AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-11-16, 07:55   Link #1281
shadowarc

Yes, it's a True Harem. One seems to be the legal wife but he has other than her he has several candidates that love him (he at least likes them and is possessive enough to refuse others having them).

Last edited by shadowarc; 2016-11-16 at 12:01. Reason: right sorry bout that
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 08:40   Link #1282
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah, but the "mates" part is a Volume 9 spoiler. Probably shouldn't have mentioned that.
Old 2016-11-18, 07:35   Link #1283
Plant42

Juuou Mujin no Fafnir ⅩⅢ Stardust・cry willl be released on 27 Dec 2016
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-18, 10:36   Link #1284
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Nice, so we finally have the release date. How about we start predicting what might happen in Volume 13? Unless we already talked about that one to hell earlier.
Old 2016-11-19, 04:34   Link #1285
pokecrisis234
Lazy Ass

My guess is that NIFL and Brynhildr Class minus Mitsuki will continue onto one of the remaining unknown territories to fight the other revived True Dragons.

Of course, Mitsuki's defection can't be officially made known to NIFL, since that's as good as admitting that they were knowingly harboring a True Dragon, so Yuu will probably spend the entire volume deflecting any questions about her absence from Loki.

I expect by the end of the volume that they will defeat another of the True Dragons, and then either receive news about Mitsuki, or Mitsuki herself shows up.
pokecrisis234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 16:16   Link #1286
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Good predictions, IMO. I can see them being true. I just hope Yuu figures out soon how to use his full Authority on his own. Mitsuki can't remain the only one who knows how to do it for long.
Old 2016-11-22, 23:28   Link #1287
shadowarc

I agree with the guess that they'll fight the other True dragons which means that Yuu will have to fight 2 of them with the full authorities of Antigravity and Ether Wind which should be Nova and Gehenna or Ragnorock. Atlantis seems to be on their side for now but she's opposed by Tia. Then there's Apocalypse for Vritra&Kili and Humans for Yuu&Char (assuming he takes back code lost) both I doubt will happen.

Yuu's memory of that day he first encountered the Ninth Calamity with Mitsuki isn't perfectly clear yet (Yggdrasil messing with his memories back then didn't help much either). Once he does he'll likely figure out how to wield his authority perfectly or it could be a scenario where Mitsuki tries to solve the problem with her diluted Code Neun, utterly failing and telling Yuu about the authority before dying.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 03:36   Link #1288
Vaans
NEET

Wow. So much has been happening now in volume 15.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 04:08   Link #1289
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaans View Post
Wow. So much has been happening now in volume 15.
eh... i'm pretty sure the latest volume is volume 12
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-25, 05:21   Link #1290
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowarc View Post
I agree with the guess that they'll fight the other True dragons which means that Yuu will have to fight 2 of them with the full authorities of Antigravity and Ether Wind which should be Nova and Gehenna or Ragnorock. Atlantis seems to be on their side for now but she's opposed by Tia. Then there's Apocalypse for Vritra&Kili and Humans for Yuu&Char (assuming he takes back code lost) both I doubt will happen.

Yuu's memory of that day he first encountered the Ninth Calamity with Mitsuki isn't perfectly clear yet (Yggdrasil messing with his memories back then didn't help much either). Once he does he'll likely figure out how to wield his authority perfectly or it could be a scenario where Mitsuki tries to solve the problem with her diluted Code Neun, utterly failing and telling Yuu about the authority before dying.
Gehenna is first one, though. Gaia is taking care of that one. And I think Yuu and Vritra will have to work together, ultimately, to take out the 9th Dragon, since both Apocalypse and whatever name the 9th Dragon has are both "End Matter" and both Vritra's and Yuu's Authorities were made specifically to counter End Matter. Neither of them are strong enough to oppose it alone, meaning that their respective holders (i.e. the holders of the Authorities) may have to work together.

I agree with you about Yuu's memories of the incident where he first encountered the 9th Dragon. Though I really don't think Mitsuki will die. She's one of the harem members, and the author's also made her suffer enough by now.

@Vaans: Yeah, like Sierra said, the latest Volume is 12.
Old 2016-11-28, 22:31   Link #1291
Vaans
NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
eh... i'm pretty sure the latest volume is volume 12
Then your behind times. I came from the future

Just kidding.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 06:57   Link #1292
pokecrisis234
Lazy Ass

Unfortunately, according to the author's Twitter, Volume 13 has been delayed to February.
pokecrisis234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 10:10   Link #1293
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It was delayed again? To February 2017? Hopefully there are no more delays, then.

I wonder what the Volume title refers to, though? "Stardust-Cry". Hm. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 2016-11-30, 11:20   Link #1294
Plant42

It was delayed to January 2017 not February.

The former released date on 27 Dec 2016 was acknowledge as a January release, and it was delayed to Febraury release which should be around 26-30 January 2017.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 08:14   Link #1295
Krudelu
???

Hi guys. I'm about to start reading this series but before I start at some point, I would like to ask some questions since even though I read the past posts, there are things I can barely understand while trying to not get exposed to major spoilers too much (in my case I'm fine with some spoilers but they are thing that I don't easily take them at face value). Soor for asking these.

How is the MC overall? What I meant by this is in what way the MC is growing throughout the series? It can be described in strength (if its a series that have good amount of battles), how he view things around him (no perverted jokes implied), how he deals with his own problems/move on, etc.

Since there are heroines in this series and also a harem, how are their character developments (This is also a factor that I look into especially if the series have a harem)? Also, how's the development's pacing?

As for the world building (which is another factor that makes me get into the series I've been into), how is it overall?

Is there a "finish line"/endgame that the series is trying to work their way on? Is there a hint towards that if there's no definite endgame at the moment? What I meant by this is that what is their "ultimate goal" throughout the series? Also, how are the "goals" that lead to another?
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 09:04   Link #1296
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krudelu View Post
How is the MC overall? What I meant by this is in what way the MC is growing throughout the series? It can be described in strength (if its a series that have good amount of battles), how he view things around him (no perverted jokes implied), how he deals with his own problems/move on, etc.
MC is pretty great IMO.
He's no Kazuki but is still great with the ladies.
He's strong, has good battle sense. The type that can 'adapt' to the situation very well,though he has to make some 'sacrifices' for it...
There's a lot mystery surrounding him(at least until 8-9 volumes).

Quote:
Since there are heroines in this series and also a harem, how are their character developments (This is also a factor that I look into especially if the series have a harem)? Also, how's the development's pacing?
Character development is also good IMO.
Their relationship with MC and each other develops pretty smoothly throughout the story.
Some of them have complex backgrounds, some have rather simple ones but regardless each of them are interesting in their own way.
We have well written Tsundere, 2cute4myheart lolis, cheerful airhead, battle maniac with yandere-ish tendency and many other types(this sounds kind of rude, almost as if I'm describing products ).
Quote:
As for the world building (which is another factor that makes me get into the series I've been into), how is it overall?
Again good, lots of mysteries til the last few volumes.

Quote:
Is there a "finish line"/endgame that the series is trying to work their way on? Is there a hint towards that if there's no definite endgame at the moment? What I meant by this is that what is their "ultimate goal" throughout the series? Also, how are the "goals" that lead to another?
Eh, kinda hard to answer this without spoiling.
They are fighting to survive? Something like that.
Also to take baths, lots and lots of baths(last line is a joke, because there are lots of bath scenes, not that we mind them).
Old 2016-12-06, 12:42   Link #1297
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And the plot strongly involves Dragons. We have two kinds in this story (True Dragons and Counter Dragons).

But yeah, the part about the end goal and all can't be answered easily without spoiling the story. If you want to know, get ready to get huge spoilers.
Old 2016-12-07, 08:58   Link #1298
Krudelu
???

So according to whay you guys said....

So for the MC he's one of those MCs that his backgrounds get answered more as the series goes on. I like those kind of MCs (I'm not the type to expect MC to already have full background at day so rest assured).

As for the heroines, I don't really mind much about they types but as long as character development and other stuff about them are there, then that's good enough for me

SO for the world building, there would be mysteries that would be unraveled. Alright.

As for the "finish line"/endgame/end goal, accorsing to what you guys said, so basically there is one they're working on throughout the series then.

As for the bath scenes, that's ain't gonna stop me

Another question I forgot to ask, how heavy are they on terminologies? Might prepare myself for that just in case

Aight I'm sold to start all over. But I gotta finish 300 more chapters of another series atm before I get started on this one
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 11:30   Link #1299
DragonOsman
Dragon King

We do have a lot of terminologies, but I'm not sure how to rate on a heaviness scale.

There's one thing I'm frustrated about, though: aside from just two of the girls, just about all of the other girls in the MC's harem call him by his last name. Even by the latest chapter in the latest Volume. Now, granted, they've been sheltered and don't know much about love, but still.

Either way, I think you might like Lisa after she warms up to him a bit. She's great.
Old 2016-12-07, 23:56   Link #1300
tsunade666

heroines had good character development. And Iris had one of the best and I rarely gave praise on airhead heroine. Heck, I didn't expect much from her aside from fan service girl but man. She is good. You will be surprised.

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, harem, shounen, supernatural, true harem