AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-15, 12:02   Link #1061
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
And I'm arguing that this anime has equally cute girls and better fanservice
It's even got a main character that doesn't make me want to punch him in the face everytime he opens his mouth.
haha yeah he irritates the fuck out of me and i wish i could punch him in the face at times. This past episode is like the 1st time he didnt get on my nerves.

Quote:
ichika is so dumb. The dumbest probably male lead I ever see that I don't care anymore what happens to him and his bl love. Good thing charle is saving the show.
for real she is actually, gasps, a well developed character with a good backstory unlike all the other girls. I wouldnt be too upset if the show focused on her now and would go up a notch in my book.
Old 2011-02-15, 12:08   Link #1062
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As interesting the discussion turned out, I must remind you that we are in the "kore wa zombie desu ka" thread, not a "zombie VS IS" or anything close to a season series discussion.
Feel free to make few comparisons if you want, but please do not derail the topic into a thorough comparison with another completely unrelated show.
Old 2011-02-15, 13:14   Link #1063
jzmagic
flargansbog

Big development for Ayumu x Yuu pairing at the end of ep 6.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 13:57   Link #1064
Seihai
スマイリウム

Kyouko became one of my favourite characters in this show.

Do not break my illusion. :3
Old 2011-02-15, 14:32   Link #1065
Stefkov

Bat shit insane Kyouko really is an awesome character. The sudden attitude change when she was about to die I thought was really done well.

I thought this episode was quite good. Things didn't feel like they flowed well but any story progression is good progression.
I wonder if they'll actually animate and put in Ayumu's slaughtering of Kyouko in the DVDs along with the censoring removed, if they remove it (It seems a bit too full on for them to fully remove it though). That'd be awesome if they did although the rating would probably go up.
I love characters like Dai-sensei: extreeeemly powerful and most probably does things seriously yet calm and relaxed. You know for a fact that her re-education wasn't going to be just a stern talking to.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 14:36   Link #1066
Seihai
スマイリウム

Yes. Here is to hope Dai-sensei will be able to retrieve Kyouko and have her mind and body stay as one piece when she gets to re-educate her. I expect quality teamwork between two of the same kind (aka twintails).
Old 2011-02-15, 15:12   Link #1067
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
I wonder if they'll actually animate and put in Ayumu's slaughtering of Kyouko in the DVDs along with the censoring removed, if they remove it (It seems a bit too full on for them to fully remove it though). That'd be awesome if they did although the rating would probably go up.
Talking about de-censoring I do wish they'd remove Kyouko's cape in BDs
Not really interested in the chainsaw-massacre...
Both are highly unlikely to happen, though.
maybe we can hope for some nipples exposure, especially with all this black fog at the end; but I wouldn't be so sure about that.

zombie doesn't come with specials, does it?
Old 2011-02-15, 15:13   Link #1068
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Yes. Here is to hope Dai-sensei will be able to retrieve Kyouko and have her mind and body stay as one piece when she gets to re-educate her. I expect quality teamwork between two of the same kind (aka twintails).
I doubt she'll be able to retrieve Kyoko anytime soon. That king of the night guy doesn't seem like he's easy to find.

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet: was anyone else surprised to learn there are millions of magiclad girls? I expected them to be a rather small faction. Something in the hundreds, maybe thousands, but not millions.
Old 2011-02-15, 16:01   Link #1069
Seihai
スマイリウム

I know but hope dies last. Oh well.

That was surprising but what I found even more surprising is the fact that Dai-sensei seems to be in charge for them. 1 person for millions students, wha? I guess they lack people who might be able to reach or have potential as great as Dai-sensei's? Or maybe there are other teachers but those also have millions of students? And to imagine... they're all girls? Heaven anyone?XD (except there's also a ton of Ayumu~ish Masou Shoujos)
Old 2011-02-15, 16:41   Link #1070
NightGale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I know but hope dies last. Oh well.

That was surprising but what I found even more surprising is the fact that Dai-sensei seems to be in charge for them. 1 person for millions students, wha? I guess they lack people who might be able to reach or have potential as great as Dai-sensei's? Or maybe there are other teachers but those also have millions of students? And to imagine... they're all girls? Heaven anyone?XD (except there's also a ton of Ayumu~ish Masou Shoujos)
Well maybe they live in a world that overflows with magic power and most of the people born there are forced to join masou shoujo academy (something like compulsory military training to keep them in check)...i´m making a huge generalization here since:
a. we don´t truly know if there are males or not in that world, there´s been no mention of them and for all we know they may either be slaves or the masou shoujos reproduce through some magicesque of bioengineering...
b. Well without being too spoilerish i read in the novel forum that the current position of Daisensei is kind of like a punishment, so the outrageous task of monitoring whoknowshowmany masou shoujos, should be expected(or part of it...wasn´t sure how to phrase that).
NightGale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 18:02   Link #1071
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 18:43   Link #1072
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt she'll be able to retrieve Kyoko anytime soon. That king of the night guy doesn't seem like he's easy to find.

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet: was anyone else surprised to learn there are millions of magiclad girls? I expected them to be a rather small faction. Something in the hundreds, maybe thousands, but not millions.
Yeah, I also has the same thought as you, thousands at most but I didn't really expecting millions. And only one person, Dai-sensei to manage them...Are they really that short on manpower? I'd imagine the training session will be like this:

Dai-sensei: Okay, all of you here has passed the rigorous tests and proved worthy to become a Masou Shoujo. And now, the secret behind being a Masou Shoujo is....Nomobuyo, Oshi, Hashitawa, Dokeda, Gunmicha, De, Ribura! Yup, that's all it takes to become one, the rest is self-study by experimenting your magic against Megalos! Oh, and Student #ID 191091 Haruna, can you try and find me some Kyoutofu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Big development for Ayumu x Yuu pairing at the end of ep 6.
Yup, if Ayumu is denied his harem end I definitely liked Yuu the best of his harem so far. I mean, he literally can't live without her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She can use it on plants, and in fact she did it in this episode (albeit unwittingly in this particular case). When she uttered the word "die", the tree behind Kyoko died. I think the land became barren as well but it's hard to tell since there wasn't much grass on the ground to begin with. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure Yuu's power can affect all living things.

It's obviously no masterpiece, but it's above average, at least among the anime I'm watching this season. And way above average when compared to anime of the same genre. It's got a little je-ne-sais-quoi that makes it stand out from the crowd for me.
Oh okay, thanks for that, I failed to notice the destroyed tree the first time. I thought the tree was destroyed when Yuu deflects Kyouko's magic, but it seems to be a different one. Really, that mean Yuu is crazy powerful indeed, her upper limits consists of killing with just a word, and her range is literally as vast as her imagination can bring her. Some strategy and creativity, I'm really glad Yuu is in their side...

I agree with you, it's definitely no masterpiece, but despite some flaws in execution this is exactly everything I want in a harem anime, a respectable male lead surrounded by girls that aren't annoying, even with bonus action scenes. Very enjoyable to watch, even on repeated viewings. Sure that may come from the LN, and the flaws are mostly Deen's fault, but even so kudos for DEEN to pick a good source in the first place.

Btw, sorry I'm too lazy to find a dictionary or even open google, but what does je-ne-sais-quoi mean exactly?
Old 2011-02-15, 19:13   Link #1073
kitten320

Was suprised to see Kyouko go insane all of a sudden, I somehow prefered her to be simply evil like in previouse episode. But she tsill was cool. Too bad Yuu got knocked out so easily though it was epis to see her kill Kyoko with words. Hope next time she'll do better.

Looks like Sera is warming up to Ayumu after all.

And we have found the big boss... hope we will see Kyoko again and hopefully in her evil form as last time, not mad one.

And wow at the whole slaughtering scene.
Old 2011-02-15, 19:29   Link #1074
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Btw, sorry I'm too lazy to find a dictionary or even open google, but what does je-ne-sais-quoi mean exactly?
it's what we italians call "quel certo non so che". funny how french people have it similar.
here's english reference: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/je_ne_sais_quoi

anyways,
Spoiler for ep6 - gifs:
Old 2011-02-15, 20:17   Link #1075
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The range of emotion Kyouko showed (and acted) in the episode was excellent, derranged, killing intent, fear of death (especially), etc. It's not like you get that everyday

As for uncensoring her in BD/DVD, I beg to differ, just go watch/read any hentai, quality guro is far rarer these days, so I would like to see her getting the Arc treatment from Tsukihime's opening, as drawn in the manga ... though her lower half crawling to the upper (even covered by her cloak) was a nice treat
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 20:43   Link #1076
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
...quality guro is far rarer these days...
you might like, but I'm not into guro at all... sry.

also, what's up with this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
...just go watch/read any hentai...
and then, it wouldn't be Kyouko anymore...
with that kind of logic it wouldn't make any sense putting specials ala Hyakka Ryouran or IkkiTousen in bd/dvds... they could as well tell you: "Go watch some hentai!"
Old 2011-02-15, 20:50   Link #1077
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
you might like, but I'm not into guro at all... sry.
Me neither, but I like variety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
also, what's up with this?

and then, it wouldn't be Kyouko anymore...
with that kind of logic it wouldn't make any sense putting specials ala Hyakka Ryouran or IkkiTousen in bd/dvds... they could as well tell you: "Go watch some hentai!"
OK, I get the point I guess my imagination runs wilder
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 21:58   Link #1078
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yuu as a catgirl she was just so cute
Old 2011-02-16, 00:30   Link #1079
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Oh my, this episode surely had some unexpected turns

First, Kyouko dies a few times from Eu simply telling her to die. Everything around Kyouko (like the tree) dies as well. Kyouko finally defends herself by popping her eardrums
This somehow reminded me of the fanatic Catholic nuns in Index II, who had popped her ear drums to not be affected by Index "Shoal Fear" spell anymore.

Then after even 500% got no effect, Kyouko put all her remaining magic in a single blast, which actually manages to knock out Eu
I bet that cost Kyouko at least a life, or two. Her having used up most of her energy in that blast was also why Ayumu could shatter her sword, transforming her back. Her talk then demoralised her to a good amount, but not quite enough, so Ayumu showed her that he really means it by cutting away her remaining surplus lives. When she only has one left and thinks he'll kill her, she swoons.

Next Instructor Dai appears, who seems to be really powerful - after all she's not an instructor for nothing. She wants to pick up Kyouko and wonders what went wrong with her, sounding quite surprised. It seems that Kyouko was a very nice girl before.
I also can understand Instructor Dai. Having thousands or even millions of students, she really can't be there for everyone all the time, so ugly things can still happen. She's only one person and can't split herself in half.
Kyouko then however turns out to be possessed by the "Lord of Night" and disappears

Back at Ayumu's home, things are back to "normal". Eu explains Ayumu that the "Lord of Night" was a zombie she created. When he turned evil, Eu killed him.
However, it seems he wasn't totally obliterated. Probably only his body was destroyed, and his spirit escaped somehow. Having recovered a bit, the spirit then possessed Kyouko so he has a body again. Perhaps Kyouko wanted more power to be able to be better than Haruna, so she could get some praise for a change. The spirit then tricked her into trusting him, and then possessed her.
This was it what went wrong with Kyouko, and why she went on a mass-murdering spree.
Old 2011-02-16, 00:33   Link #1080
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

popping eardrums and punching girls in the face seems like a trend as of late.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen