AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-26, 13:30   Link #61
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Really, what a huge dissapointment. The animation was terrible, the characters was not likeable and the story seemed boring.. Kinda steriotypical? >_>
Old 2007-04-26, 22:21   Link #62
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Well this serries seems to have a binine plot like everyone else mentioned. How ever i'll still probably will watch it a bit more and see what happens. Their was one thing the stuck me head on when i watched this thou. And that was when we saw teh castle teh princess resides in. It just totaly screamed out Chateau Frontenac wich is located in Québec City Canada.
Old 2007-04-26, 22:36   Link #63
dojikyo

Saw the Kaze no Koe Fansub. I like the plot even if it is a bit cliche. King tries to whore off his daughter, daughter kills the prince of the opposing country, in this case hilarity ensues. Perhaps Rita's father should more time negotiating a peace that didn't involve his daughter. The tank definitely needs to go. I wouldn't mind seeing Rita dragon kick someone though. Good old Bruce Lee. Dragon, Law, Jann Lee and now Rita.
Old 2007-04-27, 22:02   Link #64
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Even worse is the fact that the ex-princess is being two-faced. If she really wants to prevent war, there is one thing she can do: turn herself in. By running away she may be causing a war.
or simply married the prince in the first place (war will probably happen anyways since the prince was killed, im personally suprised it hasn't happened already)

guess they arn't raising royalty very well these days, they are suppose to make sacrificies for the good of the country, not screw the country over.
Old 2007-04-27, 22:37   Link #65
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Alright so...Nice normal fantasy type plot right...A princess and a thief winding up together mmm k following so far...And then the mini talking tank comes crashing through the wall like a bad ripoff of the red koolaid guy?!?

The fairy I can deal with but that...thing...I dunno guess ill have to try a couple more episodes to see if it completely destroys the whole thing for me or not.

Otherwise some of the characters came across as alittle flat, but I can see room for expanding on them. Only other thing that really got me is why do certain people use swords and others guns...Seems alittle silly since unless your using a magic sword or some such guns tend to be > swords lol. And ofcourse howitzer wielding sentient tanks would be > all I suppose...
Old 2007-04-28, 01:15   Link #66
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Alright so...Nice normal fantasy type plot right...A princess and a thief winding up together mmm k following so far...And then the mini talking tank comes crashing through the wall like a bad ripoff of the red koolaid guy?!?

The fairy I can deal with but that...thing...I dunno guess ill have to try a couple more episodes to see if it completely destroys the whole thing for me or not.
I agree completely, for me this series stands or fall with that tank, unfortunately I suppose it has a big role, so lets see after a couple of episodes.

Otherwise I don't have much complaints, plot seemed interesting, and animation was quite good too, and this series isn't shy on showing blood or nudity (not that those are automatically good things, just an observation). Fairy was cute, thought she loses to Reinforce.

I'm not terribly excited after first episode but I will watch more, at least few episodes.

No shoujo-ai? Gao~
Old 2007-04-29, 15:05   Link #67
Joojoobees

I'll definitely give this one a few more episodes, but I have to admit to being a bit disappointed with episode 1. I had watched the first 5 minutes raw, and was looking forward to the sub, but the potential, so far, hasn't been fully activated. Everything that followed the prince's death seemed to be lacking in substance. I don't think it was a coincidence that that roughly coincides with the introduction of the tank.
Old 2007-04-29, 15:29   Link #68
mdauben

I just watched the first episode. I'm not overwhelmed, but I figure it was good enough to check out a few more episodes. I agree with several others that they could have done without the stupid tank character. I don't see that it adds anything to the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojikyo View Post
daughter kills the prince of the opposing country
Oh, come on. You don't really think that's what happened, do you? I don't know of course, but I have a feeling there is going to be more to it that just her way of breaking off the engagement.
Old 2007-04-29, 17:02   Link #69
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Oh, come on. You don't really think that's what happened, do you? I don't know of course, but I have a feeling there is going to be more to it that just her way of breaking off the engagement.
Exactly, she is standing there naked and covered in blood. That doesn't look like a normal first meeting to me. I was bothered that her father and brother didn't want to hear her side of what happened. If some foreign soldiers claimed that your sister killed their leader wouldn't you want to hear her side before agreeing to her execution?

That and the character of the the thief made me think this might be a good series, but the tank, ugh. That totally shattered the mood.
Old 2007-04-30, 01:56   Link #70
Dop
Mmmm....

To tell the truth, I nearly stopped watching this after a few minutes, then the princess killed the prince (who, let's face it, had it coming to him) and I thought it might be a little more interesting than I'd thought.

A sword with a built in gun is just cheating.

Then that tank burst in.

"Why is that tank calling itself Cyrano de Bergerac?", I thought, "In fact, what is a vaguely medieval fantasy world doing with TANKS, let alone A.I. tanks?"
Old 2007-04-30, 09:01   Link #71
m000m000

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoozoc View Post
or simply married the prince in the first place (war will probably happen anyways since the prince was killed, im personally suprised it hasn't happened already)

guess they arn't raising royalty very well these days, they are suppose to make sacrificies for the good of the country, not screw the country over.
Did you actually watch the show?

Spoiler for Episode 2 stuff?:

I don't know about you, but I'd be willing to cut her some good slack for that.

Also, turning herself in at this point is no guarantee that the war will be avoided. In fact, her killing of the prince could probably still be used as an appropriate excuse for the invasion, even if she was apprehended and executed as per demands.

Edit: Just realized that what I wrote is probably covered in the Ep2 flashback and not Ep1 itself, so spoilered appropriately
Old 2007-04-30, 09:18   Link #72
lightbringer
M9000

Everyone is bashing the tank, but I found that to be a rather amusing part of the series. No reason why a fantasy show has to stick to strictly medieval themes. The tank adds variety to something that would otherwise be a bit plain and clichéd, and the sheer absurdity of it really makes me think of Don Quixote for some reason ^_^;
Old 2007-04-30, 14:30   Link #73
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I really didnt know what to expect when i started watching. But the scene with princess standing there with the prince in front her, was well WOW. I thought at first well there not wasting much time gettin down to it then is saw the bloody knife and the prince drop my interest immediately jump. By no means do think that Wellber no monogatari will be a masterpiece but i do think it will be fun to watch. I expect the show to be pretty fast paces given that the whole series is suppose to take place in 14 days. That means the writers can really afford to have too many up in the air episodes if the story wants to be told properly.
Old 2007-05-01, 19:23   Link #74
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
So ok, question for people that have watched passed episode one: How is this how an "Nazi apologist" anime? Anonymous on 4chan made a comment about that and I couldn't tell if he was criticizing the show or just trolling.
Old 2007-05-03, 16:29   Link #75
m000m000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko View Post
Anonymous on 4chan
You have luckily answered your own question.
Old 2007-05-07, 06:01   Link #76
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I was bothered that her father and brother didn't want to hear her side of what happened. If some foreign soldiers claimed that your sister killed their leader wouldn't you want to hear her side before agreeing to her execution?
And is it just me, or did that henchman of Grenia try to cut the princess down in her own castle?

I'm really undecided on whether to keep this series. On the one hand, I have Claymore and Seirei, and judging from the first episode, this is clearly inferior if compared to the both of them. On the other hand, I like the "containment" time of 14 days and I am curious about Tina's real motive for going to Greedom. To be honest, from the OP, I don't think Grenia is the baddie he is portrayed as, and somehow, I think we will see him again.

Then again, I suppose those aren't really enough to justify watching a show that tries to mix serious and funny and fails.

Dropped, I guess.

Last edited by Lost; 2007-05-07 at 06:24.
Old 2007-05-07, 07:06   Link #77
lightbringer
M9000

This show does have potential imho. I liked the first episode well enough. Hopefully some group will pick this up later on, seeing as noone's subbing it right now. With that said, keep it
Old 2007-05-08, 05:32   Link #78
tlynnec
LLE, Live-evil, DB Staff
*Fansubber

Not Dropped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Hopefully some group will pick this up later on, seeing as noone's subbing it right now.
O_O Live-evil is still subbing it! Ok, so we're going a bit slowly, but our TL has engineering finals to deal with. Once she finishes finals we'll pick up the speed. That said, ep 2 is in QC right now, so don't give up on us yet!

Oh, ep2 is more about Tina and why she stabbed Gernia, and ep3 is info on Tina's past, Yay!
Old 2007-05-08, 06:16   Link #79
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynnec View Post
O_O Live-evil is still subbing it! Ok, so we're going a bit slowly, but our TL has engineering finals to deal with. Once she finishes finals we'll pick up the speed. That said, ep 2 is in QC right now, so don't give up on us yet!

Oh, ep2 is more about Tina and why she stabbed Gernia, and ep3 is info on Tina's past, Yay!
Aha. Okay, great news! Thanks for getting my hopes up again
Old 2007-05-13, 07:49   Link #80
rageguy

thanks for the status update on the fansub by live evil.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance