AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-01-05, 17:32   Link #181
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyKyon View Post
Anyhow, I would like to see a thread about Kamijou Touma's financial troubles posted, such as asking "why doesn't he get paid, his financial future etc" etc
You can do that in his character thread though.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-01-05 at 21:13. Reason: removed off-topic from quote
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 18:03   Link #182
GodlyKyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You can do that in his character thread though.
Looks like I just did.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-01-05 at 21:13. Reason: removed off-topic
GodlyKyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 19:46   Link #183
GodlyKyon

Actually, the other thread idea I had was to discuss the aging of the characters, or reports of. Stiyl being 14 yrs old is ridiculous. As well as many of the lolis that are in control in the series.
GodlyKyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 15:38   Link #184
Miraluka
Banned

Can be a new image thread be opened?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 21:08   Link #185
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Can be a new image thread be opened?
How can we keep it on-topic and prevent it from being a repeat of last time?
Old 2015-01-23, 21:14   Link #186
DLH VII
Itsuka Kotori's Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
How can we keep it on-topic and prevent it from being a repeat of last time?
Encouraging quotes and preventing comments that do not fit the pretext of the images?
Old 2015-01-23, 21:21   Link #187
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLH VII View Post
Encouraging quotes and preventing comments that do not fit the pretext of the images?
Well, that's no different than the usual rules. Image threads are for images, not for off-topic chat. But in the last image thread, no matter how many times this was asked and enforced, in no time it was back to the old ways. I'm not sure the staff have the time to manually moderate each post one at a time.
Old 2015-01-23, 21:34   Link #188
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, if the Image Thread is gonna stay locked, then why not just delete it? No one's gonna be able to use it anyway.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 21:34   Link #189
DLH VII
Itsuka Kotori's Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, that's no different than the usual rules. Image threads are for images, not for off-topic chat. But in the last image thread, no matter how many times this was asked and enforced, in no time it was back to the old ways. I'm not sure the staff have the time to manually moderate each post one at a time.
I can even understand. This site has no warnings system, not even the report button could be useful for this. I would even suggest to put up a user in this board as a moderator at undercover, but that would not work.

If users had common sense to know that, making off-topic comments, the topic would close, everything would be perfect. But no one knows how to do it.
Old 2015-01-24, 00:52   Link #190
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think, as moderators, you need to accept that image threads will, by nature, have some chatter in them besides images. Images tend to spark commentary and ideas that people discuss. The real trick is making sure it doesn't go overboard, like redirecting offtopic tangents to appropriate threads, like maybe the Fanfiction thread if an image sparks a story idea, or to a respective character discussion thread if it sparks dialogue about a specific character.

But if you're going to refuse to let anyone comment at all on an image thread, you're asking for the impossible.
Old 2015-01-24, 02:19   Link #191
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

It all depends on what the purpose of the thread was in the beginning.

Just taking a quick look at the OP of the thread and I immediately find:

Quote:
Some things to remember when posting:
  • The purpose of this thread is to post images and discuss things directly related to said images.
  • You may not carry on discussions related to shipping, pairings, or upcoming fanfiction/doujin in Image Threads
  • We do not allow the sharing of high-resolution art-book and untranslated manga/novels scans or CG taken directly from games.
  • You should give appropriate credit to the creator of the image whenever possible.
  • Please use space-separated thumbnails for very large images; do not post large images in-line.
  • Do not "hide" images behind old-style spoiler tags.
So some discussion is allowed. The question then becomes: how much?

I thought that there was roughly equal amounts of people responding to images and people making off-topic posts. The problem was that there was more of these posts than actual images.

Roughly 20% of the posts were images; much too low. This also means that about 40% of posts were getting to be completely off-topic.

There were also problems of people posting images that some people couldn't see as well as not hiding spoiler or large images behind tags.

The problem of moderation is also noted. My idea is to make some trusted users who frequent these particular subforums and threads into temp moderators. That should ease the workload; even if site policy regarding this would need to be written from the ground up as well as temp mods not being a normal function for the site itself or in the staff's interests....

Or we could flat out ban any text only posts; making it mandatory to post a relevant image if continuing a conversation.

We could also work on promoting the social group as a place for general chat as opposed to topic and subject specific threads.

Just throwing some ideas around here. We've lost 3 rather important threads in this subforum for conversation and I don't want to lose any more.
Old 2015-01-24, 06:24   Link #192
Miraluka
Banned

I think that the undercover mods could work.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 07:21   Link #193
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Or we could flat out ban any text only posts; making it mandatory to post a relevant image if continuing a conversation.
Well, just as a side-note, the mods aren't stupid (not saying you were accusing of that of course). There were plenty of posts in that thread that were continuing a derail or off-topic tangent and then were like "oh lel on-topic <random image>". That's like the ultimate in token compliance, and doesn't really help other than maintaining some sort of image count.

Anyway, as was noted it's not that no discussion is allowed, but that thread frequently got out of hand and branched off into all sorts of topics that really don't belong in the image thread, and some of them don't really belong on the forum in general (like shipping wars, etc.).

The truth is that every member can report posts. You don't need to be given some sort of special power or authority by the staff. But that probably implies that the whole community understands what the expectations are and agree to abide by them. If people's preferred discussion format is anything goes/random chat, then there's a bit of a disconnect. To me, the whole point of a sub-forum having multiple threads is that each thread has one topic and people who go into that thread should expect to find conversations about that topic. They shouldn't have to "keep up with the chat" just to know whatever the latest thing people are talking about is, because that's what the topic is supposed to tell you. When threads get like this, the problem is that a lot of people don't keep up with the chat, and so then you get repeated topics, cyclic discussion, and so on.

Sometimes I think we literally need some sort of embedded group chat sort of feature so that there can literally be a "running chat room" that gives you the ability to scroll back up and so on. Forums aren't IM/texts or Twitter, but I think some people are more used to that these days.

Anyway, I'll keep thinking about how we might approach it and listen for more ideas. I'll also consult with the rest of the staff to see if they have ideas too.
Old 2015-05-11, 23:19   Link #194
Malazan

Hi, I'm looking for a fanart from To Aru Majutsu no Index, the artwork is Misaki and Misaka kissing and Misaki's cringing a little and tugging her dress forward. Both characters are wearing school uniforms.

So, can I start a question thread for this or is there an existing thread? I really would like the question stayed in the To Aru Majutsu no Index board, because I doubt it can be solved anywhere else.
Malazan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 23:26   Link #195
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malazan View Post
Hi, I'm looking for a fanart from To Aru Majutsu no Index, the artwork is Misaki and Misaka kissing and Misaki's cringing a little and tugging her dress forward. Both characters are wearing school uniforms.

So, can I start a question thread for this or is there an existing thread? I really would like the question stayed in the To Aru Majutsu no Index board, because I doubt it can be solved anywhere else.
You'd have better luck by asking in the image thread. This is the thread when we ask the mods to make new threads for general Index topics and other things.
Old 2015-05-11, 23:37   Link #196
Malazan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
You'd have better luck by asking in the image thread. This is the thread when we ask the mods to make new threads for general Index topics and other things.
Thanks for the reply. Ironically, I spent maybe 3 hours searching for this image and 10 minutes after posting the question here, I stumbled onto the image on Google.

For those that are interested to see the image: https://41.media.tumblr.com/1f2e8d7e...4wvno1_500.jpg

Found a larger one: http://blog-imgs-71.fc2.com/a/y/u/ay...724161_208.jpg
Malazan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 00:16   Link #197
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I request that a new thread be opened for the recently announced [PS4/PSV] game, Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On. Even though we already have a games thread, I feel that this game is such a significant departure in terms of content and which fanbases will be interested in it that deserves its own thread.

Post #893 onwards from the current Games thread should be moved to the new thread. With the first post being the announcement post.

===

As for the current To Aru Seres video Gams thread, its original purpose was to discuss the Index and Railgun PSP games from ages ago. It then shifted into some of the recent mobile games such as Ensemble, Struggle Battle and Puzzdex.

In the interest of keeping this going, the current Games thread should be repurposed to either a Legacy Games thread or a PSP/Mobile games thread.
Old 2017-04-19, 13:43   Link #198
relentlessflame

*Administrator

For now I think probably just having the one games thread is fine, as there really isn't much going on, and I don't suspect Virtual On will get much discussion here. But we'll see what happens going forward.
Old 2017-10-01, 01:24   Link #199
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

Index S3 confirmed and a 2018 "To Aru Project" has begun.
For the love of god, new thread for discussion please!!
Old 2017-10-01, 01:24   Link #200
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...r-2018/.122108

We're back baby!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
request, requests