AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-23, 06:19   Link #1161
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
What's song number 5 in that playlist? I don't recognize it.
La Soldier, from episode 88. Which is like... one of the most popular Sailor Moon insert songs (at least, that was my impression when I was growing up). It was a pretty well-known song from the Sailor Moon musicals back in the day, which is where it originated from.
Old 2014-01-23, 13:27   Link #1162
Dr. Casey

Weird that I don't remember it at all then, I'm pretty sure that I recall all the other insert songs outside of R. (Sailor Moon Classic has two if I remember right, the song where Princess Serenity is introduced and then the hot springs episode, number 40... SuperS, the song where the Inner Senshi confront the main band of villains in a group brawl... I don't remember any songs from S or Stars, unless you count the music the Starlights play on occasion as such.)
Old 2014-01-23, 19:49   Link #1163
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
La Soldier, from episode 88. Which is like... one of the most popular Sailor Moon insert songs (at least, that was my impression when I was growing up). It was a pretty well-known song from the Sailor Moon musicals back in the day, which is where it originated from.
Definitely one of my favorites.

I've got a bunch of SM songs floating around my computer from way back in the day. La Soldier is played pretty frequently along with Route Venus.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2014-01-23, 19:55   Link #1164
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Don't worry, I don't particularly rememer that one either. I've heard it later ofc (and it's awesome), but definitely not a song I distinctly recall from when I was growing up.
I remember hearing roughly all other songs except this one back in the days o.o
Old 2014-01-23, 20:16   Link #1165
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

To be fair, I had to go and refresh my memory on a good number of the songs for the album. Track 6 was something I don't think I've ever come across before. La Soldier was definitely one of my most fav SM songs as a kid. (That and Rei's image song, Fire Soul Love. <3)
Old 2014-01-23, 23:06   Link #1166
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

This is pretty much all flying over my head since my only exposure to Sailor Moon has been the manga. But I'm cautiously optimistic.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-02, 20:24   Link #1167
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Not a big fan of most of these covers, but it has definitely sparked some nostalgia.
Old 2014-02-04, 01:40   Link #1168
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

La Soldier and Tuxedo Mirage are definitely my favorite tracks on the album. They both do a great job of channeling the vibes from the respective songs they're based on while successfully pulling off a fresh twist. (Though, I'm definitely biased since they're two of my favorite SM songs ever... both sung by artists I really like.)

Both Moonlight Densetsu renditions are also nice, of course (the French one is really darn classy). Otome no Policy is a big departure from its original, but it's interesting to listen to, even if I do find its vocals lacking. Honorable mentions to Rashiku Ikimashou, Sailor Star Song, and Ai no Kishi for doing a good job of capturing a nostalgic feel, even if they're not my favorite songs. The rest of the album I either just plain didn't like or they were songs I wasn't crazy about to begin with.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2014-02-04 at 02:05.
Old 2014-02-04, 11:39   Link #1169
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I personally really liked La Soldier(listening to it for last couple of days). Ai No Senshi is quite good too
Old 2014-02-06, 02:51   Link #1170
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Still no news about the anime and not the album?^^
Old 2014-02-09, 04:13   Link #1171
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Still no news about the anime and not the album?^^
Not sure what the last information you heard was, but the anime has been announced to air from July 2014, and it will be by TOEI!
Old 2014-02-11, 08:00   Link #1172
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi View Post
Not sure what the last information you heard was, but the anime has been announced to air from July 2014, and it will be by TOEI!
Source for this announcement?
Old 2014-02-11, 08:10   Link #1173
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Source for this announcement?
Here it is
Old 2014-02-11, 15:21   Link #1174
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would explain the rush of figurines at the latest model shows in Japan.
Old 2014-02-12, 00:44   Link #1175
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I haven't been impressed with any of the character figurines released so far. I also can't help but wonder why they're releasing them with their old designs. I hardly think this new show is going to use the same exact designs as original anime.
Old 2014-02-12, 02:17   Link #1176
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
I haven't been impressed with any of the character figurines released so far. I also can't help but wonder why they're releasing them with their old designs. I hardly think this new show is going to use the same exact designs as original anime.
I'm assuming it's because the new designs haven't even been revealed yet.
Old 2014-02-12, 03:02   Link #1177
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
And in English, for anyone who wants prefers it:

Quote:
Great news, Sailor Moon fans!

The upcoming all-new Sailor Moon anime will stream simultaneously worldwide starting July, 2014 and will be produced by Toei Animation!
The new anime is part of Sailor Moon's 20th anniversary project with the popular and talented girl group Momoiro Clover Z in charge of the theme song.

-Release Details-
Release: Simultaneous Worldwide Stream on Niconico Douga
Start Date: July, 2014
Official Site: http://sailormoon-official.com/

-Staff-
Original Adaptation: Naoko Takeuchi
Director: Munehisa Sakai
Series Composition: Yuji Kobayashi
Animation Production: Toei Animation
Theme Song: Momoiro Clover Z

Be sure to keep an eye on the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary Project official site and Niconico for future updates!