AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-20, 01:35   Link #601
tera_ha

Gintama is the best. sket dance is pretty funny but not even close to gintama awesomeness
Old 2011-09-20, 02:24   Link #602
xip
future tekken lord

It's finally over, I didn't like these last 2 episodes. Gintama has really spoiled me with its high quality jokes.
xip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 05:45   Link #603
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
hmmmm.....
I always wonder if Gin-chan is the strongest in the most law-less town Kabuki-chou~

why isn't his name well known?
His name is pretty well known, if you remember back in the Kabuki fight, he's helped a lot of people in these 226 episodes. It's always more fun to watch Gin mess with clueless people though, priceless reactions are priceless.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 05:46   Link #604
EroKing

Episode 227

That was a pretty fun crossover. Ending was lolworthy.
Himeko's voice actress was Jugem Jugem Shit-Tossing the Life of Shin-chan`s Two-Day-Old Underwear Balmung Fezalion Issac Schneider 1/3 True Love 2/3 Hangnail Anxiety Betrayal Knows My Name Or Does It Really Ignore Calls Squid Dogfish Halibut Trout-Cod Dogfish This is a Different Dogfish, I`m Talking About The Dogfish Shark Yuuteimiyaoukimokou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe All`s Well that Ends Well Runny Diarrhea

Switch sure has a great taste in manga
Old 2011-09-26, 07:21   Link #605
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The anime made the initial crossover even better. Those bastards even took advantage of the fact the Gintama episode aired first to steal Sket Dance's joke about the voice actors. They even revealed they cast Shiraishi Ryoko as Jugem all those weeks ago specifically for that; that's some planning

The concept of a devil fruit that turns only your crotch into a hammer as a side-effect and Gintama schooling the Sket Dance kids about the danger of the Gintama world for one's crotch was hilarous. The dirtiness of the jokes is part what makes Gintama so much better.
Old 2011-09-26, 08:51   Link #606
Gooral
Banned

Great episode with lots of hilarious dialogues.

Kagura: "For a person with a hockey stick as a weapon, if you have a hammer down there, isn't it easier to club your enemies to death?"
and shortly after: "Don't worry, Bossun will still take you even if you grow a hammer".

Gintoki: "Oi, bitches, cut it out. Don't think you can come and go as you please in this world. This aint's school anymore. This is a world where a drill can come flying outta nowhere and destroy your balls. We call that Friday."

Shinpachi saying with a straight face that the hammer is upside down was also hilarious. And I loved a scene where Gintoki called Himeko a bitch (he actually called her that, which is so Gintama-like) :]. Abazure-Himeko .

BTW, here's a Sket Dance vs. Gintama "game".
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 10:21   Link #607
larethian

It'd be a pity for those who don't watch both series since some jokes won't come across well.
And Gintama actually revealed a major spoilerific hint about an important plot device in Sket Dance.
GintokiSugita talking to SwitchTomokazu lol
Himeko need to throw tsukkomi on both sides lol
I personally prefer clean jokes since it's easier to crack dirty jokes (imo). Notwithstanding, I still enjoy Gintama.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 11:05   Link #608
Blaat

The seiyuu jokes were the best part of the episode (I admit I had completely forgotten about the old Takechin)
Also Himeko in a china dress = win; Gintoki cosplaying as Himeko = fail.
Old 2011-09-26, 12:46   Link #609
ookamigirl

Gin vs Sket Dance. I'm still amazed how he manages to insult everyone and gets away with it ROFL
This was interesting since the real Sket Dance actually appeared!! Well, Gin totally snapped at that ^^" The monkey's name is still epic!
Oh man, they even dropped some Toriko references...
Gin vs Bossun was pretty funny ^^ those 2 sure can't stand each other but ended up in the same pinch..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 20:03   Link #610
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Awesome! I didn't expect to see more of Runny Diarrhea in this week's ep.

"In this world, your crotch can grow into a screwdriver, or your balls can get crushed at any time."

My god though, should've seen some random guy coming at the ending needing that devil fruit, but what a ridiculous reason (then again definitely Gintama-like ) to needing your crotch turn into a hammer.

Great epi!
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 05:38   Link #611
xip
future tekken lord

That was some epic crossover episode.

I didn't know Gintoki used to wear goggles. Gintoki tried to copy it from Naruto and this Sketdance kid followed suit. Do they also have their own Elizabeth?
xip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 16:55   Link #612
inisipis

Don't know if I should post it here or on the other, but...

I just watched Sket Dance this week for that Gintama cross-over. Seen 2 episodes of it before and that's it. I must say it was a mark improvement with Gin and the gang along.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 00:29   Link #613
Gooral
Banned

Crossover was weak, the only thing that made it mildly interesting was Yorozuya. Sorachi >> Shinohara. Also character design and animation sucked. And why did Shinpachi have a green snot leaking from his nose?
Old 2011-09-30, 07:39   Link #614
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If -you- wanna do odd jobs, your -crotch- better be ready to do odd jobs! Can't believe someone actually SAID THAT O_O
Do have to admit that the Sket dance crew seemed a bit too straight to have a Gintama crossover...next week's ep should be better, considering we'll have Gin's team wreaking havoc in Sket Dan's school.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 07:42   Link #615
Gooral
Banned

This episode has already aired. It's 26th episode of Sket Dance and I was referring to that in my post above yours.
Old 2011-10-01, 19:42   Link #616
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Sket Dance vs. Gintama cross over was funny and the way this series animated Hime, she looks extra hot

Love the references on Ichigo 100% girls (Nishino and Aya), love this series and glad they aren't forgotten (most beautiful and hot girls).
Old 2011-10-02, 07:36   Link #617
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my god, there was a damn huge future Sket Dance spoiler mentioned in this episode like it was an every day joke. I had to pause while i laughed so damn hard at typical Gintama. We'll come back to it once the Sket Dance anime animates that part.

This crossover was basically a dream come true for me, seeing what a Sket Dance anime would be like if the Gintama team were behind it. Better control of the Sket Dan and their character types. I laughed more here then any episode of Sket Dance, heck it was on par with the humour from the manga. It was nice while it lasted.
Old 2011-10-03, 05:43   Link #618
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 228:
Old 2011-10-03, 05:52   Link #619
pampz21
ShipCore

Love the new OP especially the heroines!!

Spoiler for ...:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 05:53   Link #620
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Love the new OP especially the heroines!!

Spoiler for ...:
She played a very important part in Gintoki's development, heck a lot more then all the other females. I don't see what's wrong with her place in the OP.

Tags
comedy, shounen