Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-15, 07:37   Link #3621
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricadan View Post
I know that you think the life counseling Kirino wanted at the end is a way for her to set ground rules on how to keep their relationship platonic, but if this were really the case why would Fushimi put that last kiss in the end in the first place? He could have just left it at them deciding to return to normal siblings, and nothing more than that, he doesn't need to create extra conflict if he's not going to address it.

"When we get home we're having a life counseling!" Since I just showed how this can't be her setting ground rules for a continued sibling relationship, this statement can only mean her wanting to discuss their continued romantic relationship. Their secret is not a past they choose to forget, but a future they choose to pursue.

Also this thread keeps going back to the same topics over and over. Finalfury is right, our topics need less homogeneity, otherwise we're just wasting space.
You're still choosing to view the scene in your own certain way, and perhaps the homogeneity finalfury is talking about is the fact that everyone seems to share the same opinion on where they go with their relationship at the end because right after that he said "though it might turn into a flarestorm."

I'm here to offer alternate viewpoints on how I perceive the ending in the context of where they might go as it isn't 100% clear no matter what "evidence" you claim. I'm not saying my position is better or more important than anyone else's and certainly not saying you have to agree with me. I'm here to discuss Oreimo and if that means I have different opinions on things I don't know why that is a problem, this is a forum for discussion not an echo chamber with everyone agreeing with each other.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 07:56   Link #3622
KronosPlasma

So Kirino Says "Don't treat me like a little child any further". Manami make her statement. kirino chooses to reply by acting like one anyway. That would piss anyone off hell even Kyousuke says he wonted to to snap on her.
I hope the show doesn't pull it's punches with the fight.

That aside you really get a good look at the true Manami. Not the one everyone keeps calling a shit and evil, but her feelings for both of them. It's just sad the author didn't show more of it though out the novel. She might not have got all the hate she has now. Well /a/ would still hate her for standing in the way.
Honestly I hope in the ova's there friendship can be restored.

last thought.
I don't think the siblings well ever cross the line to say.
Looking back on the story they have a hard time getting though the sex screens in the games. With out having that awkward feeling so I don't thing they'll do that. Plus Kyousuke seems like he doesn't wont to take it that far. Kirino who knows she seem to want to test the waters, but it looks like she'll chicken out if things get to hot.

Manami sub boss Society Final Boss.
KronosPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:16   Link #3623
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
You're still choosing to view the scene in your own certain way, and perhaps the homogeneity finalfury is talking about is the fact that everyone seems to share the same opinion on where they go with their relationship at the end because right after that he said "though it might turn into a flarestorm."

I'm here to offer alternate viewpoints on how I perceive the ending in the context of where they might go as it isn't 100% clear no matter what "evidence" you claim. I'm not saying my position is better or more important than anyone else's and certainly not saying you have to agree with me. I'm here to discuss Oreimo and if that means I have different opinions on things I don't know why that is a problem, this is a forum for discussion not an echo chamber with everyone agreeing with each other.
1. You aren't reading summaries or novels. I really have a hard time listening to you for this reason alone, but even then, I know from other communities I frequent that you've been complaining about the ending since before any real spoilers were out. Your bias is clear. About your lack of reading the source material, you keep saying your opinion is just as 'valid' even though you haven't, and I hope you know everyone believes you're an idiot for that reason. It obviously is not.
2. Frankly, you are beyond the point of offering 'alternative viewpoints'. Given what the author said, and the developments of the entire series up until now, you are approaching the precipice of delusion, or trolling. Either way.
3. Yes. Indeed. Everyone is against you. Indeed, this is also not an echo chamber and it is a forum for discussion. However, people are getting tired of humoring your attempt at 'discussion', because your definition of 'discussion' seems to be hamfistingly jamming your 'opinion' in everyone's face, at every turn, when nobody was talking to you and when nobody asked for your words. If I was replying to every post with 'You know, Manami probably killed herself after this novel' and just kept pressing it, even while everyone was disagreeing with me, yeah, people would get mad.

It could be that I'm a little cranky since I've just woken up, but I don't think anything I've said is false. In the end, I think I should just say this:
Maybe tommythecat is right. Either you accept the ending as-is and speculate no further, or your wildest, stupidest delusions can come true.

If that's the case, arguing about it is pointless to begin with.
In that line of thinking, I am now an advocate of "Just stop replying to him, because it is a waste of precious human life and energy".
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:17   Link #3624
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
....at least... above all... I got my most desired ending.... now.... the baby.... this is fiction anyway... like Yosuga.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:47   Link #3625
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

s0beit, you don't like me and I'm okay that.

To your first point, what sites might you be talking about 4chan? CR? reddit? I don't use 4chan so can't be that. You're correct I hold a different bias and that is that their love for each other is not driven ONLY by romantic intentions. They love each other as siblings as well so to say with 100% certainty their relationship continues as romantic is just as much bias. I've read major event spoilers and skimmed all of the summaries(though at this point I might as well just read them to shut you up about somehow not understanding the events) to get a sense of what happens.

To you're second point, If there was evidence that 100% proves that I'm wrong in there someone would have already posted it. Everything people claim about knowing the authors intent or drawing conclusions of events is conjecture, same as my views.

And the 3rd, the only people who seem truly bothered by it are you and restless. I don't agree with other peoples opinions and they don't agree with mine but they are respectful when we debate back and forth. You and restless have really not been. Your position is in that of the majority and you like to claim that it is the only right answer but no where has anything be said or proven that the relationship continues the exact way you claim it does.

Edit: Also I've read all the novels save for the final, I don't know what gave you the idea I've not.

Last edited by tommythecat; 2013-06-15 at 09:07.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:51   Link #3626
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I was rereading an old (yuri!!) manga, Ebisu-san and Hotei-san a few days ago, and thought its ambiguous ending time skip was one of the better ambiguous ending (considering how homosexual ending is also one of the slight taboo). And i hopes Oreimo time-skip at least will match that or be better. In that manga, the present ending ended with both the main character realised the feeling was mutual, and unsure on their future hardship. Open ending then. Then the time skip a couple years (3-4 years) down the line, and we look into their relationship through Ebisu's niece eyes. It's just one page, where the niece walks into the living room and see the pair of two main characters were flirting on the couch, and showed to be incredibly happy with each other (the niece actually called both of them 'mothers'). They didn't actually spell out how both entered a romantic or sexual relationship, but the screen of the main characters showing to be incredibly happy with each other was kinda made it less significant, and simply satisfied.

Back to Oreimo, i mean if i have to write an ending, and a ambiguous one at that to avoid back-slash, i think i will also follow that route. Maybe from one of Kuroneko sisters' POV for example. She will go on about how her sister doing right now, then maybe Ayase, Minami, Saori through various plot device (like one of them tutor her, meet up on the street along with Kuroneko, etc..). Then approaching the end of the story, she will accidentally walked pass by Kirino and Kyousuke on the street (hand in hand or not) showing to be really happy and content with each other. If the author want to be brave, mention how one of them are kindergarten teacher (Kirino will have more impact), and seeing the two walking amongst a group of 3-4 kids.

That will imply lots of things: they are together, they are happy, they may have children or not, but generally their lives are entrusted and accepted by the society. And we see them from a third person perspective so it opens lots of rooms for us to interpret. Will be interesting if anyone can think of a better ending!

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-06-15 at 09:04.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:51   Link #3627
zubalikei

The future seems dark to them

Yes:
Quote:
Manami sub boss Society Final Boss.
Looking this perspective, even though the end of novel seems happy, the future of Kyousuke and Kirino seems like a shadow, as said by Manami:
Quote:
...The more honest Kirino-chan's feelings are, the more she grows up, without changing, then the more unhappy will you become...
It can't be helped. Thinking that the Society and family will never accept the love between them and considering that they will continue to love, their lifes will have always a tone of sadness (deep in their hearts).
There is the possibility the two stay together or, like we say in Brazil "Kicking the tent pole" and see everything fall apart (with marriage, babies and everything else, hehehe), but I don't think they could do this.

This story is so greaaat!... it makes me more and more touched, excited. I almost cried.... hehehehe...
zubalikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 09:00   Link #3628
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0beit View Post
1. You aren't reading summaries or novels. I really have a hard time listening to you for this reason alone, but even then, I know from other communities I frequent that you've been complaining about the ending since before any real spoilers were out. Your bias is clear. About your lack of reading the source material, you keep saying your opinion is just as 'valid' even though you haven't, and I hope you know everyone believes you're an idiot for that reason. It obviously is not.
2. Frankly, you are beyond the point of offering 'alternative viewpoints'. Given what the author said, and the developments of the entire series up until now, you are approaching the precipice of delusion, or trolling. Either way.
3. Yes. Indeed. Everyone is against you. Indeed, this is also not an echo chamber and it is a forum for discussion. However, people are getting tired of humoring your attempt at 'discussion', because your definition of 'discussion' seems to be hamfistingly jamming your 'opinion' in everyone's face, at every turn, when nobody was talking to you and when nobody asked for your words. If I was replying to every post with 'You know, Manami probably killed herself after this novel' and just kept pressing it, even while everyone was disagreeing with me, yeah, people would get mad.

It could be that I'm a little cranky since I've just woken up, but I don't think anything I've said is false. In the end, I think I should just say this:
Maybe tommythecat is right. Either you accept the ending as-is and speculate no further, or your wildest, stupidest delusions can come true.

If that's the case, arguing about it is pointless to begin with.
In that line of thinking, I am now an advocate of "Just stop replying to him, because it is a waste of precious human life and energy".
sigh,when i come to VVV topic there is flame and when i come to oreimo there is also fire, i personally think that you are a little harsh here, it might be true that he irritated you( who knows, i'm not you) but a waste of precious human life and energy is a little harsh.
Regarding bias, all human are Biased in their own view, if you aren't, you are either a emotionally dulled or a psychopath, and tommy, i believe i post it before but your way of express your opininon can be easily misunderstand and the discussion most of the time strayed from the main point, in novel reading, unless the author explained himself, each person have their own perception, some might be similar, some might be conflicted, accept it(this is to both of you), if someone tell you that the person you love is cheating on you, will you believe them straight way ? no, you will question why do they know that and ask them to back it up with evidence, same thing is going with you guy's disscusion.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 09:06   Link #3629
Kakurin
大佐

Part 5 Final Chapter

Spoiler for Part 5 Final Chapter:
Old 2013-06-15, 09:07   Link #3630
zeko

ok, i ignored all the rustle until i got a clear summary from here http://oreimo.wikia.com/wiki/Ore_no_...ovel_Volume_12

not sure if it is true so excuse me if i say something that is not correct.

i don't care who he ends up with and i have yet to read the novel but if the summery is true than the epilogue seems boring.

the two of them marrying at a church but no one besides them being there seems a bit sad considering the friendships they had over the past 11 volumes.

ruri was unfortunately shafted in favor of manami (i actually like her [manami] character from the start and now she is even more awesome XD) but it makes sense because she is the closest to "normal" or as someone pointed out "represent society's views". still, given that ruri is the "rivel" for kirino, it would have been nice if there was more for her to do than "what? i got rejected? *next day* ok, now i am ok with it now".

as far as for me, i never saw the connection between kirino and her brother as lovers but i guess it is a preference thing more than anything else.

lastly, kyuske should have sticked with kirino and not decide to "not be with anyone romantically anymore". it is like the author is trying to please anyone but it was too late.

all in all............ meh, could have been done better :/ (summery alone. have yet to read the novel so please don't be harsh on me XD)

sidenote: did the desteny record/book thing ruri had EVER made sense to anyone? idk, i thought it was something that the author wanted to do more with but didn't or cut in half or a reason for ruri and kyuske to split up.
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 09:16   Link #3631
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Part 5 Final Chapter

Cant help but cry :'( :'( :'( really this is GREATEST LOVE STORY EVER TOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: They better animate this part so perfectly or else I'll go nuts,really *sob*
Old 2013-06-15, 09:21   Link #3632
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko View Post
sidenote: did the desteny record/book thing ruri had EVER made sense to anyone? idk, i thought it was something that the author wanted to do more with but didn't or cut in half or a reason for ruri and kyuske to split up.
Well, it did foreshadow events like the crazy crying face ahead of a picture of Kirino and Kyousuke in a happy relationship. It was not really use- or senseless at all.
Old 2013-06-15, 09:25   Link #3633
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Well, it did foreshadow events like the crazy crying face ahead of a picture of Kirino and Kyousuke in a happy relationship. It was not really use- or senseless at all.
From my point of view, it was Ruri allowing Kyousuke to move on from thier past relationship. The book is strongly tied to thier memories as a couple. When she tore it up, Kyousuke felt like it was the memories they created being torn too, but he didn't stop her because he already made his decision. She basically frees him from thier past to allows pick the route he decided upon without anything holding him back. She does not want to have anything to tie him back to her.
Old 2013-06-15, 09:26   Link #3634
pampz21
ShipCore

Wow so in the end they choose to get married but, the true end is that refuse to love another person.....I guess its a cliffhanger we dont see any hint of them being together or finding another love one!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 09:26   Link #3635
Soverence

Quote:
Part 5 Final Chapter

I can see the emotion in all of this but I feel like the fact that this was the Summary really took away from a lot of it, more so then other chapters. The full text of this should be awesome though. Good work getting all the way here Sig, thanks as always.

I do feel though that the fact he kept holding on to her right after the wedding even though they are already "normal siblings" again reveals more about his mindset on the whole thing. He really wishes that he didn't have to give her up but he knows at the same time that he has to.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 09:32   Link #3636
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I can see the emotion in all of this but I feel like the fact that this was the Summary really took away from a lot of it, more so then other chapters. The full text of this should be awesome though. Good work getting all the way here Sig, thanks as always.

I do feel though that the fact he kept holding on to her right after the wedding even though they are already "normal siblings" again reveals more about his mindset on the whole thing. He really wishes that he didn't have to give her up but he knows at the same time that he has to.
Um, this is no summary.
Old 2013-06-15, 09:33   Link #3637
zeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
From my point of view, it was Ruri allowing Kyousuke to move on from thier past relationship. The book is strongly tied to thier memories as a couple. When she tore it up, Kyousuke felt like it was the memories they created being torn too, but he didn't stop her because he already made his decision. She basically frees him from thier past to allows pick the route he decided upon without anything holding him back. She does not want to have anything to tie him back to her.
well, i always it was her dream one day to have kyuske and kirino happy with each other as siblings even though she is dating him. i think that is why she called perfect reality or something so tearing apart might be her giving up on that dream and (as you said) give up on kuyske too.

really wished all of the gang where in the final scene
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 09:38   Link #3638
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko View Post
well, i always it was her dream one day to have kyuske and kirino happy with each other as siblings even though she is dating him. i think that is why she called perfect reality or something so tearing apart might be her giving up on that dream and (as you said) give up on kuyske too.

really wished all of the gang where in the final scene
In the epilogue they are meeting at a otaku girls unite off-meet.
Old 2013-06-15, 09:39   Link #3639
zubalikei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Cant help but cry :'( :'( :'( really this is GREATEST LOVE STORY EVER TOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: They better animate this part so perfectly or else I'll go nuts,really *sob*
I am very sad after reading this line:
Spoiler for commentary about Kyousuke's declaration:

but indeed the story is great... oh, man! :'(
zubalikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 09:42   Link #3640
kentasaiba

Well they "broke up" at the end, but its still a better lovestory than twillight.
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings