Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-22, 12:48   Link #161
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli View Post
The manga version made a lot more sense:
it is very RARE when an anime is as good or better than the manga. I have given up in my expectations of manga being made into anime. I only hope they do a decent job and if by any chance they made the anime as good or better than the manga, that is a bonus
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 15:52   Link #162
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I haven't heard of ROUND TABLE since Chobits ended so it was quite a surprise for me that they have this beautiful song included in their track.
They did many of the Endings for the ARIA series if you are interested.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 21:49   Link #163
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
it is very RARE when an anime is as good or better than the manga. I have given up in my expectations of manga being made into anime. I only hope they do a decent job and if by any chance they made the anime as good or better than the manga, that is a bonus
actually it really just depends on which one was made first IMO

for example, Jigoku Shoujo manga was made after the anime.

unless of course u still think its better

but of course in this case, the manga is definately more favourited for me.
AngelsThesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 22:20   Link #164
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsThesis View Post
guess that means u didnt see NHK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
They did many of the Endings for the ARIA series if you are interested.
I see, guess i'll check them out. Thanks .
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 04:01   Link #165
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Silver :'(
Old 2008-10-23, 04:16   Link #166
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

I'm really loving the OP for this - Just Tune by Savage Genius.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 02:02   Link #167
Cight

Ep4 explained a lot. Now I know why Hime sits one seat away from Akina.

Spoiler for Ep4:

Good episode.
Cight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 02:56   Link #168
kujoe
from head to heel

Hmmm.

Spoiler for episode 4:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 04:25   Link #169
Oxtail

Spoiler for episode 4:
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 04:36   Link #170
JediNight
キズランダム

I've been thinking about it lately and -- what genre is this show supposed to be anyways? Is it technically a shoujo title? It seems to incorporate elements of shoujo, slice of life, action/monster of the week more commonly used in shounen (along with the demon thing), bishies and regular fanservice.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 05:17   Link #171
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Hmmm.

Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler for eps 4:
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 05:18   Link #172
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
I've been thinking about it lately and -- what genre is this show supposed to be anyways? Is it technically a shoujo title? It seems to incorporate elements of shoujo, slice of life, action/monster of the week more commonly used in shounen (along with the demon thing), bishies and regular fanservice.
Shounen can have pretty boys too. In fact, there are a lot of those right now.

Yozakura Quartet is more of a shounen in my eyes, personally speaking. It's also being published by Shounen Sirius Magazine.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 05:39   Link #173
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Pretty funny ep. Tsundere song is win, and so was the random "I'm sick of your clothes comment." Then she changes into something much more plain. There's so many cool-looking characters in this show. The character designs were what got me into this show in the first place, so I hope each of the characters gets enough development and screentime.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 08:41   Link #174
LKK

Quote:
The fact that Akina tells Kotoha to keep his encounter with Enjin a secret to both Hime and Ao seems to point to this.
That's not what the sub lines say.

Kotoha: Is it alright? Not telling her [Hime]...
Akina: Yeah. Tell Ao to keep it a secret as well.

I read that as saying Ao knows but Akina wants to be sure that Ao doesn't say anything about it to Hime either. Of course, it's possible the sub is wrong. I wouldn't know.

Although the animation quality dropped, the storyline took a huge step forward. A very interesting episode with lots and lots of future implications.

Interesting revelation that Kotoha is a half-youkai. Is she not a full youkai because she was once human (mentioned in ep 2)? Or is she the child of a human and a youkai? If so, then why did she say in ep 2 that she was once human?

Just like he did with Silver and to some extent Rin, Akina is taking the lion's share of the burden on himself with regards to possessed Gin. Still, he couldn't bring himself to send Gin to the other side effectively killing him. The city will likely suffer some from that decision. But I hope ultimately Akina will be shown to have made the right decision.

The three monkeys were an interesting metaphor and showed how well the friends know each other. Akina doesn't always listen to others advice. If he had listened to Hime's advice about Gin, then he would have been able to tune him when they met later. Hime goes straightforward without looking. If she was more careful about looking, she would have seen for herself how the citizens were reacting to her behavior with Silver. Since we don't know much about Gin's true personality, we'll have to trust that he doesn't have a very talkative personality. Based on his behavior during the flashback, I'd say that was likely though.

As for any relationship between Ao and Gin, that's something the anime has changed -- or more likely delayed -- from the manga. By this time in the manga, their connection has been made more clear.

One thing still confuses me though. Is Enjin an individual youkai? Or is the collective name for all the youkai who are trying to break through the barrier? The series seems to use it both ways.

Final comment for now: loved the tsun tsun dere song!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2008-10-25 at 08:45. Reason: added comment about Kotoha's heritage
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 08:47   Link #175
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Hmmm.

Spoiler for episode 4:
There might be another reason Akina doesn't want ether of them to know that was revealed in the credits. As Enjin's full name is...
Spoiler for ep 4 credits:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
One thing still confuses me though. Is Enjin an individual youkai? Or is the collective name for all the youkai who are trying to break through the barrier? The series seems to use it both ways.
Spoiler for Enjin:
Old 2008-10-25, 09:07   Link #176
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Spoiler for Enjin:
From this scene in ep 4. When the boy leader meets the youkai who has been with possessed Gin, they have this conversation.

Leader: Was it you that entered through the barrier and then sneaked over here?
Youkai: The Enjin were not involved in previous fights.

It could just be a translation / English problem. But by referring to "The Enjin" and using the plural verb form, the implication is that there is more than one. Otherwise, the sentence should have been "Enjin was not involved in previous fights" or "The Enjin was not involved in previous fights" if an English honorific title were required. When I combine this dialogue with the elder's conversation with Hime in ep 1 about how "they" have been trying to break through the barrier with 4 attacks in the last six months, it made me wonder if Enjin was a single entity or the name of a collective group. Most of time, Enjin has been used to address the fox guy, but there have been just enough instances where it was used collectively that I became unsure.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-10-25, 09:30   Link #177
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

It's a translation problem, Enjin is one guy
Old 2008-10-25, 09:38   Link #178
LKK

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confuzzled.

Old 2008-10-25, 12:08   Link #179
lmd_84

Ep3: I didn't get the whole dog thing. Yes, Hime has her responsibilities as the Mayor, but how was it so inconceivable for Akina that she couldn't deal with those and having a pet, without negatively affecting the opinion the townspeople had of her? Sounded to me like she was willing to try, just stubborn about it.

Of all the personal things that could effect someone in a position of authority like that (especially seeing as it doesn't look like Hime's very old), a dog is surely nothing. I can see where Akina was coming from, but I think maybe he should have given Hime a chance to deal with Silver. If this is the result with a dog, goodness knows what the wrong reaction to something/one else could be. That blue-haired guy has nothing wrong with abusing things related to the Mayor for his own ends.

Okay, so I'm just over thinking this because seeing the dog get killed/Tuned depressed me.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 13:16   Link #180
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think the Silver situation can be put more on the complaining old guy. Akina in his position had to put forward the complaints and where that kind of view is coming from. Of course I'm hoping it was more than one person since taking one old whiners complaint as going for the whole town might be a bit much.
Spoiler for Ep4:

Tags
action, comedy, shounen, supernatural