AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-06, 04:17   Link #61
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

It like it. Looks like the dudes behind it know their stuff.

Wild Tiger is the old school brawling super hero. Lots of collateral damage, tights, high ideals, fisticuffs, low budget costume, low tech etc.

Barney has a different take on it. He's more professional, doesn't care for gimmicks or secret identities. Most of the other heroes are already more technologically advanced and have evolved past Wild Tigers old school methods. Barney is the next step.

Anyone find that the title of this series doesn't really convey what it's about? The second hero doesn't have a secret identity, he's just Barnaby... a.k.a Barny.

The title should be Tiger and Barny... unless Bunny is what Tiger calls Barnaby to screw with him.

I guess these heroes will get tested. In will come a supervillain like no other and Wild Tiger will show Barny how to save the world the correct way.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 05:22   Link #62
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

The title should be Tiger and Barny... unless Bunny is what Tiger calls Barnaby to screw with him.
I think it will turn out to be Tiger's nickname for Barny, looking at the next episode preview, he is making bunny ears with his hand and making a mocking pose.
Old 2011-04-06, 05:52   Link #63
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Anyone find that the title of this series doesn't really convey what it's about? The second hero doesn't have a secret identity, he's just Barnaby... a.k.a Barny.

I guess these heroes will get tested. In will come a supervillain like no other and Wild Tiger will show Barny how to save the world the correct way.
Like father time getting replaced every year the title refers to this year, the year of the rabbit. Last year was the year of the tiger. Out with the old, In with the new.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 14:38   Link #64
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Just watched the first episode now. Looks really interesting, I must say.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:30   Link #65
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I think it will turn out to be Tiger's nickname for Barny, looking at the next episode preview, he is making bunny ears with his hand and making a mocking pose.
There's also the fact that Barnaby does look a little bit like a rabbit when wearing the suit that he wore when he first made his appearance in the series.
Old 2011-04-06, 16:48   Link #66
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
That's kind of what I assumed once I heard the guys name was Barnaby. Figured Barney and Bunny sound similar enough in Japanese pronunciation (Baani I think for both) and that he kind of has rabbit ears that that will be where the name comes from.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 18:40   Link #67
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I noticed a comment on RC that pointed out something interesting.
Last year was the Year of the Tiger, and 2011 is the Year of the Rabbit.

So it helps back the whole Tiger being the past and Barnaby being the present/future.
Old 2011-04-06, 21:52   Link #68
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
I noticed a comment on RC that pointed out something interesting.
Last year was the Year of the Tiger, and 2011 is the Year of the Rabbit.

So it helps back the whole Tiger being the past and Barnaby being the present/future.
lol nice trivia
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 23:56   Link #69
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Just watched the 1st episode. I'm seriously cannot believe that the narrator was the same voice who done Iron Chef before (He also did 2006 Super Sentai's GoGo Sentai Boukenger as a Narrator as well).
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 14:24   Link #70
ReddyRedWolf

Can't help but think Tiger and Bunny's suits are homage to Ultraman and as a duo a tribute to Kamen Rider 1 and Kamen Rider 2.

Tiger having a daughter and trying to be hard boiled is like a homage to Kamen Rider Double. Soukichi Narumi, KR Skull, keeping his Hero identity secret from daughter is similar. Partnering with a bishi and his ideals of being a hero reminds me of Shotaro Hidari, half of KR Double. Bunny seems to have a sense of respect for his senior yet wanting not to be under his shadow. Aside from the partner deal there would likely be some mentoring.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 15:14   Link #71
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Ok, this was pretty badass and funny.
Old 2011-04-08, 20:19   Link #72
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The plot about exposing Super Heroes' super powers for merchandise and broadcasting is a new thing to me that got me interested in this. The comedy is also good at times, I can defiantly find myself watching this anime for a bit
Old 2011-04-09, 10:01   Link #73
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Haha, I guess the people here really don't care about this show?

I don't get how a show like Dog Days gets 19 pages on this forum...
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 10:32   Link #74
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post

This is exactly the type of forum that can get such numbers for such a show.

I think you're asking more about why this isn't more popular than that? Who knows... a lot of people complain about "generic" shows getting more attention but even they tend to post more in the "generic" threads instead of posting in less conventional anime works.

Don't worry though, I'm sure that most of the interested posters just want to see where ep2 leads before they really follow the show - and promote more discussion of it.
Old 2011-04-09, 11:07   Link #75
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I'm eagerly awaiting episode 2 myself.

Edit: Second Episode looked pretty good as well, despite the two of them tripping over each other. lol

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2011-04-09 at 14:48.
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 21:05   Link #76
Who

Looks like I actually have a show to watch this season.

The dynamic between Bunny and Kotetsu remind me of the Green Hornet duo of Britt Reid and Kato to a certain extent. And I really like it. Hopefully, they can continue on this trend.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 23:26   Link #77
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I'd like some pepsi now
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 23:27   Link #78
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

It's probably not going to be my favorite show of the season (there are just so many airing now!) but it's a fun watch and it looks like we had a major villain/villainous organization with ties to Barnaby's (sp? can I just call him Bunny?) past, should be interesting to see how that plays out.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 01:15   Link #79
ProlificSky

Ep 2 was pretty lukewarm, but all in all it got the job done in showing Tiger and Bunny's (lol I like how the nick was derived though ) team compatibility.

However, after finishing the recent Star Driver with its abysmal character development, contrived romances/bromances, and villain of the week format, I can only hope T&B goes a different direction. Superhero shows tend to follow a certain format though and so far T&B seems to be fitting in with the typical weekend morning cartoon style.

Predictions:

Characters:
1)Tiger and Barnaby will grow on each other, especially when they end up saving the other's personal life in some shape or form, most likely related to their families.
a)Tiger will end up getting hurt saving his daughter, thus revealing his identity to her as well as regaining her trust and respect.
2)Villain of the week conversion to the hero side or changing the mindset of the other fellow competitors
3)Broadcast lady will get some sort of redemption and forgo ratings to develop her own sense of justice

Plot:
1)The organization behind Hero TV are discovered as the masterminds behind the seemingly random NEXT powers and started the whole thing obviously for wealth/power.
a)Said conspiracy will tie in with Barnaby's hatred of Ouroburos.
b)Tiger and Barnaby will end up toppling the organization with the help of their competitors/allies and form a "true" superhero league of sorts.

With a show like this, I really doubt it'll become dark and gritty, but I still hope I'm wrong with my predictions and that the show will toss us some curveballs.
ProlificSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 01:52   Link #80
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post

Because it is that enjoyable?

After watching episode 1, it seems alright for me. The idea of advertising by using real super hero is nice. But I just not that much into this type of anime, so may not follow it all the way.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere