Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-24, 05:59   Link #181
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
The band for this OP, Downtown, is Roundtable, who apparently left Nino at home this time out (fuming I'm sure at being bumped by Ma'aya).
Round Table have been going since 1998, and upto now they've released 4/5 albums without Nino. Nino is just an addition, and it's not the first time they've worked with a vocalist that isn't her.
Old 2010-10-24, 11:07   Link #182
Kunagisa

Oh man, episode 3 had me lol-ing out of my ass too. The supporting cast in this series is pretty stellar. I've found myself liking the 1st episode of many other series in this season, but this is the first one I watch for new episodes when I have free time. As I've said before from the last episode, Omigawa's absolutely perfect for this; while I was watching, I was wondering if she really does talk in this manner without the character voice on outside of work when she is little or something.

Over the years the only VA I've really only fan over is Megumi Hayashibara (due to massive fanboying to Lina, Rei, and Anna, and I grew up watching Slayers =P, as well as her voice just clicks for me in general), so it is kinda interesting part of the reason I'm looking forward to a show is because of a character voice.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 14:58   Link #183
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Oh, I know that one. Hotori turned the phrase into 'sore wa ika-n'. Yeah, it was a pretty lame joke.
Still means nothing to me.

cat-onion-squid = ? (sore wa ika ?)
squid pro quo = sore wa ika-n

Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 16:48   Link #184
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for SoreMachi 03 - Detective Opera Seaside:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 16:54   Link #185
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

Spoiler for boring pun stuff:
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 17:40   Link #186
Dop
Mmmm....

I wouldn't want that cube painting either. Creepy or what?
"Sore wa ika" - wait, what show am I watching again?

Three episodes in and a Zetsubou-Sensei reference. Hurrah!

Looking forward to more Futaba - liked when Hotori suddenly realised Futaba was not a younger boy, but an older girl...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 22:27   Link #187
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

This show is great seriously, Hotori single-hand won the cake for me

After a good ep 1, ep 2 was kinda average, so i didn't have much hope watching ep 3. But Hotori just did it

PS: and i just noticed the lyrics of the ending. Best lyrics ever

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-10-24 at 23:00.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 03:57   Link #188
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Okay, somehow with two other series this season the word Tantei in its title, I found the mystery from the series with the maid cafe setting more interesting...Finally, after being shown as...less than bright for the past few episodes Hotori shows that she's quite good at solving mysteries. What's most amazing for me is that it's quite a fair play mystery, the clues has already been given so even the audience can come up with the same solution. Personally, I wish things like this will come up more often...

The rest of the episode is pretty good, too, the comedy is great as usual. Futaba Kon seems to be an interesting character as well, and seeing from the opening and ending seems that she will come up often in future episodes. Oh, and also, it seems that Ika Musume has really start invading the shows this season. Comparisons to index is obvious, there's ink blots all over Hyakkan Rouran, a story about squid villain in Star Driver and now a pun about squid in here...
Old 2010-10-28, 07:32   Link #189
zato_1one

I want to ask which fansub is more accurate? I watch both gg and Furukawa. Normally, I will stick with gg but it looks like they are trying to translate everything. They don't comment any pun jokes in the episode at all which is really confusing. Especially in episode 3, those squid jokes made me scratch my head.

Furukawa sub has comments about the jokes which really helps. But there are many different translations between both groups. I compare the translation with manga and it looks like gg translation is more resemble with it. May be this is the first series which I need to watch two times per episode from different fansub.

ED song is my most favorite in this season. This series is so good. I love the fact that Hotori actually has brain. She may be introduced like another air head character. But she has shown that she is capable of thinking and understanding too.
Old 2010-10-28, 12:04   Link #190
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
...As I've said before from the last episode, Omigawa's absolutely perfect for this; while I was watching, I was wondering if she really does talk in this manner without the character voice on outside of work when she is little or something....
Not sure about that, but I was surprised by the voice she uses in a radio show, which may be her "normal" speaking voice (podcast link at bottom left of page).

The radio show's blog has pics of Omigawa.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 15:51   Link #191
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Not sure about that, but I was surprised by the voice she uses in a radio show, which may be her "normal" speaking voice (podcast link at bottom left of page).
Yes, that's her normal voice. I'm rather fond of her performance as Nazuna in Hidamari Sketch, I wish she'd get to use this cute voice more often. Some may say it's a typical moe blob voice, but I like it better than the "annoying" (I can't think of a better word to describe it... sorry ) voice she uses in 90% of her roles. I know some people love it but that voice never truly did it for me. Even so, I can appreciate it when it fits the character, like in this series.
Old 2010-10-30, 01:55   Link #192
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Subs are out.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 07:32   Link #193
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... I used to think that he was the voice of sanity in this series but I guess I was wrong. As of episode 4, sensei is as insane as Hotori, if not more.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 09:44   Link #194
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So... I used to think that he was the voice of sanity in this series but I guess I was wrong. As of episode 4, sensei is as insane as Hotori, if not more.
I never imagined he would be this crazy either. Loved how -even if it was only for a second- he considered the possibility that Hotori and his teacher were in reality the same person who traveled through time
I was also a bit surprised to learn Hotori is only bad at maths. This proves once and for all that she isn't an airhead. I hope we'll get to see her put her detective skills to use again later on.

Tattsun episode next week? Yes, please! I missed her in that one.
Old 2010-10-30, 09:52   Link #195
Sides

Moriaki and those finger puppets, pure genius.
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 10:51   Link #196
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Moriaki and those finger puppets, pure genius.
Spoiler:
They don't look alike but I assumed it was her.
Old 2010-10-30, 11:44   Link #197
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
An overly sane and ordered mind can become a source of insanity in a world that lacks order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I never imagined he would be this crazy either. Loved how -even if it was only for a second- he considered the possibility that Hotori and his teacher were in reality the same person who traveled through time
I was also a bit surprised to learn Hotori is only bad at maths. This proves once and for all that she isn't an airhead. I hope we'll get to see her put her detective skills to use again later on.

Tattsun episode next week? Yes, please! I missed her in that one.
Actually I thought that was well thought out. Time travel is the kind of thought/joke that would appeal to a math teacher.

Might I also point out that his old teacher really should have just explained that you can go further in dividing the remainder, but that this skill was going to be taught at a higher grade level.

It's so annoying that teachers get threatened by a student that surpasses their curriculum material, and instead of just explaining that it will covered later and offering some books for the student to study the subject further on their own, the teacher decides to humiliate and mock the student into shutting up.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:16   Link #198
Sparvid
*hic*

Epic chair-sitting! Loved the way Hotori was just standing there and looking around as Moriaki dealt with the chair problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Might I also point out that his old teacher really should have just explained that you can go further in dividing the remainder, but that this skill was going to be taught at a higher grade level.
*sniff* Reminds me of when I was in fourth grade or so, and we were taught percentage in school. At the time there were news about how the prime rate was being raised with 500%.
Obviously I didn't know much about economy back then, but I did see references to "500%" in the headlines. So I asked about what "more than 100%" meant and basically got the answer "No, 100% is everything, there's nothing larger than that".
Old 2010-10-30, 14:20   Link #199
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
*sniff* Reminds me of when I was in fourth grade or so, and we were taught percentage in school. At the time there were news about how the prime rate was being raised with 500%.
Obviously I didn't know much about economy back then, but I did see references to "500%" in the headlines. So I asked about what "more than 100%" meant and basically got the answer "No, 100% is everything, there's nothing larger than that".
Ah man this reminds me of the time I found out weight is not actually what it means in everyday use, I find out in my physics class that the right term for our "weight" is mass but everyone uses weight anyway.
I asked why this was and the class had a debate over the matter for the rest of lesson.
That happened alot in physics, questions raised and debate followed for the rest of the lesson

Moving on, I gotta say Moriaki made this ep, his "war" with Hotori is brilliant.
His little laugh when he comes up with the chair plan was bloody funny

Looking forward to some Tattsun action next ep, I kinda guess what chapter it will be but I'm also hoping on another chapter showing up at some point
Old 2010-10-30, 18:48   Link #200
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
:face palm: That is classic.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen