AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 32 30.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 42.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 19.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.94%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-16, 01:01   Link #81
Hagges01
Special UFO Hunter

nice ep, but i still wondering about the injection, maybe a way to prevent Satoko to become crazy, that's just my theory of course, anyway looking forward for the next one
Old 2007-07-16, 01:23   Link #82
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Well, Takano and Tomitake already showed up, so the countdown to insanity has begun. It usually reaches zero once Ooishi shows up.
Happiness is so short-lived

I wonder if Satoko might be the one to snap this time. Everyone else seems to have had their turn, except Rika and Mion, who aren't likely to snap for various reasons. Well, I guess I shouldn't write off Mion, but Rika won't.
Satoko has already snapped (remember the bridge). Then there's that other thing
Old 2007-07-16, 05:49   Link #83
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I remember rolling my eyes in the first season's first episode, thinking the comedy wasn't all that funny, and the characters were so cliche that the only thing worth watching about the show was all the psycho moments.

Lol, I've come a looooooong way since then. I have to say that this episode was brilliant. I hardly laugh at anime, but I was going crazy the whole time. I just realised how great the main characters of Higurashi are, and you could feel the chemistry they have with each other. The characters interact are so amusing, that I'd even go as far as saying that I wouldn't mind watching a 12 episode "Higurashi Fumoffu."

Also liking Shion, although it did feel a bit odd watching her in a 'normal' state because we're so used to b*tch Shion.

This is probably one of the few anime that I'll download as SOON as it's subbed. I'll be honest, I've never been engaged in an anime plot the way I've been engaged in Higurashi, and it's pretty easy to sneer at that because Higurashi has all that "moe" stuff.
Old 2007-07-16, 07:30   Link #84
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
I remember rolling my eyes in the first season's first episode, thinking the comedy wasn't all that funny, and the characters were so cliche that the only thing worth watching about the show was all the psycho moments.
Yes, I thought exactly the same thing. Isn't it funny how opinions can turn so easily in a well executed series.
Old 2007-07-16, 12:32   Link #85
FlashCE

Someone remind me.

Did Shion have something for Satoshi? I remember something about someone getting mad at Satoko for being so troublesome for Satoshi. How did that arc go again?
Old 2007-07-16, 13:18   Link #86
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
Someone remind me.

Did Shion have something for Satoshi? I remember something about someone getting mad at Satoko for being so troublesome for Satoshi. How did that arc go again?
Sounds like you need to rewatch it.
Old 2007-07-16, 13:23   Link #87
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
Someone remind me.

As best I remember
Spoiler for Satoko's Life:
Old 2007-07-16, 16:15   Link #88
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagges01 View Post
nice ep, but i still wondering about the injection, maybe a way to prevent Satoko to become crazy, that's just my theory of course, anyway looking forward for the next one
If I'm not mistaken she has some kind of sickness and, as Rika said, her genetic make-up is perfect for a nutrient research(and the injection is probably related to this).
Old 2007-07-16, 16:25   Link #89
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Yes there is, and Rika's trigger is perhaps the most ironic of all of them.
Please. Tell me now. I must know.

Or wait, are you talking about that scenario that happens after they break the loop?
Old 2007-07-16, 16:32   Link #90
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, he is talking about Saikoroshi-hen.
that's why her "trigger" is extremely ironic
Old 2007-07-16, 17:42   Link #91
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post

Lol, I've come a looooooong way since then. I have to say that this episode was brilliant. I hardly laugh at anime, but I was going crazy the whole time. I just realised how great the main characters of Higurashi are, and you could feel the chemistry they have with each other. The characters interact are so amusing, that I'd even go as far as saying that I wouldn't mind watching a 12 episode "Higurashi Fumoffu."
Same here, and it pretty much repeated with the first episodes of each chapter that had those happy go lucky starts. I didn't really enjoy this second episode that much either, to be honest. There were a few great moments for sure, but one scene that really irked me was the Satoko chasing Keichi scene where he stopped to talk to the girls on the yard with Satoko still somehow running laps around the school building. That along with Keichi's over overblown reaction to the false accusations made me roll my eyes.

Quote:
This is probably one of the few anime that I'll download as SOON as it's subbed. I'll be honest, I've never been engaged in an anime plot the way I've been engaged in Higurashi, and it's pretty easy to sneer at that because Higurashi has all that "moe" stuff.
I still agree with this, though. I'd go as far as saying that Higurashi has the most ingenious plot of any fictional piece I've ever witnessed and despite their flawed genki-modes, the characters are incredibly interesting as well.
Old 2007-07-17, 02:06   Link #92
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Well-done ep, though I'm creating much of the tension in my own mind -- when the girls were reaching for Keiichi in the shack, I was half-expecting a flashback of:
Spoiler:

And again, when he caught up to Rena and said, "It's okay...if it's Keiichi" I thought one of them might remember their rooftop battle.

Basically I, as the rest of you are, am just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Old 2007-07-17, 09:18   Link #93
Davidj

Significant Lines

Most of the episode was taken up with further recapitulation and helping of random comedy. Odd that it hasn't occured to Rika that Shion's change in action is another miracle. However, these lines strike me as foreshadowing

Spoiler for foreshadowing:
Old 2007-07-17, 17:24   Link #94
DizzyRoro

I totally LOL'd at the part when Shion and Mion revealed they were only faking to be 'Demons/Zombies' all along. Not because it was sly of them... but because its just a total resemblance of something they share.
Spoiler for Sonozaki yakuza?:

I also laughed at Rena's cruel display of 'innocent manipulation' towards Keiichi. She pwned him. Hard. (Literally ^_^;; )
Old 2007-07-18, 21:32   Link #95
sezen_atacan

Do you think there are serious answers in episodes that make us think they are fillers?? Because you know:

Spoiler for excuse me for turning over a stone or two:

Is it just me? there is something about this anime that makes me take "fillers" seriously.
Old 2007-07-18, 23:54   Link #96
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke06 View Post
If I'm not mistaken she has some kind of sickness and, as Rika said, her genetic make-up is perfect for a nutrient research(and the injection is probably related to this).
No, the injection gives her increased muscle size.

(Look at 9:58) She's surprisely BUFFED!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-07-19, 04:56   Link #97
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Whoo I read all 5 pages! ^^

I really loved this episode and agree that it's the best comedy episode ever. XD I really loved how Rena pwned Kei-chan~ Hehe.

Yay more Dark Rika~ ^^

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-07-19, 10:08   Link #98
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

My thoughts on the syringe are as follow:

It was shown quite obtrusively, which sends up a flare for me. Rika also had a similar syringe when she confronted Shion in Meakashi-hen. So, assuming that Satoko isn't undergoing some sort of nutritional research (seriously, did anyone buy that?), we might assume that whatever Satoko is taking is the same thing Rika was trying to stick Shion with. So what could it be?
I think that Rika was trying to save Shion from the madness induced by the parasites/aliens/whatever is present in the swamp that lives in symbiosis with the villagers. These organisms seem to cause mental instability when introduced to adolescent bodies (Keiichi and Shion lost it within a year of moving to Hinamizawa) and Rika and possibly Irie are trying to save at least one person.
Alternatively, she could have started this regimen shortly after something that is revealed later on.

Last edited by FatPianoBoy; 2007-07-19 at 14:36. Reason: I can't figure out how these mods want spoilers to work anymore...
Old 2007-07-19, 12:14   Link #99
Animexcel

To Rena From Keiichi

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-19, 16:00   Link #100
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
villagers. These organisms seem to cause mental instability when introduced to adolescent bodies (Keiichi and Shion lost it within a year of moving to Hinamizawa) and Rika and possibly Irie are trying to save at least one person.
Alternatively, she could have started this regimen shortly after something that is revealed later on.
Adolescence has little to do with it. Remember other victims include Tomitake (who was just a visitor but a regular one), Rika's mother and Satoko herself.
Closed Thread