AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-10-04, 05:46   Link #8021
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Easier said than done though. If Shiro is genuinely serious about being willing to kill any reincarnators that oppose her (quite likely) then Shun is simply making her life easier - now she'll be able to get rid of the Hero system for real and basically reduce a source of risk. Shun dying is unlikely to be a problem for Shiro. She is worried about his Hero title and cheat skill but with his personality he's not going to try to kill Ariel which would be her main worry.

If he can do something that could interfere with her plans in general then I'm not sure what else that could be. Hmm, I guess the only real danger would be to persuade Kuro to attack Shiro. There's also been theories that he could do something via the Goddess but that seems unlikely to me.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 06:19   Link #8022
EvilSociopath323
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
So, Shun thinks that Natsume should have been properly judged and not just killed off to prevent him doing further harm. Why does that sound so familiar... Oh, is that you batman?
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-05, 12:04   Link #8023
Rasty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Cynicism is always the easier way out. It takes more than sheer guts to persevere holding an ideal and naivete alone cannot help you hold on to it. That little area between naive idealism and cold pragmatism, between selflessness and egoism, is to me what makes humans shine the brightest. That's why I like Shirou in Archer route, and Araragi Koyomi by the end of Owarimonogatari, and others like them. I only hope that the author can carry Shun's character to a shining height because indeed it is easy to botch characters like these.
I liked Heaven's Feel the most, that might be why I dislike Shun too. The problem with this is, that while it may be extraordinary, it is not based on any logic/plan behind it and he is just likely to interfere with Shiro causing even more, problems and possibly more deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Easier said than done though. If Shiro is genuinely serious about being willing to kill any reincarnators that oppose her (quite likely) then Shun is simply making her life easier - now she'll be able to get rid of the Hero system for real and basically reduce a source of risk. Shun dying is unlikely to be a problem for Shiro. She is worried about his Hero title and cheat skill but with his personality he's not going to try to kill Ariel which would be her main worry.

If he can do something that could interfere with her plans in general then I'm not sure what else that could be. Hmm, I guess the only real danger would be to persuade Kuro to attack Shiro. There's also been theories that he could do something via the Goddess but that seems unlikely to me.
If she was genuinely serious she wouldn't tell them a word, just push them into some basement and lock them in for the next several years thus eliminating any threat of them interfering (how could they if they don't even know something is happening?).

Speaking about the goddess interfering, couldn't she channel the energy from the system through hero system to Shun? Like yeah, it would make him die pretty soon, but self-sacrifice is what this kind of "good guys" tend to like and it might create a problem for Shiro considering that attacking Shun would deplete the energy thus making the plan almost impossible to do.

Anyway, I expect 2 things from now. Shun is gonna become a major annoyance (mainly because Shiro proved to be rather unwilling to kill reincarnated people despite what she is saying) and I also expect the Shiro plan to fail but it ending in some even better way, mainly because the atmosphere of this work has been a tad too light for it to end in a massive genocide, hopefully without any of the important characters going Lelouch (Shun is not important, so whatever) or "thanks to him not giving up his ideals everyone got saved".
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-05, 19:33   Link #8024
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
massive genocide? it's already happening with the death 9f the old souls, human and demons, and finally elves. the death count will just keep on increasing.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 04:21   Link #8025
EvilSociopath323
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Sorry for the late reply but I was kinda busy this month so I didn't really have the time to read comments or formulate a reply. That and I couldn't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
what has compassion has to do with it?

my point was that the case between the dragons and potimas isn't the same at all.
My point was that both Potimas and the dragons unilaterally pursue their own interests without the regard to others. Therefore they are the same. Your argument that the dragons warned the humans doesn't change anything about that because it was just selfish pursuit of their own interests.

If pursuing one's own goals is fine then both are ok. If you were to blame them for something it's this disregard to others, call it compassion or whatever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
The dragons caused no harm that humans were not already doing out of their own choice.
They at most hastened the end, after having tried to stop it (their motives are irrelevant).
That's like killing a smoker and saying he was going to die eventually anyway. At this point we already know that it would take centuries for the planet to run dry. They -only almost because of D's intervention -took everything from humanity - the lifespan of the current generation and the children they would have had. Not to mention that there was a good chance that humanity would in time discover how MA works and limit if not stop their usage of MA especially considering that the countries under Dustin did research the safety of the energy. So yes, they caused huge damage to humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
The dragons give no fuck about humanity is the same like how humanity give no fuck about the livestocks. So I think that's pretty normal for them. And unlike Potimas, when one of their own, a baby dragon was kidnapped, they raised hell and threatened to destroy a country, they loved their fellow species member.

As for Potty, do you really need more explanation? So yeah, the dragons aren't trash, while Potty is.
Where to start. First of there is NO obligation for individuals to care for the fate of their own species. You see, the only principle life has to follow is that of self-preservation. We group together and watch each others backs because it's beneficial for the individual. For the individual's self-preservation he needs safety and various resources and since he has a lifespan and isn't immortal he needs offspring. He/she gets safety, better access to resources and reproduction in a society. Potimas too pursued self-preservation. Only for him it was more beneficial to exploit humanity rather then cooperate not to mention that he didn't need offspring because he chose self-preservation through immortality and not procreation. As for your humans and livestock comparison. Ever heard of social classes? During history there were plenty of instances where parts of humanity were functioning as livestock to another part of humanity.

That being said I do not deny that Potimas is the enemy of all life except for himself.

Last edited by EvilSociopath323; 2017-10-07 at 04:34.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 05:50   Link #8026
lexlexz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Brazil
in the last manga ch kumoko finaly dis covers the oddity of her situation,
what happens next? in the light novel?
she dosnt care? or worry about it for later?
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 06:15   Link #8027
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
in the last manga ch kumoko finaly dis covers the oddity of her situation,
what happens next? in the light novel?
she dosnt care? or worry about it for later?
To put it simply: there's not much she can do about it for now except mentally flip a finger to those watching her

It doesn't change the immediate situation that she's in... though she has just gotten an original skill created just for her. Time to have some fun!
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 14:41   Link #8028
Breimn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Saw sample for vol 7.
Hahahahhahaha
Spoiler for raw LN SPOILER:

Last edited by Breimn; 2017-10-09 at 15:03.
Breimn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 16:46   Link #8029
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
I'd actually forgotten it was coming out today until about 2 hours ago.

I've read through a bit of it. Just looking at the images it feels like the story jumped the shark...

Spoiler:
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-10, 00:05   Link #8030
cabman11
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
I just realized something, we(I) don't have to wait for an English translation of Kumo LN. We(I) only really need a Chinese translation which should be up somewhere on the internet. And I'm capable of understand Chinese
__________________
"The goal of all life is death" - ainz ooal gown
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-10, 00:12   Link #8031
Breimn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
I dont think there are chinese tls of LN. Only found for wn.
Breimn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-10, 00:28   Link #8032
cabman11
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
There's always a Chinese light novel version of Japanese light novel somewhere. It's much easier to translate first things first, and so far i almost always find what I'm looking for
__________________
"The goal of all life is death" - ainz ooal gown
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-10, 01:37   Link #8033
Rasty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
There's always a Chinese light novel version of Japanese light novel somewhere. It's much easier to translate first things first, and so far i almost always find what I'm looking for
Ever tried looking for a gold treasure?

Last edited by Rasty; 2017-10-10 at 13:23.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-10, 04:03   Link #8034
Breimn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
There's always a Chinese light novel version of Japanese light novel somewhere. It's much easier to translate first things first, and so far i almost always find what I'm looking for
As far as i know there arent chinese translation for kumoko LN, only WN version . Only raw scans can be easily found .Even checked korean, still nothing.
Breimn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-11, 09:47   Link #8035
Vocah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I'd actually forgotten it was coming out today until about 2 hours ago.

I've read through a bit of it. Just looking at the images it feels like the story jumped the shark...

Spoiler:
Why the fuck do they do this? I can't understand who thought those changes were good.
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 05:49   Link #8036
Rasty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
^ Well it's true that the post-dungeon phase is considerably worse (more boring) than the dungeon phase (the only really good thing about the second part is zannen maou and her interaction with Shiro), so some changes might be welcome. Can't say whether those changes turn out good or not, because I don't read the LN.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 09:35   Link #8037
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
I still haven't had a chance to actually read the whole thing except the first and last chapters. It seems it's mostly one big battle. The main outcome is that Ariel and Shiro are now properly friends and Shiro becomes a god. It can also be seen as a warm-up for the elf village battle.

Personally, I quite like the idea that at the end Shiro is "weak" until she learns magecraft, despite being a god. I hope the next LN does not skip the early stages of her learning because it could be quite interesting...
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 10:03   Link #8038
Breimn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I still haven't had a chance to actually read the whole thing except the first and last chapters. It seems it's mostly one big battle. The main outcome is that Ariel and Shiro are now properly friends and Shiro becomes a god. It can also be seen as a warm-up for the elf village battle.

Personally, I quite like the idea that at the end Shiro is "weak" until she learns magecraft, despite being a god. I hope the next LN does not skip the early stages of her learning because it could be quite interesting...
Things i am looking forward is Shiro finally being able to go inside city and her relying more on Ariel and others since she cant do much now until she learns to use magecraft.
It may be a chance to deepen her relationship with Sophia for exemple since i doubt she can now eat her when drunk.
Breimn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 13:19   Link #8039
Rasty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Sophia is just a child by this point, no way she can't. She would need to learn some healing magic though.

I am also glad that Shiro does not turn immediately OP, but has to go through some steps, sounds more interesting.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 13:23   Link #8040
Breimn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
I am not telling Sophia is going to teach Kumoko, only that they she is now going to interact with Kumoko who is unable to eat her when drunk .
Breimn is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, hero, maou, non-human mc, reincarnation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.