AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-30, 01:08   Link #1401
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Look like a good time to finally upgrade my OG 3ds, never played Xenoblade so I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Honestly, they'd be better served NOT trying to forcefully sway people over with super amazing awesome N3DS only games. A lot of people are mad enough as it is that this system merely exists with just Xenoblade. They'd be better served doing ports like Xenoblade as the only N3DS games, just so people don't feel jilted.

Bad blood and grudges are strong with consumers in this industry.
Xenoblade only on the New 3ds because OG 3ds can't handle it, if rest of the New 3ds's exclusives are like this I don't see why they should be complaining. They won't be on OG 3ds anyway.

I can see Reggie why say Nintendo's fans are unappeasable.
Old 2014-08-30, 14:21   Link #1402
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure this would just piss people off and cause some to not even pick up the 3DS version in protest. You'd still get those who don't care, and those who just want smash now now now, but you'd lose a good number of people.

Especially since, you know, it'd be locking game content until after the Wii U version came out (for all but Japan), making it even sillier to do.

Honestly, they'd be better served NOT trying to forcefully sway people over with super amazing awesome N3DS only games. A lot of people are mad enough as it is that this system merely exists with just Xenoblade. They'd be better served doing ports like Xenoblade as the only N3DS games, just so people don't feel jilted.

Bad blood and grudges are strong with consumers in this industry.
Maybe they could give the extra features, rebates, and/or new DLC content for a better version of SMASH that works on the new 3DS after a while... I mean... I really don't see why having a better version of a game is ever a bad thing in nature... It is a fact that companies improve their games and software as time goes on... That's just how technology works...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 12:00   Link #1403
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 14:33   Link #1404
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Nobody's talking about Layton VS Phoenix Wright? It's been a fun ride so far, really liking it. Avoid the hint coins though, or you'll make the game even easier than it is. They kinda toned down the difficulty for this one, but they dropped a ton of the horribly tedious math problems too. Puzzles are more logic-based than arithmetic-based.

Also, I didn't like the 3D character renditions of Dual Destinies, but the Ace Attorney pair in this one actually looks great. Really like the 3D modeling, especially for Maya. As for voices, not bad really, but Phoenix sounds a little bored most of the time and Maya sounds sort of too old. Luke's VA has changed, and although it really needs time getting used to, it honestly does sound more like an English child.

Overall, fun so far. Some pretty dark elements too, like watching witches getting burned alive as they claw at the cage trying to escape. Getting shivers here.
Old 2014-08-31, 15:42   Link #1405
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroi Sekai View Post
Nobody's talking about Layton VS Phoenix Wright? It's been a fun ride so far, really liking it. Avoid the hint coins though, or you'll make the game even easier than it is. They kinda toned down the difficulty for this one, but they dropped a ton of the horribly tedious math problems too. Puzzles are more logic-based than arithmetic-based.

Also, I didn't like the 3D character renditions of Dual Destinies, but the Ace Attorney pair in this one actually looks great. Really like the 3D modeling, especially for Maya. As for voices, not bad really, but Phoenix sounds a little bored most of the time and Maya sounds sort of too old. Luke's VA has changed, and although it really needs time getting used to, it honestly does sound more like an English child.

Overall, fun so far. Some pretty dark elements too, like watching witches getting burned alive as they claw at the cage trying to escape. Getting shivers here.
I'm not too familiar with the Professor Layton series so I didn't really pay much attention to the crossover. Maybe I should pick it up sometime.
Old 2014-08-31, 18:35   Link #1406
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm not too familiar with the Professor Layton series so I didn't really pay much attention to the crossover. Maybe I should pick it up sometime.
As long as your a fan of the Ace Attorney series, you should still find alot of enjoyment from the title...

... well, as long as you weren't too attached to Sam Riegel as Phoenix.... or aren't bugged by them calling "Maya" "Mia"...
Old 2014-09-02, 03:09   Link #1407
Westlo
Lets be reality

New 3DS is the Sega 32X lol, just a desperate stopgap... lol like Nintendo have enough studio's to handle Wii U + New 3DS output + starting work on their next handheld. There's a reason they threw a boatload of cash @ Capcom for Monster Hunter and have hired Tekken Team for Smash instead of developing it internally, contracted Platinum for 2 games, got Omega Force for Hyrule Warriors etc. Haven't people noticed the massive drop off in Nintendo titles for the 3DS since they've had to buckle down with the Wii U releases? They can't handle it because they never dealt with the HD upgrade until the Wii U like everyone else did last gen.

Xenoblade HD for the Wii U to build hype for X would've been the smart thing to do, instead of releasing a downgrade port of a Wii game for the New 3DS.

On another note the Shin Megami Tensei IV Europe price is pretty damn good, will mos def buy as soon as it hits the PAL Eshop this month.... region locking still sucks though.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 13:03   Link #1408
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Sony fanboys still believe in that weird "Nintendo bought out Capcom for Monster Hunter" rumor? Just you know, buy Frontier for the Vita.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 18:29   Link #1409
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

I actually also just bought this and this is the first game I've bought from either series and it is pretty freaking fantastic. I feel similarly about the witch stuff so far. It is pretty amazing though. I'm really enjoying the story, and the puzzles--even if I need hint coins sometimes because I end up being lazy.

This game makes me want to play some of the other games from the other series. It is certainly impressive. I also like--I think it's Mikoto Misaka's English VA-- for Maya.
Old 2014-09-02, 19:55   Link #1410
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Nintendo just unveiled the Nintendo 1DS. The screen is a tiny, single pixel that changes colors. Frankly, I think they've gone too far with this one.
Old 2014-09-02, 20:23   Link #1411
GDB

I believe that's called the WiiU Game Pad.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 20:57   Link #1412
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Really, though, single screen is missed by many. Nintendo need to bring back the Game Boy line of systems. I hope after 3DS systems are done, we get a new handheld that is a new type of Game Boy.
Old 2014-09-03, 00:49   Link #1413
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:

Layton vs. Wright is one of those rare instances where the game was released in the European region before North America region. :P
As I said in another thread, I had an absolute blast with the game, and I've enjoyed the free extra content that was released over the past few months as well.
I must say, I feel the opposite about the 3D models- I preferred the renditions in Dual Destinies over this game, but my beef is mainly with Phoenix's model, since Maya's model is pretty good.
Voices- I can agree with that, but it does make me wonder if there's any differences between the EU and NA editions in terms of voice acting (which I kind of doubt).
This was first real experience with the Layton games, so I'm tempted to go get the first four (DS) entries in the series (already have Miracle Mask, and Azran Legacy is a simple eShop purchase away), but it might buy since they're probably no longer in print (and the shutdown of the Nintendo WFC means there's no way of getting the post-story content either, which is a disincentive in my opinion).
Old 2014-09-03, 02:20   Link #1414
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Really, though, single screen is missed by many. Nintendo need to bring back the Game Boy line of systems. I hope after 3DS systems are done, we get a new handheld that is a new type of Game Boy.
As an Etrian Odyssey player, I hope they never return to 1-screen. 2 screens can be so useful.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 02:26   Link #1415
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Definitely do, they really are good games that any Ace Attorney fan should love. That's why this crossover was so...right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I actually also just bought this and this is the first game I've bought from either series and it is pretty freaking fantastic. I feel similarly about the witch stuff so far. It is pretty amazing though. I'm really enjoying the story, and the puzzles--even if I need hint coins sometimes because I end up being lazy.

This game makes me want to play some of the other games from the other series. It is certainly impressive. I also like--I think it's Mikoto Misaka's English VA-- for Maya.
In my opinion, most of the Layton stories don't really get as good as this one; Curious Village was my favourite, and Unwound Future is very nice as well. Don't miss the awesome movie by PA Works either. As for Ace Attorney, it never ever dulled for me, except for Dual Destinies, which I found a bit lackluster overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Layton vs. Wright is one of those rare instances where the game was released in the European region before North America region. :P
As I said in another thread, I had an absolute blast with the game, and I've enjoyed the free extra content that was released over the past few months as well.
I must say, I feel the opposite about the 3D models- I preferred the renditions in Dual Destinies over this game, but my beef is mainly with Phoenix's model, since Maya's model is pretty good.
Voices- I can agree with that, but it does make me wonder if there's any differences between the EU and NA editions in terms of voice acting (which I kind of doubt).
This was first real experience with the Layton games, so I'm tempted to go get the first four (DS) entries in the series (already have Miracle Mask, and Azran Legacy is a simple eShop purchase away), but it might buy since they're probably no longer in print (and the shutdown of the Nintendo WFC means there's no way of getting the post-story content either, which is a disincentive in my opinion).
It sure was a strange coincidence. Dual Destinies overall was a very weak game in comparison to the rest of the Ace Attorney games, in my opinion. The side characters were much less interesting, and it felt kind of similar for the cases overall too. I dunno, the 3D modeling of DD just kinda looks like floppy claymation pieces to me. They seemed to work better in the Layton 3D that Level-5 does. I'm actually replaying a DD case right now, and Phoenix's voice is getting to me too. Much rather liked the Layton VS. PW rendition.

Pay me no mind though, that's just my opinion.
Old 2014-09-03, 15:29   Link #1416
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I just finished the main story. THAT WAS AMAZING! Spectacular game.
Old 2014-09-03, 16:59   Link #1417
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
First a DS can play any single screen game just fine; heck a single screen game doesn't even need to make much use of the bottom screen; some games just use it to show the player info that they would normally have to pause to see. Second, a single screen system would not be backwards compatible with the DS games. Really, there just isn't any advantage to Nintendo going back to one screen.
Old 2014-09-03, 19:47   Link #1418
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
First a DS can play any single screen game just fine; heck a single screen game doesn't even need to make much use of the bottom screen; some games just use it to show the player info that they would normally have to pause to see. Second, a single screen system would not be backwards compatible with the DS games. Really, there just isn't any advantage to Nintendo going back to one screen.
They could make a big screen that can also fold up into multiple smaller screens... or something like that... individual screens which can also join into a larger screen... that way it would please everyone?
Old 2014-09-03, 21:35   Link #1419
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I want Nintendo to return to a single screen because a clamshell handheld with two screens is clunky and cumbersome and kinda heavy for a handheld. Some with just one screen can easily be lighter and something that is just more comfortable and enjoyable to hold in your hands for an hour or a few hours or even more than that.

Basically, a single screen handheld better lives up to its name (handheld) than some two screen contraption. I especially don't like the XL models of 3DS, as they are the ones that are really the clunky, heavy ones. I want the smaller New 3DS because it'll probably be more enjoyable to play on it for a long time than the big one. Although I hear it can cramp your fingers.

I want Nintendo to create a new handheld that can be comfortable to hold for long play sessions. Such a thing is so important for handheld systems. Such a thing is so much easier to accomplish when you have one screen rather than two.
Old 2014-09-03, 22:05   Link #1420
Cyprene

So just to make sure I'm understanding all this right:

Nintendo's new handheld shares a name with its previous one, which already has at least two other versions (XL, 2Ds)
Some newly released games will only work on the new handheld. Some will run on older versions, but not as well. Some will work on both versions.
The handheld doesn't come with a charger, so if you buy it at the store and don't remember to get a charger, your 200$ handheld will turn into a useless brick within a few hours of playing it.

THIS is their plan to combat their declining market share? Have they lost their damn minds?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds