AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-08-24, 11:58   Link #841
Psyco Diver

Ran into a few Nelsons with my Colorado, no big deal to deal with, the more fires they set on my the more dangerous I become thanks to AR but the HE spam is real from them.

Their permanently discontinuing the Konig Albert because it was totally not OP, glad I got mine a while back
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 13:39   Link #842
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I haven't been active in WOWS these past couple of days due to real-life priorities (therefore, I missed the Nelson's launch in 0.6.9.1), but I've already noticed that the new British BBs I occasionally encountered relied a lot on HE to wreak havoc on their enemy counterparts, sometimes to my very own frustration (I'm thinking about getting Fire Prevention for some of my BBs, but I'm still uncertain whether I'm better off saving the points for AFT or BFT instead).

Either way, the RN BB's (over)reliance on HE won't probably be as frustrating as their exceptionally high HP recovery ability, unless WG decides to nerf it before launch and restrict it to premiums like the Nelson and Warspite.
Old 2017-08-26, 12:19   Link #843
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

(pardon the double-post!)

Holy Mother of Christ, this game almost put me in defibrillation.

I almost got myself a Kraken, but that other Montana's last morsel of HP decided to burn to a crisp before my 16'' super heavies could deal the coup de grâce, and the Moskva I was fighting bullishly, bow-tanked till the very end, thus increasing his TTK. Still, the match netted me $760K and I got first place. O_O

Yes, I admit it, I had help from a Wyvern and a Zulu, but after seeing the windfall, I feel no shame! I regret nothing!

...Oh, and I got my three (not yet in my port) free RN BBs. Time to kick back a bit. *collapses*
Old 2017-08-26, 12:22   Link #844
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Graf Zeppelin is really underwhelming.
I met one with my Enterprise the other day, and it was really easy pickings.

Even if it wasn't the guys first game in a CV ever (because there is no other explaination for it given how I even told him to press ALT on his planes to increase my own fun there), the planes were just too easy and partly even lost against my DBs AA.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:36   Link #845
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, there's kind of a sh**storm brewing in the community over this ship, and iChaseGaming just got kicked out of the Contributor Community for criticizing the devs in his GZ review video. WG really seems to draw a red line when it comes to personnel: you may diss the content all you want, but never go after the employees or it's going to be your a**.
Old 2017-08-27, 03:54   Link #846
AC-Phoenix
Detective

To be fair thouhg: If they put in AP bombs on that ship, then the Enterprise will need a buff - because the GZ has TVIII planes.
They could for example let us research better planes for 300k XP per and make the cost 5M.

Reason:
Lets be honest the enterprise Top drop pattern is ..... and moreover its planes so slow they take forever to land if you take the captain skill that increases their HP while returning too (which I personally cconsider a bug, as it doesn't mention the landing itself.)
Maion argument against it is that the Enterprise could then use 1600kt bombs which irt needs against T10 anyway.
If that would really be such a problem they could just make special Helldivers for the enterprise, just with SBD ordenance.

At Least the fighters should imho be upgradable.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2017-08-27 at 04:07.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 21:49   Link #847
Psyco Diver

New Mexico review is up

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/to...ew-new-mexico/
Old 2017-08-30, 22:26   Link #848
Psyco Diver

I'm taking a break, the HE spam is bad and I just can't do it with this load of crap with the RN BBs. I'll come back in a couple weeks maybe I dunno but WG really needs to stop with this "national flavor" stuff, they don't even do this in WoT to the degree WoWS does
Old 2017-08-31, 02:29   Link #849
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I am likewise nurturing more than a few concerns about the new RN BB line. The combination of high stealth, very high heal and high firestarting values sound like an all-inclusive package of frustration I'm not sure I want to deal with, either, and the initial public curiosity generated by 0.6.10.0 (due today) will probably amp it all to 11 on the servers. I had a couple duels with RN BBs before, and it wasn't much fun as they kept setting me afire from afar (it's no surprise some of the community contributors call the RN BBs "Mega-Zao's" now - it's just THAT bad). Sure, they have by design measly torpedo protection and high-tier RN BBs switch to the "all or nothing" armor scheme, but the line's "national flavor" offsets those downsides quite a bit: the RN AA is quite good and mitigates the aerial torpedo threat quite a bit, and the high heals easily makes up for the "poor" armor.

Hopefully, a 0.6.10.1 update will soon enough come to nerf some of these values and make the ships less of a nuisance for the rest of the teams.
Old 2017-08-31, 05:04   Link #850
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

They really need to nerf the damage and fire chance of RN BB's HE and increase the penetration values for AP. Because as they are, unless you're at suicidal range (less than 8-10km) and have a broadside target, you have little hope of penetrating anything that's got halfway decent armor, mostly BBs and a few well-armored cruisers. In other words, there's not much incentive to do anything but HE spam when sailing an RN BB. It's almost like they're the opposite of their own cruiser line, though not necessarily in a good way. While it's cool that it doesn't overpenetrate DDs, the loss of effectiveness on AP ammo really hurts if you're forced into a mid-range brawl with another BB (at around 10-14km). I had a few times in my Queen Elizabeth (my current highest RN BB) where I could barely scratch same-tier BBs even when they were broadside, and it wasn't due to dispersion or bad aim. The AP shells just shattered on the armor. Kinda frustrating. It made me switch back to HE, which shouldn't make any sense for BBs, but that short fuse means you're better off spamming HE at superstructures rather than trying to citadel enemy BBs.

Other than their stupid ammunition characteristics, the ships themselves otherwise feel kinda similar in play-style to the American BBs, in the idea that the lower-to-mid tier BBs are sluggish but tough, and the higher tiers are faster but more lightly armored. I of course have only gotten to the Q. Elizabeth thus far, but I imagine that the higher-tier RN BBs handle similarly to the HMS Hood, since their specs are vaguely similar.
Old 2017-08-31, 06:43   Link #851
Newhope

The RN battleships are garbage, I'am absolutely wrecking them with other battleships.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 09:27   Link #852
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ugh...not only did they delay the release due to an unforeseen update issue, but now the server's overloaded due to the s**t-ton of players logging in and I can't join a match no matter what type of ship I switch to (I was trying to get some captain points for my Minekaze).

*glances at premium counter* Hate wasting paid-for time like this...

EDIT: finally!
Old 2017-09-01, 10:00   Link #853
Psyco Diver

Looks like the official forums are saying the fire chance is to high, that's unusual for them to be agreeing
Old 2017-09-01, 12:02   Link #854
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I had my first couple of matches in the Iron Duke and boy do I hate that ship: it's like sailing on an oversized iron clog, ungainly and slow AF (that turret traverse speed...ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)...urgh). I've already unlocked hull B, but I've come to dislike it so much I'm not even sure I'll dish the $ for the upgrade and I might just free-XP the rest. To be honest, though: my misgivings are mostly owed to the fact that I've mostly relocated to T6+, have been utterly spoiled by more modern (faster, longer-reached and more precise) warships...and consequently completely forgotten how to play the earlier dreadnoughts and super-dreadnoughts.

I just hope that Queen Elizabeth will be better, but I have a gut feeling I will only start enjoying the RN BB line once I get myself to the King George V.

Aside from that, there are so many battleships online these past couple of days that the queue times seem to have taken quite a hit. Usually I jump into a match right off the bat, but now I find myself more and more frequently compelled to Alt+Tab and do something else.

P.S. Apparently, they nerfed the Conqueror's dispersion upon 0.6.10's release, thus making the Montana a bit more competitive and relevant.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2017-09-01 at 12:23.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 10:58   Link #855
Psyco Diver

Took my Clemson out for some clubbing last night, like usual she was a blast but that RN BB HE was terrible though I got hit once and not only took most of my HP but took out my engine, rudder, torpedo tubes and 2 guns.
Old 2017-09-03, 14:53   Link #856
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I have a bit of a quandary at the moment. I currently have several ships I could free-XP (~45FXP available), but there's only enough allowance for one, and each of the possibilities has its own caveats.

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Of course, I could keep hoarding the FXP for my T9 cruisers (FXP taken into account, my Baltimore would then only be 22K XP away from the Des Moines). The Edinburgh has been too frustrating these past few days to offer any enticement (that thing's main gun range is WAY too short, and the British stick to the 152mm caliber even though the rest of the world has emigrated to 203mm!).

So, what would you advise?
Old 2017-09-03, 17:29   Link #857
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I have a bit of a quandary at the moment. I currently have several ships I could free-XP (~45FXP available), but there's only enough allowance for one, and each of the possibilities has its own caveats.

TL;DR…

Of course, I could keep hoarding the FXP for my T9 cruisers (FXP taken into account, my Baltimore would then only be 22K XP away from the Des Moines). The Edinburgh has been too frustrating these past few days to offer any enticement (that thing's main gun range is WAY too short, and the British stick to the 152mm caliber even though the rest of the world has emigrated to 203mm!).

1. Can't say yet, I'm not there yet either

2. Hard to say if the Gneisenau is a upgrade really, I found it quite boring to play because she is a one trick pony. Unless you want to grind it but since you have a Bismark already I would personally just ignore it

3. Sounds like a good plan I love my Bismark and I hear Freddy is a blast to sail

4. Again another good option as it is a pretty decent cruiser BUT personally I'm holding off on cruisers till the RN BB thing fades some because getting citted and half my modules knocked out isn't fun

5. You could keep both since you like the La Galissonnière

6 and 7 I can't comment much on since I suck at IJN DDs
Old 2017-09-03, 22:01   Link #858
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post

TL;DR…

1. Having played just a handful of games with Iron Duke, I'm not keen on it either.
I'm just about ready to drop the free exp to go straight to KGV.

2. Like Psyco Driver says, since you have the Bismarck theres really little point in going for Gneisenau, certain no point in wasting free exp for it.
Since you have the shinyhorse already(which is a better ship anyway, can get round to grinding that whenever you can be bothered)

3. I wouldn't bother using free exp for Freddy when ur that close, since Bismarck is a great ship to use(I'm quite biased tbh but it's far off the truth)

4. If you really don't like the Nurnberg and just want to be done with it then go ahead, I personally didn't like the Nurn, however I did grind it out since it wasn't a big grind.
I found the Yorck to be decent, it was very inconsistent for perform wise but it does have nice guns for the tier.
Saying that I'm glad I pushed through the line(Yorck was very slow grind for me) the Roon and Hindenburg are fantastic ships to play.

5. can't say much here as I'm still on Emile Bertin atm, don't have the credits for La Gal atm but I have enjoyed the line so far.
Looking forward to go through the line again once I gather up some credits.

6. I did not like the Hatsuharu at all, it was just not nice to play.
I played 4 games in it before I jumped ship to Shiratsuyu, that was a much better step up and still have it.
Be warned if your aiming for the Akizuki it plays very differently to anything else in the IJN DD lines and you will want to build a captain for it rather than what comes before.

7. It's T4 Isokaze > T5 Mutsuki > T6 Fubuki which I can't honestly recall what the ships were like but couldn't have been too bad if I managed to get through it.
As I'm told by my clan leader Shima is great ship so one day I will grind out the line more but I'm forever stuck at Akatsuki sadly.

I would try and keep your free exp for now, I don't see anything that would really warrant it unless you truly despise any ship you currently playing.
Try and save the exp for module upgrades when you get a new ship, so your not stuck with stock in first game.
Old 2017-09-03, 23:55   Link #859
Psyco Diver

Tier 6 Battleship Fuso Review is up https://forum.worldofwarships.com/to...p-review-fuso/
Old 2017-09-04, 02:24   Link #860
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
1. Can't say yet, I'm not there yet either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
1. Having played just a handful of games with Iron Duke, I'm not keen on it either.
I'm just about ready to drop the free exp to go straight to KGV.
I'm just about certain the KGV is where the British line starts to get enjoyable, but the predecessor ships seem to be a pain.

Quote:
2. Hard to say if the Gneisenau is a upgrade really, I found it quite boring to play because she is a one trick pony. Unless you want to grind it but since you have a Bismark already I would personally just ignore it
Quote:
2. Like Psyco Driver says, since you have the Bismarck theres really little point in going for Gneisenau, certain no point in wasting free exp for it.
Since you have the shinyhorse already(which is a better ship anyway, can get round to grinding that whenever you can be bothered)
I was curious as to what the playstyle difference between Gneisenau and Scharnhorst was. I enjoyed the Scharnhorst at the beginning but now seem to have some trouble with it (the lack of AA even compels me to trade ASM1 for an AAGM2, even though the wiki states ASM1 is the best one of the lot). But if the guns behave like the Bayern's (though the hull is much better and more mobile), then I guess the Gneis can be skipped.

Quote:
3. Sounds like a good plan I love my Bismark and I hear Freddy is a blast to sail
Quote:
3. I wouldn't bother using free exp for Freddy when ur that close, since Bismarck is a great ship to use(I'm quite biased tbh but it's far off the truth)
Bismarck is okay, I seem to do better with Tirpitz (I also like having torps for close encounters). As for the FXP thing, I'm still 67K away from the FdG...but if I subtract my 45K FXP from the difference, I only have 22K to go.

Quote:
4. Again another good option as it is a pretty decent cruiser BUT personally I'm holding off on cruisers till the RN BB thing fades some because getting citted and half my modules knocked out isn't fun
Quote:
4. If you really don't like the Nurnberg and just want to be done with it then go ahead, I personally didn't like the Nurn, however I did grind it out since it wasn't a big grind.
I found the Yorck to be decent, it was very inconsistent for perform wise but it does have nice guns for the tier.
Saying that I'm glad I pushed through the line(Yorck was very slow grind for me) the Roon and Hindenburg are fantastic ships to play.
Yes, there is an excess of BBs and a dearth of DDs and CAs/CLs (at least on certain tiers) on the EU server, which can be quite annoying. I might consider the Yorck, if I don't already decide to get the FdG.

Quote:
5. You could keep both since you like the La Galissonnière
Quote:
5. can't say much here as I'm still on Emile Bertin atm, don't have the credits for La Gal atm but I have enjoyed the line so far.
Looking forward to go through the line again once I gather up some credits.
I'm considering keeping La Galissonnière, but since I'm grinding multiple lines, I also do sell ships to refloat my finances. We'll see. But as I said, LG is quite good as a DD and CA/CL hunter.

Quote:
7. It's T4 Isokaze > T5 Mutsuki >
Yeah, I kinda got the ships mixed up there. I'm keeping the Isokaze in my port ATM, as I use it for some missions (like the last few that had "sink (x) ships of this specific class" criteria).

Quote:
I would try and keep your free exp for now, I don't see anything that would really warrant it unless you truly despise any ship you currently playing.
Try and save the exp for module upgrades when you get a new ship, so your not stuck with stock in first game.
I'll keep that option in mind. I could also save the FXP to get to the Des Moines (only 22K left, if I add my 45K FXP to my current tally), since it doesn't have any upgrades to unlock. I'm still 4M credits short of the mark, but if I sell my Baltimore, that can easily be recouped (I'll need the dough for a full set of Mods, anyway).

EDIT: to be honest, there are only two-three grind ships I...despise...right now.
1. Edinburgh, for reasons mentioned in my previous post.
2. Iron Duke. 'Nuff said.
3. Nurnberg.
I've had some trouble adjusting to the Izumo's all-forward turret configuration, but not to the point where I've come to hate it with a passion; in the right situation, I can dish a lot of damage on enemy BBs and CAs/CLs.

EDIT bis: holy crap, I don't regret spending ~45K FXP (still have ~30K FXP I could use for the aforementioned upgrade ships, especially the FdG, the Algérie or the Yorck) on the Des Moines. I just had my first match in it and it rocked my socks off.

I was so eager to try this new ship I even forgot to swap the Catapult Fighter with Surveillance Radar, and sailed without either camo OR signal flags (which I should have, since its captain, freshly transferred from the Baltimore, is still under a 50% skill penalty!). Stupid, stupid me.

But...wow, dying meant my net profit is actually roughly 1/3 of my gross $ reward, and I don't think I'll spend ~20€ for that Type 20 perma-camo. I need to get better in this ship. T_T

Last edited by Renegade334; 2017-09-05 at 04:13.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naval warfare, warships