AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-26, 04:00   Link #1
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

White Album 2 ~Shiawase no Mukougawa~

As the PS Vita is coming near and the anime is also being aired
to avoid spoilering of the game inside anime thread, maybe we should just talk in here
I have searched for the thread that talk about this but I haven't found it.... While this game is actually very famous but I guess not many people here play this I think

here is the PS Vita site
The only thing that I heard which makes PS3 version and PS Vita version is that in PS Vita version there's an option to make it into novel version where it will show wall of text which will make the character portrait disappear and the other one is a warning icon for a scene that can make player to cry based on vote by fans
source here
and last is the important one.... it include nintengo of Kazusa and Setsuna for the limited edition~
I doubt there's another extra scenario or scene for this version... but still hoping for it

The translation is on progress here
Hope for people to join in again.... just ask velocity (I think I saw him here too) if want to join
I think I can finish IC before the anime ends

actually I want to discuss about the game songs too in here
like what you thought about a certain song and its lyrics as it all had a meaning related to the series (Todokanai Koi and Closing has already had a definite answer)
Spoiler for :

If I miss the thread that had been made, pls tell me or just merge it
hope for a nice discussion

oh and while at it... as this is a promise question.... pls mention which faction you are (Kazusa or Setsuna)

I'm Kazusa faction though

Addition:
This game is categorized as the best VN from here link
I don't really know if it's reliable enough, some people said that this site a bit reliable for japanese site (well its still based on each person's preference though)

Last edited by Leon_Lelouch; 2013-10-27 at 10:06.
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 08:40   Link #2
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Is there any difference with the original other than no H-scenes?
Old 2013-10-26, 12:22   Link #3
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

The PS3 and PSV version has an extended scenario for Kazusa's normal end (also called as Uwaki Route in PS3 and PSV version)
Old 2013-10-26, 22:48   Link #4
Key Board
Carbon

Isn't the Vita version the exact same version as the PS3 version?
and rather than this, I'm still waiting for a fandisc

Pillow Talk is not enough...
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 22:57   Link #5
Mazryonh

Can we talk about the original PC version here too?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 09:45   Link #6
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

lol, pillow talk is just like self talking, not really satisfied enough with it
but.... I guess fandisc maybe will lower the impact of the ending so that's why they're not making it at all.... (not like I'm agains the making of it though)

Why not? the difference is that PC version has H-scene while PS3 remove that but extend one of the route scenario, not that much different haha
Old 2013-10-27, 14:27   Link #7
Key Board
Carbon

I can think of several ideas for Kazusa FD
Spoiler:

I think it just writes itself
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-10-29 at 15:27.
Old 2013-10-27, 14:46   Link #8
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for reply to stuff in spoilers:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 15:03   Link #9
Key Board
Carbon

pillow talk hints what will happen

Spoiler:

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-10-29 at 15:26.
Old 2013-10-28, 02:35   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for timeskip issues in anime:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 10:59   Link #11
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for timeskip issues in anime:
Note: I haven't played all of CC yet because I'm lazy/busy

Spoiler for CC timeline:
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 13:25   Link #12
MJK55

Spoiler for WA1 and WA2 Timelines:
MJK55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 16:31   Link #13
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-10-29 at 15:25.
Old 2013-10-28, 20:53   Link #14
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
The translation is on progress here
Hope for people to join in again.... just ask velocity (I think I saw him here too) if want to join
I wouldn't hold your breath on the WA2 translation. This thread on the vndb website claims that it's little better than a machine translation.

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Did you mean to say that happened in the CC section? I doubt any of the CC heroines met the IC characters during IC itself, because technically the CC heroines hadn't been created yet when IC was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I can think of several ideas for Kazusa FD
Spoiler:

I think it just writes itself
I can think of a few things that could go into a "reverse-port" that transferred the new material from the PS3 version back into PC version to entice newcomers to buy it (assuming this is released after the WA2 anime has completely aired, CC and all).

First, I'm sure some of us would like to see just what happened to Youko Touma (AKA "We-Swear-She's-Totally-Not-Faye-Valentine"), Kazusa's mother, when Kazusa was conceived. It could be a tragic love story all its own as to why Kazusa's father is not in his daughter's life. Maybe Youko Touma loved the wrong man and thought he would stay in her life rather than leaving her a single mother. A real-life case can be found in Japanese celebrity news in the case of Miki Ando, a Japanese Olympic figure skater who had a daughter she refuses to publicly disclose the father of. Assuming this hypothetical PC version is 18+ (and there's no reason why it shouldn't be), I'm sure Rio Natsuki (Youko's seiyuu) will oblige--she has made (censored) noises before, in her role as Lucy Maria Misora in the To Heart 2 XRATED (yes, that is part of the actual title) PC port.

Spoiler for Possible spoilers for CODA?:
By the way, for those of you who have read the "Extra Episode" that builds on one of the three CODA routes, would this be a nice addition to it?

Spoiler for Spoilers for the Extra Episode:
Old 2013-10-28, 23:15   Link #15
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I wouldn't hold your breath on the WA2 translation. This thread on the vndb website claims that it's little better than a machine translation.
Moogy has always had the habit of being an arrogant prick who loves to over exaggerate and put down others but his points about those are valid admittedly.

You should note however that isn't all Velocity has done and I haven't actually seen the rest of his work yet. Personally, I did only a small bit of the latter part of the translation while the beginning was mainly Hikari's work and our bits are largely ok.

Anyway, the TL is effectively dead. I don't know if Velocity is resuming but Hikari and I effectively stopped long ago.
Old 2013-10-28, 23:57   Link #16
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:

Did you mean to say that happened in the CC section? I doubt any of the CC heroines met the IC characters during IC itself, because technically the CC heroines hadn't been created yet when IC was released.

I can think of a few things that could go into a "reverse-port" that transferred the new material from the PS3 version back into PC version to entice newcomers to buy it (assuming this is released after the WA2 anime has completely aired, CC and all).

Spoiler for Possible spoilers for CODA?:
By the way, for those of you who have read the "Extra Episode" that builds on one of the three CODA routes, would this be a nice addition to it?

Spoiler for Spoilers for the Extra Episode:
Well I just hope that the translation can at least invite people who don't know Japanese to at least know and enjoy playing WA2

After playing Chiaki route, IC route will have another change after the school festival in which Chiaki would have a scene talking with Takeya

Spoiler for Takeya:

Spoiler for coda:

something I realized about coda
Spoiler for cc to coda:
Old 2013-10-29, 01:47   Link #17
Key Board
Carbon

Mazryonh
They made it very clear in that expanded route that
Spoiler:

You aren't the only one who had that idea. In fact there's several fanfics that dealt with that theme. Like this doujin for instance

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=29149343

I think Maruto read some of "those himself and decided. "No, this isn't the point of this route", and shot it down in the expanded version.
Quote:
something I realized about coda
Spoiler for cc to coda:
Chiaki/Koharu/Mari version of Coda?

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-10-29 at 15:24.
Old 2013-10-29, 07:22   Link #18
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

yeah, their route...
well, there's a slim chance for Mari route though
Spoiler for mari route:

and about that
Spoiler for closing Chiaki:

looks like if discussing about this, so many spoiler that is being discussed lol
Old 2013-11-05, 14:45   Link #19
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Anyway, the TL is effectively dead. I don't know if Velocity is resuming but Hikari and I effectively stopped long ago.
That's too bad; any chance you could find more people, especially since the mangagamer revolution now allows fan-translations to receive commercial sanction? And I would think that "frown power" among those in the VN community with real Japanese fluency would discourage anyone from using shortcuts like machine translation, especially given how limited that avenue is.

Quote:
After playing Chiaki route, IC route will have another change after the school festival in which Chiaki would have a scene talking with Takeya
Nice of them to include that. Would it be a spoiler to reveal what Chiaki said to Takeya? What year is she compared to Haruki? And does Koharu also appear in IC if you complete her route in CC? Being at least three years younger than Haruki, she should be in middle school by then, so does that disqualify her from being in or around Houjou Gakuen in IC's time?

Quote:
Spoiler for coda:
Tragedy is supposed to be cathartic, and what we're discussing is hardly new to VNs. Key loved using similar stuff in Clannad, for instance. And besides, capitalizing on Haruki's suffering is a good way to show "you picked the wrong route, sucker" for the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Mazryonh
Spoiler:

You aren't the only one who had that idea. In fact there's several fanfics that dealt with that theme.
Of course it's not an uncommon idea; that sort of thing can happen even against all odds. And why did she want such a thing to happen, again? Was it explained in the game?

Spoiler for Game spoilers?:

Frankly, I'm surprised that more doujinshi for WA2 haven't arisen, given that it's considered a "kamige." The only artist I know of who has regularly made them is a certain "Mizuki Makoto."

Quote:
yeah, their route...
well, there's a slim chance for Mari route though
Spoiler for mari route:
I would like those two characters to meet, actually. Their voice actresses really could use more scenes together.
Old 2013-11-05, 19:10   Link #20
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
That's too bad; any chance you could find more people, especially since the mangagamer revolution now allows fan-translations to receive commercial sanction? And I would think that "frown power" among those in the VN community with real Japanese fluency would discourage anyone from using shortcuts like machine translation, especially given how limited that avenue is.
I....don't think Velocity was using machine translation actually...None of us were. Moogy's just overexaggerating as usual <__<

People with actual time? Quite hard....you are better off asking around those TL groups