AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 30.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 10.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-07, 00:59   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - , Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-11-07, 14:28   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

The degree to which Nagi's situation can be played for pathos or humor varies wildly between seasons, and it looked to lean over to the side of the dramatic this week. Though as I've previously stated, I like this plotline, and while the jokes weren't plenty, there were a few. My favorite part of the episode was probably the fractured fairly tale version of how Nagi's parents met, presented as a puppet show, and it looks like history has repeated itself with Nagi and Hayate. I'm not sure what this Black Camellia is, but there's plenty of episodes left to go. And at least Ruri's agenda is out in the open now. I think the theme of this season is coming to light. So, looking forward to the coming weeks.
Old 2012-11-07, 17:02   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So finally we get the main plot going, I must say it wasn't that uninteresting when they actually got down to it. I wish they had go about alot of things differently up to this point but it's probably be a chore to repeat myself again.

My only complaint this time is that doing this weird thing where both Nagi and Tsugumi rotate between being clueless/childish and being smart/mature and it's not very well defined in my opinion; in fact it's kinda jarring but whatever.

The best part was definitely the story of how Nagi's parents met; not the most original but it's a tried and true formula that works, especially in this context. I laughed at Yukariko's .44 magnum; with her frail body that hand cannon is more likely to kill her first
Old 2012-11-07, 21:52   Link #4
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I seldom criticise Kugyu's work, but her voice-acting this week wasn't very consistent. The early scenes concerning Nagi's dream and her subsequent waking up were spot on, but subsequent scenes seemed to oscillate between a voice that's too deep and then back to Nagi's voice.
Old 2012-11-07, 22:08   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I seldom criticise Kugyu's work, but her voice-acting this week wasn't very consistent. The early scenes concerning Nagi's dream and her subsequent waking up were spot on, but subsequent scenes seemed to oscillate between a voice that's too deep and then back to Nagi's voice.

I would imagine it has to do with this weird back and forth between Nagi's cynical-mature personality and her clueless-childish nature.
Old 2012-11-08, 11:57   Link #6
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Seriously , the drama about Nagi's father feel so dumb & forced.... when it happens the bgm doesn't help too...
Old 2012-11-09, 08:42   Link #7
Sol Falling

Not a bad ep. The beginning hand me feeling like Nagi's father was pure slime and Yukariko got taken advantage of, which kind of tired me out and made me feel annoyed at the episode, but I guess the twist with Yukariko in the middle somewhat managed to save it. More importantly, the format of the play (combined with the opening and ending play) was pretty well-down and charming.

I have to admit that I am compelled by little-sister moe when I hear Tsugumi calling Nagi 'onee-chan'. I like their interactions in that context together; I'm wondering if I should hope that Tsugumi becomes an established/reoccurring character. This development/relationship could go a fair way in accentuating Nagi's gut-level appeal for me; Hayate has never particularly managed to become a character-driven series for me, but my present favourites are probably Maria and Athena.

Back to the episode, Yukariko herself could probably be called one of the lynchpins behind the entire greater Hayate plot at the moment, so yes, as of this episode, I was definitely paying full attention. The new anime series in this sense does not disappoint. I will look forward to the conclusion of the anime.
Old 2012-11-09, 19:20   Link #8
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

This series is constantly hanging around a "not bad, but not good" centerpoint. They try at comedy and it works about one-in-three or four times. I know the original Hayate series didn't exactly have a plot and was like ten billion episodes long, but they did put something in at the end.

What were we doing here in the 12 episode timeframe? Who is the plot's main focus? It's not Nagi since she's there to be herself from the original series. It's not Hayate for the same reason. It's not any of the original side characters. Is it Ruri? That's hard to see, as she's locked away for episodes at a time by Nagi herself.

Since there's some quite inconsistent comedy, I'd like to have a set plot to follow.