Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-27, 09:50   Link #1
pinomustfly

Berserk manga - worth reading?

Hi.

I recently fnished watching the Berserk anime, and I think it was a really good one. I liked it more than the first Hellsing anime (somehow, I connect Berserk with Hellsing, dont know why).

So, I wondered; is it worth for me to buy the manga and read it? Does it have the same storyline as the anime? If not, what ae the differences? Major sttuff, or just minor?

How long is the manga compared to the anime?

I would like to know everything .
Old 2006-02-27, 12:51   Link #2
Budweineken
Crap

Of course it's worth reading, and it's alot longer than the anime, still ongoing.

You should read it from the beginning because some important elements and characters were omited in the anime. I know you don't feel like reading something you've already seen in anime, I felt the same. But I did managed to start from the beginning after watching the anime, and it was worth it.
Old 2006-02-27, 13:34   Link #3
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
You have to read it from the start like Budweineken said it has alot of missing things in the manga that was not in the anime plus the art style, the story all get more and more controversial but very addicting........to bad it takes to long to come out...........Look at my sig for some samples of what you will see.
Old 2006-02-27, 13:51   Link #4
pinomustfly

Sounds good.

But the anime has ended, and the manga is still being made. Does this mean that the manga has/will have a different ending than the anime?
Old 2006-02-27, 14:39   Link #5
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacco
Sounds good.

But the anime has ended, and the manga is still being made. Does this mean that the manga has/will have a different ending than the anime?
Duh.

Old 2006-02-27, 16:20   Link #6
pinomustfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
Duh.

Arigato. That helped me lots .
Old 2006-02-27, 16:52   Link #7
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

You must read it, they did cut some part's out from the manga in the show, so reading from begining is pretty good.

If you are hoping something good with casca and Gut's
Spoiler:

The manga itself is more gory and more harsh on the content than the anime. The manga is goes more indepth, it's sad at how long it take's for it to come out, and the manga has been going on for about 14 years or so now, I really hope for this manga to finish, so they can make a Berserk OVA or something like the Hellsing Ultimate.
Old 2006-02-28, 04:44   Link #8
SomeName
~ notoriously off topic ~

I really enjoyed the anime and decided to go on to read the manga as well. The manga goes on several volumes beyond what the anime covers.

In my opinion, whether or not you'll enjoy reading the manga depends on what you liked in the anime. If you liked the darker elements, and some of the uhh... enemies... at the end of the anime, you might get a kick out of the manga. For me though, I really liked the medieval world and comradery depicted in the anime... and for that reason the manga didn't appeal to me as much as the anime did.
Closed Thread