AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-01, 11:09   Link #1
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

E3 Discussion Thread.

So the coverage is about to start in a hour, but the actual convention has already begun. ANyone excited? Anyone watching? Anyone care about the future of video games? I do, and I'll be abusing this thread as the news rolls by.
Old 2009-06-01, 11:26   Link #2
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well, i'm excited, hehe. Hoping for a big surprise on the sony side.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 11:50   Link #3
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Getting excited is just going to lead to disappointments, I fear.

...Okay, I'll admit it, I'm a little excited, but I fully expect not to really care about most of the major announcements, especially seen as it looks like Sony might not show a new Trico trailer after all Still, owning all 3 consoles means surely there'll be something new for me to buy.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 12:05   Link #4
Knight Hawk
Lurker

I'm hoping SE reveals it's next MMO code named "Rapture" at E3, so im extremely excited.
Old 2009-06-01, 13:47   Link #5
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

MS's conference is going on. Splinter cell teaser was awesome. AWESOME. The rest... I didn't find appealing at all.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:04   Link #6
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Metal Gear Solid: Rising(with raiden...) confirmed for Xbox 360.

Kojima: A new game experience to the series!

^ What not like MGS4? Why Solid isn't it finished yet?

^ Lightning Bolt Action? No stealth in there then it's not Metal Gear Solid.

Last edited by Aka; 2009-06-01 at 14:25.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:11   Link #7
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Man, that beatles segment was too long too boring =/ Alan Wake looks interesting, would make a good game to play at night alone. Project Natal is waay buggy and something SEGA tried back in the day and failed. Tony Hawk with the Wii board!

EDIT:

Well the MS Press Conference is over, overall the whole thing was boring. Last segment wasted on Project Natal which is a failed gimmick that SEGA tried to pass on to us.

Last edited by Knight Hawk; 2009-06-01 at 14:23.
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:11   Link #8
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Finally a game with Raiden... But for a console i don't have? ( (

And now they're talking about the Project Natal. Sounds like serious bullshit. It's nice to control the game with your body, but there's a lot of games that's impossible to make the chara actions. It reminds me of an old tekken 3 arcade with this motion capture tecnology. After two horrible rounds, everyone was tired as hell...

But at least it looks better than the Eye Toy games, that you have to make the moviment praying to work.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:23   Link #9
u43368
Disabled By Request

They haven't said Rising is 360 exclusive yet.

Meh.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:27   Link #10
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

That conference was disgustingly painful to watch, best part were Modern Warfare 2 and Alan Wake...both multiplatform.

For exclusives it was a MGS spinoff with the most annoying side character ever, a few mediocre games, a eyetoy 2.0 and a pedo simulator.

Not to mention the awkward silences and the guys multiple failed attempts to cue applause made the tension so thick I expected people to just start leaving in the middle of the talk.

Hopefully Sony and Nintendo conferences will be a little less boring tomorrow, though I don't have high hopes for either of them.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:29   Link #11
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

I wish they announced Ace Combat 7... but no they decided to go with games I'm not interested in.

@ Project Natal - Whoever seriously gets this needs to go out more, have a life if you are spending your time doing social activities virtually.

Sety @ I didn't know Alan Wake was multiplatform, on Pc you mean?

Edit:
Anyone else bit disturbed with the English voice acting in FF XIII?
Old 2009-06-01, 14:31   Link #12
Varion
殲滅天使

Okay, so yeah.
Natal - Sounds fantastic on paper... probably won't actually work the way they make it sound. Not to mention most people will likely either fall into those who aren't in shape enough to use it properly, and those who don't have enough space to use it properly. Pretty much every feature will come with its own set of problems, too - voice recognition in particular has been plagued by them since the beginning of time because of acccents. On the plus side if they can replace the boy in that Molyneux movie with a loli Japan might start buying 360s again.
MGS - Well, congratulations? Still, the the fact they didn't say 'exclusive' means it almost definitely isn't, so it's all good.
FF13 - Looks way fancier than the demo version did. Was going to buy it anyway, this doesn't make me any less likely to.

The rest varied from embarrassingly bad (the Beatles bit, Facebook/Twitter, and the fact that Mattrick was the only one clapping (for himself) half the time), eyebrow raising (1080p instant? In ideal conditions with a fibre optic connection maybe, otherwise enjoy your buffering) and just neutral (most everything else).

Still, it was better than I expected! Not particularly hard, though.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:31   Link #13
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
They haven't said Rising is 360 exclusive yet.

Meh.
If they didn't announce MGS Rising as an exclusive at the conference. Then the game will mostly likely be on the PS3 as well. I'm interested in Sony's conference.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:33   Link #14
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
If they didn't announce MGS Rising as an exclusive at the conference. Then the game will mostly likely be on the PS3 as well.
That and the fact it's been discussed in Famitsu PS3/PSP already. If it was exclusive they'd have made sure to say so. Probably twice to really rub it in.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:35   Link #15
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
Sety @ I didn't know Alan Wake was multiplatform, on Pc you mean?
Yeah pretty sure its meant to be PC too.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:37   Link #16
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
So far these are what caught my interest of E-3 Mirosoft coverage:

1.Left 4 Dead 2: Just like the prequel this is gonna be a Rental for me.

2. Splinter Cell:Conviction: I'm very grateful for the facelift they gave it and after seeing the gameplay I'm looking forward to it again.

3. Facebook access and instant watch feature where you can watch movies with your friends on x-box live.

4.Metal Gear Solid Rising: Hmmmm it's a game staring Raiden in Super Ninja form.....I'm curious but I have to wait to see gameplay.

5.Natal: If this works out this might be a pretty nice addition to games.....It would be a nice way to pass the time in the middle of the night before you go to bed.

6. I guess Final Fantasy 13.......I saw the gameplay but I still plan on getting it for the PS3.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:41   Link #17
Chase

Wow Microsoft's press conference was very very very impressive. Project Natal is sick. Plus Forza 3, Splinter Cell : Conviction and Alan Wake looked crazy. FFXIII was shown running on the 360 and i looked the same as the PS3 version. Also Crackdown 2 and Left for Dead 2 announced. The 2 map packs that will appear on Modern Warfare 2 will appear first on XBL. Sky TV was announced. Facebook/Twitter on XBL..............oh and i forgot Metal Gear Solid: Rising was announced

One funny bit, Cliff's(of Epic Games) new xbla game crashed in the middle of demonstration.lol.EPIC FAIL!!
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:42   Link #18
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
That and the fact it's been discussed in Famitsu PS3/PSP already. If it was exclusive they'd have made sure to say so. Probably twice to really rub it in.
I was about to mention that too.

I guess looking at Microsoft's E3 conference. I like Splinter Cell and that's about it.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:43   Link #19
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I was hoping for MGS4 when they called Hideo's name. Ah well, Raiden is pretty cool character so I hope the game is as well. Alan Wake is looking mighty fine too, I'll be sure to get that. But 2010? Man...
Old 2009-06-01, 14:53   Link #20
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Looking forward to the Nintendo and Sony Press Conference.

Microsoft's Conference really didn't strike me with anything except maybe FF 13 (though i plan on getting it for the PS3)

I only wish there was anything on FF vs 13 in the entire conference. i remember reading somewhere it wasn't even going to be shown
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote