AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 16 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 23.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 32.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-24, 19:25   Link #21
Bombo
TSF Fans

Noumi doing fine with his actions and making rage for fans ,,,Well done AW.!
and next week with my cute king... scarlet chan
Old 2012-08-24, 19:59   Link #22
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

(9/10)

Awesome, just awesome. It was so nice to see Haru push through his sadness and stand up to Nomi after his situation seemed grim. Then, the big OMG moment when the virus started taking over and turning him into the next beast. We had sadness with how Chiyuu gave the boys the cold shoulder "Ahh, memories..." Then we see Taku learn about the Incarnate System which shows his future growth to keep up with Haru and Nomi moving forward.

Finally, and most importantly, we have Haru growing up by turning from a spineless jellyfish of a boy to an iron and steel coated man with rock solid determination and sense of purpose. Watching this journey finally bare fruit was a real pleasure and a really good thing about AW. It will be fun to see what Haru is going to do from now.

All this episode did was leave me wanting more.

Bravo!

Last edited by PonSquared; 2012-08-24 at 20:05. Reason: Size Matters
Old 2012-08-24, 20:12   Link #23
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This week on Accel World...

The NTR Queen continues her campaign of destruction!

and

MANLY CHEWING, LIKE A BOSS!

That's just so Haru.
Old 2012-08-24, 20:52   Link #24
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
Best part of the episode was definitely Taku's Ash Roller imitations lol.
ah i almost forgot about that one

im more raging about Nomi, that kid should be shred to pieces
Old 2012-08-24, 22:15   Link #25
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonSquared View Post
Finally, and most importantly, we have Haru growing up by turning from a spineless jellyfish of a boy to an iron and steel coated man with rock solid determination and sense of purpose. Watching this journey finally bare fruit was a real pleasure and a really good thing about AW. It will be fun to see what Haru is going to do from now.
He was never a spineless jellyfish, but I very much agree that I enjoyed his development in his episode. I'm especially glad that he's managed to steel himself considering that the last few minutes of the episode were very depressing. And to think that Accel World comes from the same author that wrote Sword Art Online... where's the good fortune you shine upon Kirito "I am incredibly handsome and everyone I meet adores me" Kazuto, Kawahara?

though I do feel sorry for Kuro, I bet that she would cry and give Sky Raker the umbrella treatment if she saw how excited Haru became at the prospect of meeting Sky Raker

HARU STOP EMOTIONALLY CHEATING ON KUROYUKIHIME YOU SLUT

Loved the dream sequence, wonderfully dark and morbid.

I thought it was neat seeing Haru teach Taku something about Accel World he didn't know before (The Incarnate System). I think it's safe to say that Haru can no longer be considered an Accel World newbie if he's teaching things to those who originally served the 'experienced, exposition-giving veterans' role.

I'm not sure what to think of the guidance counselor... his attitude didn't seem particularly sincere, I'm not sure whether he's honestly got Haru's back... the guy beating up Haru on the rooftop pissed me off at first, though based on his reaction after Haru insisted he's innocent, I guess he's just a protective boyfriend rather than a total piece of crap. Though with that said, I wouldn't at all mind see Haru taking him up on his offer 'Hit me as many times as you'd like if I'm wrong.'

I love the fuck out of this show. <3
Old 2012-08-24, 22:35   Link #26
Dark Wing

If only that timer didn't run out Haru would've wrecked Nomi's ass a second time.

So he get to see Chrome Disaster pick his head up again I wonder how long it's going to be before it takes over Haru completely.
Old 2012-08-24, 23:31   Link #27
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hurt... painful....
the only funny scene is when Haruyuki talk with Taku about Sky Raker and Ash Roller

it's hurt to feel NTR'd
it's hurt to be left alone when you're in difficult position (losing your sanity and your best friend)
and it's hurt to be slandered....

I love how Haruyuki try to stand strong... you're so 'manly' now

next episode we'll see Niko~chaaannn again
Old 2012-08-25, 00:24   Link #28
Azure King
Snr Spammer

i haven't seen epi 20 yet, but from the sounds of things, i think i will wait until next week and see 20+21 together so i won't have to rage too much
Old 2012-08-25, 01:34   Link #29
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
i haven't seen epi 20 yet, but from the sounds of things, i think i will wait until next week and see 20+21 together so i won't have to rage too much
The end of 20 is really inspiring though things have gotten really bad for Haru but he's going to brave the storm. Nomi may have started the rumors but no one can prove anything and even though Haru is getting crap for it he's going to keep fighting until he finally beats Nomi once and for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
next episode we'll see Niko~chaaannn again
Remeber don't use Chan or Tan she might blast you from orbit...
Old 2012-08-25, 03:36   Link #30
Tsukou

I think one thing people should keep in mind to reduce the rage is know that eventually, Noumi will get his ass handed to him. I don't care how, but eventually it's got to happen, right? That's what keeps me going thinking, "Yes Noumi.. keep doing that.. you'll get yours soon enough..."

Aside from that the end of the episode is definitely great, because it's shown how much Haruyuki has grown since the beginning of Accel World, and that's what you want to see. He's facing his problems head on, which was a nice way to end the episode, because it definitely makes me feel better about him.
Old 2012-08-25, 04:24   Link #31
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
It seems that in AW to record video or audio with your NeuroLinker you need permission/consent from the other party. As seen when Haru told the teacher "I'm recording this". Which is the reason KYH surprises Haru when she took a pic of him secretly without consent early in the series.
I think what he meant is that he's recording as proof, just in case.

Also, according to the novel...
Spoiler for Novel vs Anime - Omitted Stuff:

Anyway, good episode, lots of emotions thrown in.
Surprisingly, Disaster's seed is already beginning to affect Silver Crow.

And Takumu's imitation of Ash Roller was pretty funny...I guess he's used to seeing him.
Old 2012-08-25, 06:53   Link #32
Lycodrake

Well, it went about as I expected, besides the rumor part.
Decent episode, but not really a favorite.
Looking forward to the next one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Niko returns!!!!キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!
This. :3c
Old 2012-08-25, 07:31   Link #33
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Great episode. Good for Haru that he managed develop a spine now. Since he hit bottom, he climbing back up now.

Now then, the solution for their problem would camp Noumi till death. This would be difficult but not impossible. They have to find a way to break that invisibility to matching list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
He was never a spineless jellyfish, but I very much agree that I enjoyed his development in his episode. I'm especially glad that he's managed to steel himself considering that the last few minutes of the episode were very depressing. And to think that Accel World comes from the same author that wrote Sword Art Online... where's the good fortune you shine upon Kirito "I am incredibly handsome and everyone I meet adores me" Kazuto, Kawahara?

Loved the dream sequence, wonderfully dark and morbid.

I thought it was neat seeing Haru teach Taku something about Accel World he didn't know before (The Incarnate System). I think it's safe to say that Haru can no longer be considered an Accel World newbie if he's teaching things to those who originally served the 'experienced, exposition-giving veterans' role.

I love the fuck out of this show. <3
I am guessing you are one of those who believe that Kirito is a Marty Stu... But for some reason, I seem to agree with you.

It's also a sign that CD is taking root into Haru's mind which is not good.

I believe Haru is now along the lines of above average player. He's no newbie but he has a long way to go.

True. Next week: Niko <3
Old 2012-08-25, 07:44   Link #34
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I am guessing you are one of those who believe that Kirito is a Marty Stu... But for some reason, I seem to agree with you.
Nah, I don't think Kirito's a Marty Stu at all. He just seems to have a much more blessed social life than Haru (at least so far).

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2
True. Next week: Niko <3
My reaction exactly. I love the befuddled expression she has in the preview <3
Old 2012-08-25, 08:13   Link #35
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
It's nice to see Haru really man-up in this episode.

OTOH, Nomi already playing this "invading the girl's washroom" card makes him seem less clever to me. It's now one less thing he can hold over Haru's head and use for blackmailing purposes.

It's certainly possible that Nomi feels that Haru is now useless to him (he has Haru's wings, and a healer in Chiyu as a seeming ally, after all). And I guess that Nomi is really just a total dick and gets off on bullying people.

I think that the emotions swirling around Haru, Taku, and Chiyu were presented well. I could tell how conflicted Chiyu feels. That's not to say that I necessarily agree what she's doing, but I think this episode makes it clear that at least she's not an out-and-out villain like Nomi.

Episode 20 wasn't exactly an enjoyable watch, given its more rage-inducing elements, but it does build up the plot well, and it had a lot of good character moments. For that, I give it 8/10.
Old 2012-08-25, 08:22   Link #36
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

All that's lacking in the episode is Haruyuki doing a spoof of L's potato chip scene.

I'll take a spoonful of curry... AND EAT IT!!
Old 2012-08-25, 08:39   Link #37
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I must have missed it but where did Nico go? Thought she was going to stay with Haru.
Old 2012-08-25, 09:04   Link #38
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
There's actually a very good reason for Kawahara's seemingly variable and erratic competency as an author, in his works, in animated form.

Spoiler for Touching on the LN Nature of Kawahara's Works:

So, in short, I don't think there's really much of a reason to be surprised if you treat those differences in character quality as a sign of an improving, maturing author.

And I think that's the problem with the way people look at Kawahara's works - there's an assumption that we're reading an author at his peak, while in actuality, we are reading an author whose writing potential hasn't maxed out yet.

I for one can't see what's the main issue people have with the Noumi arc. Can someone please provide a detailed judgement on why Noumi is a walking plot device, rather than simply dropping that label?

P.s: Horray for Nico! KYH and Nico are some of AW's best written characters.
Old 2012-08-25, 09:29   Link #39
Dr. Casey

Oh, I wasn't inferring anything about the quality of the writing or the story. I just meant that Kirito seems comparatively lucky compared to Haru socially, and doesn't go through the same kind of social heartache and misfortunate that Haru has. Though now I think about it, Kirito does have the 'Beater' stigma against him, so they're both outcasts in a sense.

How old is Kawahara, out of curiosity? I assume he's a fairly young guy and hasn't been writing too long, since your skills tend to improve the most rapidly early on (Though you of course never stop improving with time and experience), and having each volume show a noticeable improvement is certainly a rapid gain.
Old 2012-08-25, 10:53   Link #40
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

One of my favorite story tropes is the bad guy who becomes good. However, after much reflection, I really want to see Nomi have his skull pounded through some cement blocks a few thousand times. I wish the boys would have found Nomi and punched his lights out something good. i know it would have made me feel better, at least.

I ~really~ loathe him.

Last edited by PonSquared; 2012-08-25 at 11:17. Reason: Like, totatly what~ever . . .
Closed Thread