AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-29, 08:05   Link #21
mayumi

hinata proceeds to do kaiten next chapter saying i won't lose and become hokage.

You know sakura could have atleast tossed the juubi like naruto did the rhino, but it is still the same punching stuff. it wasn't that impressive. Iget she wants to be equal to naruto and sasuke but getting saved in the end and acting cocky on top of that was just silly.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 08:06   Link #22
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
this is such an asspull,,, why didnt she use that power in the Pain Arc???
Why is it an asspull? This is exactly what we expected any potential power-up from her to look like: more strength. And why would she have needed to use this during the Pain Arc? She was busy making sure hundreds didn't die from Pain's attack (including Hinata), she didn't have time to go around punching things.

Personally, I would have loved an actual asspull of equal rank and power to anything Sasuke or Naruto are allowed. Something truly over-the-top like actually hitting and staggering the Jyuubi. It would have been stupid as hell, but damn would it have been fun and vindicating. Instead we literally get the same scene Sakura has shown any time she's used her strength.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 08:12   Link #23
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

So right after showing off, Sakura had to be saved again...I can't say I'm surprised as I was expecting that. Well, at least she's slightly more interesting now, until it runs out and she has to be saved again.

It was an alright chapter but it could have been better, although I admit I have mixed feelings about everyone suddenly wanting to become Hokage. Could be worse I suppose, at least Orochimaru didn't suddenly pop up and say he wants to become Hokage too.

It was nice seeing Team 7 fighting together again. Also, Naruto's face after seeing Sakura's true strength was gold whereas Sasuke looked like he kind of expected it. I think Sasuke acknowledges Sakura more than Naruto at this point.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 08:27   Link #24
Battler-kun

So it's all Tsunade, Orochimaru and Jiraiya reloaded.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 08:35   Link #25
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Personally, I would have loved an actual asspull of equal rank and power to anything Sasuke or Naruto are allowed. Something truly over-the-top like actually hitting and staggering the Jyuubi. It would have been stupid as hell, but damn would it have been fun and vindicating. Instead we literally get the same scene Sakura has shown any time she's used her strength.
it sure would have
and based on hashiramas response, we can assume she is strong enough to bust open a susanoo if she ever had to face one, and can also heal multiple people like tsunade did in the pain arc..

im so excited to see team 7 again!!
Old 2013-05-29, 08:41   Link #26
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Seeing how almost all the other characters got their own asspull powerups. It's not that strange Sakura got one as well. At least it's her first. Not like Naruto and Sasuke

Lol! We'll just have to agree to disagree then

Btv what happened with Madara's evil plan? It seams he doesn't care about it anymore. He is content to sit back and wait for the Juubi to be defeated just so he can fight the real Hashirama.
You gotta remember, this is exactly how the start of Shippuden went down, Naruto giving the same face I believe. After that and hardly the sasori fight, she went back to normal worthlessness...

I'm not hating on Sakura, god knows i hate her, but this girl power is gonna be crushed just as quickly as it was before.
Old 2013-05-29, 08:49   Link #27
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I stopped watching the anime a while back because of the damned fillers, but thanks to a filler episode list I found, I've been catching up the past few weeks.

It's been refreshing my memory and bringing it all back. So I've been able to make connections and realize things I couldn't before. When Sasuke said: "Sure! I will forget about revenge and return to the village. Just bring back my family," I realized that Naruto could bring back Sasuke's mom, dad, brother, and the entire clan if he wanted.

That is, if he learned how to use Edo Tensei.... There definitely is enough sacrifice material in the form of those Zetsu soldiers that Tobi made. Orochimaru used them to bring back the kages. They can go get Kabuto and reanimate the whole damned clan if they wanted.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 08:51   Link #28
HasuMasu
*Artist

I love how the Ten Tails' Kamehameha was handled in the barrier.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 08:58   Link #29
ninetail1989
Dreamer

i hope Sakura dies.thx !
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 09:09   Link #30
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

is sasuke using the flame sword without susanoo now?
Old 2013-05-29, 09:10   Link #31
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
i hope Sakura dies.thx !
Now now lets be more polite about hating characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
You gotta remember, this is exactly how the start of Shippuden went down, Naruto giving the same face I believe. After that and hardly the sasori fight, she went back to normal worthlessness...

I'm not hating on Sakura, god knows i hate her, but this girl power is gonna be crushed just as quickly as it was before.
Lol, I don't believe that will be happening. We are at near end of the manga. Where almost all of it will be focused on and around team seven. So I don't think Sakura will fade in to the background, seeing how she is a part of team seven.
Old 2013-05-29, 09:25   Link #32
Midnight Commander

I can understand why people would like to see something different from Sakura, but she is still a healer ninja, and she does still need to fight in a manner that doesn't expend precious chakra that could be potentially used to save her teamates lives; though I doubt this is all we'll see from her anyway. As for her getting "saved" at the end of her attack, I just consider that as teamwork and really didn't mind it. Everyone in team 7 gets saved on occasion, even Sasuke and Naruto.

I for one thought it was nice to see them fight again and exchange a few cocky comments. Lets see if anyone complains that its strange Sasuke didn't get jealous of "acknowledge" Naruto's FRS shiruken or his kyuubi mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
The phrase "too little too late" comes to mind here.
I supposed you'd rather her sit back and do nothing; though I find it hard to believe you wouldn't be here complaining about that as well, had that happened : /

Quote:
Congratulations Sakura, you punched one Juubi spawn and then the ground. I guess I should be thankful you didn't misfire and hit Naruto both times instead .
I don't know where this is coming from. Sakura is long overdue for some big moments, but she wasn't a clumsy fighter like you describe here. Shes been mostly healing and assisting others as shocking as that may be considering shes a healer, but she's generally done a fair job at whatever role she happens to be in, offense or healing.

Quote:
Also WTH is with Hinata going back to her meek characteristic? The girl grew a massive pair acting to slap Naruto out of his dilemma and was fiercely devoted to protecting him from the second time the Juubi transformed. Now she's back to cheerleader? Give me a break . This chapter left me with so much excess bile that I think I'll go and drown out my displeasure by something less depressing.
So, you expected Hinata to completely change her entire personality from that one moment with Naruto, but for Sakura to show off some offense its "too little, too late" : /
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 09:26   Link #33
Xagzan

I don't get it. Haven't we already seen Sakura punch things strongly? Why is Naruto all surprised?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 09:27   Link #34
janipani

I'm afraid that Kishi is preparing for cheesy and super happy ending! I wouldn't be surprised if there would be three or more hokages in the village for now on.

I'm somehow tired of Japanese joking about violent women, how it's someway funny when women hurt men. Is it somehow justified that Tsunade almost killed Jiraya for ... ehm .... peeping? I would understand better if it were a stranger, but a friend that has a crush on you.. yeah hit the living shit out of him.. that will teach him to behave in after life.

-Best anime was made in 80s-

Last edited by janipani; 2013-05-29 at 09:37.
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 09:42   Link #35
justavisitor

Seeing how strong the barrier is...all the ten tails needs to do is fire the bomb once again, and the ppl who dare to go inside the barrier will be cooked...

Am I missing something here? this is the perfect chance for the ten tails to break the barrier, release the barrier or all the ppl inside the barrier will be evaporated

But I guess we will go to the typical route where the ten tails will break the barrier when it transforms to the final form
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 09:49   Link #36
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Seeing how strong the barrier is...all the ten tails needs to do is fire the bomb once again, and the ppl who dare to go inside the barrier will be cooked...

Am I missing something here? this is the perfect chance for the ten tails to break the barrier, release the barrier or all the ppl inside the barrier will be evaporated

But I guess we will go to the typical route where the ten tails will break the barrier when it transforms to the final form
that's a very good point there, i had a similar thought,exactly why would they go in the barrier
but i think it takes time for the jubbi to recharge again so they are using that time gap
Old 2013-05-29, 09:49   Link #37
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
I don't know where this is coming from. Sakura is long overdue for some big moments, but she wasn't a clumsy fighter like you describe here. Shes been mostly healing and assisting others as shocking as that may be considering shes a healer, but she's generally done a fair job at whatever role she happens to be in, offense or healing.
here, here.
IMO, the author has explained well enough the rules of engagement for medical ninja, particularly during the sasori fight...i like team 7 and would have enjoyed sakura shining some before now, but the fact that she has been storing chakra for possibly the same jutsu that makes tsunade immortal during battle is kinda neat.
Old 2013-05-29, 09:56   Link #38
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, they spent half the chapter having Sakura talk about how she doesn't want to be protected by Naruto and Sasuke. She then proceeds to obliterate a large number of Juubi spawn, get cocky, and then has to be saved by Naruto and Sasuke again. And she's... elated that Sasuke saved her. Good job, girl, you actually moved even lower in my perception while showcasing your badassery. Didn't know that was possible.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 2013-05-29, 09:58   Link #39
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Did anyone think Juugo's line might be hinting that Sasuke is going to betray the Alliance? So Naruto has one last chance to save him. Juugo could have been referring to Sasuke thinking about his feelings fighting with Team 7 and his classmates. But it felt like something more.

And what happened to Orochimaru and the other two lackeys?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 10:01   Link #40
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
I can understand why people would like to see something different from Sakura, but she is still a healer ninja, and she does still need to fight in a manner that doesn't expend precious chakra that could be potentially used to save her teamates lives; though I doubt this is all we'll see from her anyway. As for her getting "saved" at the end of her attack, I just consider that as teamwork and really didn't mind it. Everyone in team 7 gets saved on occasion, even Sasuke and Naruto.

I for one thought it was nice to see them fight again and exchange a few cocky comments. Lets see if anyone complains that its strange Sasuke didn't get jealous of "acknowledge" Naruto's FRS shiruken or his kyuubi mode.

I supposed you'd rather her sit back and do nothing; though I find it hard to believe you wouldn't be here complaining about that as well, had that happened : /

So, you expected Hinata to completely change her entire personality from that one moment with Naruto, but for Sakura to show off some offense its "too little, too late" : /
I completely agree. Sakura being saved doesn't mean she is useless or weak nor is it a narusaku/sasusaku moment. It was them being a team, helping each other. The same way Naruto had to be saved by Kakashi/B/etc while facing Obito/Madara, even tho he was in his second KM.

Tho I am suspicious of Sasuke truly being back in team 7. Jugo's panel makes me think Sasuke has some ulterior motives that might not be to nice.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion