AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 22:46   Link #1961
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
The fan translations are fine, mostly... In fact, sometimes it's the "official" version that is flawed due to scanning errors.

If I didn't make myself clear, I'm just complaining about the previous translator at Baka-Tsuki who stopped after Chapter 1, but it turns out the work he/she did was sub par.
Gulp, this is why I'm going slow and aiming for accuracy rather than speed, but even then I'm very nervous about my own quality.

Also is that true that the "official" LNs in chinese are not that accurate? I actually have volumes 1-11 in Chinese that I purchased over the internet and read 6 and part of 7 and thought they were ok(with my understanding of Chinese that might mean nothing). Although I think there are a ton of different versions in terms of publishing companies so idk if the quality is the same for all of them. I'm too new to this to know which ones are the good publishers. Volume 12 last time I checked I couldn't find a Chinese version so I'm going off of a fan translated site. Imo fan translations are worse based on my reading from the "official" LNs and Vol 12, but they use simpler vocab so I understand most of it. (damn those 成语)
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 23:55   Link #1962
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by wen13 View Post
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...ne_v12_303.jpg
Is Lily pregnant is or is that just the back of the car?
nay.., that her hair..
just look carefully.., her ponytail was so long, so when she take a turn back to face the rest, the end of her hair stay still, 'til it follow the natural effect motion...
Old 2012-07-23, 00:53   Link #1963
GVN.Chaos

Sorry for interrupt, but is there a list for Godou's ability, as well as the requirement and aria here?
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 01:00   Link #1964
Hendog

The list and requirements for Godou's powers are all over this thread since it's always been asked about. Try going back a few pages to find them or just try searching for it.
Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 01:10   Link #1965
fazri
blacksun king

until vol 12 how many god that godou kill and usurp the authority?
from what i know what from vol that already translated godou have vereghena and kusanagi tsurugi only.
Old 2012-07-23, 02:20   Link #1966
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri
from what i know what from vol that already translated godou have vereghena and kusanagi tsurugi only.
Just one: Verethragna.
The sword isn't really an authority, it was just Amakasu and Sayanomiya theorizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Sorry for interrupt, but is there a list for Godou's ability, as well as the requirement and aria here?
The Persian Warlord (in no particular order):
1) Wind: instantaneous travel, must be summoned by someone in peril calling his name for help in open air.
2) White Stallion: solar fire, target must be guilty of crimes against humanity.
3) Ram: complete recovery and resurrection, can only be activated when near death.
4) Raptor: extreme speed, reaction, agility and jumping ability. Must be facing an attack with godly speed. Two phase recovery period after use: chest pain, followed by paralysis.
5) Bull: supernatural monstrous strength, scales with enemy's strength. Target must have strength well beyond human levels.
6) Camel: strong kicking, healing and resistance to pain. Requires self to be wounded first.
7) Goat: wields lightning as a weapon. Must be fighting for the sake of unified wishes of all humans in the area (dead or alive), powered by their life force.
8) Boar: summons a giant boar obsessed with destruction. Must target something massive such as a building.
9) Warrior: golden sword that seals divine power, used for fighting a god or a Campione, ultimate trump card. Must have deep knowledge of the god targeted.
10) Youth: bestows protection on someone, giving them a boost in magic or even new abilities. Target must swear eternal allegiance.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-07-23 at 02:50. Reason: Removed off-topic portion.
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 02:45   Link #1967
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
From what i can recall, Godou have kill just 1 god but defeated many, as i said before, some time i wish Godou goes and kill another god. Let hope a asshole of a god come along that Godou is determine to kill.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 02:49   Link #1968
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

@ zzhk .. so the sword is not a authority .. so is more like a add on to his incarnations?

Last edited by Phoenix221186; 2012-07-24 at 02:33.
Phoenix221186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 02:49   Link #1969
alchem1st
philosopher stone power

though u despise the protagonist but brought school day is fatal error
im not liking it either but had not follow the novel
could anyone provide ice ???

Last edited by alchem1st; 2012-07-23 at 03:04.
alchem1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 03:45   Link #1970
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
9) Warrior: golden sword that seals divine power, used for fighting a god or a Campione, ultimate trump card. Must have deep knowledge of the god targeted.
If he could possess the knowledge of everything then he might end up the strongest campione to fight against the god I really like how the author narrate the uses of the golden sword when fighting a god...it's like someone lectures me about mythology while also describing an awesome battlefield at the same time.

The author also mentioned that he/she decided to write about this because he also likes collecting materials about mythology and connecting them with each other, right?

Oh and is there any authorities concerning 'victory' that Verethragna should possess as a god of victory?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 04:36   Link #1971
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

You know, after graduating from school, Godou should take his harem to an Muslim country such as Saudi Arabia and all get married there! No insults to Muslims intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
If he could possess the knowledge of everything then he might end up the strongest campione to fight against the god I really like how the author narrate the uses of the golden sword when fighting a god...it's like someone lectures me about mythology while also describing an awesome battlefield at the same time.

The author also mentioned that he/she decided to write about this because he also likes collecting materials about mythology and connecting them with each other, right?

Oh and is there any authorities concerning 'victory' that Verethragna should possess as a god of victory?
It has been believed by Erica and Verethragna that Godou would remain undefeated since he usurped his authority from the God of Victory himself, with Erica specifically calling him the 'strongest' even in front of other campiones.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-07-23 at 05:25.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 04:51   Link #1972
kazzuya13

Why aren't his parent never home?. I know they travel a lot cause of work. But come on not once in the past volumes they were home
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 05:29   Link #1973
fazri
blacksun king

if godou kill athena then he will become the strongest campione after all athena is godness of wisdom with wisdom that athena have as autority then he will have all knowlage that he need to active the golden sword!
Old 2012-07-23, 05:34   Link #1974
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
if godou kill athena then he will become the strongest campione after all athena is godness of wisdom with wisdom that athena have as autority then he will have all knowlage that he need to active the golden sword!
Wait, it's your speculation or statement from the author ?
Old 2012-07-23, 06:00   Link #1975
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
No one knows for definite what kind of power one may get from killing a god. Even though Salvatore Doni killed Hephaestus, he didn't get the ability to craft superpower or technologically advanced weapons. Instead, he got an ability that is pretty useless combat-wise --the power to disable technology higher than those from the middle ages for one day. If Godou did kill Athena, he may get the power to petrify others instead.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-07-23 at 06:32.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:30   Link #1976
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
Wait, it's your speculation or statement from the author ?
my speculation.
don't you think that quite reasonable right!
by the way what the name of mariya little sister?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
No one knows for definite what kind of power one may get from killing a god. Even though Salvatore Doni killed Hephaestus, he didn't get the ability to craft superpower or technologically advanced weapons. Instead, he got an ability that is pretty useless combat-wise --the power to disable technology higher than those from the middle ages for one day. If Godou did kill Athena, he may have gotten the power to petrify others instead.
well hespestus god of technology right?
athena a godness that have autority for manything,mother of earth,life and death,godness of war also godness of of wisdom.
vereghana is god of war and light.
the authority that godou ursurp from him is all the 10 form as 1 authority.
maybe just maybe godou will recive all power over the authority that athena have!
Old 2012-07-23, 06:32   Link #1977
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
my speculation.
don't you think that quite reasonable right!
by the way what the name of mariya little sister?
I don't think it's entirely reasonable, read my post above. Hikari is Mariya's sister I believe.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:32   Link #1978
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Italy's north is the richer part not the south, Kusanagi Ichirou was a graduate student, not a high school student, calling sake wine, etc etc... Some of it is just plain sloppy.
Hm? Weird, I thought that the south of Italy has more fertile crops and commerce bloomed better, with many rich people living there.

(Though I might be mistaken since my knowledge of Italy goes from Romulus to Attila )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Gulp, this is why I'm going slow and aiming for accuracy rather than speed, but even then I'm very nervous about my own quality.

Also is that true that the "official" LNs in chinese are not that accurate? I actually have volumes 1-11 in Chinese that I purchased over the internet and read 6 and part of 7 and thought they were ok(with my understanding of Chinese that might mean nothing). Although I think there are a ton of different versions in terms of publishing companies so idk if the quality is the same for all of them. I'm too new to this to know which ones are the good publishers. Volume 12 last time I checked I couldn't find a Chinese version so I'm going off of a fan translated site. Imo fan translations are worse based on my reading from the "official" LNs and Vol 12, but they use simpler vocab so I understand most of it. (damn those 成语)
Well, usually no official version translate as "conservative" as BT does. If you check Yen Press' translations, you'd notice that there are words being rephrased and terms being kind of localized. Honorifics dropped too.

And actually, I think that the Japanese company's department in China didn't pick up the novel, so I guess that the source is some SMEs.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:50   Link #1979
wagnerr
philosopher stone power

no
wisdom is not all powerful in greek mythology
acquiring it not guaranteed making someone invincible
wagnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 06:58   Link #1980
Miraluka
Banned

The Mc of the Odisey was a person gofted with Wisdom yet he lostb his whole fleet.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem