch Komugichan.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:02   Link #18
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
& this is not a h@rem genre?
Nope, I mean whats so wrong about having a token guy in a slice of life. sure some romantic notes can be played but adding a bit of gender mixing helps for variety.

And lol at Hikari and Yaya living together
Old 2012-04-02, 17:35   Link #19
Midonin
Last Engage

With this show joining the ranks of 3-minute anime (and having a simulcast on Friday), I wonder if it's possible for this thread to be moved to Current Series?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 12:35   Link #20
Midonin
Last Engage

And just got done watching the first episode of 3D @ CR. This is my first exposure to Yurumates, actually. I'd been wanting to check it out, and it looks like it'll be a nice series. Sort of a Hidamari Sketch/Mahoraba type deal. And the opening is really cool, with Maison du Wish Robo and all that. (Not the first exposure I'll have to Halko Momoi today, either.)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote