Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-05-23, 17:15   Link #5141
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Slightly annoyed but fully expected it. I certainly hope there is only two parts to this and that the second part doesn't take half of a decade.
Agreed. Part 1 took long enough. It's going to be pretty short too, I'm guessing. Hopefully it totally blows us away though. Around 30-40 pages every few years is getting stupid.
Old 2010-05-23, 17:30   Link #5142
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
Agreed. Part 1 took long enough. It's going to be pretty short too, I'm guessing. Hopefully it totally blows us away though. Around 30-40 pages every few years is getting stupid.
30-40 pages is about the minimum length per CHAPTER. Most of the books are about 5 chapters long, each chapter around 40-60 pages, so we're looking at a 200-240 page long book, and that's in Japanese. When translated, it'd be something like 1.25 times the size.

And he's done a two part book before, Owaru Day by Day is split into an upper and lower volume, and they're on the long side. I bought them for a friend of mine and of all the FMP books I have, they're the thickest. When it's got to be split into 2 books, it means it's LOOOONG. It'll be well, well worth it.

Edited to add:
I can't promise a solid translation, life has turned hectic and my track record for completing translations is pitiful at best, BUT I will be summarizing it and translating key parts. The friend I mentioned above won't let me SURVIVE if I don't, so I'll make sure to post what I get done. Scans will also be had, as I intend to purchase 3-5 copies of the book, depending on my finances at the time. One of those copies will be for ripping apart and making nice clean scans.

Last edited by FeistyDreams; 2010-05-24 at 00:57.
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 17:03   Link #5143
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
30-40 pages is about the minimum length per CHAPTER. Most of the books are about 5 chapters long, each chapter around 40-60 pages, so we're looking at a 200-240 page long book, and that's in Japanese. When translated, it'd be something like 1.25 times the size.

And he's done a two part book before, Owaru Day by Day is split into an upper and lower volume, and they're on the long side. I bought them for a friend of mine and of all the FMP books I have, they're the thickest. When it's got to be split into 2 books, it means it's LOOOONG. It'll be well, well worth it.

Edited to add:
I can't promise a solid translation, life has turned hectic and my track record for completing translations is pitiful at best, BUT I will be summarizing it and translating key parts. The friend I mentioned above won't let me SURVIVE if I don't, so I'll make sure to post what I get done. Scans will also be had, as I intend to purchase 3-5 copies of the book, depending on my finances at the time. One of those copies will be for ripping apart and making nice clean scans.
If this is the case, and if you are right.

That means this ending will be almost as long as TSR it self. And let me say, most of the books were long.

If this book finale is 2 books long!!? I suspect that Leonard WILL succeed in reverting the universe in to the dimension of non-whispers,...

In that moment, we may see briefly what the world is like without armslaves, without certain elements affected by whispers....

in this period, SOMEONE will rebel, and something will go horribly wrong...
Where this dimension either goes kaput, is actually worst then the original, or simply Sousuke or someone rebelling (maybe even Sophia/Chidori) who says NO this isnt what i wanted!...

And suddenly the entire thing goes polar and reverts back to the original dimension, Yansak and Merinda TAROS explodes simultanously in 1984 (like it alraedy happen) and thus nothing is changed...or it was all by fate...?? Or maybe Tessa helped?...

And everything is back to normal with Chidori back to her self....

However... Leonard is now in insane kill mode...

thats my new theory..o.o....

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-05-24 at 17:38.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 23:33   Link #5144
Eak
One angry cloud.

Speaking of the novel... Has anyone heard anything new regarding TokyoPop's english novels?
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 11:00   Link #5145
FeistyDreams

All you people thinking we'll be waiting another 2-3 years for the second part of Zutto Stand By Me...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...sted-in-august

TAKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!! *cheers*

Although I'm kinda sad it'll be over this year...

...but maybe we'll see a new anime sooner for it?
Old 2010-05-25, 12:13   Link #5146
SkoolRumble4Ya

Damn Lost just ended now FMP going to end. I guess all good things come to an end.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 12:55   Link #5147
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
I am more than glad with these news on FMP...Now I only hope for a happy ending....!!!!
Old 2010-05-25, 14:08   Link #5148
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
All you people thinking we'll be waiting another 2-3 years for the second part of Zutto Stand By Me...

Whoooo!!! That is awesome news.
Hussar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 01:25   Link #5149
Eak
One angry cloud.

Nice! Though I was one of those people who said it would take years, who cares! Now I hope we can see a new anime or movie!
Old 2010-05-26, 17:15   Link #5150
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Damn Lost just ended now FMP going to end. I guess all good things come to an end.
Oh yes! Lost was a very interesting show, agreed. I'm not desperately awaiting for the finale to FMP though like some other shows, but I'll read it sometime after it is translated.
Old 2010-05-27, 23:06   Link #5151
Jarmel

Quote:

Now I'm wondering if there is going to be a part 3. I'm somewhat impressed though and very glad about the news. Now comes the inevitable wait for a new anime series.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 01:01   Link #5152
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
I don't think that there will be a part three...although I love this story a lot, I really think that this is the right time to read the ending at last...

As for a new tv series or OVAs then that I would be very glad to watch!
Old 2010-05-28, 02:03   Link #5153
Jarmel

What I would really love to see Kyo-Ani do is a full 26 episodes similar to Clannad but that is beyond my wildest dreams at this point.
Old 2010-05-28, 19:33   Link #5154
Eak
One angry cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
What I would really love to see Kyo-Ani do is a full 26 episodes similar to Clannad but that is beyond my wildest dreams at this point.
Yea, that would certainly be in a few years time given their already established schedule :/
Old 2010-05-31, 12:31   Link #5155
Fweedom
:3

First time poster, long time reader... <.< ... >.> ... Hi!

Things to note for this post:
  1. I've only read the translated versions of the main novels.
  2. I've only read the spoiler tags of the side stories here (everything in this post can be referenced at this link, too): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26478
  3. Like everyone else, I've watched and re-watched "FMP!", "FMP? Fumoffu", and "FMP! TSR".
Moving on...

---------

I think that there's enough material for the next FMP animated season to go past 24 (FMP! episode count). My reasoning is that, even though they're side stories, much of the FMP side stories are referred to in the main novels.&nbsp; Without these stories being animated, or at least being presented as flashbacks, in the animated season, some events in the main story wouldn't make too much sense.

Examples (with as little spoiling as possible):
  • In COMO - There is a reference to Jindai's first experience with a biological weapon (FMP? Fumoffu - Last Episode).
  • In CMMD - While recuperating, Sosuke meets up with some old war vets, who have large interest in Tessa. I believe they are first mentioned in VOLUME 13: "Anshin Dekinai Nanatsu Dougu" - Rouhei tachi no Fuga.
  • At the epilogue of Approaching Nick of Time - There is a reference to the FMP? Fumoffu's Hot Spring episode.
These are just a few examples that I could remember off the top of my head, but the list goes on. There's also the much needed background stories for Kurz and Sosuke, that are more in depth than just their first encounter with Mao. If the producers of the new season (hopefully it's Kyo-Ani) wants the viewers who have not followed FMP outside of the anime to retain the same connection to the characters as those who did, then they would need to animate the critical side stories, even if those episodes would fall under the Fumoffu category.

I guess this makes a lot of the side stories more than just side stories. Side note: FMP has the best filler, ever. :P

---------

Something for the Kurz fans: *Warning*

Spoiler:

Also, ...

Spoiler:

This is just some stuff that I was thinking...

Last edited by Fweedom; 2010-05-31 at 21:35.
Fweedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 13:58   Link #5156
FeistyDreams

Spoiler for Sousuke's past:

Other than little bit of fact, I agree with you. ^^ Part of me hopes Kurz is alive, but part of me also thinks Gatoh rather over-does bringing people back from the dead, and that the poor boy should be allowed his epic scene.

And FMP totally does have the best filler *eyes mountain of FMP side story novels* ^^
Old 2010-06-01, 08:49   Link #5157
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweedom View Post

Spoiler:
Yes and no.
Spoiler:
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 18:43   Link #5158
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweedom View Post
First time poster, long time reader... <.< ... >.> ... Hi!

Things to note for this post:
  1. I've only read the translated versions of the main novels.
  2. I've only read the spoiler tags of the side stories here (everything in this post can be referenced at this link, too): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26478
  3. Like everyone else, I've watched and re-watched "FMP!", "FMP? Fumoffu", and "FMP! TSR".
Moving on...

---------

I think that there's enough material for the next FMP animated season to go past 24 (FMP! episode count). My reasoning is that, even though they're side stories, much of the FMP side stories are referred to in the main novels.&nbsp; Without these stories being animated, or at least being presented as flashbacks, in the animated season, some events in the main story wouldn't make too much sense.

Examples (with as little spoiling as possible):
  • In COMO - There is a reference to Jindai's first experience with a biological weapon (FMP? Fumoffu - Last Episode).
  • In CMMD - While recuperating, Sosuke meets up with some old war vets, who have large interest in Tessa. I believe they are first mentioned in VOLUME 13: "Anshin Dekinai Nanatsu Dougu" - Rouhei tachi no Fuga.
  • At the epilogue of Approaching Nick of Time - There is a reference to the FMP? Fumoffu's Hot Spring episode.
These are just a few examples that I could remember off the top of my head, but the list goes on. There's also the much needed background stories for Kurz and Sosuke, that are more in depth than just their first encounter with Mao. If the producers of the new season (hopefully it's Kyo-Ani) wants the viewers who have not followed FMP outside of the anime to retain the same connection to the characters as those who did, then they would need to animate the critical side stories, even if those episodes would fall under the Fumoffu category.

I guess this makes a lot of the side stories more than just side stories. Side note: FMP has the best filler, ever. :P

---------

Spoiler:

Also, ...

Spoiler:

This is just some stuff that I was thinking...
hoho! I like it! New thinkers!

First, I totally agree with you and I have mention in an earlier post the fact Wraith is with some KGB officer. JUST before Leonard leaves, he gets a signal from Kalinin I believe that they must dip from Yansak11 (Chenorby-city) before the soviets came. (It was their territory I believe)...

So yes! Someone IS coming in the horizon, and POSSIBLY with Wraith. The hopes are high for him! I am suspecting Kurtz rolling in a wheele chair somewhere in the end...

However I -dont- agree with you about the plane crash that effected Sousuke's life completely is caused by the Omnisphere. First, yeah as hunter and others have said, it happen in 81-82...Sousuke was already 4ish (he has the same age as Kaname which means he was born in 82 or 81). the plane crash happen around 1985-86. It could be confirmed in the translations if it states the date.

Second, the plane did not crash because of Omnisphere forces, it was hinted in the last translation I read of Voice from the North side novel that the plane was SHOT DOWN because there was rumors that it carried a royal-treasure being transfered to London...which by the way, is where Sousuke was heading to...

They shot down the plane, took what they wanted, and left the rest to die.
IF this isn't true. Why bother covering up the names of the passengers and the existance of the plane at all? Kalinin tried to find records and it was poof,..gone.

They shot it down on purpose. Took the treasure. Covered up the evidence before anyone took noticed.

Soviets were well known in stealing art, treasures, and taking anything that crosses their borders. The area was a true hotspot.

thats my input!

--- To Hunter

I agree, the DeJaVue really wont be effecting Kurtz :s...his wounds are pretty real.
I also agree that both Mithiril and Amalgam are considered enemies of the soviets. (Remember Gauron shooting down one of them at a bridge?) Amalgam is on no one's side. So if they DO pick up Kurtz, Pray to god they spare him or Wraith actually sneaking him out alive. If he manages...

PS : GATOU WROTE SOMETHING!! WHAT DOES HE SAY?! ><

http://www.gatoh.com/weblog/index.html

Something good?!!?

PSS: You may want to check out Mao in the Cover of new Sigma 13..o.O

Is Lady Gaga rubbing off in the outfits here?...

. LOL...

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-06-01 at 19:04.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 21:51   Link #5159
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
About what he roughly says......
FMP Sigma will released 9/6, while the two anticipated FMP book will be on 20/7 and 20/8.
Also some more about comments on his blog as well as the burden of 2 years/15 years.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 08:33   Link #5160
Jarmel

I forgot to ask this crucial little bit. Do we even have confirmation that part 2 is indeed the finale?

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen