Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-07-18, 22:53   Link #81
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore
Just be aware that you have to take the Amtrak train and not the MARC, as it doesn't run on weekends. It's about 1.5 miles from Penn Station to the BCC, and the easiest way to get there is by foot (walk straight down Charles St. and hang a right) or cab (shouldn't be more than $5-8 and you can split it with your friend). IIRC there's also a bus that will take you down St. Paul, but the weekend bus schedules aren't so hot.
I did the calculations today for using the Amtrak train from Union Station in DC to Baltimore Penn, plus either using the Light Rail or taxi. I think we figured out that even with the parking, it turns out to be slightly cheaper if we just drive and park. Advantage is if we don't want to lug the huge bags around the convention center, we can just toss it in the car.

I won't be able to make it to the fansubbing panel, though I would like to meet some of you guys. Like I said, I'll be around the convention on Sat. mainly going for the merchants' hall and sitting down for industry panels. Hopefully, we'll get some good US licensing news.
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 00:10   Link #82
asunder
the ancient biter

Having yankees vs orioles games next door to the BCC during the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the convention will make traffic a nightmare. Be warned.
asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 03:35   Link #83
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by asunder
Having yankees vs orioles games next door to the BCC during the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the convention will make traffic a nightmare. Be warned.
I'm going into Baltimore under the false pretense that I will be attending that game.
Old 2006-07-19, 03:55   Link #84
Lost

Its at times like this I curse why wasnt I born in America. Would it be too much to politely ask for pictures of you guys partying hard?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 03:57   Link #85
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Its at times like this I curse why wasnt I born in America. Would it be too much to politely ask for pictures of you guys partying hard?
It would not be too much, but I hardly see the appeal of looking at pictures of drunk otaku. It really isn't any prettier than it sounds.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 09:15   Link #86
Lost

Well pictures would be the next best thing for me; but dont worry I've come up with a solution. If I get drunk on sake and view the pictures, I'm sure it'll be much prettier.

In anycase, I'm serious about photos; if anyone would be kind enough to share, I'll be his/her slave forever. Please PM me to get my gmail address or something.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 01:27   Link #87
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Whoa! I think I'll get myself a slave~!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 07:43   Link #88
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
It's quite too far away for me to travel to. I got too much school and work to travel, especially toward that direction. Have fun, and take some picture. We at the animesuki board will be waiting for you guys/gals pictures.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 12:56   Link #89
H_I
Local wino!!

Send a message via AIM to H_I Send a message via MSN to H_I
I will help with the pictures. I am bringing My Camcorder and Digital. So if needed I will send them to the mods for uploading. Or I can just use my own server space and do it.
H_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 17:30   Link #90
GameraBaenre

I'll be at Otakon. Last year was my first visit to Otakon, and I had a blast. So coming back out there from way over here on the left coast. It's an interesting comparison with AX

Anyone here going to enter in the Model Contest?
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 22:21   Link #91
Xiithros
死神の血まみれ

Anyone going to Otakon '07?

Well, I'm only going for three days... I'm not dressing up this year though. T.T; I will next year though.

Last edited by Xiithros; 2007-07-13 at 05:56.
Xiithros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 12:23   Link #92
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Can't wait for next weekend.

Hopefully, I can get an autograph from one of the Japanese guests (with my avatar being a hint to the guest that interests me autograph-wise).
Old 2007-07-15, 07:37   Link #93
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

I wont be able to make it, I will be visiting my father in Florida.

However, I will be going to Anime-Central 2008, I went this year (It was may 11-13), and had a blast.
pingu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 20:29   Link #94
Starks
*Scanlator

Will this year's fansubbing panel at Otakon be interactive like last year?

Just wondering if there will be a Skype or IRC channel for bums like me that won't be able attend.
Old 2007-07-17, 23:03   Link #95
YaoiBoy
[Live-eviL] Naughty Boy
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to YaoiBoy
I will try to have Shoutcast running again this year. I'll also see about getting a mic for the people who ask questions.

Thanks!
-YaoiBoy
YaoiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 00:19   Link #96
xat
*Fansubber

It seemed to me that last time it was mostly a grab bag of sorts, with discussion based largely off of Q&A -- not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. I just hope the panel has a bolder focus that would lend itself to more interesting discussion. Will be there again this year, incognito of course.
xat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 01:25   Link #97
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xat View Post
It seemed to me that last time it was mostly a grab bag of sorts, with discussion based largely off of Q&A -- not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. I just hope the panel has a bolder focus that would lend itself to more interesting discussion. Will be there again this year, incognito of course.
If I remember correctly, you ducked out about 15 minutes in.
Old 2012-05-29, 08:48   Link #98
Kirarakim

Hope it is okay to bump such an old thread but I couldn't find anything more recent.

I know it's a little ways away but just wondering if anyone else is planning on going to Otakon this year?

I just registered and I am pretty excited since it's the first time I am able to go for a couple years (just hope I don't feel too old when I am there )
Old 2012-05-29, 08:55   Link #99
Kyuu
=^^=

Like I had asked in the AX thread:

Someone do me a favor and see if there's riichi mahjong here. Posting around the mahjong circles via other communities, particularly IRC, there was a riichi mahjong group around Otakon.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 09:45   Link #100
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Like I had asked in the AX thread:

Someone do me a favor and see if there's riichi mahjong here. Posting around the mahjong circles via other communities, particularly IRC, there was a riichi mahjong group around Otakon.
Actually probably the best place to ask is the Otakon boards themselves

http://board.otakon.com/

Tags
conventions, otakon