Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
^there, but I also see it constantly discussed on other boards
My apologies, I must have missed that.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:37   Link #42
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sanji is more than happy to whip out Nami's assets and give them a test run no matter the audience or the location. And, Smoker has already made himself quite comfortable in Tashigi's body.
I mean the real goods.

Would also be interesting to see how the women's periods will affect them in battle.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:41   Link #43
cj1277

So there was some prisoners who survived on that island, than i guess the thought that the ones in the ice are the pirates that law took the hearts from. Its a little more likely that they got caught up in the admirals fight and Aokiji froze them.

Sweet episode lot of info in one chunk but now i want to hear more about brownbeard and Hawkin's fight and what the "worst generation" has been up to that even other pirates are hateing them unanimously.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:52   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Wait...where has there been any mention on anyone joining the crew in this thread!?
I nominate Law to Join Luffy's group
Old 2012-04-18, 18:56   Link #45
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I nominate Law to Join Luffy's group
Well the Strawhats DO need a doctor!
Old 2012-04-18, 21:22   Link #46
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Well the Strawhats DO need a doctor!
Don't you go dissin' my reindeer boy now.
Old 2012-04-18, 23:04   Link #47
golgo13

Kind of confused on one point. How exactly did Law help brownbeard and company?

Did he also implant the hearts of the beasts into the men so they could control the legs?
Old 2012-04-18, 23:52   Link #48
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Kind of confused on one point. How exactly did Law help brownbeard and company?

Did he also implant the hearts of the beasts into the men so they could control the legs?
Presumably, he simply took the legs of multiple living creatures and used his powers to attach them to the wounded prisoners/pirates.

It's a bit macabre when you really think about it. Just how many innocent animals were slaughtered, or at least left to die needlessly, simply to give a bunch of low lives some mobility?
Old 2012-04-19, 00:47   Link #49
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Brown Beard said 11 rookies+Black beard. 11, does that mean Bonnie escape again?
Old 2012-04-19, 01:42   Link #50
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Really enjoyed the color sheet this week. For some reason, gave me a real Lupin III feel to it~

Had forgotten about Smoker and Tashigi's switch, so seeing Smoker in the first panel had given me quite the shock~
Old 2012-04-19, 04:30   Link #51
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 664
That was a good chapter. Smoker is a smart and quick thinker. Putting together tashigi's thoughts off of new information and reminding the crew about the pirates ship on the other side of the island.

Punk Hazard Time Line
Vega Punk starts using Punk hazard for experiments. Time of date when this started unknown

4 years from the present date the 2 of the three labs blew up spewing poison. This incident was Ceasar Clown's experiment.

1 year after the explosion Ceasar Clown shows ups to heal the prisoners and make them loyal to him. Also CC purified the Gas with his devil fruit (So it sounds like he can control the Lethality of the gas).

1 year later Brown Beard shows up

2 Year after the explosion of the 2 of 3 facilities, we are Around the time Luffy and the crew goes on his two year training, Smoker requests to transfer to G-5. Then Sengoku resigns from Fleet Admiral leading to a big fight between Akainu and Akoiji on Punk Hazard. Also the cases of Kids disappearing start happening some where around this time. This case of the kids missing have been happening for minimum of two years.

Between 18 and 22 months later Law comes to the Island. Also gives new Legs to the creatures thus creating Centaurs. (So the Centaurs and are most likely new.) This event happened when the Luffy and the Crew only had a couple of months left on there training.

Chapter 655
Samurai was cutting down the CC members at the same time Luffy and the crew showed up at Punk Hazard. This means the Samurai guy was had not met Law yet. So his body being split into pieces was recent.

Smoking Man and Conspiracy
Why does Ceasar Clown need permission to kill? Is CC still working with the WG or and unknown entity inside the WG? I wonder if the people CC was contacting are the same people who ordered Moria to be killed because of his weakness and failures? They covered Moria attempted assassination has death in the Marineford War. Now someone trying to kill Straw Hats, G-5 marines, and they are going to cover it up has accident in the seas near by. To me it sounds like the same people who tried to kill Moria. If this is true then it would also explain why someone at G-5 is trying to cover up of the missing children with false reports in the News Papers. I know this much the people CC just contacted are linked to the G-5 conspiracy that Smoker and tashigi just talked about. This Arch could be a lot bigger then usual. If Smoker and Straw hats blow the lid off this conspiracy, it will raise a lot of questions among the higher ranks in the Marines and the WG. This would also be bad publicity for the WG, even if they were not responsible for this conspiracy. To me it sounds like someone inside the WG is operating outside the normal channels. I personally do not think the WG or the Marines knows about this or even authorized it. Smoker is right, this could get out of hand fast.

I wonder what happened to law and how he got into this mess? Law's personality and Ceasar Clown do not match at all. I could see Vega Punk and Law working together. What ever Law got himself into, he must of gotten in way to deep. If the G-5 Marines get out alive and report the finding that Smoker and Tashigi have uncovered, we might get to see an Admiral or someone powerful towards the end of the Arch. The island is still close to Marine HQ. Also with 3 pirates (Zoro, Luffy, and Law) from the worst generation in this arch, I expect a big incident to keep up with Brown Beards theory of bad things happening when the worst generation is around.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-04-19 at 05:14.
Old 2012-04-19, 06:59   Link #52
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Presumably, he simply took the legs of multiple living creatures and used his powers to attach them to the wounded prisoners/pirates.

It's a bit macabre when you really think about it. Just how many innocent animals were slaughtered, or at least left to die needlessly, simply to give a bunch of low lives some mobility?
How come they can control the legs? I thought the sliced pieces acted independently.
Old 2012-04-19, 09:14   Link #53
marvelB

^The sliced limbs act independently when the limbs in question are..... independent. The centaurs are a different case from the samurai because at least the animal limbs are connected to human "hosts", whereas the samurai's limbs were scattered all around the island, separated from each other.

Quote:
From what I gathered his name is Kinemon the Hitodama (Will o' Wisp). Why they would nickname him Will o' Wisp when he uses tanuki like powers is beyond me...but I've seen worst titles in OP

Okay, thanks for clearing that up if true. I guess I'll just refer to the samurai as Kinemon, then. As for the hitodama/will-o'-the-wisp nickname, I think I can actually field that one:

See, Aohige explained before that Kinemon's transformation power is usually associated not only with tanuki, but kitsune (Japanese fox spirits), as well. These particular foxes are also known to produce little balls of fire called kitsune-bi (or fox fire), which are a similar to..... you guessed it, the will-o'-the-wisp. With that info in mind, it's looking more likely that our samurai friend may be a kitsune-type mythical zoan, rather than a tanuki.
Old 2012-04-19, 09:27   Link #54
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I don't think the Samurai's DF is overpowered - he said that if they take the clothes off they'll disappear, which leads me to believe that he only can create things that are in direct contact with his or someone else's body. Weapons, armor, clothes, but not seastone, 'cause that would nullify his powers. So he isn't that overpowered...
Old 2012-04-19, 09:31   Link #55
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
See, Aohige explained before that Kinemon's transformation power is usually associated not only with tanuki, but kitsune (Japanese fox spirits), as well. These particular foxes are also known to produce little balls of fire called kitsune-bi (or fox fire), which are a similar to..... you guessed it, the will-o'-the-wisp. With that info in mind, it's looking more likely that our samurai friend may be a kitsune-type mythical zoan, rather than a tanuki.
a kitsune? a fox demon? well, let's hope he doesn't have nine tails and a rose whip.

i rather liked the tanuki zoan concept better though. according to myth, and as also explained by aohige-san, they can shapeshift and morph stuff. that to me is pretty cool!

as for how law was able to defeat such a powerful DF user, he could have taken the samurai by surprise. the fact that the samurai didn't know what he was getting into could have also played to law's advantage.
Old 2012-04-19, 09:47   Link #56
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
I don't think the Samurai's DF is overpowered - he said that if they take the clothes off they'll disappear, which leads me to believe that he only can create things that are in direct contact with his or someone else's body. Weapons, armor, clothes, but not seastone, 'cause that would nullify his powers. So he isn't that overpowered...

Well, about the seastone thing..... technically, he wouldn't be the one handling it. For instance, say that during a fight with an enemy DF user the enemy gets himself covered with leaves/pebbles depending on how rough the fighting was. Then Kinemon just has to chant his magic word, the enemy gets weakened by the seastone, which leaves him a sitting duck for Kinemon to cleave his head off. See how effective such a power could be if such stunts were possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It looks like all the Supernovas are still alive and making trouble.
That's what I dislike the most, since it looks like the two years break for the strawhats wasn't really necessary. After all the others made it this far without extra training.

Uh, that doesn't really apply to all of the supernovas, you know. We already knew that some of them hit roadblocks in the NW right before the skip (Bonney, Capone, Apoo, maybe Urouge). Even Law didn't venture straight to the NW right away, remember? So I think it's a bit premature to assume that ALL of them made considerable progress with their journeys just because they had a head start......
Old 2012-04-19, 10:55   Link #57
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

As far as I can see,(as the plot development goes) the "recruitment thing" will not happen in this arc. Maybe after punk hazard, Luffy right now was not in his usual self of recuiting "cool looking" people.
And Smoker looks like Iceburg in the first page.
Why was Kid was only shown at the back in Brownbeard's. Isnt he one of the three major Supernova along with Luffy and Law.
But Hawkins look awesome.
Old 2012-04-19, 11:19   Link #58
Meloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh, that doesn't really apply to all of the supernovas, you know. We already knew that some of them hit roadblocks in the NW right before the skip (Bonney, Capone, Apoo, maybe Urouge). Even Law didn't venture straight to the NW right away, remember? So I think it's a bit premature to assume that ALL of them made considerable progress with their journeys just because they had a head start......
And the possibility that some of them were either lucky or maybe it just shows the amount of potential those Supernova's actually have. Afterall, it's not like every pirate crew is going to get the same experience, fight the same enemies and come across the same road blocks all the time to determine their strength or how threatening the New World is. Luffy just wanted to ensure he and his crew were prepared instead of rushing ahead into the unknown after all the stuff they've been through thus far. I don't really see the problem here.
Old 2012-04-19, 11:23   Link #59
hero147

The only reason Luffy needed to train was because he always picks the hardest path toward his destination, always to the most dangerous island. He might have survived the New World, if he chose his routes more carefully...
Old 2012-04-19, 11:25   Link #60
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Luffy needed the two years because Ace's death and the separation of the crew made him realise how weak he was.

He was hit so hard by it that he wanted to make sure that he will never lose anyone again.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Closed Thread