idont

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
Spoiler for Chap 227:
Spoiler:
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 21:11   Link #905
marvelB

I don't think there's a need for tags now that the translation is out.....

Anyway, goodbye, Tommy. May you live on in Sani's hair follicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Spoiler:

Uh, I DID mention him in the spoiler! Perhaps you missed it?

That being said, I do agree with the idea that at least one or two of the "traitors" are probably double agents. I doubt it would be a coincidence that BOTH of the guys Ichiryuu sent to festival turned out to be traitors, after all. But I'm really wondering what Zaus' deal is. It seems he plans to take out Setsuno, but why would he turn on his fellow chefs.....?

Also, love how Zebra is basically counting down up to the moment before he gets into action. I can't wait to see him go wild on those Nitro.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 21:19   Link #906
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 227:
Spoiler for spoiler:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:53   Link #907
Tru3Ph03niX

I hope i foresee Komatsu VS Joa
Komatsu probably learns to fight soon.
Whats to bet Joa trys to 'cook' Komatsu only for Komatsu to 'cook' Joa using recipes from that notebook.
Tru3Ph03niX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 09:23   Link #908
Battler-kun

Awesome shit

So it is basically implied that the 4 heavenly Kings are nothing more but container for the beasts/devil. If they are not strong enough it might be the case that the beasts take over the body.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 14:44   Link #909
xellos2099

Something is bit off... I am guessing the goal of Neo is so that the rich people can eat all the good food, basically corporation evil lawl. How does the capture or death of the top 100 chef achieve that, even if Zaus is consider the best. Ichiryuu is a pretty damn smart guy, I find it hard to believe he just send send 2 traitor to the festival.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 11:29   Link #910
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Everything as I expected except Kuriboh's membership of that shady group, Neo. Joa's group comprised of lots of elite rich man. These guys have money so I wouldn't suprise if they hired those guys with their money like Kuriboh and hermit guy. Zebra still standing still and waiting to join battle as soon as he secures audience. I'm sure that he is going on rampage really hard and I'm also worried about Coco and Setsuno. If things goes as it seems IGO clearly at the disadvantage here. I hope Ichiryu have some plans on his hands. Lastly it's a bit sad to see Tommy dies. I also thought that when Sani digested Tommy then his gourmet cells would instantly level up. But not sure if eating human beings gives you extra gourment cell banus. It would be interesting to see that if Sani healed up after eating Tommy.
Old 2013-03-22, 11:56   Link #911
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

With Sanji's evolution into a devouring hair, and enemies increasingly going to be humans (or close enough to humans, I'm not sure tommyrod is human...) is cannibalism going to be the running theme in the next phase of Toriko?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 12:09   Link #912
ellifeedn
Thinker

Tommyrod is more bug than man. Twisted and evil.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 00:07   Link #913
marvelB

I'm a bit late and the chapter will probably be out in a few hours' time, but here's a brief summary anyway:

Spoiler for Toriko 228:

Oh, and heads-up: There's no chapter next week since Shimabu's taking a break. We should see the continuation of these epic battles the week after, though.
Old 2013-03-29, 09:23   Link #914
Qilin
Romanticist

Oh, man. All the SCIENCE in these past few chapters is killing me. I mean, we've had super compound eyes and remote-controlled insect ganglia from Tommyrod, but now we have electric cells and hyper-accelerated "pluripotent" cells as well. But I guess It wouldn't be Toriko if it wasn't this ridiculous.
Old 2013-03-29, 09:53   Link #915
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Oh, man. All the SCIENCE in these past few chapters is killing me. I mean, we've had super compound eyes and remote-controlled insect ganglia from Tommyrod, but now we have electric cells and hyper-accelerated "pluripotent" cells as well. But I guess It wouldn't be Toriko if it wasn't this ridiculous.
Wow, how are they going to take down a battalion of that guy? The only way I can think of is cannibalism again
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 12:15   Link #916
ellifeedn
Thinker

The guy's regenerative ability reminds me of Cell.
Old 2013-03-29, 23:44   Link #917
marvelB

I actually really like the mix of real world and made-up science used in Toriko. I dunno, I guess it just fascinates me to see that the author's actually attempting to put in some actual logic behind all of the characters' otherwise impossible feats. I feel that makes them all the more entertaining.

Anyway, I've gotta say I'm disappointed in Elg so far. Not because of the crazy regenerative powers, but the fact that his "creepy" faces are WAY to frickin' mild. He doesn't even hold a candle to Tommy in creepiness so far, let alone Livebearer or Grinpatch!
Old 2013-03-30, 09:04   Link #918
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Why would he be creepy? He is friggin horse, dammit. I would be laughing if he made those sort of faces. It's like horse doing some funny acts but I'm glad that he is acting the way I imagined him in my mind before. Actually I have no idea how tengu guy going to beat that centaur guy. Everytime you slice him up then he multiplies. I agree with Hisoka. There is no way but to eat this guy up but there are tons of him lol.
Old 2013-03-30, 09:27   Link #919
idont

Maybe he'll use the 'hunger' technique that Toriko and the others used to defeat the ancient beast.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 23:07   Link #920
ellifeedn
Thinker

Any spoilers?

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen