AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-31, 18:35   Link #41
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
Your trying to defend something you have not yet seen yourself. Are you seriouse man? To flame me for bashing something you yourself haven't taking the time to watch is so ridiculouse. You need to stop right now and actually read what I've been typing, and then try actually watching the clips so your opinions will actually matter in this thread.
I haven't seen any CLIPS but I saw that gay promo on the adult swim site that showed the voice actors recording, it DID have little 5 second things in there, but that was it. I don't consider something a long enough clip to judge unless it is a full scene, not little 5 to 10 second clips...5 Minutes if clips isn't enough to FULLY judge something properly either...so your bashing is pointless too dumb fuck...altho what would you know, you're from New York, all New York ppl are dumbass motherfuckers...

to be honest, i think you are just one of those n00bs that "hates all dubs" so you wanna sit on this forum and bash. Fuckers like you need to just go fuck yourself and die...
Old 2004-10-31, 19:02   Link #42
FET-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
I haven't seen any CLIPS but I saw that gay promo on the adult swim site that showed the voice actors recording, it DID have little 5 second things in there, but that was it. I don't consider something a long enough clip to judge unless it is a full scene, not little 5 to 10 second clips...5 Minutes if clips isn't enough to FULLY judge something properly either...so your bashing is pointless too dumb fuck...altho what would you know, you're from New York, all New York ppl are dumbass motherfuckers...

to be honest, i think you are just one of those n00bs that "hates all dubs" so you wanna sit on this forum and bash. Fuckers like you need to just go fuck yourself and die...
LOL, Ok...this is my last responce to you because you've proven to me finally that it's not worth trying to discuss this with you any longer.

5mins worth of dubbing...It could be 3mins, and it would still be more then enough to get some good understanding on how well the main character voices are. But, as I've said so many times already, they were just clips and I'm going to wait to see the series in full on CN. To put it simply for you, I haven't actually passed judgement on the dubbed version of FMA, just I have my doubts.

Also, for the record, I watch dubs when ever I can. I download many DVD rips of anime in MKV so I have dual audio and optional subs. If the dub is good, I watch the dub, because quit frankly, reading subs can suck sometimes.

As for all your other crap you typed, it just shows what sort of person you are. I have nothing left to say to you, because you really have some warped perceptions of things to be such a hateful person towards others for no reason.
Old 2004-11-01, 23:29   Link #43
crazyXsunshine

mmm well
i've seen the first dubbed episode. at the l'arc en ciel concert.

my only opinions on this topic
a)thank all mighty BUDDHA that FMA wasn't dubbed by 4kids... the names might not have been screwed this time. but if it was stoln by 4kids by some freak chance. like shaman king and onepiece. it would suck some more major arse.

b)at least they kept an original japanese opening. a good one too...

c) the dub could be sooo much worse.

but this is just speculating after episode one..
i could have been high and hyper becuase of all this getting ready for seeing l'arc en ciel perform READY STEADY GO live.
Old 2004-11-02, 01:57   Link #44
iceyfw

Somebody is going to close this thread soon...
Old 2004-11-02, 16:11   Link #45
FET-Kun

I recall reading that they dubbed the japanese openings and endings...not sure. o_O;;
Old 2004-11-02, 18:25   Link #46
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
I recall reading that they dubbed the japanese openings and endings...not sure. o_O;;
Funi do that for some shows, but haven't done it for FMA if I recall correctly.
Old 2004-11-06, 17:02   Link #47
crazyXsunshine

dunno bout the endings
but ready steady go is played the original, no dubs.... and the animation is still beast... it was pretty awesome at the concert.

i just wonder if they're ever gonna change it to rewrite or something when it gets all... angsty.
Old 2004-11-07, 00:28   Link #48
Za Paper

Just watched the dub on Adult swim. Lust and Rose's voice didnt sound too bad but I didnt really care for the rest. As everyone said earlier Ed's voice sounded too old and Al's voice seemed deadpan. Actually Al's voice sounded like Linus from Charlie Brown.

If you want to hear a horrible dub, the GITS:SAC dub is one of the worst ever.
Old 2004-11-07, 01:51   Link #49
Fel
Clean up princess

whoops, double post
Old 2004-11-07, 01:52   Link #50
Fel
Clean up princess

I only saw the second half, but I didn't care much for the voices I heard either.
Al's sounded too much like a kid and not enough like a kid, but more bored than anything.
The girl sounded like an adult if you closed your eyes and listened, but she doesn't matter.
Ed's sounded like it belonged to Link from the awful Zelda cartoon, or some other campy early 90's fare. There's no way he'll be able to do the things Edward Elric has to do later in the series.

I hated Aramaki's voice, which sounded like a cartoon character's voice
Bateau should have been voiced by Beau Billingslee (Jet Black), and the Major should have been done by Wendee Lee, but I didn't cringe too much at either of them.
Togusa hardly said anything the whole time, but he seemed like he might be okay. Having heard the Tachikomas in the Tachikoma Hibi specials, I can say they sound better than I expected them too, with Tenchi Muyo Sasami's english actor doing them.

Overall I found FMA harder to listen to then SAC, since FMA relies on its characters showing much more emotion (and maybe because I'm still not finished with FMA).
Old 2004-11-07, 02:12   Link #51
WristBandMan

weee... roze sounds like a sultry slut!
how can yu not love dubs...

the spolier for episode 2 is already given even (that it is a fake). how can you not love dubs

edwards speaks with all those wise-guys lines (those that spiderman uses) how can you not love dubs!
Old 2004-11-07, 02:14   Link #52
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
If you want to hear a horrible dub, the GITS:SAC dub is one of the worst ever.
So how many English dubs have you listened to your life?

From that comment I've guessing about five.
Old 2004-11-07, 02:40   Link #53
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I personally enjoyed the dub. It's a change from what anime I've been watching, so any change was a welcome change.

Please note that I've never seen the Japanese version.
Old 2004-11-07, 03:08   Link #54
NinjaServ

I thought the dubs were pretty decent. It wasn't one of those that at first you are like "OMFG!!! THESE DUBS ROCKED!!!" (altho VERY FEW fall under that category...) but most of the voices were VERY well done.

Out of all the voices, the hardest to adjust to was Edward. His voice seemed too deep in that opening scene, and he didn't seem quite a "enthusiastic" as the character seemed to be acting.

One of the best voices IMO was the voice of Alphonse.

Most of the other voices matched well, but after hearing most of them in case closed (as a few of the characters were that I reconized) it felt akward.
Old 2004-11-07, 11:05   Link #55
dew

I thought the dub was fine.

FYI, FUNi dubbed seasons 1 and 2 of DBZ, not Pioneer. FUNi subliscensed the DVD rights to Pioneer, not the dubbing rights.

The editing in seasons 1 and 2 is all on Saban's shoulders. FUNi wanted DBZ to be syndicated and on saturday mornings, but Saban had strict editing guidelines, and they only had 25-26 episodes per season so they had to make lots of time cuts. When the show moved to Toonami, they wanted to remain consistant, so they did what they did.
Old 2004-11-07, 11:15   Link #56
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon
So how many English dubs have you listened to your life?

From that comment I've guessing about five.
Not true, I listen to a lot of dubs and am familiar with a lot of the VAs. Most of the recent shows that have come out on DVD are dubbed much better than GITS:SAC imo. Maybe I went overboard saying it was one of the worst ever but it is one of the poorer ones I have heard recently. Aramaki's VA is terrible. As someone already said, he sounds comical. The Major and Batou's voices dont have that tone of cynicism that make the japanese voices so great. Crispin Freeman did a decent job as Togusa. Perhaps I am biased because I like the japanese cast so much, but I still think the GITS dub is subpar and inferior to the FMA dub.
Old 2004-11-07, 11:16   Link #57
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Is it me or is Father Cornello voiced by fucking Goku?

and, I'm truely surprised you saw so much gore in the opening scene.

I thought they would definately cover the blood with flowers or some other ignorant half-assed edit.

The voices were, Well... They were tollerable. Far more so then SEED's dub, but I feel they could have been better.
Old 2004-11-07, 12:16   Link #58
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
and, I'm truely surprised you saw so much gore in the opening scene.

I thought they would definately cover the blood with flowers or some other ignorant half-assed edit.
Editing of anime on Cartoon Network originated back when they all aired on Toonami which was an afternoon block for KIDS. With adult swim they do not have to edit anything. USUALLY they CHOOSE to edit out "sexual" based stuff like nudity, but other than that on adult swim, unless it is a guy getting his head blown off, they won't edit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
The Major and Batou's voices dont have that tone of cynicism that make the japanese voices so great.
To be honest, unless you are japanese you have no CLUE about THEIR accents and voice tones in their country AND culture. I feel unless you have LIVED there and spoke japanese for MANY years, you don't have the right to say SHIT about the japanese dubs being better unless the english ones are GOD AWFUL (ex. Love Hina where one character spoke with a Southern Bell accient, and NO ONE speaks that way any more in the US).
Old 2004-11-07, 12:57   Link #59
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
To be honest, unless you are japanese you have no CLUE about THEIR accents and voice tones in their country AND culture. I feel unless you have LIVED there and spoke japanese for MANY years, you don't have the right to say SHIT about the japanese dubs being better unless the english ones are GOD AWFUL (ex. Love Hina where one character spoke with a Southern Bell accient, and NO ONE speaks that way any more in the US).

unless you've been under constant exposure to japanese anime and drama for most of your growing life time
Old 2004-11-07, 13:22   Link #60
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi
unless you've been under constant exposure to japanese anime and drama for most of your growing life time
that doesn't count....they could be speaking with improper accients and you would NEVER know about it, so no....
Closed Thread