AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-13, 03:22   Link #341
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So, Sakanaka finally has a first name, eh?

...What is it?
According to Jeffrey's J-E Dict, there's two possibilities. I think she looks like a Yoshimi.

But it will never be mentioned in dialog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Awesome. Good job Kogetsu and ultimatemegax!

I have only one question; anything suspicious about the addresses? I'm not familiar about Japanese locations, so I can't pick out anything that's not supposed to be there. Well, 16 and 18 live in the same place, but I'm not sure if that accounts for suspicious...
16 and 18 are two different addresses. According to Google Language Tools:
Quote:
16.光陽園西山町1-56 16. Nishiyama Park Koyo-cho 1-56
18.光陽園東山町3-18 18. 3-18 Koyo-cho, Higashiyama Zoo
Apparently that one characer makes a sizable difference. Now 16 and 23 do look like they're on the same street (can't tell for sure with the finger in the way, but only the numbers appear to be different), but if you know who 16 is, it's not a surprise to see multiple students from that place.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-02-13 at 04:31.
Old 2010-02-13, 12:23   Link #342
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
16 and 18 are two different addresses.

Apparently that one characer makes a sizable difference. Now 16 and 23 do look like they're on the same street (can't tell for sure with the finger in the way, but only the numbers appear to be different), but if you know who 16 is, it's not a surprise to see multiple students from that place.
Oh darn, I didn't notice the difference in 'West' and 'East'. 16 is blanked out so I can only hazard, but judging from what you said,

Spoiler for 16:
Old 2010-02-13, 13:49   Link #343
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Oh darn, I didn't notice the difference in 'West' and 'East'. 16 is blanked out so I can only hazard, but judging from what you said,

Spoiler for 16:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-02-15, 21:29   Link #344
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Since CrowKenobi has helped me out so much, I sped up my work on these two pictures instead of working on Wednesday's character post. They were included in the pamphlet sold at the Disappearance movie for 1000yen. I thought since last week I posted an illustration of the classroom members, this week will be for the anime. I copied over the same numbers as last time, so the chart will also appear in this post.
Chart:

Boys:

Girls:

If you're going to speculate about naming order, it won't work as Taniguchi doesn't appear on the chart, and he'd be between 13 and 14 from the chart. I was about to try, but that derailed a theory of mine.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-02-15, 21:51   Link #345
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Since CrowKenobi has helped me out so much, I sped up my work on these two pictures instead of working on Wednesday's character post. They were included in the pamphlet sold at the Disappearance movie for 1000yen. I thought since last week I posted an illustration of the classroom members, this week will be for the anime. I copied over the same numbers as last time, so the chart will also appear in this post.

...snip...

If you're going to speculate about naming order, it won't work as Taniguchi doesn't appear on the chart, and he'd be between 13 and 14 from the chart. I was about to try, but that derailed a theory of mine.
Wow, that is pretty awesome to see. I love that they stuck the three friends from handicraft club together in the girls' line-up, though the friends don't seem to have been group for the boys' line-up quite so much.

Thanks so very much for posting those! My next thing is to copy the names/descriptions from the seating chart to the line-ups, so that I don't have to keep flipping back and forth.
Old 2010-02-15, 22:18   Link #346
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I've been waiting for those images to eventually surface.

Goto looks awesome in the bottom row. Really can't say much else about the guys.

As for the girls... I knew Naruzaki was pretty small, but she's practically pocket-size.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2010-02-16, 13:01   Link #347
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

You know, it's things like this that make me all the more impressed with KyoAni. Look at the amount of detail they put into creating each individual classmate. Some of them even look so finished that they could probably star in their own anime series!

Next Up: 'The Classmates of Suzumiya Haruhi'
Old 2010-02-18, 20:20   Link #348
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...Naruzaki is REALLY short.
Old 2010-02-18, 20:44   Link #349
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

At one point, I was planning on utilizing these, the official height chart and a few screenshots to determine the approximate heights of the classmates, but I ran into the slight problem that it wasn't drawn to-scale... oh well.

There is one more amusing tidbit I'd like to point out: Suzuki(#21) oddly lacks the shorts she wears under her skirt in the bottom row. Anyone have any idea why she'd be wearing them in the classroom but not when walking outside?

*e* Also, Onoki has an awesome scarf.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2010-02-18, 21:26   Link #350
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Sakanaka seems a bit taller than all the other girls..
Old 2010-02-18, 22:40   Link #351
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Sakanaka seems a bit taller than all the other girls..
Nothing wrong with that. Tall girls tend to be made fun of in high school, but they also tend to turn into statuesque supermodels.
Old 2010-02-19, 01:02   Link #352
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

If anyone makes fun of Sakanaka I'm sicking her dog on them >:]
Old 2010-02-19, 09:42   Link #353
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Alternately, she only seems tall because she's next to Naruzaki. If she were between Takato and Suzuki, she wouldn't seem as tall.
Old 2010-02-19, 12:38   Link #354
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Holy smokes I just realized Toyohara looks like gender-bent!Yuki

Also, Naruzaki and Yura look like twins, with differences in height and hairstyles. Another Tsukasa and Kagami, perhaps?
Old 2010-02-19, 16:51   Link #355
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I was thinking that too.
I actually mistook her for Naruzaki
Old 2010-02-19, 17:58   Link #356
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... As much as I hate to admit it, I've made that mistake in the past.
Old 2010-02-21, 23:57   Link #357
OkamiNoKaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Boys:

Girls:

Wow, according to this the cardigans don't have to be school issued ones.
Old 2010-02-22, 01:20   Link #358
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

The ribbon on the girls' uniform isn't exactly required either, apparently. I'm seeing one girl with a tie and two without anything.

*e*
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Kinda related to this thread...
*snip*Source: Comp H's Vol.2
The image in this post from page two also kinda confirms that...

Also, I don't think anyone's ever translated this. Would anyone be willing to try and/or prove me wrong?

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2010-03-06 at 15:45. Reason: removed the image for size purposes
Old 2010-03-06, 07:35   Link #359
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Well, I have some news for this thread. The official guidebook for the Disappearance movie has the images I posted earlier about the winter coats and uniforms, but they are from the character art piece. I'm posting the coats images because they contain something we may find very interesting: full names for all these classmates (sorry no Taniguchi or Kunikida).

And for Kogetsu, they do point out the lack of shorts on Suzuki (far right in the top picture for everyone else).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-03-06, 15:48   Link #360
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Unfortunately... I really can't make out what's said there to figure out everyone else's names.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters