AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-25, 11:53   Link #561
Breimoon

i am happy that this anime is going good but wanted sekai seifuku to go well too
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 13:03   Link #562
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
Spoiler for Courtesy from tsubasalover @ myanimelist:

Glad to see Mikakunin at a good position..
V1 has an OVA and an event ticket, which drives up the sales. I'm expecting V2 to sell less, as it doesn't have all those extras. If it stays this strong, though, I'd be very happy, as this one of the few shows this season I really, really like.
Old 2014-03-26, 15:48   Link #563
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
GAH!

Adorable!

Rassa frassin... I wish it did not have to end.

In any event it was very worth it - such a lovely and endearing series. Best of the season for me!

Oh yes - forgot how FAST Hakuya can move when need arises.
Old 2014-03-26, 15:58   Link #564
ellessarr
Banned

Spoiler for last episode:

a interesting thing is who due to the bound throught the share of powers hakuya can sense when kobeni is near him or even know if she is alright or in danger and he is really freaking fast.

a really awesome serie 11/10 for me i gonna miss this show.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 16:05   Link #565
Dwalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
Spoiler for last episode:
Spoiler:
Dwalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 00:07   Link #566
ellessarr
Banned

man this series was really awesome, a really good end, why japan can't keep doing "more shows like this" rater than keep overusing the "superultra copy/paste cliches ones(specially harem) who are so too much cliche who ending being horrible "boring"(at last for me, aways looks like i'm watching the same show over and over about a "average mc who is good for nothing and dont want girls and bla bla bla).
really gonna be a miss.

what i like is wich based on the sales this show with chuunibyou and witchcarft work proof who you can do really awesome shows(with high sales for the season and compared with current seasons overal sales) changing/avoiding or reducing the amount of "cliche things and you dont need the "average dense/coward/childsh prota-kun being targeted by all thje girls to have good sales all you need is have the courage and skills to make the difference and this can lead to sucess like that.
Old 2014-03-27, 00:10   Link #567
eceso

very nice end, sad to see the show end

many lol moments mashiro on the broom is definitely going to be a gif imma see around a lot
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 00:14   Link #568
Pesti13nce

This was great.... freaking loved this series.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 00:16   Link #569
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
And thus I bid farewell...to one of the most fun OP's I've seen in a while. This has been the rare OP that's been as fun to watch every time.

This was a really nice last episode. Almost feels like I should be standing up and applauding it or something .

Really it was just a nice episode from start to finish. They really went all in on this one. The tone just felt right throughout. I mean it was just really good. As expected the reasoning for them going back did end up not that serious. Seems mostly the goal was to show report cards, change over clothes and such along with getting some herbs while they were up there. Though in the end it worked fine. There wouldn't have been time to do what they did if the reasoning was overly serious.

Even in this last episode we keep getting some nice progress. Get a good view of what really bothers Kobeni. Certainly being alone isn't an unusual thing to be bothered by even more so when you have that inferiority complex. On top of her feelings for Hakuya and Mashiro I'm sure the fact that it felt like she was left behind was a huge thing eating at her early in the episode.

Great moments throughout. Really showing how fast Hakuya can move when he's motivated and a nice chance to save Kobeni properly this time. Some really adorable scenes with the two of them after that. So Hakuya didn't outright lose his eyesight, but it was damaged enough that covering up that side of his face wasn't a big loss.

On verge of being repetitive, this was a great way to end the series. Just some continually nice progress and Kobeni now not only being ok with the engagement but really accepting it. Would certainly say this is one of if not the top series of the winter for me.
Old 2014-03-27, 01:44   Link #570
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Was anyone else struck by how absolutely perfect Kobeni's insert song was? This series was a really good example for me of doing things well on an overall level, but especially on the last ep. Lots of questions are still unanswered, lots of story elements are still dangling and undeveloped - there is plenty of potential for a second season. But the last ep was just done so well in so many ways. Kinda don't want to spoil too much here, but I hope others get what I mean and that they enjoyed this gem of a series as much (or even more!) than I did.
Old 2014-03-27, 01:45   Link #571
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
...why japan can't keep doing "more shows like this" rater than keep overusing the "superultra copy/paste cliches ones(specially harem) ...
Sadly the reason is simple, while show like infinite stratos sell 22k discs, the top three of this season will sell around 5k discs, which is good but you need at least 10k level of sales for similar shows to start appearing. Anime production studios are no different from Hollywood, no one wants to produce an award winning flop so executives will try to copy whatever is popular atm.

About the last episode, I was surprised Kobeni allowed Hakuya to princess carry her, but I expected more from the episode, we did not even got to see the houses of the mitsumine village (and Benio could have falled from the helicopter, a sign "Kids, do not hang from an helicopter leader with one hand" would have been appreciated while she felt into a mountain crevice >_<).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 02:01   Link #572
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Sadly the reason is simple, while show like infinite stratos sell 22k discs, the top three of this season will sell around 5k discs, which is good but you need at least 10k level of sales for similar shows to start appearing. Anime production studios are no different from Hollywood, no one wants to produce an award winning flop so executives will try to copy whatever is popular atm.
i know but when you look the "copy sales" their never gonna be good like the original or even in many cases "good", in many cases we have "average to bad", this for me can be a good signal(at last for me) who keep copy/paste forever is not a "wining" thing to do, sometimes being creative can be something to try to copy later, not just "being one more doing the same thing over, over and over, basically change only names and character design but the idea/plot/development keep being the same.

Quote:
About the last episode, I was surprised Kobeni allowed Hakuya to princess carry her, but I expected more from the episode, we did not even got to see the houses of the mitsumine village (and Benio could have falled from the helicopter, a sign "Kids, do not hang from an helicopter leader with one hand" would have been appreciated while she felt into a mountain crevice >_<).
about benio dont worry, watch the OVA who was released of then (have 16 or 12 minutes) and you can see how "crazy abnormal benio is", mashiro literally started to jump between tree to try to run from her while she also was "jumping" like mashiro and catch her, benio definitly is not a "normal human" she is a UMA and dont know.
Old 2014-03-27, 03:09   Link #573
pampz21
ShipCore

A perfect way to say good bye~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 03:11   Link #574
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And thus I bid farewell...to one of the most fun OP's I've seen in a while. This has been the rare OP that's been as fun to watch every time.
Yes, loved the OP. Especially the beginning with Kobeni dancing. Fun to watch.

As for the series, I started on it tomorrow (and finished it today) after somebody recommended it to me a few weeks ago. Must say I'm quite impressed. It's a funny and very enjoyable show. The interaction and developments are handled nicely and as somebody said, it is a nice change away from the usual stuff. The thing I liked most were the characters. Kobeni's just too cute, Hakuya's reactions (or lack thereof) that only Kobeni can read are great. Mashiro's funny with her acting like an adult or a child depending on the situation and Benio's crazy lolicon/siscon attitude is also funny. The side-characters are also done well like Mayura providing advice or Nadeshiko keeping Benio in check. All in all I hope that this series can get some kind of a follow-up. I think there is still enough potential for development out there.
Old 2014-03-27, 03:53   Link #575
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Thanks for another great show.

Happy cheers to Kobeni and Hakuya.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 05:26   Link #576
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

And this is why this was one of the best shows this season for me. Heartwarming to the max, with lots of cute moments between Kobeni and Hakuya. Nice to see Kobeni admitting she likes Hakuya, even if she didn't say it directly, and how she scolded him for keeping secrets as if they were already married. And that insert song was just perfect.

We'll probably won't see more of this, but if we do, I'd welcome it with open arms.
Old 2014-03-27, 06:46   Link #577
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I just loved the smirk of Hakuya when Benio was asking what happened
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 08:29   Link #578
ZeKeR
Superbad

... I demand a gif for broom Mashiro scene.
Old 2014-03-27, 09:53   Link #579
Avaricia
My Lord

At least show us your Inugami form...
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 09:55   Link #580
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
At least show us your Inugami form...
Kobeni needs to pet him a little bit more for that to happen.

Tags
4-koma, comedy, seinen