Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 12:32   Link #321
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Is Rance's Main character a big idiot type? Just curious if I want to pick it up or not.
Rance is a Serial Rapist (not interested in children through). But As long as it is female...

Definitely not the Big Idiot Type.
Old 2013-05-30, 12:43   Link #322
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Rance is a Serial Rapist (not interested in children through). But As long as it is female...

Definitely not the Big Idiot Type.
Gah. I will pass then. I played a couple "rape" type stories lately (Such as Conquer the Queen) and I could never like it very much. It is one of the few things in life I really don't want to learn to enjoy.

Moving on!
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 12:45   Link #323
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Gah. I will pass then. I played a couple "rape" type stories lately (Such as Conquer the Queen) and I could never like it very much. It is one of the few things in life I really don't want to learn to enjoy.

Moving on!
it is "not" all rape.
Old 2013-05-30, 17:33   Link #324
cronnoponno

To me Rance is a good change from all of the annoyingly-overly-chivalrous heroes who have to act like perfect chaste little princes and basically be generic projection material.

Most ''villain protagonists'' if you want to call Rance one, have many scenes where we're shown some good in them, why we're voting for them or see them as ''not so bad'', when we see Lelouch we are more open to his actions because we've seen his development as to why he does it and easily ignore half of the terrible things he does throughout the series, this is pretty common.

It does this with Rance as well, but the examples are so few and far between that they don't justify his character at all, he is legitimately in it for himself and still ends up being good enough to hold it through his own, he's not directly evil but he's certainly not some heroic paladin with the utmost sense of integrity and perfection, he's not ridiculously overpowered and has lost quite a number of fights and had to resort to cheating for another number.

But a lot of people are just going to think ''Oh he rapes women in a comedic manner, pass, my protagonist must be the epitome of romance and goodness and can't stray from any sort of dignity when it comes to women''

I can't wait to try the rest of the Rance games once they're translated, I've had a blast playing the first 3 and Sengoku Rance, laughing my ass off the entire time XD.

Conquer the queen had more of a serious tone of rape in it, it was more about dominating and making the women in it miserable, Rance isn't really like that, there are a few villain scenes that do this once or twice, but 99% of Rance's ''rapes'' are comedy and light, or they were trying to kill Rance not but 2 seconds ago.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 11:46   Link #325
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Saw this game 4 years ago, but didn't play till now.... And i have to say the game is BRILLIANT. I means most people thought all these H scene were its selling points. But i say it's actually also a bit of roadblock to prevent the game from going mainstream.

In short, this game mechanisms is AWESOME. On term of game mechanisms, I will rate it as high as the original Rome Total War (which i pretty much spent hundreds of hours playing it just to tell you how much i loved it). Balanced, fun and challenging in the same time. As a strategy simulation, i think even Rome 2 could learn some from this game

It inspired me so much, that i think i will start to look for more of these H-RPG. There must be more gems undiscovered elsewhere. Already played Kamidori. Maybe will start to look at Tears to Tiara and Utawarerumono. Any other recommendations? Games with available English patch?
Old 2013-11-02, 13:30   Link #326
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Saw this game 4 years ago, but didn't play till now.... And i have to say the game is BRILLIANT. I means most people thought all these H scene were its selling points. But i say it's actually also a bit of roadblock to prevent the game from going mainstream.

In short, this game mechanisms is AWESOME. On term of game mechanisms, I will rate it as high as the original Rome Total War (which i pretty much spent hundreds of hours playing it just to tell you how much i loved it). Balanced, fun and challenging in the same time. As a strategy simulation, i think even Rome 2 could learn some from this game

It inspired me so much, that i think i will start to look for more of these H-RPG. There must be more gems undiscovered elsewhere. Already played Kamidori. Maybe will start to look at Tears to Tiara and Utawarerumono. Any other recommendations? Games with available English patch?
nothing with a patch but Ohzoku and suzukuri dragon are easy to play and similar to rance.

OhZoku is a slg like Rance
Suzukuri Dragon is similar to Dungeon Keeper
Old 2013-11-02, 15:06   Link #327
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I thought Suzukuri Dragon was getting a translation? Regardless my first impression was the same that the H was gonna be the selling point. Still wasn't fully enticed in the gameplay. But I have to admit that it was pretty great to play.
Old 2013-11-02, 15:19   Link #328
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I thought Suzukuri Dragon was getting a translation?
Really? havn't keep up with hongfire in a while. How far have they got?
Old 2013-11-02, 15:50   Link #329
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Really? havn't keep up with hongfire in a while. How far have they got?
I'm not sure it was in hongfire. I don't remember but I thought I remember someone saying they were going to start on it. Might just be my memories being bad.
Old 2013-11-02, 16:18   Link #330
Xacual

Quote:

This is the reaction everyone has, the people that dismiss Rance as just a sex game are truly missing out on a wonderful gameplay experience. The story is really good too, especially if you played or at least know the background of the previous games.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 00:38   Link #331
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Came for the sex, stay because the game flat out told to my face "you suck" to the point that I skipped several H-scenes because I'm in the middle of planning my plan and the H-scene just happened .
Old 2013-11-03, 01:04   Link #332
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
This is the reaction everyone has, the people that dismiss Rance as just a sex game are truly missing out on a wonderful gameplay experience. The story is really good too, especially if you played or at least know the background of the previous games.
I didn't play previous games, but that actually allow me to see things through other Japanese characters. First was on how weirdo this Rance guy is, and slowly become " wow this guy might actually be impressive".

I means modern moral standard aside (the whole thing about non-consensual sex and polygamy) you can consider Rance as quite a jerk with golden heart. An extraordinary man with depth and full of characters. How he eased Kuro-hime guilt over her released of forbidden youkai for example. Or how he got Kou-hime to get through her trauma of being violated (probably my favourite girl of the series, hope we will see her growing up soon). I can't forgive him tricking Yamato through, i means give her a reason to live is good, but at least give her an actual child.... And ruined Sill birthday.... And scared Minami shitless by tricking her going back to her old village... Man this guy is a real jerk isn't he?

But anyway.....

Those whole event about Sill being frozen and his monologue (especially the one right before the final battle) also spoke a lot of about his affections, and his uneasiness underneath under his iron mark (which he hid away from everyone else). That touch was brilliant btw, to make your character showed his uneasiness before the battle without making him too much of a wimp, but instead providing us a much needed insight about him.
Old 2013-11-03, 15:05   Link #333
Xacual

Quote:
I means modern moral standard aside (the whole thing about non-consensual sex and polygamy) you can consider Rance as quite a jerk with golden heart. An extraordinary man with depth and full of characters. How he eased Kuro-hime guilt over her released of forbidden youkai for example. Or how he got Kou-hime to get through her trauma of being violated (probably my favourite girl of the series, hope we will see her growing up soon). I can't forgive him tricking Yamato through, i means give her a reason to live is good, but at least give her an actual child.... And ruined Sill birthday.... And scared Minami shitless by tricking her going back to her old village... Man this guy is a real jerk isn't he?
The canon epilogue is linked somewhere in the earlier pages or quoted or something. Clarifies how some of the different route endings come together storywise. LIke Yamato did get pregnant with Rance's child, things like that.

Also I've never really thought Rance was a jerk. By our standards, yeah he's pretty terrible but by the standards of the world he lives in? He's pretty much the best hero they could ever have.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 22:42   Link #334
FateAnomaly

Rance is a jerk and bastard at times yes but somehow he is still "likeable" somehow. I just wish he would treat Sill nicer.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 06:49   Link #335
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The canon epilogue is linked somewhere in the earlier pages or quoted or something. Clarifies how some of the different route endings come together storywise. LIke Yamato did get pregnant with Rance's child, things like that.

Also I've never really thought Rance was a jerk. By our standards, yeah he's pretty terrible but by the standards of the world he lives in? He's pretty much the best hero they could ever have.
Where is it? I want to read, i want to read it.... 0_0
Edit: found it, post 255

I know a couple of good ending like Akashi with Hibachi. Hakkin Dasan married the "ugly" cook who loves him not for his appearances. Sakamoto Ryouma married Yuzuru (Boo!!!, i should have turned her into a guy, at least she probably will marry Mine)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Rance is a jerk and bastard at times yes but somehow he is still "likeable" somehow. I just wish he would treat Sill nicer.
I guess because he always stay true with his principles? In someway he's the chaotic good character types

Yeah, he's truly an asshole when it comes to Sill. I means not even allow her to drink tea or eat sweet? But maybe Sill is just that much of a M and secretly enjoyed all those abuses
Old 2013-11-04, 13:10   Link #336
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So based on that canon epilogue, Yamato do get pregnant...

That charm which Rance randomly picked did work after all, good job God. 1 down, now 3 more to go

[O] Yamato do get a child
[ ] Sill is released from the ice block
[ ] [Grown-up' Kou in Rance arms
[ ] more Kenshin-chan material is translated
Old 2013-11-08, 11:13   Link #337
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
nothing with a patch but Ohzoku and suzukuri dragon are easy to play and similar to rance.

OhZoku is a slg like Rance
Suzukuri Dragon is similar to Dungeon Keeper
I don't see an English or Chinese translation for either >.>

At least nothing on VNTL. Am I right?
Old 2013-11-08, 13:02   Link #338
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I don't see an English or Chinese translation for either >.>

At least nothing on VNTL. Am I right?
not that i know of.
Old 2013-11-08, 16:05   Link #339
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
not that i know of.
Darn. They looked good though =(

I did notice there appear to be a crude patch for the Dragons game's interface, but alas....
Old 2013-11-08, 22:04   Link #340
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
As long as I'll never see young girls getting raped by OLD PEOPLE, I'll play it.....>_>
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote