AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite CLANNAD character(s)
Okazaki Tomoya 208 49.76%
Okazaki Nagisa 197 47.13%
Okazaki Ushio 168 40.19%
Furukawa Sanae 95 22.73%
Furukawa Akio 165 39.47%
Fujibayashi Kyou 177 42.34%
Fujibayashi Ryou 33 7.89%
Sakagami Tomoyo 167 39.95%
Ichinose Kotomi 132 31.58%
Ibuki Fuuko 92 22.01%
Miyazawa Yukine 42 10.05%
Sunohara Youhei 106 25.36%
Sunohara Mei 66 15.79%
Okazaki Naoyuki 15 3.59%
Yoshino Yuusuke 57 13.64%
Yoshino Kouko 17 4.07%
Sagara Misae 51 12.20%
Shima Katsuki 40 9.57%
Nishina Rie 17 4.07%
Botan 60 14.35%
Others 10 2.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 418. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-08, 15:13   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Clannad series - Favorite Character(s) Poll (Final)

Welcome to CLANNAD - Favorite Character(s) Poll - the place where you can express all of your love towards your favorite CLANNAD characters. This poll will focus more on the characters of AFTER STORY, but feel free to use this poll to choose your favorite characters for the whole franchise.

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!
If you are selecting "Other" among your choices, please don't forget to name the character(s) you are referring to (such like Okazaki Shino, Sugisaka, etc.).

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2009-04-08, 15:34   Link #2
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, it must have been quite the core to get all those pics gj.

Anyway, I'm voting for the Okazaki lineage. Even if CLANNAD's main theme is, without discussion, the family, the father-son/daughter relationships in CLANNAD stroke me as the most powerful aspect from the series.
Old 2009-04-08, 15:40   Link #3
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That is the main reason why it took me so long for this (I just marathoned the 24 episodes back and forth for the last hour for this task). And I was stubborn enough in trying to get all characters in their AS period... suffice to say, I was upset that I couldn't use a proper MAID Nagisa picture ~~

As for me, I wasn't able to shrink my favourite number below 7.
For starters, the Okazaki couple and their daughter is a very obvious choice to me: the love, the hardship and the simple "natural" aspect of this family are unquestionable (If I was nuts enough, I would have voted Akio and Sanae as well).

Kyou was always a character I appreciated, considering her quirks and energy. Not only that, but she was really quite the support for Nagisa and Tomoya, a true friend indeed (well the others are as well, but she is the most noticeable among the gang).
And botan is an obvious combo with her (though I prefer his school life form )

And finally, the Sunohara siblings were also noticeable pillars for me. Youhei was always delivering good laugh and managed to grow, against all odds. Meanwhile, Mei is the perfect imouto for me.
Old 2009-04-08, 15:46   Link #4
Proto

Well, when I compared this poll's structures to S1's, the pics you used give the impression that we are also comparing the characters growth throughout S2 against their younger selves (the earlier poll) so overall it was a nice pick I think.
Old 2009-04-08, 15:47   Link #5
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I kept myself to my five favorite characters in the entire series (listed in no particular order here):

Sunohara Youhei - Almost every time he's on screen you know you're only about 5 seconds away from a LOL moment. Greatest comic relief character ever.

Okazaki (Furukawa) Nagisa - Only one other character in the series changes more than she does, that being Tomoya. She started out as just another shy girl and became one of the most endearing heroines in a romantic series.

Okazaki Tomoya - The man himself. The Hell he endured for the sake of his family and future is something you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy, much less a guy like him. One of the most well-developed lead characters I've ever had the pleasure of watching transform over the course of a series.

Sakagami Tomoyo - My personal favorite of the heroines, even if she wasn't the main one. Her OVA was touching, but even outside of that she was the epitome of grace and support for Tomoya at a time when he needed it most.

Fujibayashi Kyou - I continue to hold out hope that we might someday get a Fujibayashi Sisters OVA, but nonetheless Kyou's role is surprisingly significant in both seasons if only as a real friend to Tomoya and Nagisa.
Old 2009-04-08, 18:20   Link #6
Ratiasu

Tomoyo - who doesn't like a strong grey haired girl
Old 2009-04-08, 18:47   Link #7
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Tomoyo - Just awesome. I've explained everywhere else already why i love her.

Nagisa - Turned out to be a rather lovable character.

Akio- Always good for a laugh, or a supporting pillar.

Almost made the vote
- Tomoya. Very touching scenes indeed (The scenes with his father were more heartfelt than the deaths) at the end, and he did learn his lesson, but he was too annoying in the middle of his depression state.

- Fuko. Supported Tomoya when he needed, but she pops up too much with random gags and it got annoying from season 1.
Old 2009-04-08, 21:59   Link #8
evilr00t
*Fansubber

Tomoya, Nagisa, Ushio.

I did not vote for Shima, but here's a special mention for him. So cute!!
Old 2009-04-08, 23:22   Link #9
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Okazaki Tomoya - There is no male lead in his genre I can think of who has undergone as much character development as he has.

Okazaki Nagisa - Ditto, and it goes even more for her since she started out as a character archetype with low expectations.

Okazaki Ushio - Not many 5-year-olds in anime who is as real as she is.

Furukawa Akio - Wise from his life experiences, yet never forgetting how to have fun like a kid. It may be way early for me to think about things like that, but Akio is the kind of man I would like to grow up to become.

Furukawa Sanae - For similar reasons as Akio's, plus you gotta love a MILF who's superior to half the main girls, including her own daughter.
Old 2009-04-08, 23:27   Link #10
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Tomoyo, and people who know me need no further explanation. Though if I could, I'd want to be flanked by both Kyou and Tomoyo...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-08 at 23:48.
Old 2009-04-08, 23:32   Link #11
Nosauz

Sunohara, because he and Tomoya make quite the couple! :3
Old 2009-04-09, 07:18   Link #12
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Though if I could, I'd want to be flanked by both Kyou and Tomoyo...
Given the sparks that flew between the two of them in the first season I think that'd be a potentially dangerous place to be.
Old 2009-04-09, 07:20   Link #13
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Given the sparks that flew between the two of them in the first season I think that'd be a potentially dangerous place to be.
Dangerous... is my middle name.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-09 at 07:44.
Old 2009-04-09, 07:29   Link #14
Kirku

Deffinetly MC Akio!!!!
Old 2009-04-09, 07:48   Link #15
Tak

What puzzles me is Tomoya getting highest point for popularity. That good-for-nothing *mumble mumble mumble*

- Tak

Old 2009-04-09, 07:58   Link #16
Proto

It varies with everyone's impressions for the series. Personally I actually thought he would get nearly 100% popularity, so I'm surprised it is actually so low. In any case he seems to be one of those rare male protagonist who is generally well received by the audience.
Old 2009-04-09, 08:13   Link #17
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'm surprised Sunohara isn't rating higher given all the laughs he provided us with over the course of both seasons. In addition to being hilarious he's also one of the best "wing man" characters I've ever seen.
Old 2009-04-09, 14:31   Link #18
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
I'm surprised Sunohara isn't rating higher given all the laughs he provided us with over the course of both seasons. In addition to being hilarious he's also one of the best "wing man" characters I've ever seen.
The "Mei Arc" kind of decreased his popularity and this goes for me as well. Youhei became too selfish during that arc and personally, it didn't sit well with me. I'm not sure about others but I'm pretty sure that's one of the biggest reasons but his comedy was hilarious. The VA did a tremendous job for his character and I agree that he did well for the "wing man" role as you put it

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-09, 14:35   Link #19
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The other factors are:
1) much less screentime (and therefore, involvement/comedy) for him
2) Akio pretty much took the comedy slot in AS. See how Akio is popular compared to the previous polls. Kinda self explanatory.
Old 2009-04-09, 17:20   Link #20
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Tomoyo - Just awesome. I've explained everywhere else already why i love her.
The interactions between her and Tomoya is just cute, funny and energetic at the same time.

During the school election, there was a scene between her and Tomoya that is just classic

- Tak

Closed Thread