AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-24, 15:29   Link #1
Rebochan
Clubbing

Finished Loki, and...

Well, I finally finished all of Matantei Loki Ragnarok, and I love it from beginning to end! Still, the way they ended it, is there any chance of a second series?

Spoiler:
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 15:33   Link #2
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Yeah i agree with you, i love this series. Mayura is the best god i love her. My fav episode was the iron wok spoof. I would love to see another series or read the manga if it has more.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 15:43   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Well, it all depends on the producers. Depends on whether they want to make some more investments. I guess they'll have to see how well the series is doing and how much money it made/is making. The DVDs aren't all out yet. We'll just have to see.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 16:13   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I thought that this show had the most unique ending I have ever seen and it would be ruined if they did a second season.

Instead of going to Asgard to fight against Odin, Loki and all of them decided to simply stay on earth and ignore him. It was brilliant and poetic. Since Odin is a raving megalomaniac eager to take on Loki in the name of ending Ragnarok his actions created the necessity of Ragnarok. If Loki went to Asgard, Odin would get the Ragnarok he desires. The perfect response was to simply ignore Odin. They stay on earth so that Odin doesn't get his war. Odin can rave impotently in Asgard while everyone ignores him

Everyone gets to stay on earth which they love, instead of going to Asgard where war and pain are waiting.

Of course Odin will send more people after Loki. He's not done yet, but every time he does, Loki will simply convert or defeat them like he did everyone else that Odin sent. Eventually Odin will be all alone, walking Asgard's hall in a royal snit and muttering to himself.

If there was a second season, this image will be ruined!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 18:21   Link #5
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I hated the way they introduced Spica at the end. The ending would've been fine without her showing up. x.x;
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 01:45   Link #6
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

sequel

Maybe not a 2nd season, But I lwould love to see a short oav series for a follow on the characters. Maybe having Loki's wife and mistress showing up together
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:22   Link #7
majinvash

Detective Loki Ragnorok Question

I have just finished watching it.. and athough it had a cutsy ending ... not the violent battle of the gods i was really expecting.. I really did enjoy the series...

26eps.. and the last bit implied that it might be carried on.. (like most series i know but)

So does anyone know if there is going to be more Loki or is that my lot??

Its a spooky Mystery!

Also anyone with GIF skillz could make an awesome one of him powering up his weapon

If ya do let me know
majinvash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 17:45   Link #8
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by majinvash
I have just finished watching it.. and athough it had a cutsy ending ... not the violent battle of the gods i was really expecting.. I really did enjoy the series...

26eps.. and the last bit implied that it might be carried on.. (like most series i know but)

So does anyone know if there is going to be more Loki or is that my lot??
The manga is still going, and there's definitely potential for a second season--no mention of more Loki on Anime Daisuki though, so it might be a while before it happens
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 22:45   Link #9
jhn195
Prince of the Saiyans

Smile Matantei Loki Ragnarok *Slight Spoilers*

Heya all, i just finished this 26 ep anime and found it to be quite entertaining though the actions seems repetitive. There are a few things i don't get it (maybe i'm slow...oh well)

1. What's the reason Loki was banished from the world of gods? After 26 ep i still don't get it, and i think neither does Loki hehe

2. Why Loki's daughter Hel died? Gods live forever don't they. She just sleep on Loki's lap and there she goes.........

3. How Loki able to transform back to his normal self?

4. Does the ending suggest a sequel? Why do you guys think?
jhn195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 23:59   Link #10
KuroiWolfie

Send a message via AIM to KuroiWolfie
1)Well Odin banished Loki from the world of the gods to prevent ragnarok (the end of the world) from happening.

2)We don't exactly know that Hel died, she could just have gone back to the world of the gods. According to the norse mythology gods can die.

4) I read somewhere that the manga is still ongoing so there might be a sequel.
KuroiWolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 00:39   Link #11
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhn195
Heya all, i just finished this 26 ep anime and found it to be quite entertaining though the actions seems repetitive. There are a few things i don't get it (maybe i'm slow...oh well)

1. What's the reason Loki was banished from the world of gods? After 26 ep i still don't get it, and i think neither does Loki hehe

2. Why Loki's daughter Hel died? Gods live forever don't they. She just sleep on Loki's lap and there she goes.........

3. How Loki able to transform back to his normal self?

4. Does the ending suggest a sequel? Why do you guys think?
1. Odin was jealous of freya's love for loki so he use ragnarok as an excuse to banish loki from the realm of the gods

2. Loki's daughter didnt die, she just was forced to return to the world of the gods because she had no reason to stay in the human realm because she kenw her father did not hate her

3.There are 2 ways for loki to change to his god form- since loki is the prankster god he can collect evil to empower himself and also he will become a god if odin forces him into that form as a challenge to a duel

4.theres no actual information a sequel but the probally will be, also use the search option and find the other Raganarok thread ;p
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 04:38   Link #12
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
2. Why Loki's daughter Hel died? Gods live forever don't they
Like Kuroiwolfie said, gods in norse mythology can die. In real norse mythology Loki himself was responsible for the death of Baldur, the god of innocence, beauty and peace. For this crime, Loki was bound with chains and a never-ending stream of venom from a serpent sears his face until he will finally escape and take part in Ragnarok.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 12:08   Link #13
jhn195
Prince of the Saiyans

I agree with that but it did not mention how and why loki would cause ragnarok =p

Odin is jealous of freya's love for loki? Hmm i must have miss that part. Funny that Odin's appearance was not seen in any of the episodes

Looks like different ppl has different interpretation on Hel. So if gods can die then it is still debatable whether she did die or was forced back into the world of gods (didn't notice this part though) =P

Some things is just so vague. In the end Loki seem to change back into his original form but he have not collected enough evil and Odin did not challenge him into a duel. After the scene with his daughter he just become back to normal......

However i found the ending it bit unpredictable as loki choose to remain in his child form and stay on earth along with other gods just for Mayura's sake. I would expect as least a duel with Odin or return to their own world
jhn195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 13:06   Link #14
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
I agree with that but it did not mention how and why loki would cause ragnarok =p
Loki doesn't cause Ragnarok though he and his offspring do play a major role in the final battle. Ragnarok will happen no matter what the gods do and the gods know that as well as it has been prophetized (remarkably accurately, as they even know who is going to die in Ragnarok). Oh and Ragnarok can also be viewed as a good thing as after it a new world without misery will be formed.

I guess that none of these things would really fit in Matantei Loki Ragnarok's mangled version of the mythology
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 21:01   Link #15
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz
I guess that none of these things would really fit in Matantei Loki Ragnarok's mangled version of the mythology
That's the problem - I wouldn't count on the show following real Norse mythology very closely. I don't think the real Hel would be as cute for example
PocariSweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 02:27   Link #16
aniforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocariSweat
That's the problem - I wouldn't count on the show following real Norse mythology very closely. I don't think the real Hel would be as cute for example
yea i agree after watching a few ep of ragnarok i was curious about the myth so i went and research on norse mythology. dang there we some dark pic especially the one with loki chained up with the serpent eck. i think the anime version can't be exact or anywhere near the original story since it's a comedy with cute characters. there is no way it can become dark like the original myth.
aniforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 02:53   Link #17
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

I kind of like how the show paints a sort of "revisionist" Norse history where Loki is the good guy and Odin the bad. In the original mythology while Loki may not of been pure evil, he wasn't exactly what you'd call a nice guy. Of course, "history" often depends on who's doing the writing, and the show's take on it has Odin likely to blame for Loki's bad reputation (as they say - it's good to be king).
PocariSweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 12:17   Link #18
PS2kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshiba
I hated the way they introduced Spica at the end. The ending would've been fine without her showing up. x.x;
I've just saw the ending. The very last part of the ending is a great clue that there will be a sequel. But how did you know that girl's name is Spica ?
PS2kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 02:37   Link #19
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Matantei Loki Ragnorak

So....how is this?Full details but nothing to spoil.
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 04:28   Link #20
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
It's an okay anime. Nothing especially deep, but not mindless drivel either. If I had to categorize, I'd say it's Magical Boy anime. Done in pretty much shounen style.

It does suffer from some very weak filler episodes, though. Actually, I'd say about two-thirds of the anime can be considered filler.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote