AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-12-29, 02:33   Link #401
Pakxenon
popcorn

gg Fansubs has released Ouverture 1. Downloading right now, though I must say, will it keep up the quality? It's 140 MB only...
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 02:49   Link #402
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

It's still a 640x480 sized rlz.... you will have nothing better than the widescreen version which will aired only in 2 weeks.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 08:19   Link #403
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
*sigh* Another release, this time by a group I acknowledge (I love their releases of Red Garden). Meanwhile... Yeah. I expected to see our release more quickly.

>_>
Old 2006-12-29, 08:45   Link #404
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

One random question: Do you think Mei mei was eavesdropping on the Sakurada Residence?
Old 2006-12-29, 11:17   Link #405
Megu-chan
Is not junk!

Send a message via AIM to Megu-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
One random question: Do you think Mei mei was eavesdropping on the Sakurada Residence?
LOL probably!
Megu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 11:37   Link #406
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

The production team really went to town on this OVA (hint hint Sunrise) and I think it's a decent fix until they get season three. I imagine they'll want to end somewhat similarly to the manga, which is why they are waiting.

I second that Tanaka Rie is amazing. The "oto...sama" bit she did at the beginning of the first ep was just heartbreaking.
AthenAltena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 11:44   Link #407
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

^3rded. I have a huge love of Tanaka Rie stemming mainly from Suigintou.

If anything, Ouverture proves that Rozen Maiden is alive and thriving. It sure satisfied me enough to justify waiting a while longer for S3.
Old 2006-12-29, 14:52   Link #408
EnigmaticThief
Schach is MAI WAIFU

Send a message via AIM to EnigmaticThief Send a message via Yahoo to EnigmaticThief
I think that the thing that impresses me the most about Ouverture is the way that they showed Suigintou's development physically. Each step is significant. First she only has competent control over her head and left arm. Then she graduates to floating (with some difficulty) through the N-Fields. Then Shinku teaches her how to walk, and at this point she's really gained some independance. However, this all crumbles after her encounter with Shinku and Souseiseki; but Rozen appears with her Rosa Mystica.

After this we see that she has full control over her body, despite her missing part. And then in her encounter we see her develop the two distinct traits that we recognize from the main series: her slit-shaped pupils and her wings. Her voice also changes notably as time passes, and kudos to Tanaka Rie for that. But, man, that moment when her wings first sprout is intense.
EnigmaticThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 15:01   Link #409
Megu-chan
Is not junk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticThief View Post
I think that the thing that impresses me the most about Ouverture is the way that they showed Suigintou's development physically. Each step is significant. First she only has competent control over her head and left arm. Then she graduates to floating (with some difficulty) through the N-Fields. Then Shinku teaches her how to walk, and at this point she's really gained some independance. However, this all crumbles after her encounter with Shinku and Souseiseki; but Rozen appears with her Rosa Mystica.

After this we see that she has full control over her body, despite her missing part. And then in her encounter we see her develop the two distinct traits that we recognize from the main series: her slit-shaped pupils and her wings. Her voice also changes notably as time passes, and kudos to Tanaka Rie for that. But, man, that moment when her wings first sprout is intense.
I had always wondered just where she had gotten those wings from. When I watched the opening parts with her laying there on the shelf..I was like "hey where's her wings?" 'course putting two and two together I figured that sudden spurt of anger that surged from her..all those held in feelings and what not causing her to gain her most dangerous weapons..damn that was awesome xD I want to know more about where she gets that sword from though...I'm sure its been talked about before..I just can never remember.
Old 2006-12-29, 15:03   Link #410
Megu-chan
Is not junk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
The production team really went to town on this OVA (hint hint Sunrise) and I think it's a decent fix until they get season three. I imagine they'll want to end somewhat similarly to the manga, which is why they are waiting.

I second that Tanaka Rie is amazing. The "oto...sama" bit she did at the beginning of the first ep was just heartbreaking.
I know!..hearing her say it while crying was even more heart breaking..I think I did cry a little with her ;_; I wanted to reach through my computer and give her a much needed hug
Old 2006-12-29, 15:04   Link #411
EnigmaticThief
Schach is MAI WAIFU

Send a message via AIM to EnigmaticThief Send a message via Yahoo to EnigmaticThief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megu-chan View Post
I want to know more about where she gets that sword from though...I'm sure its been talked about before..I just can never remember.
I remember that she formed it out of some of her feathers in the first season. What's more mysterious is where Shinku keeps pulling her cane out of.
EnigmaticThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 15:10   Link #412
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
I remember that she formed it out of some of her feathers in the first season. What's more mysterious is where Shinku keeps pulling her cane out of.
Stinku pulled it out from her ass.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 15:11   Link #413
Megu-chan
Is not junk!

Quote:

LOL Yeah! well Shinku's dress is fairly long and flows nicely but yeah Gin's sword..she probably thought up the design for it herself maybe?
Old 2006-12-29, 15:13   Link #414
Megu-chan
Is not junk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Stinku pulled it out from her ass.
XD Didn't think...dolls had such anatomy
Old 2006-12-29, 20:07   Link #415
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

I think Shinku's cane is summoned by her artificial spirit, like Boku's scissors.

But having it come out of her butt is more humorous...
Old 2006-12-29, 20:15   Link #416
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

*thinks about Hammerspace*

Interesting point about Gin's gaining control over her body and the slit pupils, I admit I hadn't really noticed. They really did a good job of developing her like that.
AthenAltena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 20:48   Link #417
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
But having it come out of her butt is more humorous...
quoted for truth
Old 2006-12-29, 21:27   Link #418
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I just got finished watching it... And I want to cry. XD

It was so good, as expected. <3 I adore Rie Tanaka's voice, her performance was perfection! Suigintou was so ADORABLE, her and Shinku together... Too kawaii. And just like others have said, I love how things progressed over time. Suigintou's voice, her appearance (face/eyes), her movement, the way you could see and feel her will and love driving her onwards... Truely maginificent! (I sound like a REALLY cheesey reviewer or critic of some kind right now, huh? XD)

I want that ending song! Plus, I want the tv size to Baragoku Otome. The full-version I have and it's nice, but I like the way the tv size ends. The change in score fit very well, when Suigintou closed her eyes. Felt dramatic. (But hey, that's just me. o,O)
Old 2006-12-29, 22:15   Link #419
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(´ー` )ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megu-chan View Post
XD Didn't think...dolls had such anatomy
Yes, Virginia, dolls do have those parts.

Perhaps the cane vibrates?
Suiseiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 23:35   Link #420
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Rozen has a dirty mind... Tsk, tsk Rozen...

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, ova, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural