My nose... it be bleeding...
Old 2010-08-23, 14:10   Link #1923
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep43:
Old 2010-08-23, 15:09   Link #1924
amjzz

Episode 43 shows the powers of the members of fairy tail.

I wonder why they included the dragonslayers age thing and removed things that are more important.

This arc show that the phantom lord arc was just a joke. Evergreen, bickslow, freed could defeat the whole phantom lord guild alone.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 16:18   Link #1925
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ The element 4 and Jose are quite strong though...Sol exempted Freed seems to be the toughest nut from the bunch, his runes seem very broken.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 16:34   Link #1926
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ The element 4 and Jose are quite strong though...Sol exempted Freed seems to be the toughest nut from the bunch, his runes seem very broken.
Yhep, why else do you think they haven't been rapped so far? Gajeel is stuck in there with them and our sweet Juvia is turned to stone (which makes me hate Evergreen even more).
Old 2010-08-23, 16:40   Link #1927
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The Phantom Lord Arc wasn't a joke, it was just Phantom Lord themselves that were the jokes...

I mean really, their strongest mage was the Iron Dragon Slayer, who got beat by Fairy Tail's Fire Dragon Slayer, who still isn't allowed to go on S-Class missions by himself yet... And only one out of Fairy Tail's Top F...Three rather, were present at the actual battle and she was the least experienced of them. Not to mention that MystGun was wiping the rest of the Phantom sub-divisions out by himself...yeah, Fairy Tail has the firepower to take over small nations.
Old 2010-08-23, 16:43   Link #1928
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
Best Scene!!

She has some big tits over there

Who wanna see Erza's stripped pantsu after these scene ?
Old 2010-08-23, 16:43   Link #1929
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Fairy Tail has the firepower to take over small nations.
So did Jose, he practically took on all of Fairy Tail by himself, having trouble only with Lucy (nutcracker), Erza (respective fight) and Makarov (holy cataclysmic light ownage).
Old 2010-08-23, 16:54   Link #1930
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well now that was as great as the rest of the series has been like so far, they really have managed to capture and maintain the feel of the manga, I can only applaud the studio for a top notch job.

Won't bother saying whats been said before but will have to say I also approve of Happy Cosplay, Lucy fits into alot of different cosplays pretty damn well

oh and I like how we actually get to see what's on Natsu's mind when trying to free Erza cause it's written all over his face

And now onwards to the my favorite fight of the arc, I know Shiro-chan is gonna love this fight, lots of delicious feet work to be had
Old 2010-08-23, 17:19   Link #1931
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
So did Jose, he practically took on all of Fairy Tail by himself, having trouble only with Lucy (nutcracker), Erza (respective fight) and Makarov (holy cataclysmic light ownage).
Well, he was suppose to. As one of the Ten Wizard Saints, they are suppose to have that kind of power. If Laxus was there to help out, he could have taken out the Elemental 4 by himself or the Raijin Tribe could have done it as well. MystGun wasn't even there... If both Guilds would have fought at full power, Fairy Tail would have completely destroyed them.

Spoiler for one more reason why Fairy Tail would have pwned Phantom harder:
Old 2010-08-23, 17:27   Link #1932
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
And now onwards to the my favorite fight of the arc, I know Shiro-chan is gonna love this fight, lots of delicious feet work to be had
Oh how you know me so well. :3
Old 2010-08-23, 21:22   Link #1933
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 42 was awesome, especially the pageant. It's interesting he wants to be the strongest but seems to be afraid of actually fighting the strongest, with the way he's rigged things up.
Old 2010-08-23, 22:20   Link #1934
Slayerx

Frankly i do kinda wish they did a bit more with the fights... like extending Elfman vs Evergreen, and Gray vs Bixlow

Quote:
Well you do have to remember that the runes take a very long time to set up and as such are impossible to use in active combat... that's pretty much the balancing element. What makes freed so dangerous in this fight is that he's had all the time he needed to booby trap the entire town and nows just where he needs to be in order to make others fall into those traps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I mean really, their strongest mage was the Iron Dragon Slayer, who got beat by Fairy Tail's Fire Dragon Slayer, who still isn't allowed to go on S-Class missions by himself yet... And only one out of Fairy Tail's Top F...Three rather, were present at the actual battle and she was the least experienced of them. Not to mention that MystGun was wiping the rest of the Phantom sub-divisions out by himself...yeah, Fairy Tail has the firepower to take over small nations.
Ya, the ranking is something that really annoyed me... Gray, Natsu, Elfman, Freed, Evergreen, and Bixlow are each considered A-class wizards and yet every single member of the elemental 4 and Gajeel are considered S-class... and yet when it comes down to it, the power level difference between them all was incredibly small. Ezra, Luxus on the other hand atleast give off the vide that they are a step above the A-class... by all means, except for MAYBE Aria, the elemental 4 should have been considered A-class. Really calling them S-class was really just a poor attempt to build up tension where none would really exist
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 00:09   Link #1935
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

To be fair, Juvia would be practically invincible against most opponents she would face, so she could easily be S class material.

Natsu's strength is also somewhat inconsistent. They mention his potential all the time but most of the time he is significantly weaker then Erza and the other S class Wizards in Fairy Tail. He was also absolutely no match for Aria, who Erza cut down with ease.

Natsu's abilities being tied to his emotions allows him to pull through against tough opponents like Gajeel, whose strength is probably more consistent.
Old 2010-08-24, 01:47   Link #1936
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Natsu is strong because he can increase his magic by eating his element; he would easily reach S-class if he spent a week in a volcano
Old 2010-08-24, 02:11   Link #1937
Clarste
Human

Natsu's MO is oddly similar to Popeye's, if you think about it.

I do believe that it's been implied that Dragon Slayer magic is at least partially powered by emotion though, so he really just gets as powerful as the plot needs him to be and then cools down afterwards.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 07:28   Link #1938
blewin

if Natsu starts using something other than fire magic, he may have a chance to level up further... for example, using Erza's armour to increase his defence?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 09:51   Link #1939
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Everyone knows that Natsu will make S-rank eventually: both Ezra and Makarov know it's only a matter of time. When using Dragon Force, Natsu's abilities are clearly S-ranked but when he's in 'normal' mode, which he's in most often, he rarely gets above A+. If Natsu could invoke Dragon Force on his own, without relying on certain cirumstances, he might be given the S-rank right now, but since he can't, Makarov is waiting until his 'normal mode' abilities are consistant with S-rank power.
Old 2010-08-24, 10:40   Link #1940
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
/facepalm

What the hell are trying to say? I wonder if you even understand what a spoiler is. A spoiler filled OP is still spoiler filled no matter how expected it is or not.
Facepalm some more because it is clearly you, the manga reader, who doesn't understand what spoiler is.

I had NEVER read the manga and didn't find myself to be spoiled THAT much from this OP.

The only ones who are always complaining about spoilers are manga readers, I know that from my own experience since I had watched/read Naruto, Bleach and FMA.

Each series OP foreshadows something, only a manga reader will know how exact those foreshadowings are.

The Naruto OP showed Hinata, Ino and Sakura fighting Konan. Someone would say "What a spoiler!" when in reality none of that happened while some other fights from OP did happen.

You manga readers view it differently, so stop arguing with someone who DID NOT READ IT and knows exactly the feeling reaceived from the OP, stop being a smartass.

Quote:
^
1. Luxus is a guild member, him attacking was unexpected, even if he looked down on them.
2. Elfman got his powers, I think most peeps would expect him to save the sister he has to make up for the one he lost, even if it means stacking powers on top of one character.
5 and 6. After the tower of paradise, I had totally forgotten about Gazille and Loki, the surprise in their appearances just got diminished a great deal.
7. If they spoiled that too, then I'd just watch the OP of every arc and finish FT in 6 episodes
1. Seeing his temper, how lowly he thought of everyone and all... no, nope suprise there. He didn't even bother to help when guil needed him and lusted for the position long time ago. Grandpa obviously didn't plan to give up his position to him so Laxus had to take action. What was spoiled though was Mystogan appearance. After I had watched new episode, the OP did spoil the feeling about it so yeh I can complain here a bit.
2. Elfman got his power back WAY back in Lucy's arc.
5 and 6. I never had forgotten them. Out of all side characters in each arc, Gajeel was the only one foreshadowed to show up again some time in the future. Loke had become Lucy's key, it is his job to fight and protect her. Considering how bad the situation is right now and that he is th emost powerful spirit in her collection, he would show up sooner or later.

Anyway about new ep:
Spoiler for 43:

Last edited by kitten320; 2010-08-24 at 10:51.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen