AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-06-26, 18:06   Link #361
Sol Falling

:P The thing with that fight though is that Mashiba is a protagonist too. Kimura and Aoki are n00bs, I dunno how I really feel about them not staying in their place.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 18:52   Link #362
pikuchan
Long time lurker

I hope that Morikawa will at least make it a decent fight. I mean come on, the current WBA world featherweight champion is from Indonesia, that should count for something…
Old 2009-06-26, 19:45   Link #363
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Mashiba became a protagonist later on when he changed his attitude, he's just over protective to Kumi, but I think things will shape up with Ippo x Kumi about 10 more years. lol JK
Old 2009-06-26, 20:04   Link #364
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Mashiba became a protagonist later on when he changed his attitude
Nah, he became a protagonist because of Kumi

I think that Morikawa in all these years is "building" Ippo as a mix of fighters, the strength of Takamura, the wisdom of Kamogawa, the Status of Date. Figths like the one against Gedo make him to know the dirty fights...

The key against this monkey, it's the same that we saw recently in Takamura's fight against Brian Hawk. Remember what said Hawk's second, how wonderful Takamura was at balancing the isntinct and the technique, he was amazed by that and i think that he's training this boy with that in mind.

Ippo's goal are to beat Miyata and Ricardo Martinez (please isn't "richardo" it's "ricardo" ), so to do that, he will need all the tricks the world knows. Thus, Morikawa is making that Ippo, fight after fight, not only stronger but an ultimate boxer able to defeat Martinez in an epic and clean fight. But he can take all the time of the world (come on, Ippo can reach the 1000th chapter easily ).

This arc will be about the "wild ippo", the "takamura" inside Ippo. Ippo will need Miyata's velocity to catch a monkey i guarented you.
Old 2009-06-27, 06:15   Link #365
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
This arc will be about the "wild ippo", the "takamura" inside Ippo. Ippo will need Miyata's velocity to catch a monkey i guarented you.
We haven't seen Ippo's wild side since the Sawamura match where he defeated him with a merciless dempsyroll. Will we see that again here?
Old 2009-06-27, 23:15   Link #366
gonzo562

i hope this fight ends quickly. This monkey guy reminds me to much of the speedstar and itagaki. He is gonna probably dodge all of ippo punches and move hella fast.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 11:34   Link #367
Fran~
floating away...

It depends, in Morikawa's mind the fastest have weak punches, but what if in this case (notice the second of this guy) we can see a prodigy fast AND powerfull boxer?. What if this guy is a "takamura"?.
Old 2009-06-28, 15:12   Link #368
AnimeFangirl

You're overthinking it. Even if he's a Takamura, with an introduction like that he's doomed to be cannon fodder.
Old 2009-06-28, 16:54   Link #369
Fran~
floating away...

yup... cannon fodder indeed, but... Ippo takes lessons from every fight, even the fight against geromichi.

That's my point, every fight is a step in ippo's road to defeat both miyata and martinez, but to take that step, he needs to learn something new, technique, courage, valour, respect, speed...

Which aspect will learn ippo in order to defeat this rival?.
Old 2009-06-28, 17:11   Link #370
james0246

^Since there is no real set-up for this match, I strongly doubt that it will actually be a truly difficult fight. I expect it will be yet another one of Ippo's "Monster of the Week" style matches - an opponent who has a brief intro and a strong ability, but once that ability is sealed, they crumble quite easily (despite how Morikawa likes to drag out some of these fights). Right now, the only thing going for this kid is the fame of his trainer, without that I doubt many of us would be as interested in the upcoming fight.

Personally, I am waiting for Ippo to challenge the Korean, Chinese or Indian (is India part of the OPBF) Champs, he can then go on to challenge some of the higher WBC ranking opponents in Europe and the Americas, before finally taking of Martinez or Miyate or both.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 18:17   Link #371
Fran~
floating away...

Ok, but this trainer ain't a "normal" trainer, in his first appearance he was strongly linked to Kamogawa and how he failed in Hawk's development as a boxer and how Kamogawa succeded with Takamura mixing both wild/raw power and technique.

That's why i think that this fight can be in that direction. I think that this trainer wants revenge from Hawk's fight against Takamura. Remember Sanada's trainer, who aimed for the same thing.

PS: i read 858, and wow... Iimura-san took the lead there . But, as i thought, this fight will be not only about ippo but the seconds also. You saw the speed of the indonesia's champ and his personality... it's like a goku . Ippo will need some skill there.

Last edited by Fran~; 2009-06-28 at 18:38.
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 03:48   Link #372
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I hope Ippo's ULTIMATE PUNCH will be seen once more in this fight.
Old 2009-06-29, 11:46   Link #373
gonzo562

Quote:
yup... cannon fodder indeed, but... Ippo takes lessons from every fight, even the fight against geromichi.

That's my point, every fight is a step in ippo's road to defeat both miyata and martinez, but to take that step, he needs to learn something new, technique, courage, valour, respect, speed...

Which aspect will learn ippo in order to defeat this rival?.
i agree with this. Ippo definitely needs to learn something new in this upcoming fight. Right now i dont see ippo being able to beat miyata or martinez.
Old 2009-06-29, 20:15   Link #374
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seeing Ippo doing the heart break shot on the cheating Gedo fight makes me think that's one of advancement Ippo had against Miyata and Martinez.

Also gotta wonder why Martinez has inner glow in the eye even if he's not beaten up, my reason for that is that he's prowess comes out whenever he's fighting a strong opponent.
Old 2009-06-29, 20:50   Link #375
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Seeing Ippo doing the heart break shot on the cheating Gedo fight makes me think that's one of advancement Ippo had against Miyata and Martinez.
Exactly... what about Miyata's Jolt to defeat an agility demon?.

Quote:
Also gotta wonder why Martinez has inner glow in the eye even if he's not beaten up, my reason for that is that he's prowess comes out whenever he's fighting a strong opponent.
Martinez has many years at the top and he is the ultimate machine, Martinez training for critical moments is defeating challengers. As Kamogawa said about Takamura, at first Takamura couldn't follow Hawk because he has not experience at the world stage. Probably the only boxer near Martinez is Takamura.

Or perhaps, the glow is a proof that Martinez is an Uchiha and uses the sharingan!
Old 2009-06-30, 03:33   Link #376
AnimeFangirl

Now that mention it, I think Takamura should spend some time in America sparring with better opponents. He's severely handicapped without adequate sparring partners. It works because this is a manga but in real life he'd probably be in serious trouble every time he faces a world-class adversary.
Old 2009-07-06, 17:10   Link #377
gonzo562

hmm another boring chapter. Where did takumara and the coach go?]

and no chapter next week
Old 2009-07-07, 11:23   Link #378
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Exactly... what about Miyata's Jolt to defeat an agility demon?.
Miyata has 2 things he got from Date. One defensive the head turn and the offensive crockscrew counter. Miyata as a counter puncher as Sendo said he's a "HEAD HUNTER" he'll punch more on the face rather in the body.

While Ippo is a body blower with his trademark liver blows, now has another arsenal to his disposal that can stop fighters momentarily. The Heart Break Shot.
Old 2009-07-07, 14:58   Link #379
gonzo562

Quote:
Miyata has 2 things he got from Date. One defensive the head turn and the offensive crockscrew counter. Miyata as a counter puncher as Sendo said he's a "HEAD HUNTER" he'll punch more on the face rather in the body.

While Ippo is a body blower with his trademark liver blows, now has another arsenal to his disposal that can stop fighters momentarily. The Heart Break Shot.

i totally forgot when ippo did the heart break shot. Was is sometime during the gedo fight. What chapter was it?
Old 2009-07-07, 15:48   Link #380
Fran~
floating away...

7th round, chapter 780ish... it wasn't a clear heart break shot though, but it was a turning point for the fight.

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports