AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 29 27.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 40.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 21.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-21, 01:28   Link #281
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Indeed, NxF FTW. We are the Legions joins us to crash the 300. *Gets shot*

Back to proper topic, It is possible that afterwards Nanoha throught it was prehaps not the best way to deal with the situtation, and is facing a revolt of both Teana and Subaru. and is seeking advise from Fate whom seems to grown accustomed to dealing with kids....
*charges rifle*

Anyway, Fate really wouldn't have a problem, since Caro and Elio don't really have the adolescent rebellious streak that Nanoha has to deal with regarding Teana. I'd think that this is the first time Nanoha has encountered somewhat this rebellious in training. And I think all Fate can do is to give Nanoha the encouragement she needs.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:29   Link #282
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I am guessing in the future, Teana will build up her rage inside and will betray the Bureau when the timing is perfect. I would have done the same thing if I was her.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:32   Link #283
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*preps sniper rifle as deterrent*

Call the shot... I'm all over it

Teana's stubborn personality certainly makes it more likely that it'll more than just harsh discipline to get the message across, especially when your instructor just CrossFire'd you to submission.

Although Nanoha feeling down could be because she's second guessing her actions that day. Probably wishing she had done something else instead of the beatdown she gave Teana.
All the better then. It gives us more development on two fronts. The uncertainties of the several characters is a big draw for me. Also, this should fix some of the doubts of other people who think that the Aces are acting a little bit too perfect right now. It's basically win-win by my standards.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:32   Link #284
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Replaced the LQ caps with... well... marginally better. *shrug*
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=104

I'm not going to bother re-ripping the 'White Devil Mode' Nanoha vid though, entirely too lazy for 2:30 am.

And I took the whole ending part as
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-21, 01:36   Link #285
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not too worried about Subaru. She shouldn't be too hard to convince that was she was doing during that test was foolish. Hopefully she'll quickly understand what Nanoha was attempting to get across.

Teana could be a tougher situation, two episodes in a row we've seen her have some serious problems. This may be the type of student Nanoha hasn't had to deal with. Though with the preview and Fate, it's probably her just feeling she may have been too rough on them.

I still think the second shot was to prove a point. Wake those two up to what the ramifications of fighting like that will be. Think she did a good job of hammering this home. An enemy isn't going to hold back because you ask them not to. Teana isn't seriously hurt, while a rough lesson it was one that they clearly needed to learn.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:38   Link #286
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I am guessing in the future, Teana will build up her rage inside and will betray the Bureau when the timing is perfect. I would have done the same thing if I was her.
I doubt this though, It is Nanoha after all so I guess this phase of development will be either overcome in combat or with flashbacks. Villians joined up with Nanoha sure, Nanoha team goes over to the darkside, other then Nanoha I really don't see it
Old 2007-05-21, 01:42   Link #287
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Or perhaps, Teana should just "suck it up" like the rest of the recruits. Going rogue and evil now would seriously betray her wish to become an enforcer.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:43   Link #288
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Nanoha = new Precia?

Instead of whip, you get Divine bustered!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:48   Link #289
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's always tough to rise up the ranks. Especially when you betray your organization. The people in charge for some reason look down on betraying your comrades . Doubt Teana will do anything that reckless, though they will have to help her deal with her troubles. If kindness, and blasting doesn't work they'll need a new approach.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:55   Link #290
Nagumo
Random Translator

After watching the clip in question
Spoiler for Teana getting owned:
Old 2007-05-21, 02:19   Link #291
herbert

Well, nearly 300 posts already. Since I started posting image thread, all I have done in episode threads is striving to catch up current discussion (and fail constantly).

Havent watched this ep, from the posts I read here, is another ep will make me feel sorry for Teana? Poor girl.
Old 2007-05-21, 04:01   Link #292
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Omg, the White Devil as awaken! Run for your lives!!!

Seriously, Teana went a bit too overboard this time, I understant her wanting to be strong and all, but this is too much!

That "Suicide Stab" was crazy! She could have seriously hurt Nanoha.

Then Teana, went berserk AGAIN! But this time a lot worse than the last episode...

Man...that look on Nanoha's face, I haven't seen a look like that since Fuyou Kaede from Shuffle! (the anime).

Nanoha wasn't herself at all whem she "punished" Teana and made Subaru look...indeed the White Devil is back, and worse than ever!

I imagine Subaru's admiration and respect for Nanoha went down a few levels (if not all).

*Sigh*
Everything was going well too...The conversation between Nanoha and Yuuno was cute.

So much for a Teana-emo episode....this was much worse.

Also, It seems we'll finally find out what actually happened to Nanoha many years ago...
Old 2007-05-21, 04:21   Link #293
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Omg, the White Devil as awaken! Run for your lives!!!

Seriously, Teana went a bit too overboard this time, I understant her wanting to be strong and all, but this is too much!

That "Suicide Stab" was crazy! She could have seriously hurt Nanoha.

Then Teana, went berserk AGAIN! But this time a lot worse than the last episode...

Man...that look on Nanoha's face, I haven't seen a look like that since Fuyou Kaede from Shuffle! (the anime).

Nanoha wasn't herself at all whem she "punished" Teana and made Subaru look...indeed the White Devil is back, and worse than ever!

I imagine Subaru's admiration and respect for Nanoha went down a few levels (if not all).
I still get shivers from an angry Nanoha..... I do belive even with all the fan made Matrieal this is the first time Nanoha is truely turns into something akin to "Dark Nanoha"

Nanoha is trying to make a point, and I say she successed only too well, however we need to wait at least until next Ep to see Fate and Hayate's reaction to this....
It is also noted that Nanoha did seemed to encased Teana in a field when falling to prevent her been seriously hurt.
Old 2007-05-21, 04:27   Link #294
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
I still get shivers from an angry Nanoha..... I do belive even with all the fan made Matrieal this is the first time Nanoha is truely turns into something akin to "Dark Nanoha"

Nanoha is trying to make a point, and I say she successed only too well, however we need to wait at least until next Ep to see Fate and Hayate's reaction to this....
It is also noted that Nanoha did seemed to encased Teana in a field when falling to prevent her been seriously hurt.
Yeah, I know she was just trying to make a point without using words...but ouch it must have hurt! and with a replica of her own attack too...
Old 2007-05-21, 04:28   Link #295
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

If there is any mitigating factor it would be that touch to show that Nanoha hadn't lost it completely. Really, either Hayate or Chrono's going to have plenty of reports to file after the botched operation, the near-miss and finally the training accident.

I insist its an accident for the preview Nanoha is seen to be down presummably due to that action. Unless she's regretting that she's been too light with the girls instead of questioning whether she was using excessive force then I got nothing to say.

@FlameZ: Sending the same attack back at the caster does a lot to her pride as well, which Teana has too much of btw.
Old 2007-05-21, 05:17   Link #296
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Nah, actually Lieutenant. Wow, Teana's brother really ranked up fast huh?
Um... 一等空尉 ("first class sky lieutenant") is the equivalent of the English Captain as an Air Force rank. 二等陸尉 is First Lieutenant, while 三等空尉 is Second Lieutenant. Oh, BTW, Teana's brother is named Tiida, after the Nissan Tiida (known in the US as the Nissan Versa). Similar to how Teana is named after the Nissan Teana.
Old 2007-05-21, 06:15   Link #297
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Thank you Kona- I mean, Rob!

*sips milk green tea while enjoying the company of crickets*

It's so peaceful... Even the grass is growing where bodies once lay. Those gave their lives for the cause will not be forgotten.
Old 2007-05-21, 06:21   Link #298
JayF

Oh Yeah!!! The White Devil is back and she's not taking anything but the highest adoration from the newbs.

Hail Takamichi Nanoha. White Devil of Midichilria!

I got shivers watching her and never did I think I'd see a girl give me a feeling like this.
Old 2007-05-21, 06:22   Link #299
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

well since there wasn't any fansub release of episode 7 last week, i just watched episode 8 on LQ raw on youtube...and DAMN!! OF ALL THE NANOHA EPISODES, THIS ONE REALLY TOPS IT ALL!

Spoiler for spoilers on this episode:

10/10 for this episode!
but makes me wonder
What will Subaru think of Nanoha now after this?
What the heck made Nanoha turn mad all of a sudden?
Dont they need permission from Chrono or Hayate to release the limiters?
If so, Nanoha just did it so freely...i'm hoping for Chrono in episode 9 to clear up this mess that Nanoha did...
And where did Raging Heart go after Nanoha called for a Mode Release?...casting magic without a device...

But it seems the emo Teana wont be resolved so quickly...I'm thinking that the RF6 crew will only get more complicated as the episodes come...maybe Teana leaving RF6?
Old 2007-05-21, 06:25   Link #300
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post

10/10 for this episode!
but makes me wonder
What will Subaru think of Nanoha now after this?
What the heck made Nanoha turn mad all of a sudden?
Dont they need permission from Chrono or Hayate to release the limiters?
If so, Nanoha just did it so freely...i'm hoping for Chrono in episode 9 to clear up this mess that Nanoha did...
And where did Raging Heart go after Nanoha called for a Mode Release?...casting magic without a device...

But it seems the emo Teana wont be resolved so quickly...I'm thinking that the RF6 crew will only get more complicated as the episodes come...maybe Teana leaving RF6?
About Nanoha actions towards the end , read the page 4-10 in this thread.There are some good discussion about it earlier.

I doubt mode release is the same as limiter release, it is just probably another form of RH power up.Chrono hold Hayate's limiter,Hayate hold Nanoha and gang.Nanoha has always been able to cast spell without device , she done it 10 years ago too.
Closed Thread