AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-03-13, 11:09   Link #2641
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Aside that Botan is just reading between lines something that doesn't exist, the early spoilers from the usual Japanse blogs and the last one provided here by AP24 state that.
I don't read between lines, it's clearly written in AP24 post that Saito had been planning to go alone to Earth without Louise.
Old 2017-03-27, 14:16   Link #2642
Nomebastanteoriginal

Found two store extras for the new artbook:
Gamers:

Toranoana:

And some leaked images: Akiba blog (NSFW)

Last edited by Nomebastanteoriginal; 2017-03-27 at 14:32.
Nomebastanteoriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-28, 03:37   Link #2643
amtro
Distro

This cannot be right. There's supposed to be hundreds of illustrations in that book, all the illustrations, the anime promos AND a bunch of new never before seen ones.
Yet that link has less than 20 illustrations and not a single one of them is new.
Old 2017-03-28, 05:28   Link #2644
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
This cannot be right. There's supposed to be hundreds of illustrations in that book, all the illustrations, the anime promos AND a bunch of new never before seen ones.
Yet that link has less than 20 illustrations and not a single one of them is new.
that a blog that post the store links where you can buy it, like a preview.
Old 2017-04-14, 10:22   Link #2645
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So, anyone have any any idea about the new volume?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 14:08   Link #2646
Honoakari
Lurking Member

So I went and read what seemed to be the more important bits. Assuming I understood correctly...

Spoiler for the truth of 6000 years ago:
Old 2017-04-16, 02:27   Link #2647
Lethavian

Long post

So, tell me if i get this right, it has been a long time since i read the novel.
- 6000ys ago, elf and magi in conflict with valyag,with Brimir and Sasha as character/leader/sort of...on Earth?cuz Brimir still a greenhorn,no dimension gate,only teleport,no mana bomb, but Sasha and the elf were fighting valyag a long time,according to 1st memory the pope show,they treat it as a matter of cuz.
- then they move to Halke? the elf were already there,have a capital, or do they came along and build one?
- a bunch of conflict with different race? mana bomb/blood magic or life magic(pftt..cute) is invented, used multiple time, our Hero is battle hardened, the ecosystem is blasted according to dragon.
- Spiritstone: Wind,Fire,Water,didn't know or remember if Earth were mentioned or exist
they are basically mana battery, no? Elf,Harpy and other Nature-align race can(or can't?) use them and ancient magic/elf magic?
- anyway, calamity incoming,read Honoakari post, Elf vs Magi, Elf call it Great Will/Purpose(Gaia/nature spirit/nasu verse planet something) anyway you get the idea, its NATURE, don't touch it. Brimir want to kill it, send Sasha to negotiate (congratulation, you failed to understand your ally)
- Hero here Muke the capital. Sasha stab him (good girl).Problem is, he commit atrocity for a purpose, he failed,the problem didn't die (nature spirit can be killed?),not completely, now the can are kick down the road for future generation. He won time for his people and a war with his ally.
- Human split into 4 countries: 3 ruled by his son,1 by his gravekeeper??
Time goes on, now for a new hero, some random smuck picked off the street.6000ys later:
- Summoning: ta-da you got a human.Kssss. Gandalfed. and a mind/memory control, but hey, the church/myth/everything they know didn't mention this one.
- some small event to acclimate the reader to the setting: Noble and commoner( Magi and non-magi,where did you come from?),medieval (which one?didn't have enough on how Tristan work,mind you read more on medieval, there are very big difference),magic system.
- Clue: Zero, Bazooka(or RPG?? whatever), sailor uniform. Saito have a laptop
- onto Albion arc: some throwaway line on how skyship use windstone,did they mention cannon?? i know they have musket,again don't have enough information on tech level. Colbert learn/study Mechanic. Water Spirit Ring (the one in the lake) subquest. Royal spell synce/combine. Prince NotImportant was revive/reanimated ( no real nasty undead, shame on you) magic power in place of life force or whatever gizmo in work, he didn't try to eat anyone,no mention about the afterlife (now goodbye,you will be miss for a few more eps,then our little hero get ....).Wardes (wind guy/ Luis fiance, i know the name is wrong, its for comical effect) and Fouquet found evidence of Romania theocracy atrocity toward dissident,unbeliever and other undesirable (a lot by the way, several crate or books of recording).romania pressure/order Agnes village massacre.
- Next: Pope use mis/disinformation, it's super effective, Queenie goes to Romania. Colbert beg forgiveness for the massacre of Agnes village,she return Romania ring to the pope.both marvel at his divinity (handsome guy, church architecture,light from behind making him look RADIANT). he opened a portal?(or a scry spell?).Show Earth.establish trust,showing him the real deal,that the holy land is important,that it will solve all their people problem(war,land,poverty,inequality,..),that with it their nation will stop fighting and work toward a better future.he laid out a plan:take back the holy land from the elf, conveniently Saito isn't there,so without a reader stand-in,he didn't have to explain what the HOLY LAND is,the one that IS there were taught the elf held the hole land,you know, the fraging desert.
- Galia arc: Pope use media propaganda, and some other type of maniplulation.Joker teach the Elf use fire stone as MOAB. their airship barely lift a tank(panzer or tiger?).Earth WW2 tech are way better than what they have here.Mind you Saito got a laptop. Shenanigans. plotline are pull together.Joker and Halequin blow themselve up. war end. and the author forgot about the water spirit ring. the one halequin give albion to use in their magic on Prince whatever and the army/why tristan lose the war military.she take it back or is it still out there? anyway the point is the explosion cut that plotline. it doesn't matter anymore.our hero sure didn't care that much about his promise/oath to the water spirit.we get hint about romania spy network (cough..illuminati...cough).Tabitha now queen,for a time.then her twin sister(one that julio spend sometime working on) switch.the pope now tell them about the windstone .
everything they do or say was to prepare for the coming calamity.that they NEED the elf HELP to solve it.once they establish that, he went back to " Yes, we have to get the holy land".but now everyone got mindfucked by the problem they saw,they didn't notice the sublte change of word and objective.
- Human vs Elf.the Reckoning. Saito and Boob went to elf land.Got their POV,something something.some new intel,their system,culture,etc... turn out elf/human or not people are bastard, they all have some quality,but some part are bastard nonetheless.We get their side of the story, our hero isn't too stupid afterall, figuring out something. and get another magic collar on his neck. Spoiler alert honey, you are going to die in the end, your death will be too shameful for them to remember.just like how their founder failed to remember his....Stuffs happen,elf sideplot solved,elf leader meet human leader,Queenie got hilariously wrong view of the war,Reality slap,she got suspicious,got the truth out of the pope: the goal wasn't the elf extermination and take their land or get their help with the windstone,it's open a portal to earth, use LIFE MAGIC to TAKE it by FORCE,you know,kill enough to make room for the master race ,escalate the whole thing up,given the BOPE(bastard + pope) know jack shit about Earth,its politic ,system(have you been watching the news lately?).Our hero tried to stop him (history repeat itself when you failed to learn from it).Kill-switch on. Life-drained. Near-death. Author Die. Fuck you.
-The last novel are to wrap the wholething up and give us some closure. Everything will be magically solved. Happy Ending. Except the last part.Our hero want to went back home,knowing he likely can't get back,Luis convince him to go (after their night together,marriage and all,responsibility).The moment of truth: will he cross it? or will he kiss the girl and stay? FORGETING ALL the thing you are suppose to do? water spirit ring and the other stuff? Fuck it. there he goes, and she with him.The last part are to give us a suppose Happy Ending scene for the couple ...sweet how cute.taken from the spoiler in this thread.
--- Disclaimer: i dont know how to use spoiler tag.
--- Tabitha character was taken from Nausicaa. element can be glimsed here and there
--- Quoting Andrew Ryan :"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us."
So with that, here are some of my question:
- Luis 1st use of Void magic, blow up an entire fleet, DIDN'T kill anyone,becuz sweet girl dont want to. so our intention/will matter in how magic work.Brimir could have take another option that will give him victory,absorp the strength of the defeated. without killing or commit genocide. instead, he put research into Nuclear option? and when all he have is a hammer , everything is a nail? did i get this tragic hero right? we can judge him how we want.but some people doesn't even know the option exist.that doesn't make his legacy any better. he still leave a pile of mess given how human act.
- what the hell is those Romania/the pope try to do? i cant see where the holy land bussiness came from ,given that they run FROM earth to escape the valyag. Their founder die trying to fix the windstone problem. Do they realise how fucked they are if they actually got their way?Can someone tell me what all of their action are for?
Lethavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 02:55   Link #2648
Lethavian

some more things:
- there are a space-time summon spell that pull things from Earth into Halke, Bope faction collect weapon and show that it was divine will.but there are other thing get pull in too. Sailor uniform, umbrela,... an elf collect them in her house.So Bope are full of shit, and there are potential in Out of Place Artifact.
- Colbert study the zero, build an airplane, mimic Earth weapon( so much for wanting to build things for peace).he study the laptop too and somehow get it to work (WAT>?) but likely don't know much. Saito ask bope to open a portal/scry spell to send an email to his family.So, electromagnetic wave or whatever,anyway,something can pass through a one man spell. Internet + Colbert = ???
- Given the tone and how things work thus far, they likely solve the Stone(big one) problem by nuke it again. Can't Luis or Boob use the Giant mana battery in some other less destructive ways? if they alone cant what about Queenie royal Spell synce? Push things into magical-industrial revolution?With that much mana store up it can magically solve most of the world problems,right?
- How the hell can 2 people/culture at each other throat for 6000ys reconcile?
- Hell, Earth tech likely can help, do they mention anything about it? they never use this idea ?
Lethavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 14:45   Link #2649
Stro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethavian View Post
some more things:
- there are a space-time summon spell that pull things from Earth into Halke, Bope faction collect weapon and show that it was divine will.but there are other thing get pull in too. Sailor uniform, umbrela,... an elf collect them in her house.So Bope are full of shit, and there are potential in Out of Place Artifact.
- Colbert study the zero, build an airplane, mimic Earth weapon( so much for wanting to build things for peace).he study the laptop too and somehow get it to work (WAT>?) but likely don't know much. Saito ask bope to open a portal/scry spell to send an email to his family.So, electromagnetic wave or whatever,anyway,something can pass through a one man spell. Internet + Colbert = ???
- Given the tone and how things work thus far, they likely solve the Stone(big one) problem by nuke it again. Can't Luis or Boob use the Giant mana battery in some other less destructive ways? if they alone cant what about Queenie royal Spell synce? Push things into magical-industrial revolution?With that much mana store up it can magically solve most of the world problems,right?
- How the hell can 2 people/culture at each other throat for 6000ys reconcile?
- Hell, Earth tech likely can help, do they mention anything about it? they never use this idea ?
Apparently they destroy giant spirit stone or by giving up the void powers they save Halkeginia. Well really I don't know since we only have the spoilers of how the story end but just that.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 09:52   Link #2650
Nomebastanteoriginal

Quote:

4月刊『ゼロの使い魔 Memorial BOOK』は都合により5月に発売延期となりました。楽しみにお待ち頂いている皆様、申し訳ございませ ん 。

5月刊『ゼロの使い魔 Memorial BOOK』は都合により6月に発売延期となりました。楽しみにお待ち頂いている皆様、申し訳ございませ ん。
If I am not mistaken, vol 22 got released in February, the 2nd artbook in March, and finally the memorial book was supposed to be released in April. I think that the memorial book will be like a complete version of the perfect book (which was basically a digest of information of the first volumes of the novels, anime episodes and other merchandising, so nothing special...). Any idea why it would be delayed two months?
Old 2017-06-05, 06:32   Link #2651
Nomebastanteoriginal

The cover and synopsis for the memorial book are out:

Quote:
秘蔵の文庫未収録短編完全収録のメモリアルブックが登場!
13年の時を経て、感動の大団円で幕を閉じた『ゼロの使い魔』シリーズ。ヤマグチノボル先生がアニメDVD の特典や月刊コミックアライブのふろくなどで書きおろした、合計200ページを超える短編を全て収録した幻 の短編集が登場――。収録内容は……ルイズとアンリエッタの、幼少期のとある一日(『八年前』より)、ルイ ズが ”ゼロ” と呼ばれるきっかけとなった物語(『ゼロのルイズの誕生』より)、など全13編! さらに兎塚エイジ先生に よる、初期のキャラデザも多数収録。そして巻末には、ヤマグチノボル先生によって遺された『ゼロの使い魔』 21、22巻のプロットも掲載。『ゼロの使い魔』の最後を彩るメモリアルブックをあなたへ。
From the Google translator alone, it seems that it will include all the previous znt short stories from various places and the author's original notes used to write volumes 21 and 22.
Can someone please provide na acurate translation?
Old 2017-06-06, 19:17   Link #2652
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

-13 short stories that were written as DVD bonuses and etc (over 200 pages)
-Eiji's original character designs for the characters
-The plot left behind by Yamaguchi Noboru for volumes 21, 22

That's all the description says

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 02:50   Link #2653
Nomebastanteoriginal

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
-13 short stories that were written as DVD bonuses and etc (over 200 pages)
-Eiji's original character designs for the characters
-The plot left behind by Yamaguchi Noboru for volumes 21, 22

That's all the description says
Thank you!

This book will be quite the treat with these contents.
So it's 13 short stories.. Let me see, if we count them all on Baka-tsuki, including the 3rd one as 6 parts, we have a total of 14.
They mention the DVD ones: 1st and 3rd; The comic alive ones: 7th and 8th; and 2 of the 3 names of the anime artbook ones, so they all should be included: 2nd, 4th and 6th.
My guess is that between the 5th and the 9th, maybe it was the last one that was not included.

Last edited by Nomebastanteoriginal; 2017-06-07 at 03:03.
Old 2017-06-23, 02:39   Link #2654
AP24

Here's the table of contents for the memorial book.

Looks like the notes for Vol 21-22 plot that Yamaguchi left behind were only 5 pages long.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-24, 15:50   Link #2655
Nomebastanteoriginal

I'm relieved that almost all sort stories are now compiled in one book only. The price is the same as a regular volume, so it's a plus. The only short story that was not included was also already translated to chinese on the internet, so hopefully we'll be able to read them all in the future (if there is a charitable soul to translate them).

Last edited by Nomebastanteoriginal; 2017-06-24 at 16:34.
Old 2017-06-27, 14:47   Link #2656
AP24

Found some info that is in the memorial book.

The person who wrote the final two volumes is the author of Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance. I had a feeling it might be him. I noticed ZnT Vol 21 was released on the same day as Blade Dance Vol 15, and ZnT Vol 22 was released on the same day as Blade Dance Vol 16.

Yamaguchi-sensei had intended to write a sequel about Saito and Louise's kid.
Old 2017-06-27, 19:03   Link #2657
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I suspected as much as well due to Blade Dance's sudden delays in the last couple years.

Saito and Louise's kid would be interesting, especially if it took place on Earth.
Old 2017-06-27, 20:59   Link #2658
amtro
Distro

Is there any hope of it happening now when Blade Dance is over? Or were these last two volumes a one time thing?
Old 2017-06-28, 01:47   Link #2659
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Is there any hope of it happening now when Blade Dance is over? Or were these last two volumes a one time thing?
I think it's one time things. The last 2 books was still given the idea from Noboru, but a sequel is not, the sequel have no original sketch and it would be new author ( which might be Shimizu) completely original story. So I think it's not
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 02:12   Link #2660
AP24

It also says that Blade Dance's author was already a big fan of ZnT before his debut. He even considered Yamaguchi-sensei as his great senpai. No wonder he was chosen to write the final two volumes of ZnT.

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen