AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-20, 08:36   Link #661
JBourque

I blogged about episode 3 (catching up on a lot of anime). I wanted to address the question, as I had been literally asked it, of "Is this hentai?!?" ...Not exactly, but well, it's the biggest tease I've ever seen?

http://jp.learnoutlive.com/anime-rev...ora-episode-3/
JBourque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 08:39   Link #662
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBourque View Post
I blogged about episode 3 (catching up on a lot of anime). I wanted to address the question, as I had been literally asked it, of "Is this hentai?!?" ...Not exactly, but well, it's the biggest tease I've ever seen?

Don't worry then, that means you haven't watched Seikon no Qwaser or Queen's Blade yet.
Old 2010-10-20, 08:48   Link #663
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
She is pretty fine; it's a shame she is going to get burned if there is no reset.
Not burned but thrown away for Sora most likely if anything.....same thing to maybe Nao. Although Kazuha does still have Akira for some possible yuri if she is ok with Akira about it.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 10:44   Link #664
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBourque View Post

Not even remotely close to "hentai" ... the person who asked that might want to research that word a bit more As the review says though ... its definitely a huge tease that reminds me of a few live-action American series that regularly dove into the surreal (e.g. Ally MacBeal) and often left the viewer disoriented.
Old 2010-10-20, 10:59   Link #665
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Not bad for a first kiss between two people and probably her's as well.

She is pretty fine; it's a shame she is going to get burned if there is no reset.
I'm so hoping for a non-Sora end...
Old 2010-10-20, 12:38   Link #666
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not even remotely close to "hentai" ... the person who asked that might want to research that word a bit more As the review says though ... its definitely a huge tease that reminds me of a few live-action American series that regularly dove into the surreal (e.g. Ally MacBeal) and often left the viewer disoriented.
No, this is not close. I think the nudity may lead people to think that if they don't know any better though.

This series does tease you a lot though, that is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Yes but I somehow doubt we'll get one.
Old 2010-10-20, 12:55   Link #667
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
You might define what you mean by a "non-Sora end". I mean, even if you set the source material aside completely, based on the show's title ("Yosuga no Sora"), the OP/ED imagery, and the first episode, it's very clear that Sora is at the center of this story. So there's no point in even being coy about it... no matter how the story develops, there will be a "Sora End" in order to fulfill the anime's premise. (The ending of self-contained stories always, always tie back to the beginning to complete the circle.) But I am assuming what you really mean is that you hope that Haruka doesn't end up in love with Sora (that Haruka x Sora is the "final pairing"), and that could be a different issue.
Old 2010-10-20, 15:14   Link #668
Cabrini6000

This episode was interesting. I really like them as a couple. On a side note, I feel like Sora is going to walk into them kissing.

(on a side note, i just changed a thread with 666 posts into a thread with 667 posts. I feel like I'm defeating evil. )

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Cabrini6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 15:27   Link #669
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Now, if we could avoid talking about SD, while SnY has no vibes or event setup similar to it, that would be a lifesaver.
Well, to be fair, a lot of the series Yosuga no Sora reminds me of do have either catfights or involve sharp objects. But you're totally right about the event setup. School Days' ending was predictable because the game was famous for its violent endings. Yosuga no Sora isn't famous for that, so while I wouldn't be surprised to see catfights or sharp objects, I'd be very surprised to see dismemberment or assaults with a weapon.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 17:44   Link #670
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally watch ep 3 .

they love teasing us .

Anyway , Haru x Karu pairing now , seems like it'll keep like that .
Does it means that the other girls are no-match ? or are there many different endings ?

Some fanservices at every sketch ending .

Yeah me too i was thinking about School Days .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 20:58   Link #671
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I don't think this has been post here yet, so
Spoiler for Yosuga no Sora Full Version/PV of Omake ED:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 21:05   Link #672
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I have to agree here... The PV is indeed random in a way o.o
Old 2010-10-20, 21:18   Link #673
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Not only is it more random, the dance is outright bizarre...
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 21:19   Link #674
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
lulz... that's some random crazyness. well, gotta say I prefer the actual anime ED. way funnier.
btw, I like the song too. and I still say the omake ED is the best one; both the song and the animation that comes with it.
Old 2010-10-20, 22:53   Link #675
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Reading all of these comments, I feel like i'm the only one here who likes Kazuha the most lol.
Old 2010-10-20, 23:40   Link #676
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
The 2ch post.
Spoiler:

After my initial shock to episode 3 the other day, I decided today to go and re-watch the first two episodes. The more I think about it the more it makes sense, especially with the oh sh** troll-style cliffhangers being in the first two episodes, but not in the 3rd.

Then there's the fact that episode one concentrated on all of the girls, and broke right out with "Sora loves Haru" yet it's downplayed in episode 2, and suddenly Kazuha/Akira are the only ones really concentrated upon. Episode 3 was 80% Kazuha and 20% Akira but even then it was mostly Akira's relation to Kazuha and the situation between them while she got closer to haru.

As much as I have a sour taste about the direction the story has suddenly gone (ep 3), I can't wait to see the next episode to see if this theory holds true, not only because it'll be one of those "everyone gets what they want" scenarios with this series, but also because we get to see something different happen in each of those cliffhangers. The start of episode 5 being different from 3 in possibly such a simple way as someone else finding Haru outside the door, and 7 being different from 2... maybe things go a bit beyond just measuring?

The major downside here is that each 'arc' will very likely feel rushed, kind of how everyone (including myself) is shocked about how fast things suddenly went in the direction they are. However there's still a good chance that they could do each 'arc' justice, and we can end up with 4 mini-series about this group of characters.

The thing I'm most worried about is if this happens will I really want to see Sora's reaction to 3 bad endings (for her) before she finally gets hers.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 23:55   Link #677
ZeKeR
Superbad

haruka = makoto.....

cannot compute..... EVAR

and... im pretty sure they'll merge the entire storylines here tho
Old 2010-10-21, 02:57   Link #678
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Some things to note about episode 3:
  • Sora's response to Haruka's question about having another sibling is so perfectly laced with double-meaning.
  • In the train ride on the way back from the beach, note the important parallel to the opening episode -- even the music does a reprise. Sora is looking over at Kazuha, who is very much in "her seat".
  • Haruka asks Kazuha to play her viola for him someday; contrast her answer to the opening episode and Sora's reaction to Haruka asking her about wearing a uniform. Again, the camera shows Sora looking at them.
  • Interesting contrast between what Sora told Haru in her message ("I'm going home first; show up whenever"), and the way Haru explained it to Kazuha ("She's going home with a friend; she told me to go home first").
  • Haruka and Kazuha both being "ditched" by Sora and Akira on the way home from school is a double-sided parallel that will come back later.
  • "Hey, are you looking?" He's looking all right...
  • The way they are weaving the story about Kazuha's relationship to her father around the viola is well done. It starts with Akira's comment that she'll be happy "as long the people she wants to hear her are listening". This comes back on the train (as already mentioned), but then again with the flashback which shows that she was in a contest, but her real reason was so her father would praise her ("the people she wants to hear her"). You can see clearly from the other comments about her father throughout what's changed. (Notice she gets scolded form her father later in the episode; complete contrast to the flashback.)
  • I liked how even the "non-winning" popsicle stick when Sora was alone came back later.
  • Haruka is a pretty quick thinker. He noted that Kazuha's father said two things: "I figured you were probably helping someone out" and "You must do what you promise to do", and so he put together the excuse "I asked her to show me around town" which is both a) helping someone out (in character), and b) following a promise (to him). The father had no reason to say no.
  • When Kazuha goes on her tirade about her father, it's perhaps no surprise to note the way she measures her father's "mistreatment" of Akira: he comes to see her performance but he doesn't praise her. Contrast to the flashback; as you might expect from someone who lives for the praise of others.
  • In the next train scene, they repeat another scene from the opening episode, but notice again Kazuha's different attitude.
  • The parallel between Akira and Sora (referenced earlier) was very well done at the end, even down to the parallel between Sora's bunny and Akira's cat. (This was, of course, made obvious when they showed Akira holding the cat in the same way as Sora's bunny, and again when Sora put the bunny on her head to match Akira's cat.) (Here's the winning popsicle stick to contrast with Sora's loss from earlier.)
  • "And how they both stay focused on one thing." Sora's popsicle collapses/scene joiner. Kiss scene. (They're both pretty focused on one thing I'd say... )
  • Akira to Sora: "Will you be okay on your own?" Sora says yes, but Akira collapses. (Parallel also to Kazuha's comment to Haruka as they repaired the display. It's an excellent joiner to the next episode.)

All of these things are probably things that everyone noticed so nothing new, but all that to say that I continue to be (perhaps foolishly) impressed with how much the anime manages to get done in so few words. It feels like everything said is laced with double-meaning and parallels to other things happening in the episode (and elsewhere). And somehow, even though the plot is moving extremely quickly, the show still manages to convey a lot of atmosphere and emotion. So potential overall plot direction confusion aside, these are some things that still make each episode enjoyable to me.
Old 2010-10-21, 09:50   Link #679
Nickymanga

Relentless flame I really liked your notes and analysis on episode 3 I never saw it that way before.
But I just want to know do all those double meanings and paralells lead to him being wth Kazuha all the way as a romantic interest?
As I said before seeing how mutual their feelings were shown and how episode 4 may go I beleive she will be.
Especially as in the preveiw for epsiode 4 she says can 'we become one'
Nickymanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 10:26   Link #680
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
  • Akira to Sora: "Will you be okay on your own?" Sora says yes, but Akira collapses. (Parallel also to Kazuha's comment to Haruka as they repaired the display. It's an excellent joiner to the next episode.)
I just realized I totally forgot to talk about Akira collapsing

I haven't seen a lot of discussion on that subject in this thread so it looks like I'm not the only one. So, do you think she collpased simply because she overworked herself or is it a lot more serious than that? My first thought was "oh geez, not Keyaids again..."

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation