AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-30, 09:08   Link #1561
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
If I remember it sold around 3.5k vol 1st week for volume 1 which is ok, but far from great or terrible. And Vol 2 actually sold more than Vol 1 did in 1st week, so sales of series might pick-up some.
The first 3 to 4 episodes wasn't that great, so that may account for low sales of Vol. 1 compared to Vol. 2

Kinda like Lucky Star, it only picked up after episode 4
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 13:00   Link #1562
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The BD/DVDs sell two episodes per volume.
Old 2011-08-30, 15:37   Link #1563
inisipis

Episode 1 and 2 were a little slow, they seem to be trying to get right groove of the characters as they're being introduce (though the chase skit is a hi-lite). Episode 3 gets better since we get Sakamoto but I only started to like the show starting in Episode 5.

From what I gather Vol. 3 got better reviews than the two.
Old 2011-09-01, 15:14   Link #1564
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....

Finally saw ep 22 and enjoyed it ... as usual. 7/10 vote on it from me.

Somehow I feel the show could have a fair number of potential spin off "mini series" with the "side characters" who are not touched on much ... like the pink haired, twin tailed kendo girl, for example.

BTW ... Sakamoto RULES. Just sayin.
Old 2011-09-03, 14:54   Link #1565
rulfo

An ok episode.

Enjoyed it for Sakurai-sensei screen time. And finally we see it...
Spoiler for episode 23:
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 23:29   Link #1566
Midonin
Last Engage

It's hard to tell who had the tougher day here. Mio's life flashed before her eyes*, and Yuuko had the kind of stream of bad luck that can only happen to her. Maybe she would've been better off if she stayed a stag beetle.

Looks like Mai does have a heart, somewhere in here. Whereas Weboshi's heart doesn't go out for bald men. I'll consider the idea of Helvetica Standard having a movie to be foreshadowing. Making a movie out of sketch comedy isn't impossible, it just requires finesse. And KyoAni's got some fine 'sse. (You pronounce it suh-say. Ideally with a smooth French accent.) As for the Igo Soccer Club, the future looks bright.

Yuuko aspires to be _____________________

A. _____________________
B. On TV
C. A teacher

If A, this is not a question.
If B, her dream has already come true.
If C, then she's taking the Hirasawa route. May her future be written.

Looks like there are exceptions to KyoAni's general lack of fanservice, as long as it's done tastefully or implied. Makoto, when told "You're too young for these things," stammering is not the correct answer. The correct answer is "Yes, yes I am."

Yui Horie's a pretty recent voice to have a next episode previewer. She does have experience, but is still pretty active.

* Why were the Woodcubes, the weapons which can enable the Destroyer of Worlds to rise up and claim all that we mortals hold dear for herself, being sold for 5 bucks?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 01:14   Link #1567
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Cheap power in the future....
Old 2011-09-04, 01:49   Link #1568
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Mai is not trolling this week?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 02:16   Link #1569
Forsaken_Infinity

Oh wow that was a blast of an episode.

Stag Beetles don't wish to be discovered
But humanoid robots are even more furtive

Mio's sister is the absolute definition of awesomeness. Not only is she so skilled that she wins national competitions without ever practicing but she is a good enough cook to make someone's life flash before their eyes. The ingredients she comes up with are no joke either
I think she is right up there, if not ahead of, with Mai in Omniscience level despite having much lesser screen-time. That's something I wouldn't even have thought was possible.

Curiosity doesn't kill cats nowadays, accidents do

Living with a caring sister who cares a little too much sure can get to your nerve. I suppose I appreciate the total ignorance my sisters treated me with most of the time now
Sakurai sensei has a very unique way to go about things. Finding that cute isn't unfortunately what the two Igo soccer geniuses share though. Coming up with absolutely random excuses to get out of tough corners seems to be a shared talent though

40 grams is pretty heavy for a capsule. Wonder who gets prescribed one of those

As cheerful and outgoing a personality as she appears to possess, Yukko sure is good at making certain difficult conversations more difficult than even I would be able to and Sakurai sensei sure loves getting emotional

Nakamura probably ran the entire circuit. Somehow that saddens me, as much as I laughed out loud heartily during the skit.

It's amazing how quickly some girls get over painful experiences. I would never have expected Yukko and Mio to reminisce about the dogs without falling back into some trauma induced depression and Mai has very good ears, to say the least.

Takasaki sensei is such a good man and then a teacher

Whatever does the younger Sakurai think of his club president anyway - using him as the scapegoat to save "material" and then thinking he was involved in illicit activities during club hours

Flying cameras make for some awesome shots, and a high school is quite possibly the best setup to shoot at.

A picture is worth a thousand words, and the loyalty of an indecisive teacher or two
Girls sure have weird tastes. That must have been quite a shock to Weboshi and Fe-chan though

Yukko may be the go to target for fate to bully but Nakanojo has it the roughest

That was indeed like love :3

A new rainbow has sprung in Mai's heart and the catalyst likes sharks
Mai really can do anything and everything. Too bad the genius 7 year old doesn't seem to share most of her interests.

My heart was already floating on the ninth cloud watching the two pranksters mingle but that ending was such an awesome icing on the cake. It was the absolute best, really. I should be able to die in peace now.

And yes, that's quite a big deal.

Too bad I never did take my graduation photo for that would have been a big deal too now, maybe.

Next episode and then two. What then? QQ

Spoiler for respect:
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 02:38   Link #1570
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Mai is not trolling this week?
It is her fall ^^. Next thing you know, she will get trolled.
And more Yoshino this week, yay.
Kind of like how kyoani handle the flow in this episode, especially in the school scenes.

Last edited by Sides; 2011-09-04 at 03:01.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 05:17   Link #1571
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Did anyone notice how GOOD everything looked this episode?

It was almost jarring. I mean, the show normally looks good, but it was nearly, like, movie-quality.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 06:29   Link #1572
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Did anyone notice how GOOD everything looked this episode?

It was almost jarring. I mean, the show normally looks good, but it was nearly, like, movie-quality.
They've been pulling some really awesome lighting effects in some of the skits. Mostly in like-love skits.

This one though.. It's like they've outdone themselves with this one.
Spoiler:

I mean the blurs in this scene were spot on. Not to mention the lighting. What I really enjoyed was their extravagance with the 3DCG on #99 and #100.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 09:06   Link #1573
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Poor Mio, when she isn't getting trolled byMai and Yuuko, her sister is messing with her. Tough day for Yuuko. I am a photograph nano desu
Old 2011-09-04, 09:06   Link #1574
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Enjoyed Ep 23 as well. Another 7/10 vote from me.

Sakurai sensei's looked even better than her normal sweet, kind self in the "bribe photo". And speaking of "bribes", the scene with Hakase being befriended again by Mai after last ep's dog conflict made me grin quite a bit.
Old 2011-09-04, 10:36   Link #1575
Arkanis

I don't understand Mai's character any more (not that I ever did).
Arkanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 13:27   Link #1576
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Mai is the mysterious character with many sides to her, a mystery of the universe with her epic trolling skills and techniques.

That aside, gotta love Takasaki sensei's love 'route'. And the brother willing to 'sell' his sister just to get an advisor for the club, a true lover of the sport of igo soccer.

The artwork for this episode is stunning, better than any before in this series.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 13:44   Link #1577
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Is it normal that I'm starting to miss Nichijou even though it has 3 episodes left? Mai and Sakurai was very adorable in this episode and poor Mio. It has the best quality in the series so far.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 17:41   Link #1578
Peanutbutter

I guessed they're almost running out of veteran seiyuus to find for the previews and they're starting to move down the list, sorted in descending order.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 19:01   Link #1579
inisipis

We get a treat to the second Mio's "My life flashed before my eyes" moments and see that it is Sasahara that she's gushing at from her first flashback. I thought it was her older sister who we know is good at Kendo(though it makes perfect sense it's not her since she hates her).

Mai connects with fellow troll Hakase with their love of sharks(she did bought herself a box of chocolate shark before giving it to the Professor)

We see that Sakurai sensei graduated from the school also. Takasaki sensei's resolve is no match to Sakurai sensei's moeness. He should be more true to himself.
Old 2011-09-04, 23:28   Link #1580
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
This episode pushed Sakurai over the edge for me. I am now a fan.

I will never understand Mai. One of the most random characters ever.

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life