AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 19 18.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 32.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 22.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 16.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.99%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-14, 12:29   Link #81
TheBigN
Piercing heavens with ~s
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheBigN Send a message via MSN to TheBigN Send a message via Yahoo to TheBigN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I find it funny how some people who normally don't care for this show love this added drama, while some of those that normally like this show don't like that added drama. It is a weird contrast from the norm.
Me too. Guess it all depends on what people wanted. Still an apparent polarizing reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad
Hell yeah the drama felt forced, but the actual situation between the two characters in question is very believable. I just wish Kyoani executed it a little better, but I'm glad Ritsu actually got some focus and development...
Pretty much my opinion on the matter. I like what was done, but the execution was pretty awkward.

In this deviation from the manga, as well as the one in episode 9, I liked what KyoAni was trying to do, but wish that they could fit them in better, since they just end up feeling off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama
But I had thought that they were following the manga verbatim. At least that's where some people told me I should lay the blame if I didn't like the course the series was taking?
That comes off a little snarky, man. :P

Drastic My Anime Blog- My anime blog.
Old 2009-06-14, 12:37   Link #82
stubby42

The Budokan was always a joke rather than something they were realisitically trying to achieve, its just part of Ritsu's characterisation shes someone with unrealistic dreams and ambitions.
Old 2009-06-14, 13:02   Link #83
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think Ritsu's Moe meter just increased more with that "ahoge-tail" what ever you called it hair style,
hmm, now i wonder on how she really looks like with a pony-tail, oh noes!, a Ui-chan clone!?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-06-14, 14:10   Link #84
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just saw the subs....

VIRGIN! XD I wonder if this would spawn more ecchi on K-on.

Old 2009-06-14, 17:34   Link #85
Catnipcat
Twangst hater

As the anthropomorphic personification of my country would say: Noes, I would like, totally hate it if it became ecchi!
Now in my own, normal words: this anime is sweet, pure and innocent and that's what I like about it.
I hope they'll make it to the festival...
Old 2009-06-14, 17:41   Link #86
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnipcat View Post
Now in my own, normal words: this anime is sweet, pure and innocent and that's what I like about it.
Pretty much why I love this show too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnipcat View Post
I hope they'll make it to the festival...
Well if they stay true to the manga...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-06-14, 21:26   Link #87
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
By the way... who says this is the end?

So K-On season 1 ends at the festival.

Then wait 3 years for the manga to build up some more material (which will now sell like hotcakes), while milking the merchandising for all they can.

After that: K-On! Season 2!

You all know it's going to happen.
Old 2009-06-15, 00:24   Link #88
SkoolRumble4Ya

It depends on the dvd sales but most likely it will sell well.
Old 2009-06-15, 01:05   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
After that: K-On! Season 2!

You all know it's going to happen.
Oh, I don't know... I've been waiting for years and years for 'season 2' of a number of "great series". Only rarely has it happened. It mostly depends on the will and wallets of the fans within Japan.
Old 2009-06-15, 10:14   Link #90
Catnipcat
Twangst hater

They'll do the same thing as with Haruhi...
Old 2009-06-15, 11:32   Link #91
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The drama of Mio and Ritsu's jealousy works for me.
I couldn't find any wrong with it, except the way K-on club discuss about Ritsu not coming seems to be a bit over-dramatic (can always call her cellphones and check out...)

I loves how Mio act childish in the musical instrument shop. Her "No" have "i'm cute so hug me" all over it

What's a pity that they dropped stuffs out of the manga. I would love seeing Azusa's reaction if she really had nosebleed seeing that video.....

Ricchan and Yui-chan really are Sawako's minions now... A flick and they knows what to do with Mio's unwillingness
Old 2009-06-15, 12:55   Link #92
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
again, like in 11 episodes already,
who knows that they might add some of the good stuffs from the manga in the dvds!?

then blame the TV broadcast version's censorships, or even KyoAni themselves!?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-06-15, 13:10   Link #93
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

The only thing I miss from the mangas is more Mugi vision. They really play up the whole girl love thing.
Old 2009-06-15, 15:19   Link #94
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well that was much better then what K-On has led me to expect from it lately, but not without it's issues. First I was happy that they had some amusing little joke bits spread throughout all of the episode that made use of what we've come to know about these girls, but didn't feel utterly rehashed (with the exception of Mugi's part in the store) and I even thought that the animation was better than it's been in a while too.

However the drama was a mixed bag for me. It feels like if it had always been a part of K-On and that the characters had been developed beyond their inherent moe traits to be exploited for gags or if I even knew what it was all supposed to be about then it might have felt less awkward and out of the blue (The last time the friendship with Mio even came up was like the first episode I think and they've done nothing to build on or make the supposed chemisty between them seem real or even apparent since then), but instead it just seems like they realized 1 episode before the finish that they had forgotten to really do anything with Ritsu's (The show basically become the Mio show after about the 3rd episode and the Azusa show after she was introduced) character (beyond her being the great joke killer) and felt that they needed to make her memorable in some way. Didn't really work as to build on a character you need a solid foundation and Ritsu was never given one. Tsumugi continues to fare worse though by far. Talk about underusing certain characters. Knew she was going to be the Miyuki Takara of this series.

Anyway, as a penultimate episode it was pretty weak sauce, but what can you really expect at this point. Still better then the average one though.
Old 2009-06-15, 15:30   Link #95
Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Tsumugi continues to fare worse though by far. Talk about underusing certain characters..
So true =/ I just hope that they will have some sort of plot/plan for Mugi in the future (not just being the keyboardist, y'know?!).
Old 2009-06-15, 16:00   Link #96
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
But I had thought that they were following the manga verbatim. At least that's where some people told me I should lay the blame if I didn't like the course the series was taking?
Well most of the stuff that has been complained about has been from the manga. Most of the scenes you've mentioned enjoying were KyoAni's anime original material, thus there was never a reason for you to put blame on them.
Old 2009-06-15, 23:18   Link #97
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
What's the drama about the drama? Save it for your llama; It's not like in the end K-ON! shifted to being serious business anyway, so whatever...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-06-16, 00:18   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
What's the drama about the drama? Save it for your llama; It's not like in the end K-ON! shifted to being serious business anyway, so whatever...
But this forum feeds on drama. If there isn't drama about drama, we create our own drama about there being no drama. Even if the show isn't serious business, this forum apparently is. **The More You Know**

In other news, to close off some of the discussion we had earlier, the official website has a blog post that calls attention to Episode 12 being the final episode (with a staff rep thanking all the fans for their support), but sources have now listed the title of the 13th (bonus) episode as well. The title is "A Winter Day!" (冬の日!), but haven't seen anyone mention what will be in it yet specifically. We'll see...
Old 2009-06-16, 03:06   Link #99
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well most of the stuff that has been complained about has been from the manga. Most of the scenes you've mentioned enjoying were KyoAni's anime original material, thus there was never a reason for you to put blame on them.
And which scenes would those be?
Old 2009-06-16, 13:45   Link #100
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
No one would like to see that blood anyway XD...

I made some of my cousins watch it (not as hardcore as I am but I'm still far from hardcore)

And they liked it