AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 22:40   Link #141
herbert

I am expecting "bitch" comment about Nagi kicking Jin for no good reasons. But it seems it won't show up.

Good start. Just hope it would not be too good for rest of the series to live on.
Old 2008-10-06, 22:51   Link #142
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I am expecting "bitch" comment about Nagi kicking Jin for no good reasons. But it seems it won't show up.

Good start. Just hope it would not be too good for rest of the series to live on.
After watching Toradora, I think most of us are unaware of anything at this point.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 00:34   Link #143
JediNight
キズランダム

I forget if it was here or MT forums -- but my take on Nagi's knowledge is whatever she overhears from visitors to the shrine over the years. So she has kinda second-hand knowledge of a number of things, but doesn't really get to see much.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 03:15   Link #144
mandarb916

uh...
BS11 broadcast (HD) has been cancelled for this show, apparently, now... :/
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 03:36   Link #145
DanielSong39

Not quite as good as the manga; but above average. Somewhat disappointed that much of the humor is gone - random violence and ecchi fan service is a poor substitute for the wonderful situational comedy in the manga.

Nevertheless, it's a good start and I'd like to see how this continues.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 03:44   Link #146
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
uh...
They cancel broadcasts on such short notice in Japan? Rough...
Old 2008-10-07, 08:43   Link #147
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Not quite as good as the manga; but above average. Somewhat disappointed that much of the humor is gone - random violence and ecchi fan service is a poor substitute for the wonderful situational comedy in the manga.

Nevertheless, it's a good start and I'd like to see how this continues.
Was it really that ecchi though? Most of it was just implied after all.

Speaking of situational comedy, I the show already seems to show signs of that in the first ep. Overall a pretty cute ep but maybe they can catch up to the manga if you say it has more humorous aspects to it. Maybe things get lost in the conversion.

As for the OP, that's just plain weird... very off beat. The ED on the otherhand, it was actually very serene and really nice. Very different styles to them.

Needless to say, this will probably fill my Wagaya no Oinarisama and Natsume Yuujinchou as the 'god living and fooling around with normal people' anime quota.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:53   Link #148
7Th
Mixtape

Staff listing for future episodes from NewType magazine... anyone care to help me translate the remaining names to fill the ANN encyclopedia?

第二幕『玉音アタック!』
脚本(Script):倉田 英之(Hideyuki Kurata, he is probably writing the whole show)、絵コンテ(Storyboard):畑博之(Hiroyuki Hata)、演出(Director):鎌倉由実(Yumi Kamakura)、作画監督(Animation Director):沼田誠也(Seiya Numata)

第三幕『スクールの女神』
脚本:倉田 英之(Kurata)、絵コンテ:五木巌、演出:平向智子(Tomoko Hiramuki)、作画監督:後藤孝宏、亀谷響子(Takahiro Goto and Kyoko Kameya)

第四幕『シスターズ』
脚本:倉田 英之(Kurata)、絵コンテ:平池芳正(Yoshimasa Hiraike)、演出:森義博(Yasuhiro Mori)、作画監督:古川英機(Hideki Furukawa)

第五幕『発現! しょくたくまじんを愛せよ』
脚本:倉田 英之(Kurata)、絵コンテ:平池芳正(Yoshimasa Hiraike)、演出:山内東生雄(Tokio Yamauchi)、作画監督:浦和文子、吉田優子(Yuuko Yoshida, Fumiko Urawa)

第六幕『ナギたんのドキドキクレイジー』
脚本:倉田 英之(Kurata)、絵コンテ:亀田充、演出:高島大輔(Daisuke Takashima)、作画監督:野田康行(Yasuyuki Noda)

Last edited by 7Th; 2008-10-07 at 11:05.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:56   Link #149
Ryusiangel

I saw the first episode no idea if i be watching the rest but i hope it be promising in the future. how is everyone likeing the first episode is it worth watching? or should i stop?
Ryusiangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:00   Link #150
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I don't think it was ecchi... Well again after watching Zero No tsukaima season 3 everything looks not ecchi compared to that...

Anyways, its pretty enjoyable with a good animation.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:07   Link #151
Amylian

Send a message via MSN to Amylian Send a message via Yahoo to Amylian
All I think after watching the first episode is that this series has an exquisite, delightful aura. The story, personally, seems original and the animation is marvelous, never seen any series quite like it in a while.
Amylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:21   Link #152
Oxtail

I really like the pacing of the comedy in this show. So many anime rush from one joke to another and just seem to be trying too hard. The comedic pauses in Kannagi are excellent.

Likeable characters, good animation, and jokes that haven't made me groan(yet). So far so good.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 16:45   Link #153
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Damn Japan. The OP is hypnotic. Arghhhhhh.
Old 2008-10-07, 17:41   Link #154
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The OP has some eye-riveting animation.... but I particularly like the prayer-like ED tune.

I suspect I'm in for a lot of "the usual shenanigans" with the "strange girl who moves in" and its impact on his other relationships. But hopefully the combination of basic shinto and the personalities will carry it through.

Glad to see she's an attractive but normal looking girl. Hilarious juxtaposition of a kami using "mahou shoujo" techniques on impurities.
Old 2008-10-07, 20:38   Link #155
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
This is one of those series I've been anticipating for a long time due to checking out a few chapters of the manga. I rather like what I saw of Nagi in the anime and so far I'm rather fond of her in the anime as well. Her voice definitely works well for her in my limited view. So this is likely to be one of my primary series of Autumn 2008.
Old 2008-10-07, 20:41   Link #156
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I'm not a fan of the useless punching in Kannagi, but I did enjoy the first episode much more than I expected. The animation quality is quite good, and although I don't see much of a plot yet other than a goddess hangs around with a high school kid, but the episode was enjoyable enough to make me sit through it.
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 21:02   Link #157
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not going to say her violence was *justified* ... just that it was *understandable*. Her home had been cut down.... she wasn't quite clear on his part in it, but "kill the messenger" in a moment of despair is understandable.
Old 2008-10-07, 21:51   Link #158
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
uh...
Oh well.

BS11's well known for sticking in a hideous watermark into the top right of the screen anyways.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 22:30   Link #159
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I thought what some folks are calling "ecchi" was beautifully handled. When you first meet an attractive likeable girl, those kinds of "flash" seconds really do make up one's first impressions. It doesn't overwhelm him but it was a really nice way of portraying an "omigod, she's transcendent" without it being crass or stupid low-brow.
Old 2008-10-07, 22:32   Link #160
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm not going to say her violence was *justified* ... just that it was *understandable*. Her home had been cut down.... she wasn't quite clear on his part in it, but "kill the messenger" in a moment of despair is understandable.
Those gag attacks I don't even really count in the long run, as it's sorta like an "in-betweener" shot used to bridge scenes.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen