5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-28, 12:04   Link #21
zato_1one

Just check back at torrent site, the raw is already out! This is even faster than last time. XD
Old 2009-08-28, 12:11   Link #22
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Well I loved the part with Kanbaru frolicking in the lilies in the opening.

Spoiler for 8:

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:32   Link #23
suka-pon-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
Does anybody notice that one of Suruga/monkey bandaged her right arm at 0:42?
suka-pon-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:35   Link #24
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I haven't seen the episode yet, since this requires too much japanese from me. So I just seen the new opening. This sounds really odd, but I'm getting BL/Yaoi vibe from the opening.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-28, 12:50   Link #25
zato_1one

This episode makes my jaw drop. Especially the part when Senjougahara showed up. Poor Araragi... I agree that those texts look kind of annoying. May be it is a way of censoring from Shaft.

The coloring makes me feel like I'm watching Maria Holic OP though. Kanbaru is rainy devil and that's why she wears raincoat, right?

Last edited by zato_1one; 2009-08-28 at 13:09.
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:56   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

A portion of this episode was sick, and even nauseating at times depending on how imaginative one is. There is something wrong with Araragi which I'm more certain than ever. Oshino presented two options to Kanbaru to reach a resolution to her Rainy Devil problem: chop her hand off, or kill someone. Araragi's concern outweighed the well being of the hand over his own safety and the insurmountable pain. He would give himself up so Kanbaru can retain the hand and play basketball.

Araragi is clinically insane!!!

There definitely is something wrong with at the length he ventures to help someone out. This was just brutal mutilation. The sound byte was sickening at times as the massacre was taking place behind word captions. Yes, this is probably the only time I'm ever glad the animators didn't animate the whole sequence.

The episode also sees another superb array of lines from Senjougahara addressed to a mutilated Araragi who is struggling to inhale oxygen nearby.

Man, I'm so stupefied and petrified at the sheer insanity of the choices made that I'll give an episode a rare 9. I reason that the point of this whole thing was to show how far one is willing to go to help someone. Am I willing to accept the kind of pain and terror that seem never ending? Death is not going to come anytime soon and save me because I get power when I let a vampire suck my blood. Geez.

Point taken. I won't do it. You are on your own girl!

And all this happens just when I thought this show couldn't get any better. People who are fans of philosophy can have a field day with this episode. Araragi will be your center of attention of course.

p.s when he let Shinobu suck his blood, the way he was sitting on the chair and holding her... doesn't it strike you as if a mother breast-feeding her child? And then to complete the picture, he gently pats her in the back. Fantastic episode. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll go get some air now.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 13:07   Link #27
X10A_Freedom

Really good stuff, and a superb plot twist executed by Oshino at the end. Senjougahara's lines are really awesome. It still shows how cold-blooded and sarcastic she is, but at the same time shows how much she cares and loves Arararararagi.

I loved the music in the fight scene as well.

Araragi commenting at the end on how Oshino can even outdo the devil...he sure has the heart of a devil, seeing through Kanbaru's rosy story!
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 13:21   Link #28
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Heh, it's not often that I see monir gushing.

But, you know what? I can hardly blame him. The animation quality of this particular episode is very noticeably better than the last several episodes, on par with the brilliantly executed first episode.

And that was indeed one hell of a fight. Unless I'm seeing things, I believe Kanbaru/Rainy Devil had actually eviscerated Araragi in the final round -- she was literally swinging him around by his intestines.

As for the way Senjougahara resolved the problem, well, what can I say? She handled it in the unique way that defines her. Despite ickem's objections, I am actually surprised that my interpretation of Kanbaru still stands to a certain degree. Kanbaru is a lover spurned, and she reacted the only way she knew how. An exciting character indeed.

And now, I wait for the subs. Hopefully they won't take too long. My 200MB raw downloaded at an amazing 400kBps, meaning I received the full file in less than 20min. I don't recall ever seeing such speed and immense interest in any other anime I've watched in the past three years.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 13:26   Link #29
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
A portion of this episode was sick, and even nauseating at times depending on how imaginative one is. There is something wrong with Araragi which I'm more certain than ever. Oshino presented two options to Kanbaru to reach a resolution to her Rainy Devil problem: chop her hand off, or kill someone. Araragi's concern outweighed the well being of the hand over his own safety and the insurmountable pain. He would give himself up so Kanbaru can retain the hand and play basketball.

Araragi is clinically insane!!!
I'm sorry, what is your interpretation of the reason he goes through that door? To die?
Old 2009-08-28, 13:28   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
p.s when he let Shinobu suck his blood, the way he was sitting on the chair and holding her... doesn't it strike you as if a mother breast-feeding her child? And then to complete the picture, he gently pats her in the back. Fantastic episode. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll go get some air now.
i was thinking more of a lolicon and his loli
Old 2009-08-28, 13:32   Link #31
Lummie

To describe this episode in one word: Sick.

To go this far as helping someone.... is just insane. Is this fellow wel alright in his mind? Is throwing away your life this easy when it comes to helping others? He's throwing a huge burden on others. And to be able to talk this easily with the same person the day after the insane fight. I wonder if he ever has nightmares.......
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 13:32   Link #32
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
Senjougahara's lines are really awesome. It still shows how cold-blooded and sarcastic she is, but at the same time shows how much she cares and loves Arararararagi.
Hell yeah. Now that's what I call, "standing by your man".

Sorry, Horo. I never quite liked her manipulative ways, and now that Senjougahara has been unleashed upon the world, I find even more reasons to dislike petty, jealous wolf-gods like her. It would be amusing to see how they would fare against each other in a sai-moe tournament.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 13:37   Link #33
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Wow...

Spoiler for for this ep:

Also, best part of this episode was CLEARLY:

Spoiler for best scene so far:

Anyone who says otherwise is crazy.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 13:39   Link #34
Lummie

Btw staying alive after this.... No way in hell, even if you have superfast regeneration powers.

Spoiler for omg:

Another Btw, isn't this hitagi with short hair?

Spoiler for Hitagi short hair confirmed?:

Last edited by Lummie; 2009-08-28 at 18:50.
Old 2009-08-28, 13:44   Link #35
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Btw staying alive after this.... No way in hel, even if you have superfast regeneration powers.

Spoiler for omg:
I guess that's why he let his blood sucked before this battle.
Old 2009-08-28, 13:49   Link #36
Reka

Haven't seen it but I'll rate it 10/10 anyway.
Reka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 15:22   Link #37
solomon

8.5 out of ten, only cause I kinda knew what was gonna happen (teeny bit anticlimactic there for). But the excecution of everything was so stellar, it offsets it!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 17:31   Link #38
velderia
Former NEET.

Omg. Must. Have. Fansub. Now.

Any time estimates?
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 18:18   Link #39
ThoHell

Fight was just too gruesome.... besides that this episode was a little O_o, weird. Senjougahara's actions in this one is, I dunno. A good thing or bad thing? I mean the way she resolved it. Behaving in such a way will make a situation go which way: for better or worse?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 18:59   Link #40
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Fight was just too gruesome.... besides that this episode was a little O_o, weird. Senjougahara's actions in this one is, I dunno. A good thing or bad thing? I mean the way she resolved it. Behaving in such a way will make a situation go which way: for better or worse?
Was thinking the same after watching this episode. Is she truly the best suited one for him to the degree to be able to make him happy? Her behavior/actions such as these are kinda off... to me. You can be cold or sarcastic but to go and hug the person drenched in your boyfriend's blood felt kinda like betraying him to me...... I just can't manage to understand her.