AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-29, 13:32   Link #1
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Super Danganronpa 2 [PSP] - Game discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Spoiler for Chapter 5:

Spoiler for Chapter 5:

On another note, official Spoiler Talk Session for SDR2 today!(4gamers report, Famitsu report Some spoiler-ish images warning!). Many despair were created when this spoiler talk show attendance is pretty much decided by random lottery :heh"

Spoiler for Putting this in spoiler box just because this is the sequel:

Hopefully, it's okay to talk about this here, lol, I swear making another thread for SDR2 is troublesome... ;;

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 15:39   Link #2
marvelB

^Sure, talking about the sequel is totally fair game as long as it's in spoiler tags. Besides, we've already got confirmation from oren long ago that he's going to LP the sequel after the first game's finished.

Anyway, I am LOVING that DR2 merch. I really want to import some of that stuff, but that would practically kill my wallet right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Spoiler for Putting this in spoiler box just because this is the sequel:

Spoiler for DR2:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:11   Link #3
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Q, what's the pet for?
Old 2012-09-30, 07:23   Link #4
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Sure, talking about the sequel is totally fair game as long as it's in spoiler tags. Besides, we've already got confirmation from oren long ago that he's going to LP the sequel after the first game's finished.

Anyway, I am LOVING that DR2 merch. I really want to import some of that stuff, but that would practically kill my wallet right now.

Spoiler for DR2:
Spoiler for @Character popularity comment:

There is also one Famitsu report that goes into small details on the Q&A section (I haven't take a look on it, but it seems to be limited thanks to the report swore on not much spoilers XD;; ) and the talk about the concept of Danganronpa-again, very summarized and non-full spoiler-and a lot of the creators comment.

The one info that practically made me go 'what' is the fact that they actually haven't made SDR2 game up to the end of April 2012 and just Q&C (or master up, to say in the development terms) it one week before the release date! And it seems that DR1 was actually on the same situation as well, lol. Cross referencing it with some interviews, I suspect the staffs were focusing on getting the scenario really finalized before going into crashing deadlines www

As for the DR1 character poll...

Spoiler for Poll--very spoilerish, do not open unless you have finished the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Q, what's the pet for?
Getting a lot of Monomedals, some presents and two unique skills.

Aim to get Monokuma (Zetsubou level 8, Kibou Level Max before the pet goes into cocoon) and Usami (Zetsubou Level 0, Kibou level Max, same thing with Monokuma's) since those two are the ones that have the unique skills. Particularly Monokuma's--it's the skill that stops the crosshair from having random movements.

Old 2012-09-30, 07:24   Link #5
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

ic...

Do you need them at the islands?
Old 2012-09-30, 08:10   Link #6
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
ic...

Do you need them at the islands?
Not sure what you meant here, CE If it's about the skill being needed in island exploring or main plot, nope. All of them are used in Class Trials. Pets are purely optional stuff

Old 2012-09-30, 08:16   Link #7
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Not sure what you meant here, CE If it's about the skill being needed in island exploring or main plot, nope. All of them are used in Class Trials. Pets are purely optional stuff
No, I mean are they vital in clearing the first few island stages? As in, are there any Trials which are brutal without them?
Old 2012-09-30, 09:15   Link #8
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
No, I mean are they vital in clearing the first few island stages? As in, are there any Trials which are brutal without them?
Ah, I see. I don't think they are vital enough to warrant a 'finish it soon', both skills are pretty much just there to make Classroom Trial much easier from being a hassle level.

I'll say to pick up Peko's skill (aka complete her KnK) as fast as you can though; the Objection Showdowns can be brutal without her skill. Notice that you will later get a limit in slashing words, and chapter 4... Is pure evil incarnation of Objection Showdowns

Old 2012-12-11, 11:19   Link #9
marvelB

Guess what guys..... The sequel's LP has finally begun!!!

God, no matter how many times I listen to it, I never get tired of Beautiful Ruin.....
Old 2012-12-11, 19:30   Link #10
marvelB

Eh, I'd still rather wait for the patch that has Oren's translation, personally.....

Anyhow, now that we've finally reached DR2, it's discussion time (in spoiler tags, of course ):

Spoiler for prologue:
Old 2012-12-12, 10:32   Link #11
marvelB

WELCOME TO SUPER DANGAN ISLAND!!

Yeeeeep. Things are starting off nicely, indeed.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-12-12 at 10:55.
Old 2012-12-14, 18:09   Link #12
marvelB

And now we switch back to DR2!

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-16, 16:44   Link #13
marvelB

And with this update, my top favorite DR2 character is introduced.

Hell yes for SHSL Chuunibyou Animal Breeder.
Old 2012-12-26, 06:35   Link #14
Nayim

Apparently bad news:

the paywall on something awful’s forums is back up

no more sdr2 for a while then.
Old 2012-12-26, 11:27   Link #15
marvelB

^Sadly yes, I can also confirm the paywall's reappearance. And it's really unfortunate since that last update on Zero really got me hooked. Oh well, let's just cross our fingers and hope the block goes down before the new year....

But on a more positive note, anyone who read the first game's LP to the end can check out the translation for Danganronpa IF in the meantime, as that project was just completed a couple days ago! I must say, it's a very interesting AU take on the first game's story, if I do say so myself.
Old 2013-01-08, 19:11   Link #16
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Wow! Finally they did Super Dangan Ronpa 2!

I hope it'll be up until this weekend. I'll have exams this week so I can't afford to read the forum.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 14:52   Link #17
marvelB

^Well the DR2/Zero LP DID already start like a month ago....

And speaking of, with THIS update, we've finally reached the end of the prologue. And now we can prepare for a new generation of death and despair......

Lastly, as far as Zero goes:

Spoiler for Zero:
Old 2013-01-16, 18:00   Link #18
marvelB

Figure I'd bump this since we're a couple updates into the first chapter now:

Spoiler for 1st chapter:
Old 2013-01-17, 12:56   Link #19
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

SDR2

I just don't like the Hinata. I simply hate his normal attitude. While there are freaks in the group, Hinata's personality is just very unfriendly imo. He's definitely not on par with Naegi who's clearly the nicest and normal guy in the first game. I just can't sympathize with him. He looks like a normal normal guy who normally envies other's talent, always trying to hold down or find fault in others, aka the envy side character type.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 18:20   Link #20
marvelB

^That's actually what I like about Hinata..... his characterization so far makes him almost seem like the polar opposite of Naegi. Whereas Naegi was the optimistic Mr. Goody Two-Shoes who didn't get shaken very easily, Hinata is much more blunt, cynical and doubtful of others (even himself) in comparison. If anything, I find it fitting that he's stuck with a cast that's in some ways even more extreme than the first game's (I mean c'mon, we've got guys like SUPER HOT-BLOODED COACH and DARK HAMSTER OVERLORD for crying out loud! ).